Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Your JS2 Predictions, Please:

I'll be thankful for them by Nov. 23
5
5%
My HLS advent calendar goes well with JS2s by Dec. 3
5
5%
My lords will a'leap when they're here by Dec. 14
34
31%
I'll have to air some grievances if it's not until Dec. 23
38
35%
Resolved: They'll be here by Jan. 1
27
25%
 
Total votes: 109

User avatar
mrsharveyspecter
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:34 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby mrsharveyspecter » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:30 pm

Wow wtf. I haven't told anyone at my firm that I'm applying (it's looked down upon to leave without putting in at least a few years of work). I would be pretty angry if HLS outed me like that.

Also, can someone answer the poster above who asked about JS1 questions? I have mine coming up and would love guidance!

User avatar
ivankasta
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:22 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby ivankasta » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:42 pm

Just went complete today (Nov 17) after submitting on Nov 13.

What is the shortest wait that anyone has had between complete and JS1? Just curious as to how long I can postpone this anxiety.

black_mirror
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:01 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby black_mirror » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:49 pm

ivankasta wrote:Just went complete today (Nov 17) after submitting on Nov 13.

What is the shortest wait that anyone has had between complete and JS1? Just curious as to how long I can postpone this anxiety.


It varies a lot, can be within 7 days :). Check out this link in the OP:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

shortstop123
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:52 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby shortstop123 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:33 pm

Checking in. HLS has always been my dream school :)

User avatar
feralflamingo
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:55 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby feralflamingo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:31 pm

mrsharveyspecter wrote:Wow wtf. I haven't told anyone at my firm that I'm applying (it's looked down upon to leave without putting in at least a few years of work). I would be pretty angry if HLS outed me like that.

Also, can someone answer the poster above who asked about JS1 questions? I have mine coming up and would love guidance!


Seconding this. You would assume that if they were going to conduct background checks that they'd have the courtesy to contact prior, not current employers - I wouldn't want a prospective employer of mine to contact a current one.

Benzmeister
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:33 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Benzmeister » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:55 am

Deferee here checking in, I remember the cycle all too well.
Wishing y'all goodluck.
Pozzo is DA Best.

zachbp13
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:12 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby zachbp13 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:37 am

Just received my JS1!

ticket
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:47 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby ticket » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:45 am

JS1 invite received. Submitted 11/1, complete 11/8

User avatar
gayfish
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby gayfish » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:53 am

Checking in with that sweet sweet JS1! LSAT > 75, GPA < 25. Non-URM, but other diverse factors. Complete since 10/23. Honestly shocked I got one this early -- I've been expecting lots of late winter / spring responses since I'm splitting the 25 and 75 at a lot of schools, so I'm seriously pumped right now!

rideagain
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:07 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby rideagain » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:05 pm

Congrats all JS1's! I recently completed my interview so now I'm gonna chew my fingernails to shreds waiting for the first JS2 wave.

Piggy11
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:22 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Piggy11 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:08 pm

Congrats to all the fresh JS1s. Looks like a new wave every Monday.
Last edited by Piggy11 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

staggeringelephant
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 2:37 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby staggeringelephant » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:10 pm

JS1!!! LSAT > 75, GPA > 50 Went complete about three weeks ago!

AaronCarter
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby AaronCarter » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:18 pm

rideagain wrote:Congrats all JS1's! I recently completed my interview so now I'm gonna chew my fingernails to shreds waiting for the first JS2 wave.



Give us deetz about how it went!

nixbaby
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:54 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby nixbaby » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Does it matter when you get your JS1? Or is there any reason behind when?

rideagain
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:07 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby rideagain » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:54 pm

AaronCarter wrote:
rideagain wrote:Congrats all JS1's! I recently completed my interview so now I'm gonna chew my fingernails to shreds waiting for the first JS2 wave.



Give us deetz about how it went!

Was good- short, about 15 minutes. The adcomm was very nice. I don't think I clicked with them as well as I wanted to but by no means was it bad. They asked a few interesting questions I'd never seen people mention before so that was different. Overall I came away feeling like it didn't change much for my application but I didn't hurt myself.

Lagentblaugrana
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:48 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Lagentblaugrana » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:14 pm

Checking in on the JS1 train, which was a true surprise as a no-GPA international

Llewellyon
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:21 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Llewellyon » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:25 pm

Checking in, submitted 11/6, complete 11/20. Good luck everyone!

EnglishApplicant2017
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:41 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby EnglishApplicant2017 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:31 pm

Lagentblaugrana wrote:Checking in on the JS1 train, which was a true surprise as a no-GPA international


Same!

pghpens
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:57 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby pghpens » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:10 pm

Had my JS1 recently. I thought it went decently well, as others have said it was really short so we didn't spend too much time on any particular question but I enjoyed the questions I was asked. I'm sure there were answers I could've phrased differently/expanded on a little more, but I come away from basically every interview feeling that way. Interviewer was very nice! I feel like it probably won't change their decision about me one way or another, but I guess we'll see. Interviewer told me to be patient and didn't give me a timeline for when decisions will start coming out. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

rideagain
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:07 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby rideagain » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:17 pm


User avatar
tmcauliffe96
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby tmcauliffe96 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:26 pm

At the median for the LSAT but over the 75th for the GPA and anxiously waiting for my turn at the js1

User avatar
mrsharveyspecter
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:34 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby mrsharveyspecter » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:30 pm

The older forums said that if you receive a JS1 in October-November, your chance of getting admitted is actually closer to 90%, as opposed to 75% (my god i wish!!!). Can anyone confirm or deny this?

And if we have an early jS1, does that mean we'll most likely get admitted in December?

User avatar
Bush v. Gorgeous
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:37 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Bush v. Gorgeous » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:40 pm

Any splitters get interviews yet? At 75th for GPA but just over 25th for LSAT, and still kind of hoping I'll get an email one of these days? Maybe?

nixbaby
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:54 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby nixbaby » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:46 pm

Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:Any splitters get interviews yet? At 75th for GPA but just over 25th for LSAT, and still kind of hoping I'll get an email one of these days? Maybe?


i got an interview in first JS1 wave and i am splitter lower than 25 gpa higher than 75 lsat

ticket
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:47 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby ticket » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:19 pm

rideagain wrote:
AaronCarter wrote:
rideagain wrote:Congrats all JS1's! I recently completed my interview so now I'm gonna chew my fingernails to shreds waiting for the first JS2 wave.



Give us deetz about how it went!

Was good- short, about 15 minutes. The adcomm was very nice. I don't think I clicked with them as well as I wanted to but by no means was it bad. They asked a few interesting questions I'd never seen people mention before so that was different. Overall I came away feeling like it didn't change much for my application but I didn't hurt myself.


what were the interesting questions?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: anacabana, ashrice13, caffeinatedvirgo, CuplatBeijing, Everythingimnot, Google Adsense [Bot], JamesBlahDeBlah, Menchie, monsterc_, natalieb, seraph9, Slawthschool, usaorbust, WJC3PO and 38 guests