Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

JS2s are upon us! What would you take over HLS? Anything?

HLS or bust, fam
81
18%
SLS/YLS
129
28%
T6 Full Tuition Scholly
114
25%
T6 w/ Money (< full)
36
8%
T6 Sticker
11
2%
T14 Full Tuition Scholly
57
13%
T14 w/ Money (< full)
19
4%
T14 Sticker
9
2%
 
Total votes: 456

User avatar
Ron.Swanson

New
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:21 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Ron.Swanson » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:37 pm

I didn't know you could get on the WL without a JS1. That makes me feel a teensy bit better.

spectacles

New
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:38 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby spectacles » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:46 pm

Drat. Complete 11/22, no JS1. Will try not to be too heartbroken.

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Platopus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:50 pm

.
Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Piggy11

New
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:22 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Piggy11 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:02 pm

People get JS1's and then get rejected/waitlisted, just as people who don't get them early suddenly get them in February and get accepted.
Don't lose hope - as much as it hurts and as scary as it is in the moment, I don't think lack of a quick JS1 is a harbinger of bad things to come.

User avatar
maybeman

Bronze
Posts: 417
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:55 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby maybeman » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:04 pm

Ron.Swanson wrote:
etramak wrote:
Ron.Swanson wrote:So if we take the LSAT in December and don't tell law schools, they still know and hold your app anyway? :/

I'm not sure. The LSAC website kind of makes it seem like the report shows a pending score. But I put it on the application as well because I didn't want to lie



I'm just a little bummed/scared because I went complete 11/22 and was realllyyyyy hoping for an interview. Is it safe to assume I've already been rejected since I've heard nothing from them about a JS1?

I went complete 9/xx and no JS1 :cry:

tinycatfriend

Bronze
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:06 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby tinycatfriend » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:05 pm

spectacles wrote:Drat. Complete 11/22, no JS1. Will try not to be too heartbroken.


It's wayyyy too early to be concerned!! Breatheeee

TomLawSchool

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:26 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby TomLawSchool » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:10 pm

I got a JS1 today as well. Completed 3 weeks ago. Anyone has any idea how many interviews they do per cycle? Will there be an increase of interviews this year?

spectacles

New
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:38 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby spectacles » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:14 pm

tinycatfriend wrote:
spectacles wrote:Drat. Complete 11/22, no JS1. Will try not to be too heartbroken.


It's wayyyy too early to be concerned!! Breatheeee

Good advice! Thank you - It's not the end of the world, but it would have been such a gift to be relieved of no-JS1 anxiety before the holidays. Fingers tightly crossed for next week!

tinycatfriend

Bronze
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:06 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby tinycatfriend » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:19 pm

spectacles wrote:
tinycatfriend wrote:
spectacles wrote:Drat. Complete 11/22, no JS1. Will try not to be too heartbroken.


It's wayyyy too early to be concerned!! Breatheeee

Good advice! Thank you - It's not the end of the world, but it would have been such a gift to be relieved of no-JS1 anxiety before the holidays. Fingers tightly crossed for next week!


Definitely! It's also worth remembering that being rejected from Harvard is nowhere near the end of the world! You shall be an excellent happy lawyer, regardless of where you go to school!

User avatar
principalagent

Silver
Posts: 741
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby principalagent » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:20 pm

maybeman wrote:I went complete 9/xx and no JS1 :cry:


Retweet

forumls

New
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:44 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby forumls » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:22 pm

Laewgbi wrote:
Ron.Swanson wrote:
forumls wrote:No JS1 today? Have all interviews planned before holidays scheduled already?


+1 I want to know this as well... :|


Just got JS1. 11/28 Complete. GPA > 75, 25 < LSAT < 50. GRE Submitted too.


What's the reasoning for no slots the week of 11th? Slots are gone by the time I check. Nov invite.
Last edited by forumls on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TheKingLives

Bronze
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:37 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby TheKingLives » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:26 pm

.
Last edited by TheKingLives on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Platopus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:32 pm

.
Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spectacles

New
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:38 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby spectacles » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:36 pm

TheKingLives wrote:
spectacles wrote:Drat. Complete 11/22, no JS1. Will try not to be too heartbroken.

Same completion date and no JS1 either :/

Solidarity.

Is it too early to start sending them LOCIs? /jk

forumls

New
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:44 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby forumls » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:39 pm

Platopus wrote:
forumls wrote:
Laewgbi wrote:
Ron.Swanson wrote:
forumls wrote:No JS1 today? Have all interviews planned before holidays scheduled already?


+1 I want to know this as well... :|


Just got JS1. 11/28 Complete. GPA > 75, 25 < LSAT < 50. GRE Submitted too.


What's the reasoning for no slots the week of 11th? Slots are gone by the time I check. Nov invite.


Review previous JS1s in preparation for JS2s on the 18th, would be my guess


Last year they had slots every week. May be doing things different this year?

wiseman96

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:05 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby wiseman96 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:42 pm

maybeman wrote:
Ron.Swanson wrote:
etramak wrote:
Ron.Swanson wrote:So if we take the LSAT in December and don't tell law schools, they still know and hold your app anyway? :/

I'm not sure. The LSAC website kind of makes it seem like the report shows a pending score. But I put it on the application as well because I didn't want to lie



I'm just a little bummed/scared because I went complete 11/22 and was realllyyyyy hoping for an interview. Is it safe to assume I've already been rejected since I've heard nothing from them about a JS1?

I went complete 9/xx and no JS1 :cry:

Me too. Starting to think I've been rejected.

tmcauliffe96

Bronze
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby tmcauliffe96 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:44 pm

wiseman96 wrote:
maybeman wrote:
Ron.Swanson wrote:
etramak wrote:
Ron.Swanson wrote:So if we take the LSAT in December and don't tell law schools, they still know and hold your app anyway? :/

I'm not sure. The LSAC website kind of makes it seem like the report shows a pending score. But I put it on the application as well because I didn't want to lie



I'm just a little bummed/scared because I went complete 11/22 and was realllyyyyy hoping for an interview. Is it safe to assume I've already been rejected since I've heard nothing from them about a JS1?

I went complete 9/xx and no JS1 :cry:

Me too. Starting to think I've been rejected.


Don't worry yet!!!!!!!!! It's still so early

nixbaby

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:54 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby nixbaby » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:46 pm

forumls wrote:
Platopus wrote:
forumls wrote:
Laewgbi wrote:
Ron.Swanson wrote:
forumls wrote:No JS1 today? Have all interviews planned before holidays scheduled already?


+1 I want to know this as well... :|


Just got JS1. 11/28 Complete. GPA > 75, 25 < LSAT < 50. GRE Submitted too.


What's the reasoning for no slots the week of 11th? Slots are gone by the time I check. Nov invite.


Review previous JS1s in preparation for JS2s on the 18th, would be my guess


Last year they had slots every week. May be doing things different this year?


What would be different? Just more time to deliberate?

Llamas

New
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:25 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Llamas » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:56 pm

To everyone who has not yet received an interview invite: do not worry. Even if you submitted at midnight the day the apps went open and went complete before anyone else and still haven't received a JS1, even if people with your stats and went complete later than you received JS1, do not worry. This process is so much more random than we think it is. Think about all of the small details that might impact the timing. There is certainly a review committee comprised of multiple people reviewing your apps, each of whom work at different paces.

If you look at the TLS threads for previous cycles, there are people who go complete in September with >75ths and don't get a JS1 until late december. Likewise, there are people who go complete in November and get a JS1 literally a week later.

There are thousands of applications, and over a thousand JS1. Seeing less than five people post on TLS about receiving a JS1 this wave is in no way representative of everyone that did and everyone that didn't. There are hundreds of solid candidates out there who are, like you, waiting to hear back, so you should take solace in this fact!

Just be cognizant that this forum is such a small, unrepresentative sample of the entire population, so comparing your timeline to others here will only feed into the craziness. Everyone here is an amazing candidate, so like a precious poster said, trust in the strength of your numbers. God bless America

tmcauliffe96

Bronze
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby tmcauliffe96 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:00 pm

Llamas wrote:To everyone who has not yet received an interview invite: do not worry. Even if you submitted at midnight the day the apps went open and went complete before anyone else and still haven't received a JS1, even if people with your stats and went complete later than you received JS1, do not worry. This process is so much more random than we think it is. Think about all of the small details that might impact the timing. There is certainly a review committee comprised of multiple people reviewing your apps, each of whom work at different paces.

If you look at the TLS threads for previous cycles, there are people who go complete in September with >75ths and don't get a JS1 until late december. Likewise, there are people who go complete in November and get a JS1 literally a week later.

There are thousands of applications, and over a thousand JS1. Seeing less than five people post on TLS about receiving a JS1 this wave is in no way representative of everyone that did and everyone that didn't. There are hundreds of solid candidates out there who are, like you, waiting to hear back, so you should take solace in this fact!

Just be cognizant that this forum is such a small, unrepresentative sample of the entire population, so comparing your timeline to others here will only feed into the craziness. Everyone here is an amazing candidate, so like a precious poster said, trust in the strength of your numbers. God bless America


Thank you for this!! You rule, Llamas!!

User avatar
maybeman

Bronze
Posts: 417
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:55 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby maybeman » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:02 pm

Llamas wrote:To everyone who has not yet received an interview invite: do not worry. Even if you submitted at midnight the day the apps went open and went complete before anyone else and still haven't received a JS1, even if people with your stats and went complete later than you received JS1, do not worry. This process is so much more random than we think it is. Think about all of the small details that might impact the timing. There is certainly a review committee comprised of multiple people reviewing your apps, each of whom work at different paces.

If you look at the TLS threads for previous cycles, there are people who go complete in September with >75ths and don't get a JS1 until late december. Likewise, there are people who go complete in November and get a JS1 literally a week later.

There are thousands of applications, and over a thousand JS1. Seeing less than five people post on TLS about receiving a JS1 this wave is in no way representative of everyone that did and everyone that didn't. There are hundreds of solid candidates out there who are, like you, waiting to hear back, so you should take solace in this fact!

Just be cognizant that this forum is such a small, unrepresentative sample of the entire population, so comparing your timeline to others here will only feed into the craziness. Everyone here is an amazing candidate, so like a precious poster said, trust in the strength of your numbers. God bless America

This was amazing +180

User avatar
Ron.Swanson

New
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:21 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Ron.Swanson » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:02 pm

On a slightly different note, did anyone on here get a JS1 with significantly higher GRE than LSAT? That's my sitch....

forumls

New
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:44 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby forumls » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:55 pm

.
Last edited by forumls on Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Piggy11

New
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:22 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Piggy11 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:18 pm

I don't know if it would make a difference that you had a long-ish gap between the invite and the interview (other than the fact that you can't be in the much anticipated mid-December JS2 wave if your interview is afterwards :D )
Either way, worrying about it can't change anything now, so just focus on rocking the interview whenever you can schedule it - that's going to be more important than the gap.

jimmycrackcorn

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby jimmycrackcorn » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:26 pm

.
Last edited by jimmycrackcorn on Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: llqs1234 and 19 guests