Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

First Decisions?

1/17
42
36%
1/18
29
25%
1/19
15
13%
1/22
9
8%
1/23
6
5%
1/24
2
2%
1/25
13
11%
 
Total votes: 116

rideagain

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:07 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby rideagain » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:24 am

Yeah I'd put money on a wave today. Probably not until the evening though.

Aquamarine

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:19 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby Aquamarine » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:27 am

principalagent wrote:
Aquamarine wrote:It's been two weeks since I submitted the application, but it's still pending. How long does it usually take to complete?


Took me a month.



Wow. It's a torture to wait, wait and wait.

subpoenacolada

Bronze
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:25 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby subpoenacolada » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:48 am

You’d really think as a reverse splitter I would stop hoping to be in first waves, but god damn if that interview didn’t make me irrationally hopeful.

lawschoolthrowaway

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:34 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby lawschoolthrowaway » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:52 am

.
Last edited by lawschoolthrowaway on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

38981928

Bronze
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:53 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby 38981928 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:55 am

rideagain wrote:Yeah I'd put money on a wave today. Probably not until the evening though.


Around what time are we thinking?

tmcauliffe96

Bronze
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby tmcauliffe96 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:03 pm

38981928 wrote:
rideagain wrote:Yeah I'd put money on a wave today. Probably not until the evening though.


Around what time are we thinking?


I believe the first wave started around 2 PM Eastern, the last two years.

38981928

Bronze
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:53 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby 38981928 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:04 pm

tmcauliffe96 wrote:
38981928 wrote:
rideagain wrote:Yeah I'd put money on a wave today. Probably not until the evening though.


Around what time are we thinking?


I believe the first wave started around 2 PM Eastern, the last two years.


......there goes my workday!

User avatar
principalagent

Silver
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby principalagent » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:22 pm

I’m on a client visit for the rest of the week for work, which makes this wait period for Columbia and Chicago even more stressful :(

User avatar
Bush v. Gorgeous

Bronze
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:37 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby Bush v. Gorgeous » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:38 pm

Is Columbia like Chicago where all early applicants will likely find out, for better or worse, in this wave? Or do they hang on to the waitlists and dings?

I am spending my day in the ophthalmologist’s (thank you autocorrect) getting treated for pink eye. The cruel hand of fate dictates that a nice ding email from Columbia would be an excellent way to top things off.

subpoenacolada

Bronze
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:25 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby subpoenacolada » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:39 pm

38981928 wrote:
tmcauliffe96 wrote:
38981928 wrote:
rideagain wrote:Yeah I'd put money on a wave today. Probably not until the evening though.


Around what time are we thinking?


I believe the first wave started around 2 PM Eastern, the last two years.


......there goes my workday!


Last year, the first day started around 6 PM Eastern, with the next few days starting earlier in the afternoon. But hopefully it starts earlier this year!!

subpoenacolada

Bronze
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:25 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby subpoenacolada » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:40 pm

Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:Is Columbia like Chicago where all early applicants will likely find out, for better or worse, in this wave? Or do they hang on to the waitlists and dings?

I am spending my day in the ophthalmologist’s (thank you autocorrect) getting treated for pink eye. The cruel hand of fate dictates that a nice ding email from Columbia would be an excellent way to top things off.


I think there were not any WL/dings until early Feb, early waves were all acceptances. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Aquamarine

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:19 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby Aquamarine » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:41 pm

My school sent something to Columbia last Monday, but Columbia said they haven't received it yet because their mail room takes care of every mail. I'm really nervous.
How long does it usually take a school usually receive a hardcopy from another school?
Do I have to tell my school to send it again?

EnglishApplicant2017

New
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:41 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby EnglishApplicant2017 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:47 pm

subpoenacolada wrote:I think there were not any WL/dings until early Feb, early waves were all acceptances. Someone correct me if I'm wrong


That's absolutely right. http://mylsn.info/d/columbia/1617-NoED/

User avatar
Bush v. Gorgeous

Bronze
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:37 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby Bush v. Gorgeous » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:52 pm

EnglishApplicant2017 wrote:
subpoenacolada wrote:I think there were not any WL/dings until early Feb, early waves were all acceptances. Someone correct me if I'm wrong


That's absolutely right. http://mylsn.info/d/columbia/1617-NoED/


Thanks both! That graph is pretty clear - good news today/tomorrow/Friday or bust. Good luck everyone!

