Duke c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/18)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

When are you applying?

September/I've already applied
35
19%
October
84
46%
November
45
24%
December
13
7%
2018
7
4%
 
Total votes: 184

User avatar
principalagent
Posts: 507
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: Duke c/c 2021 Applicants (2017/18)

Postby principalagent » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:43 pm

In via PT!

rachelac
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:45 am

Re: Duke c/c 2021 Applicants (2017/18)

Postby rachelac » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:52 pm

principalagent wrote:In via PT!


Congrats!!

User avatar
NavyNuke
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Re: Duke c/c 2021 Applicants (2017/18)

Postby NavyNuke » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:03 pm

principalagent wrote:In via PT!

Nice!! Great way to start the weekend. Congrats!

emilyLl
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:13 am

Re: Duke c/c 2021 Applicants (2017/18)

Postby emilyLl » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:05 pm

principalagent wrote:In via PT!


Congrats!

User avatar
soca_dancer
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:13 am

Re: Duke c/c 2021 Applicants (2017/18)

Postby soca_dancer » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:24 pm

Congrats!!

User avatar
Ntp73821
Posts: 452
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: Duke c/c 2021 Applicants (2017/18)

Postby Ntp73821 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:26 pm

principalagent wrote:In via PT!


YAAAAS! :D
Congrats.

User avatar
AlPastor
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Duke c/c 2021 Applicants (2017/18)

Postby AlPastor » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:34 pm

Congrats!

Currently under review here (PT). I didn't tailor the personal statement but wrote a Why Duke so we'll see how it goes...

User avatar
virginia_direwoolf
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:41 am

Re: Duke c/c 2021 Applicants (2017/18)

Postby virginia_direwoolf » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:00 pm

principalagent wrote:In via PT!


CONGRATS!!

Only on day 3, so you're givin' me hope here :)

User avatar
zkyggi
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:14 am

Re: Duke c/c 2021 Applicants (2017/18)

Postby zkyggi » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:40 am

PT seems to be having a good success rate. Submitting via PT after my second LOR comes in next week.

User avatar
principalagent
Posts: 507
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: Duke c/c 2021 Applicants (2017/18)

Postby principalagent » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:43 am

Thanks everyone! I thought they were going to hold my app due to super-splitter status, but I guess they were ready. So excited and so relieved to have a school I would be very happy to go to already in my cap.

User avatar
twiix
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:41 pm

Re: Duke c/c 2021 Applicants (2017/18)

Postby twiix » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:00 pm

principalagent wrote:Thanks everyone! I thought they were going to hold my app due to super-splitter status, but I guess they were ready. So excited and so relieved to have a school I would be very happy to go to already in my cap.

how super is "super-splitter" in your case? feel free to pm if you don't want to post, but im also in this category and fear for my duke denial when i eventually apply.

User avatar
SopranoSaxophone
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:40 am

Re: Duke c/c 2021 Applicants (2017/18)

Postby SopranoSaxophone » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:50 am

New to the board. Joined to say that I submitted Duke PT this weekend and I am above 75% on both LSAT and GPA, so fingers crossed!

bas1
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:53 pm

Re: Duke c/c 2021 Applicants (2017/18)

Postby bas1 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:20 pm

How long did it take after submitting to get an email from them with the username and password for the portal? Submitted this morning. Thanks

rachelac
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:45 am

Re: Duke c/c 2021 Applicants (2017/18)

Postby rachelac » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:25 pm

bas1 wrote:How long did it take after submitting to get an email from them with the username and password for the portal? Submitted this morning. Thanks


Like a day

User avatar
Ron.Swanson
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:21 pm

Re: Duke c/c 2021 Applicants (2017/18)

Postby Ron.Swanson » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:35 pm

Hi, y'all, checking in. Getting my first LSAT soon, so hopefully I'll board the PT bus as well. :)

User avatar
OakBrook2021
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:30 pm

Re: Duke c/c 2021 Applicants (2017/18)

Postby OakBrook2021 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:56 pm

just hit UR2. Now to incessantly check my email for the next 2 days ...

User avatar
virginia_direwoolf
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:41 am

Re: Duke c/c 2021 Applicants (2017/18)

Postby virginia_direwoolf » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:07 pm

OakBrook2021 wrote:just hit UR2. Now to incessantly check my email for the next 2 days ...


Same. Went UR2 yesterday and I am losing my mind :|

User avatar
principalagent
Posts: 507
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: Duke c/c 2021 Applicants (2017/18)

Postby principalagent » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:23 pm

virginia_direwoolf wrote:
OakBrook2021 wrote:just hit UR2. Now to incessantly check my email for the next 2 days ...


Same. Went UR2 yesterday and I am losing my mind :|


Y’all will be fine! Also you might get a day 9 surprise like I did. I thought my email inbox was safe and then I got a Welcome email right as I checked something else :)

bas1
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:53 pm

Re: Duke c/c 2021 Applicants (2017/18)

Postby bas1 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:16 pm

principalagent wrote:
virginia_direwoolf wrote:
OakBrook2021 wrote:just hit UR2. Now to incessantly check my email for the next 2 days ...


Same. Went UR2 yesterday and I am losing my mind :|


Y’all will be fine! Also you might get a day 9 surprise like I did. I thought my email inbox was safe and then I got a Welcome email right as I checked something else :)


What does the acceptance email look like? What does the waitlist/deny email look like?

User avatar
Ron.Swanson
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:21 pm

Re: Duke c/c 2021 Applicants (2017/18)

Postby Ron.Swanson » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:42 pm

What kind of GPA cutoff exists for PT? Possible future splitter, and my school has grade deflation, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

rachelac
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:45 am

Re: Duke c/c 2021 Applicants (2017/18)

Postby rachelac » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:50 pm

bas1 wrote:
principalagent wrote:
virginia_direwoolf wrote:
OakBrook2021 wrote:just hit UR2. Now to incessantly check my email for the next 2 days ...


Same. Went UR2 yesterday and I am losing my mind :|


Y’all will be fine! Also you might get a day 9 surprise like I did. I thought my email inbox was safe and then I got a Welcome email right as I checked something else :)


What does the acceptance email look like? What does the waitlist/deny email look like?


Acceptance subject is literally "Welcome to Duke Law," which is nice.

User avatar
AlPastor
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Duke c/c 2021 Applicants (2017/18)

Postby AlPastor » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:59 pm

In!!

User avatar
NavyNuke
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Re: Duke c/c 2021 Applicants (2017/18)

Postby NavyNuke » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:07 pm

AlPastor wrote:In!!

Congrats!! Got the email this late?

User avatar
AlPastor
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Duke c/c 2021 Applicants (2017/18)

Postby AlPastor » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:09 pm

NavyNuke wrote:
AlPastor wrote:In!!

Congrats!! Got the email this late?


Got it around 6:00 PM EST. I just got home and remembered to post!

It was my 9th day under PT (2nd day after going UR2)

User avatar
NavyNuke
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Re: Duke c/c 2021 Applicants (2017/18)

Postby NavyNuke » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:14 pm

AlPastor wrote:
NavyNuke wrote:
AlPastor wrote:In!!

Congrats!! Got the email this late?


Got it around 6:00 PM EST. I just got home and remembered to post!

It was my 9th day under PT (2nd day after going UR2)


That's awesome! Enjoy celebrating. Feels amazing to have such a great school in the bag this early in the cycle doesn't it?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Furrcats, Google Adsense [Bot], joooookchang, rowdy, theharleyquinn, throwaway1919 and 11 guests