Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

First Decisions?

1/17
42
36%
1/18
29
25%
1/19
15
13%
1/22
9
8%
1/23
6
5%
1/24
2
2%
1/25
13
11%
 
Total votes: 116

AaronCarter

Bronze
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby AaronCarter » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:21 pm

principalagent wrote:Thanks for the birthday gift Columbia!!

I’m in!



Congrats!!! And happy birthday!!

YOU BETTA GET IT!

User avatar
feralflamingo

Bronze
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:55 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby feralflamingo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:27 pm

maybeman wrote:
feralflamingo wrote:In!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!! Yes!!

it's my main man maybe man!
Last edited by feralflamingo on Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawschoolapps7777777

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:32 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby lawschoolapps7777777 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:29 pm

missmiabuttface wrote:
lawschoolapps7777777 wrote:IN!!! Oh my gosh the wait. Submitted 11/14, completed 11/30, no interview. Good luck to everyone!!!


Congrats!! What time did you receive the email?


1:39pm PT :)

User avatar
dm1683

Silver
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby dm1683 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:43 pm

In! Email sent 2:48 CT.

4/173/K-JD, complete 10/23, interviewed mid December.

Edit: of course this means I didn't get the butler I was hoping for and thus will almost certainly not be able to afford to attend, but beggars can't be choosers. :wink:

User avatar
usaorbust

Bronze
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:13 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby usaorbust » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:54 pm

dm1683 wrote:In! Email sent 2:48 CT.

4/173/K-JD, complete 10/23, interviewed mid December.

Edit: of course this means I didn't get the butler I was hoping for and thus will almost certainly not be able to afford to attend, but beggars can't be choosers. :wink:

Yay very happy for you :) you got this!

38981928

Bronze
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:53 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby 38981928 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:56 pm

dm1683 wrote:In! Email sent 2:48 CT.

4/173/K-JD, complete 10/23, interviewed mid December.

Edit: of course this means I didn't get the butler I was hoping for and thus will almost certainly not be able to afford to attend, but beggars can't be choosers. :wink:


Congrats! I saw from a few of your posts that you've been a little nervous these past few days, but I'm sure you'll be hearing back (with good $) from a lot of great schools!

2021hopeful

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:56 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby 2021hopeful » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:58 pm

What's the deal with Butlers? Has anyone gotten one?

User avatar
dm1683

Silver
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby dm1683 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:59 pm

usaorbust wrote:
dm1683 wrote:In! Email sent 2:48 CT.

4/173/K-JD, complete 10/23, interviewed mid December.

Edit: of course this means I didn't get the butler I was hoping for and thus will almost certainly not be able to afford to attend, but beggars can't be choosers. :wink:

Yay very happy for you :) you got this!

38981928 wrote:
Congrats! I saw from a few of your posts that you've been a little nervous these past few days, but I'm sure you'll be hearing back (with good $) from a lot of great schools!
Thanks you guys! ! It's a giant relief...I know, I was all panicked about some flaw in my application after the chi waitlist. I'm super flaky about this stuff and I need to work on that.

Jt41

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:32 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby Jt41 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:00 pm

In via email about an hour ago! Over both 75ths but no interview

rideagain

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:07 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby rideagain » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:00 pm

2021hopeful wrote:What's the deal with Butlers? Has anyone gotten one?

Zero reported Butlers. Very few Hamiltons.

User avatar
jjdude14

Bronze
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:24 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby jjdude14 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:02 pm

principalagent wrote:Thanks for the birthday gift Columbia!!

I’m in!


yas boo

2021hopeful

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:56 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby 2021hopeful » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:03 pm

rideagain wrote:
2021hopeful wrote:What's the deal with Butlers? Has anyone gotten one?

Zero reported Butlers. Very few Hamiltons.


Thanks! Do you know if both scholarships usually come with the acceptance? Can the Butler come later, or are we still waiting for a separate Butler wave?

invisibleone

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:52 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby invisibleone » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:06 pm

So, the lack of Butlers means I probably shouldn't be panicking about not getting an email today, right? I'm 173, 3.95+ and interviewed back in early December. Anyone else in a similar situation where they may be Butler material but haven't heard anything?