EnglishApplicant2017

New
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:41 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby EnglishApplicant2017 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:58 pm

Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:
EnglishApplicant2017 wrote:
subpoenacolada wrote:I think there were not any WL/dings until early Feb, early waves were all acceptances. Someone correct me if I'm wrong


That's absolutely right. http://mylsn.info/d/columbia/1617-NoED/


Thanks both! That graph is pretty clear - good news today/tomorrow/Friday or bust. Good luck everyone!


Yes, for those who applied relatively early. There were though 9 pre-Nov 15 applicants who heard back in later waves. EDIT: excluding those who heard back in the end of Jan wave which would be one-two weeks from now. Just about enough to cling on to, I suppose.

bobloblaw21

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:36 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby bobloblaw21 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:32 pm

purpleplatypus wrote:
ArthurTimothyRead wrote:
bobloblaw21 wrote:Panicking so hard about this one. Columbia is my top choice and my interview was definitely not spectacular.... Gonna be obsessively checking emails all week. Ugh this is torture you guyssss


What makes you think your interview wasn't great? It's a pretty casual interview, so I'm sure you did fine! They're certainly not expecting poetic, Pulitzer-nominee answers out of the blue! :)


I felt like my interview wasn't spectacular either... My time-slot was at the end of the day and they ended up calling me 15 minutes late, so I had 15 minutes of sitting there staring at my computer screen letting nerves build up before the interview began. I felt like they asked tougher questions than the other schools did -- especially in the way that my interviewer phrased the "why law" question. It was more like I was being asked to defend my decision to a skeptical interviewer, rather than being invited to share more information. It put me on edge a bit. Overall I don't think the interview went horribly, but I also didn't walk away from it feeling like it went super well. I'm definitely nervous about getting this decision back.


Yeah, I'm probably overthinking it a bit...I know it's casual and they aren't expecting Oprah at the Golden Globes lol. I just feel like I put my foot in my mouth a couple of times. I didn't hate it, but I have a couple of notable weaknesses as an applicant and I don't feel like I addressed those points very well. But who knows! We'll see!

tinycatfriend

Bronze
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:06 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby tinycatfriend » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:49 pm

I'll be in a meeting from 2-3 and idk how i feel about that but it is what is happening

ella12

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:50 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby ella12 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:04 pm

How does Columbia notify people? Is it a call, or email?
Probably won't be in today's wave because I applied 11/7-- 25 < LSAT < 50 // 75 < GPA

but holding out hope for good news sometime in the next two weeks!!!

MonicaYoung_LOL

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby MonicaYoung_LOL » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:05 pm

ella12 wrote:How does Columbia notify people? Is it a call, or email?
Probably won't be in today's wave because I applied 11/7-- 25 < LSAT < 50 // 75 < GPA

but holding out hope for good news sometime in the next two weeks!!!


It's email!

tinycatfriend

Bronze
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:06 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby tinycatfriend » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:01 pm

NYU admissions emailing me today was 100% not cute. No news?

wiseman96

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:05 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby wiseman96 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:02 pm

So are we tending towards the 6PM mark now or is there some hope left for an email this afternoon?

User avatar
usaorbust

Bronze
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:13 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby usaorbust » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:03 pm

These thread bumps are to much for my body

User avatar
Bush v. Gorgeous

Bronze
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:37 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby Bush v. Gorgeous » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:38 pm

usaorbust wrote:These thread bumps are to much for my body


Right? WAVES OF NAUSEA.

Aquamarine

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:19 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby Aquamarine » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:43 pm

My application is finally complete! Do they have any update like UR1/UR2 too like other schools?

tinycatfriend

Bronze
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:06 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby tinycatfriend » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:43 pm

Aquamarine wrote:My application is finally complete! Do they have any update like UR1/UR2 too like other schools?


No.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest