Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Your JS2 Predictions, Please:

I'll be thankful for them by Nov. 23
5
9%
My HLS advent calendar goes well with JS2s by Dec. 3
3
5%
My lords will a'leap when they're here by Dec. 14
22
39%
I'll have to air some grievances if it's not until Dec. 23
14
25%
Resolved: They'll be here by Jan. 1
12
21%
 
Total votes: 56

FriedChickenHero
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:33 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby FriedChickenHero » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:32 am

zachbp13 wrote:
FriedChickenHero wrote:
lobsicle wrote:Anyone have their interview today?


I did... I didn't think it went all that well, to be honest. It didn't go that badly either but would have liked to come off feeling like I really did well. How did it go for you?


Keep your head up. These kind of things often feel like they went worse than they really did.


Thank you! We'll see how it goes.

okapiee
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:20 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby okapiee » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:15 am

Also posting profile:
LSAC GPA: 4.13 (top public, bioengineering)
LSAT: 171
Masters from Oxford
Strong softs
Complete date: 10/24
JS1: this week

Good luck everyone!!! fingers crossed
Last edited by okapiee on Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

black_mirror
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:01 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby black_mirror » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:59 am

For those who had the interview - do you guys send out a thank you note? Or is this just silly at this point?

highLSATurm
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:23 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby highLSATurm » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:41 am

okapiee wrote:Also posting profile:
LSAC GPA: 4.13 (top public, bioengineering)
LSAT: 171
Masters from Oxford
Strong softs
Complete date: 10/24
JS1: this week

Good luck everyone!!! fingers crossed



amazing!
again- I’m new to posting so if this is rude, I’m sorry. Are you a URM?

ii am.

*excuse the double ii... sure you’re familiar with the lovely apple glitch that changes a single “ii” to -> I️

kj4064
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:23 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby kj4064 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:07 pm

Went received 9/25 and still at received. Should I be concerned? 174 LSAT and 3.95 GPA, okay softs, right out of undergrad

User avatar
usaorbust
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:13 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby usaorbust » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:11 pm

kj4064 wrote:Went received 9/25 and still at received. Should I be concerned? 174 LSAT and 3.95 GPA, okay softs, right out of undergrad


9/25??? Or 10/25? 9/25 that's concerning and if 10/25 it's no problem

kj4064
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:23 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby kj4064 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:12 pm

usaorbust wrote:
kj4064 wrote:Went received 9/25 and still at received. Should I be concerned? 174 LSAT and 3.95 GPA, okay softs, right out of undergrad


9/25??? Or 10/25? 9/25 that's concerning and if 10/25 it's no problem


9/25! Any advice on what to do?

User avatar
usaorbust
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:13 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby usaorbust » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:15 pm

kj4064 wrote:
usaorbust wrote:
kj4064 wrote:Went received 9/25 and still at received. Should I be concerned? 174 LSAT and 3.95 GPA, okay softs, right out of undergrad


9/25??? Or 10/25? 9/25 that's concerning and if 10/25 it's no problem


9/25! Any advice on what to do?


You may want to email admissions to see if there is a part of your application that is missing. Your app should be complete by now but something must be holding it up. I think some people here have tried to contact hls admissions earlier in the cycle, maybe they have some other advice too.

nixbaby
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:54 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby nixbaby » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:16 pm

black_mirror wrote:For those who had the interview - do you guys send out a thank you note? Or is this just silly at this point?


i thought about it. i think that would be annoying to be honest. and they'd likely receive it after they already submitted their notes on the interview. no point to me.

kj4064
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:23 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby kj4064 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:22 pm

usaorbust wrote:
kj4064 wrote:
usaorbust wrote:
kj4064 wrote:Went received 9/25 and still at received. Should I be concerned? 174 LSAT and 3.95 GPA, okay softs, right out of undergrad


9/25??? Or 10/25? 9/25 that's concerning and if 10/25 it's no problem


9/25! Any advice on what to do?


You may want to email admissions to see if there is a part of your application that is missing. Your app should be complete by now but something must be holding it up. I think some people here have tried to contact hls admissions earlier in the cycle, maybe they have some other advice too.


I emailed admissions. Thank you so much for the help!

User avatar
usaorbust
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:13 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby usaorbust » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:35 pm

finally went complete :), now I can start being bummed when missing JS1 invites

lumosfawkes
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby lumosfawkes » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:57 pm

usaorbust wrote:finally went complete :), now I can start being bummed when missing JS1 invites


When did you submit?

staggeringelephant
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 2:37 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby staggeringelephant » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:56 pm

Went complete about 2 weeks ago. Anxiously waiting for JS1 :? :?
Last edited by staggeringelephant on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Slippin' Jimmy
Posts: 737
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:28 pm

Can we get an early ding wave please?

User avatar
maybeman
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:55 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby maybeman » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:35 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Can we get an early ding wave please?

:lol: :cry:

User avatar
usaorbust
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:13 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby usaorbust » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:21 pm

lumosfawkes wrote:
usaorbust wrote:finally went complete :), now I can start being bummed when missing JS1 invites


When did you submit?

End of Oct, so not really that long.

TomLawSchool
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:26 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby TomLawSchool » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:22 pm

usaorbust wrote:
lumosfawkes wrote:
usaorbust wrote:finally went complete :), now I can start being bummed when missing JS1 invites


When did you submit?

End of Oct, so not really that long.


what date specifically? may I ask?

User avatar
rowdy
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby rowdy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:27 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Can we get an early ding wave please?

My body is ready

spectacles
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:38 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby spectacles » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:36 pm

TomLawSchool wrote:
usaorbust wrote:
lumosfawkes wrote:
usaorbust wrote:finally went complete :), now I can start being bummed when missing JS1 invites


When did you submit?

End of Oct, so not really that long.


what date specifically? may I ask?

Ditto - I'm still twiddling my thumbs, and I submitted late 10/31. Deets are much appreciated!

User avatar
usaorbust
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:13 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby usaorbust » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:41 pm

spectacles wrote:
TomLawSchool wrote:
usaorbust wrote:
lumosfawkes wrote:
usaorbust wrote:finally went complete :), now I can start being bummed when missing JS1 invites


When did you submit?

End of Oct, so not really that long.


what date specifically? may I ask?

Ditto - I'm still twiddling my thumbs, and I submitted late 10/31. Deets are much appreciated!

30th

TomLawSchool
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:26 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby TomLawSchool » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:26 am

usaorbust wrote:
spectacles wrote:
TomLawSchool wrote:
usaorbust wrote:
lumosfawkes wrote:
usaorbust wrote:finally went complete :), now I can start being bummed when missing JS1 invites


When did you submit?

End of Oct, so not really that long.


what date specifically? may I ask?

Ditto - I'm still twiddling my thumbs, and I submitted late 10/31. Deets are much appreciated!

30th


Mine was received on the 30th. It has not completed yet.
Can we catch the November waves of JS1, if we submitted by the end of October?

14141453
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:17 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby 14141453 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:41 pm

What's the general consensus on sending thank you letters after interviews? Expected? If so, should it be done via a message on Zoom to the specific person one speaks with, or via an email to the general admissions address?

mrsharveyspecter
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:34 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby mrsharveyspecter » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:30 am

So--have second round JS1s come in or not?

User avatar
#gobroncos
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby #gobroncos » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:50 am

mrsharveyspecter wrote:So--have second round JS1s come in or not?


One person a couple pages back reported a JS1 on a different day, but they were URM with really high scores, so it may have been a special case. It doesnt seem like there has actually been a second “wave” yet. Probably Monday, I would guess.

Piggy11
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:22 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Piggy11 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:08 am

Finally submitted my HLS application. I'm not in the numbers category where I would expect fast movement, but I'll cheer everyone else on!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bhb806 and 5 guests