Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Your JS2 Predictions, Please:

I'll be thankful for them by Nov. 23
5
9%
My HLS advent calendar goes well with JS2s by Dec. 3
3
5%
My lords will a'leap when they're here by Dec. 14
25
43%
I'll have to air some grievances if it's not until Dec. 23
13
22%
Resolved: They'll be here by Jan. 1
12
21%
 
Total votes: 58

User avatar
Platopus
Posts: 1308
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Platopus » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:44 am

#gobroncos wrote:
mrsharveyspecter wrote:So--have second round JS1s come in or not?


One person a couple pages back reported a JS1 on a different day, but they were URM with really high scores, so it may have been a special case. It doesnt seem like there has actually been a second “wave” yet. Probably Monday, I would guess.


Let's just go with "no" since that makes me feel better

User avatar
Bush v. Gorgeous
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:37 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Bush v. Gorgeous » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:16 pm

Platopus wrote:
#gobroncos wrote:
mrsharveyspecter wrote:So--have second round JS1s come in or not?


One person a couple pages back reported a JS1 on a different day, but they were URM with really high scores, so it may have been a special case. It doesnt seem like there has actually been a second “wave” yet. Probably Monday, I would guess.


Let's just go with "no" since that makes me feel better


+allthenumbers

jakebrigance11
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:33 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby jakebrigance11 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:03 pm

What’s stronger: 168V/165Q on the GRE or 169 on the LSAT?

Llamas
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:25 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Llamas » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:19 pm

jakebrigance11 wrote:What’s stronger: 168V/165Q on the GRE or 169 on the LSAT?


I vote for the GRE

Llewellyon
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:21 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Llewellyon » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:43 pm

jakebrigance11 wrote:What’s stronger: 168V/165Q on the GRE or 169 on the LSAT?

Remember that Harvard sees all LSAT scores anyways, and you have to send in your GRE scores as well if you have taken it in the last 5 years.

jakebrigance11
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:33 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby jakebrigance11 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:57 pm

Llewellyon wrote:
jakebrigance11 wrote:What’s stronger: 168V/165Q on the GRE or 169 on the LSAT?

Remember that Harvard sees all LSAT scores anyways, and you have to send in your GRE scores as well if you have taken it in the last 5 years.


Harvard's got all my scores. Asking on behalf of Northwestern, which only looks at the strongest score you indicate. Just looking for a gut-check.

lobsicle
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:33 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby lobsicle » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:00 pm

jakebrigance11 wrote:
Llewellyon wrote:
jakebrigance11 wrote:What’s stronger: 168V/165Q on the GRE or 169 on the LSAT?

Remember that Harvard sees all LSAT scores anyways, and you have to send in your GRE scores as well if you have taken it in the last 5 years.


Harvard's got all my scores. Asking on behalf of Northwestern, which only looks at the strongest score you indicate. Just looking for a gut-check.


Is it true that NU looks at strongest score? Given the ABA reporting rules, you would think LSAT would take priority if a student reports both.

User avatar
dm1683
Posts: 650
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby dm1683 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:00 pm

My friends all laughed at me and made legally blonde jokes when I told them I'm waiting to hear from Harvard.

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7560
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Mikey » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:08 pm

dm1683 wrote:My friends all laughed at me and made legally blonde jokes when I told them I'm waiting to hear from Harvard.

they'll be kissing your ass at how awesome you are when you get in tho

User avatar
maybeman
Posts: 343
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:55 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby maybeman » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:31 pm

dm1683 wrote:My friends all laughed at me and made legally blonde jokes when I told them I'm waiting to hear from Harvard.

Also blonde and also suffer deeply from this. If only I had a 179 like elle :cry:

User avatar
maybeman
Posts: 343
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:55 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby maybeman » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:33 pm

Is there any consensus on wave #2 coming on monday?

tinycatfriend
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:06 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby tinycatfriend » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:12 pm

Does H do "under review" or is it just "complete"?

TomLawSchool
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:26 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby TomLawSchool » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:47 pm

is the status checker website down? I can't get on.

User avatar
Platopus
Posts: 1308
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Platopus » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:50 pm

TomLawSchool wrote:is the status checker website down? I can't get on.


I just logged on without any issues

lumosfawkes
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby lumosfawkes » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:55 pm

tinycatfriend wrote:Does H do "under review" or is it just "complete"?


retweet

User avatar
TheKingLives
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:37 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby TheKingLives » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:43 pm

Platopus wrote:
TomLawSchool wrote:is the status checker website down? I can't get on.


I just logged on without any issues

Same.

TomLawSchool
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:26 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby TomLawSchool » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:31 am

TheKingLives wrote:
Platopus wrote:
TomLawSchool wrote:is the status checker website down? I can't get on.


I just logged on without any issues

Same.


Sorry guys it was my browser. I think I logged in too many times to check the status. :wink:

Anyone who submitted around end of October still waiting to be "completed"?

jimmycrackcorn
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby jimmycrackcorn » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:14 am

kj
Last edited by jimmycrackcorn on Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
usaorbust
Posts: 149
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:13 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby usaorbust » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:47 am

jimmycrackcorn wrote:Submitted a month ago (Oct. 14 ), completed Oct. 20, and still haven't heard anything. Getting a little nervous.


There seems to have only been one, or two, wave/s of js1s so there is no need to worry now

spectacles
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:38 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby spectacles » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:24 pm

TomLawSchool wrote:
TheKingLives wrote:
Platopus wrote:
TomLawSchool wrote:is the status checker website down? I can't get on.


I just logged on without any issues

Same.


Sorry guys it was my browser. I think I logged in too many times to check the status. :wink:

Anyone who submitted around end of October still waiting to be "completed"?

Yep. Submitted 10/31, received 11/01, not completed.

tinycatfriend
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:06 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby tinycatfriend » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:57 pm

There's been no js1s, Yes?

Super splitter here waiting for hope...

User avatar
Pozzo
Posts: 1874
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Pozzo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:45 pm

Updated OP for c/o 2020 stats:

Number of Applications: 5,755 (+270)
Number of Admission Offers: 900 (-8)
Percentage Offered Admission: 15.6% (-0.9% points)
Newly Enrolled 1Ls: 562
GPA 75th / 50th / 25th percentiles: 3.96 (+.02) / 3.86 / 3.76
LSAT 75th / 50th / 25th percentiles: 175 / 173 (+1) / 170
48% women
45% students of color
10% hold advanced degrees
81% at least 1 year out of college
66% 2+ years out of college

182 undergraduate schools represented
42 states represented (plus DC)
17% international students

nixbaby
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:54 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby nixbaby » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:07 pm

round of JS1s went out last week.

okapiee
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:20 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby okapiee » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:16 pm

tinycatfriend wrote:There's been no js1s, Yes?

Super splitter here waiting for hope...


There's seems to have been 2 rounds of JS1s: 11/1 and 11/6

Got my JS1 last week and from the HLS calendar it seems like they are fully booked for interviews for the next two weeks.

Fingers crossed it'll be coming soon!!

tinycatfriend
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:06 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby tinycatfriend » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:36 am

okapiee wrote:
tinycatfriend wrote:There's been no js1s, Yes?

Super splitter here waiting for hope...


There's seems to have been 2 rounds of JS1s: 11/1 and 11/6

Got my JS1 last week and from the HLS calendar it seems like they are fully booked for interviews for the next two weeks.

Fingers crossed it'll be coming soon!!


Thanks! I just went complete on 11/1, so not much of a chance for those rounds... good luck!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cakepatrol, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], lawschoolbound8, Majestic-12 [Bot], Neschoenholtz, Platopus, Yahoo [Bot] and 15 guests