International Applicants 2017-2018 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Did you already apply? (If so, fill in the spreadsheet in the first post!)

YES!
71%
No (waiting for evaluations/LORs/...)
16%
No (waiting for December LSAT)
13%

Total votes: 56

sillymints7962

New

Re: International Applicants 2017-2018

Post by sillymints7962 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:06 pm

173/S and I'm starting to feel real down as I'm not hearing back much.

InterLaw

Bronze

Post by InterLaw » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:52 am

sillymints7962 wrote:173/S and I'm starting to feel real down as I'm not hearing back much.
I wouldn't worry too much, you will hear back with those numbers! This week and the next one could show some general movement according to many...

Where did u apply?

sillymints7962

New

Post by sillymints7962 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:52 am

InterLaw wrote:
sillymints7962 wrote:173/S and I'm starting to feel real down as I'm not hearing back much.
I wouldn't worry too much, you will hear back with those numbers! This week and the next one could show some general movement according to many...

Where did u apply?
Blanketed T14 haha. And thanks man :)

EnglishApplicant2017

New

Post by EnglishApplicant2017 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:36 pm

First admit of the cycle at Wash U! :D

InterLaw

Bronze

Post by InterLaw » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:04 pm

EnglishApplicant2017 wrote:First admit of the cycle at Wash U! :D
That feels good right? Congrats!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

saskia321

New

Post by saskia321 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:40 am

Hi everyone! Been lurking on this thread for a while now..it's been super helpful! :D
I haven't submitted my applications yet, retaking in December, but I had a question that I thought someone here would be able to help with. It's a bit of a silly one, I'm sure I'm just not doing this right, but is there a way to remove the SSN/SIN from the applications? I don't have either so LSAC issued me one, as I'm sure it did for others..Problem is, I can remove the number from some of the applications and not from others. Just wanted to make sure there wouldn't be a problem down the line?

magic

New

Post by magic » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:55 am

saskia321 wrote:Hi everyone! Been lurking on this thread for a while now..it's been super helpful! :D
I haven't submitted my applications yet, retaking in December, but I had a question that I thought someone here would be able to help with. It's a bit of a silly one, I'm sure I'm just not doing this right, but is there a way to remove the SSN/SIN from the applications? I don't have either so LSAC issued me one, as I'm sure it did for others..Problem is, I can remove the number from some of the applications and not from others. Just wanted to make sure there wouldn't be a problem down the line?
Interesting! LSAC issued me one as well for the LSAT but it hasn’t popped up in any of my apps. Maybe you can just send a quick e-mail to the school when you submit to let them know that the # is LSAC generated? :) At any rate, I think they’ll be able to tell since the LSAC one usually starts with 999.

saskia321

New

Post by saskia321 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:04 pm

magic wrote:
saskia321 wrote:Hi everyone! Been lurking on this thread for a while now..it's been super helpful! :D
Interesting! LSAC issued me one as well for the LSAT but it hasn’t popped up in any of my apps. Maybe you can just send a quick e-mail to the school when you submit to let them know that the # is LSAC generated? :) At any rate, I think they’ll be able to tell since the LSAC one usually starts with 999.
It refuses to come off my Columbia application, but I can take it off Georgetown's? so weird..Oh well, I might just attach a short addendum/drop them an email...

appind

Gold

Post by appind » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:24 pm

checking in

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

InterLaw

Bronze

Post by InterLaw » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:57 pm

I just edited the OP changing the link to the data summary which wasn't working.

Here is the new one: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

How is the cycle going so far?

Lagentblaugrana

New

Post by Lagentblaugrana » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:02 pm

InterLaw wrote:I just edited the OP changing the link to the data summary which wasn't working.

Hey InterLaw, a quick question about the data. Do the columns "MyLSN Acceptance", "Early", "Mid" and "170+" refer to all non-resident aliens or only to unreported GPAs?

InterLaw

Bronze

Post by InterLaw » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:28 am

Lagentblaugrana wrote:
InterLaw wrote:I just edited the OP changing the link to the data summary which wasn't working.

Hey InterLaw, a quick question about the data. Do the columns "MyLSN Acceptance", "Early", "Mid" and "170+" refer to all non-resident aliens or only to unreported GPAs?
They are taken from who defines himself "International" on LSN. It means that there are both "full" internationals but also internationals with US GPA...

augustyyy

New

Post by augustyyy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:01 pm

do you guys who live outside of the US got paranoid like me that since some schools give out decisions only by letters and the letter may get lost in the long long travel??? :oops: :oops: :oops: cant stop thinking if im dinged or just the slow mail :oops: :oops:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

InterLaw

Bronze

Post by InterLaw » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:40 pm

augustyyy wrote:do you guys who live outside of the US got paranoid like me that since some schools give out decisions only by letters and the letter may get lost in the long long travel??? :oops: :oops: :oops: cant stop thinking if im dinged or just the slow mail :oops: :oops:
I got two letters so far with just 3/4 days of delay compared to when the others un the US received them... I live in EU tho

augustyyy

New

Post by augustyyy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:36 pm

InterLaw wrote:
augustyyy wrote:do you guys who live outside of the US got paranoid like me that since some schools give out decisions only by letters and the letter may get lost in the long long travel??? :oops: :oops: :oops: cant stop thinking if im dinged or just the slow mail :oops: :oops:
I got two letters so far with just 3/4 days of delay compared to when the others un the US received them... I live in EU tho
Congrats on those letters! It's 2017 why only letters just why??? :roll: :roll:

ghklawschool

New

Post by ghklawschool » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:15 am

Quick question.... are you guys writing the diversity statement? I originally planned to write one, but just couldn't get started. I'm now considering just dropping it. If you did, what was it on? like, what did you talk about?

InterLaw

Bronze

Post by InterLaw » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:24 am

ghklawschool wrote:Quick question.... are you guys writing the diversity statement? I originally planned to write one, but just couldn't get started. I'm now considering just dropping it. If you did, what was it on? like, what did you talk about?
I did write it, but it wasn't about being international, since I'm European (not diverse enough to justify one).

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

magic

New

Post by magic » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:18 pm

I feel you, OP. The postal system in my country is particularly dismal and I'm constantly worried about something getting lost in the mail!

phqd_roar

New

Post by phqd_roar » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:25 pm

Checking in! 172/S from Asia.
Applied: Stanford, Harvard, Columbia, NYU, Penn, Cornell, UCLA, and GULC. All sent out between 11.14-11.30. Now I wait :S

I got unsolicited fee waivers from Penn, Cornell, WUSTL, and Vandy! Also managed to hustle fee waivers out of every other school I applied to except Columbia. Had to fill in a bunch of forms for the ones that only give out need-based waivers but saved me $500 so time well spent!
do you guys who live outside of the US got paranoid like me that since some schools give out decisions only by letters and the letter may get lost in the long long travel??? :oops: :oops: :oops: cant stop thinking if im dinged or just the slow mail :oops: :oops:
Try not to worry!! I applied late last cycle with a 167 and got offers from GW and UCIrvine and they both got to my tiny Asian country just fine...only very slowly...Acceptance packages are beautiful

daiff

New

Post by daiff » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:32 am

I wouldn't worry either. My UG acceptance mails, my last cycle mails, and even ads from random schools all found their way to my address that is almost impossible to decode after translated to English. And I'm in a country that has inefficient mail system and postman usually doesn't read English.

oldneller123

New

Post by oldneller123 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:53 pm

Anyone have any insights on how schools approach interviews with international students? Like since time difference can make scheduling skype interviews a little hard, are international students normally not interviewed?

--- Sorry been under review at most of my schools for what seems like forever, and trying to think of some positive/non panic-attack inducing things on why I haven't heard back yet :) :) Anyone have any advice on how to deal with the wait anxiety?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

black_mirror

Bronze

Post by black_mirror » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:14 pm

Does anyone know if they consider international students for Hamilton and Rubenstein Scholarships discussed in this thread:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... p?t=144338

SusanSays

New

Post by SusanSays » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:45 pm

oldneller123 wrote:Anyone have any insights on how schools approach interviews with international students? Like since time difference can make scheduling skype interviews a little hard, are international students normally not interviewed?

--- Sorry been under review at most of my schools for what seems like forever, and trying to think of some positive/non panic-attack inducing things on why I haven't heard back yet :) :) Anyone have any advice on how to deal with the wait anxiety?
They do interview international applicants despite the time difference. I had a skype interview at midnight.

VanillaSalt

New

Post by VanillaSalt » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:35 am

Just wondering, are there any applicants from Singapore here?

InterLaw

Bronze

Post by InterLaw » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:30 pm

Did anyone get a JS1 from Harvard so far?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”