Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Your JS2 Predictions, Please:

I'll be thankful for them by Nov. 23
5
5%
My HLS advent calendar goes well with JS2s by Dec. 3
5
5%
My lords will a'leap when they're here by Dec. 14
34
31%
I'll have to air some grievances if it's not until Dec. 23
39
35%
Resolved: They'll be here by Jan. 1
27
25%
 
Total votes: 110

lumosfawkes
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby lumosfawkes » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:24 pm

mrsharveyspecter wrote:The older forums said that if you receive a JS1 in October-November, your chance of getting admitted is actually closer to 90%, as opposed to 75% (my god i wish!!!). Can anyone confirm or deny this?

And if we have an early jS1, does that mean we'll most likely get admitted in December?


+1, can anyone confirm?

User avatar
FriedChickenHero
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:33 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby FriedChickenHero » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:27 pm

mrsharveyspecter wrote:The older forums said that if you receive a JS1 in October-November, your chance of getting admitted is actually closer to 90%, as opposed to 75% (my god i wish!!!). Can anyone confirm or deny this?

And if we have an early jS1, does that mean we'll most likely get admitted in December?


A friend of mine at HLS told me an early interview was a really good sign. Dunno how much he knows though about the process.

Also, I remember looking at some of the old spreadsheets and the October/November JS1s had a ridiculously high acceptance rate. But this could be because people don't upload their status after they've been rejected or something like that.

Piggy11
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:22 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Piggy11 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:57 pm

EnglishApplicant2017 wrote:
Lagentblaugrana wrote:Checking in on the JS1 train, which was a true surprise as a no-GPA international


Same!


Congrats on your JS1s!
I'm a fellow no-GPA applicant, still patiently awaiting my application to go complete. Good to see internationals are starting to be represented in the JS1 pool.

Lagentblaugrana, are you from around Barcelona, or just a Barca fan? (some of my family are as well, even though they're from nowhere near Catalunia).

Lagentblaugrana
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:48 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Lagentblaugrana » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:19 pm

Piggy11 wrote:Lagentblaugrana, are you from around Barcelona, or just a Barca fan? (some of my family are as well, even though they're from nowhere near Catalunia).


Just a fan, I'm afraid!

legally_brunette95
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby legally_brunette95 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:55 pm

nixbaby wrote:
Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:Any splitters get interviews yet? At 75th for GPA but just over 25th for LSAT, and still kind of hoping I'll get an email one of these days? Maybe?


i got an interview in first JS1 wave and i am splitter lower than 25 gpa higher than 75 lsat


I am also a splitter (above 75th GPA but between 25th-50th LSAT) haven't gotten a JS1 yet and went complete 10/26. I have a feeling that splitters with high LSATs and lower GPAs are in a better position than a high GPA and lower LSAT? Any thoughts?

dallinpackard
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:27 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby dallinpackard » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:14 pm

legally_brunette95 wrote:
nixbaby wrote:
Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:Any splitters get interviews yet? At 75th for GPA but just over 25th for LSAT, and still kind of hoping I'll get an email one of these days? Maybe?


i got an interview in first JS1 wave and i am splitter lower than 25 gpa higher than 75 lsat


I am also a splitter (above 75th GPA but between 25th-50th LSAT) haven't gotten a JS1 yet and went complete 10/26. I have a feeling that splitters with high LSATs and lower GPAs are in a better position than a high GPA and lower LSAT? Any thoughts?


I wouldn't say you're a splitter, just saying.

legally_brunette95
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby legally_brunette95 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:57 pm

dallinpackard wrote:
legally_brunette95 wrote:
nixbaby wrote:
Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:Any splitters get interviews yet? At 75th for GPA but just over 25th for LSAT, and still kind of hoping I'll get an email one of these days? Maybe?


i got an interview in first JS1 wave and i am splitter lower than 25 gpa higher than 75 lsat


I am also a splitter (above 75th GPA but between 25th-50th LSAT) haven't gotten a JS1 yet and went complete 10/26. I have a feeling that splitters with high LSATs and lower GPAs are in a better position than a high GPA and lower LSAT? Any thoughts?


I wouldn't say you're a splitter, just saying.


You're right, the correct term is "reverse" splitter, but same concept

User avatar
#gobroncos
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby #gobroncos » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:13 am

Got the JS1 this morning!

black_mirror
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:01 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby black_mirror » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:15 am

legally_brunette95 wrote:
dallinpackard wrote:
legally_brunette95 wrote:
nixbaby wrote:
Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:Any splitters get interviews yet? At 75th for GPA but just over 25th for LSAT, and still kind of hoping I'll get an email one of these days? Maybe?


i got an interview in first JS1 wave and i am splitter lower than 25 gpa higher than 75 lsat


I am also a splitter (above 75th GPA but between 25th-50th LSAT) haven't gotten a JS1 yet and went complete 10/26. I have a feeling that splitters with high LSATs and lower GPAs are in a better position than a high GPA and lower LSAT? Any thoughts?


I wouldn't say you're a splitter, just saying.


You're right, the correct term is "reverse" splitter, but same concept


I think it's also the fact that a splitter (or a "reverse" one) has one of their stats lower than the 25th. At least that's the definition i've heard.

User avatar
Bush v. Gorgeous
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:37 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Bush v. Gorgeous » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:53 am

black_mirror wrote:
legally_brunette95 wrote:
dallinpackard wrote:
legally_brunette95 wrote:
nixbaby wrote:
Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:Any splitters get interviews yet? At 75th for GPA but just over 25th for LSAT, and still kind of hoping I'll get an email one of these days? Maybe?


i got an interview in first JS1 wave and i am splitter lower than 25 gpa higher than 75 lsat


I am also a splitter (above 75th GPA but between 25th-50th LSAT) haven't gotten a JS1 yet and went complete 10/26. I have a feeling that splitters with high LSATs and lower GPAs are in a better position than a high GPA and lower LSAT? Any thoughts?


I wouldn't say you're a splitter, just saying.


You're right, the correct term is "reverse" splitter, but same concept


I think it's also the fact that a splitter (or a "reverse" one) has one of their stats lower than the 25th. At least that's the definition i've heard.


Either way, I think legally_brunette may be right--of course maybe it's just the two of us--that it seems like the high GPA and lower LSAT people haven't gotten calls yet. If true, I'm surprised that a school that was leading the charge to add the GRE is so focused on the LSAT number.

okapiee
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:20 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby okapiee » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:54 am

Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:
black_mirror wrote:
legally_brunette95 wrote:
dallinpackard wrote:
legally_brunette95 wrote:
nixbaby wrote:
Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:Any splitters get interviews yet? At 75th for GPA but just over 25th for LSAT, and still kind of hoping I'll get an email one of these days? Maybe?


i got an interview in first JS1 wave and i am splitter lower than 25 gpa higher than 75 lsat


I am also a splitter (above 75th GPA but between 25th-50th LSAT) haven't gotten a JS1 yet and went complete 10/26. I have a feeling that splitters with high LSATs and lower GPAs are in a better position than a high GPA and lower LSAT? Any thoughts?


I wouldn't say you're a splitter, just saying.


You're right, the correct term is "reverse" splitter, but same concept


I think it's also the fact that a splitter (or a "reverse" one) has one of their stats lower than the 25th. At least that's the definition i've heard.


Either way, I think legally_brunette may be right--of course maybe it's just the two of us--that it seems like the high GPA and lower LSAT people haven't gotten calls yet. If true, I'm surprised that a school that was leading the charge to add the GRE is so focused on the LSAT number.


25 LSAT, 75+ GPA here, and got a JS1 two weeks ago! I don't think there's a particular preference for JS1s?

User avatar
tmcauliffe96
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby tmcauliffe96 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:21 pm

173/3.99, no JS1 yet *nervous sweating*

User avatar
mrsharveyspecter
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:34 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby mrsharveyspecter » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:27 pm

Im also 25% lsat and 75% GPA and I got a JS1. Also submitted Kinda late. From browsing through this thread it seems like a lot of people with my stats got JS1s. I graduated from HYP though if that makes any difference and I’m not a URM.

User avatar
Bush v. Gorgeous
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:37 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Bush v. Gorgeous » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:36 pm

mrsharveyspecter wrote:Im also 25% lsat and 75% GPA and I got a JS1. Also submitted Kinda late. From browsing through this thread it seems like a lot of people with my stats got JS1s. I graduated from HYP though if that makes any difference and I’m not a URM.


Ok, so probably it's just me then. Bahhhhhh. Thanks for the info though.

User avatar
Platopus
Posts: 1453
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Platopus » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:37 pm

tmcauliffe96 wrote:173/3.99, no JS1 yet *nervous sweating*


+1

User avatar
Bojack93
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:28 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Bojack93 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:55 pm

Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:
mrsharveyspecter wrote:Im also 25% lsat and 75% GPA and I got a JS1. Also submitted Kinda late. From browsing through this thread it seems like a lot of people with my stats got JS1s. I graduated from HYP though if that makes any difference and I’m not a URM.


Ok, so probably it's just me then. Bahhhhhh. Thanks for the info though.


It's certainly not just you, plenty of us are in the same boat. It's pretty clear from this thread that there is no perfect explanation for who has heard and who hasn't. It's very early. Everyone breathe!

legally_brunette95
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby legally_brunette95 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:59 pm

Bojack93 wrote:
Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:
mrsharveyspecter wrote:Im also 25% lsat and 75% GPA and I got a JS1. Also submitted Kinda late. From browsing through this thread it seems like a lot of people with my stats got JS1s. I graduated from HYP though if that makes any difference and I’m not a URM.


Ok, so probably it's just me then. Bahhhhhh. Thanks for the info though.


It's certainly not just you, plenty of us are in the same boat. It's pretty clear from this thread that there is no perfect explanation for who has heard and who hasn't. It's very early. Everyone breathe!


I agree I'm also in this boat and I think randomness plays a bigger role than we think..that's what I keep telling myself at least!

User avatar
maybeman
Posts: 360
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:55 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby maybeman » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:27 pm

Platopus wrote:
tmcauliffe96 wrote:173/3.99, no JS1 yet *nervous sweating*


+1

+2

User avatar
TheKingLives
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:37 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby TheKingLives » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:39 am

#gobroncos wrote:Got the JS1 this morning!

Congrats!! Rooting for you :D

TomLawSchool
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:26 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby TomLawSchool » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:13 pm

tmcauliffe96 wrote:173/3.99, no JS1 yet *nervous sweating*

When did you complete?

User avatar
tmcauliffe96
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby tmcauliffe96 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:57 pm

TomLawSchool wrote:
tmcauliffe96 wrote:173/3.99, no JS1 yet *nervous sweating*

When did you complete?


11/1

User avatar
#gobroncos
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby #gobroncos » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:53 pm

TheKingLives wrote:
#gobroncos wrote:Got the JS1 this morning!

Congrats!! Rooting for you :D


‘ppreciate you. Rooting for you too. :)

MonicaYoung_LOL
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby MonicaYoung_LOL » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:18 am

tmcauliffe96 wrote:
TomLawSchool wrote:
tmcauliffe96 wrote:173/3.99, no JS1 yet *nervous sweating*

When did you complete?


11/1


Definitely shouldn't be sweating, then. I applied 10/16-ish and didn't get JS1 till 11/14. It can take time.

User avatar
appind
Posts: 2205
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby appind » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:47 am

magicpencils wrote:
lobsicle wrote:
magicpencils wrote:Weird question, but does anyone know if HLS would call your employer to verify work history? I have my JS1 scheduled for Monday, and yesterday my workplace got a call from a Harvard admissions office asking about employment verification. I haven't told my bosses that I'm applying yet. My coworker who knows I'm applying let me know about the call and transferred it to HR, although we obviously don't know who it was about specifically. Did HLS just out me to my employer? Anyone heard of them conducting verification calls pre-interview, or at all?


Did the caller say that the call was specifically for you or did they just say it was about employment verification in general?


The caller didn't give the name to my coworker who answered the phone, just said employment verification, so it really could be about anyone. It's just the weird coincidence of the timing that's freaking me out. And I never provided my employer's phone number or contact details, but it's very accessible online with just the name and city.


most likely the employment verification wasn't for the school but perhaps for some other entity. there is no reason to think otherwise unless you know for sure the call was on behalf of the school.

jkander31
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:49 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby jkander31 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:51 pm

According to previous data and available information, when do you guys think the first wave of acceptances will be for C/O 2021 applicants?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”