SuckMyLSN

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:50 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby SuckMyLSN » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:19 pm

invisibleone wrote:So, the lack of Butlers means I probably shouldn't be panicking about not getting an email today, right? I'm 173, 3.95+ and interviewed back in early December. Anyone else in a similar situation where they may be Butler material but haven't heard anything?

It me. Above both 75ths, also December interview, but probably no Hamilton because K-JD and average softs.

invisibleone

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:52 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby invisibleone » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:21 pm

SuckMyLSN wrote:
invisibleone wrote:So, the lack of Butlers means I probably shouldn't be panicking about not getting an email today, right? I'm 173, 3.95+ and interviewed back in early December. Anyone else in a similar situation where they may be Butler material but haven't heard anything?

It me. Above both 75ths, also December interview, but probably no Hamilton because K-JD and average softs.


Glad to know. Silence from Columbia, Harvard and Stanford today has me really down.

User avatar
dm1683

Silver
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby dm1683 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:29 pm

2021hopeful wrote:
rideagain wrote:
2021hopeful wrote:What's the deal with Butlers? Has anyone gotten one?

Zero reported Butlers. Very few Hamiltons.


Thanks! Do you know if both scholarships usually come with the acceptance? Can the Butler come later, or are we still waiting for a separate Butler wave?

Afaik butlers always come with acceptances like hamiltons. That's why I would be encouraged if I were you, you're still in the running for the big $$$!

2021hopeful

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:56 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby 2021hopeful » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:34 pm

dm1683 wrote:
2021hopeful wrote:
rideagain wrote:
2021hopeful wrote:What's the deal with Butlers? Has anyone gotten one?

Zero reported Butlers. Very few Hamiltons.


Thanks! Do you know if both scholarships usually come with the acceptance? Can the Butler come later, or are we still waiting for a separate Butler wave?

Afaik butlers always come with acceptances like hamiltons. That's why I would be encouraged if I were you, you're still in the running for the big $$$!



Thanks! With disappointments across the board recently, I'll take any little delusion to keep the spirits high. :D

rideagain

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:07 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby rideagain » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:35 pm

2021hopeful wrote:
rideagain wrote:
2021hopeful wrote:What's the deal with Butlers? Has anyone gotten one?

Zero reported Butlers. Very few Hamiltons.


Thanks! Do you know if both scholarships usually come with the acceptance? Can the Butler come later, or are we still waiting for a separate Butler wave?

Last year they came with acceptance.

invisibleone

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:52 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby invisibleone » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:35 pm

2021hopeful wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
2021hopeful wrote:
rideagain wrote:
2021hopeful wrote:What's the deal with Butlers? Has anyone gotten one?

Zero reported Butlers. Very few Hamiltons.


Thanks! Do you know if both scholarships usually come with the acceptance? Can the Butler come later, or are we still waiting for a separate Butler wave?

Afaik butlers always come with acceptances like hamiltons. That's why I would be encouraged if I were you, you're still in the running for the big $$$!



Thanks! With disappointments across the board recently, I'll take any little delusion to keep the spirits high. :D


Amen to that

dollarez

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby dollarez » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:43 pm

How much money is a Butler? I checked LSN and it seems that the amount varies from 40k to 90k? Would 40k be more like merit scholly?

seraph9

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:40 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby seraph9 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:02 pm

Butlers are half tuition which is approximately 95k, while Hamiltons are full tuition which is approximately 190k.

aegor

New
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:29 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby aegor » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:57 pm

jibrahim23 wrote:Did everyone who was admitted get interviewed? Congrats btw!

etramak wrote:Can you get a Butler without an interview?


In response to both of these, I received a Hamilton last week with no interview. It came in the acceptance letter: "You have been admitted...as a Hamilton Fellow."

I went complete at Harvard around then and have heard nothing positive or negative since, so who knows. This cycle seems unpredictable.

Veil of Ignorance

Bronze
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:22 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby Veil of Ignorance » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:32 pm

seraph9 wrote:Butlers are half tuition which is approximately 95k, while Hamiltons are full tuition which is approximately 190k.


Butler's take into account tuition increases, right? Because Columbia's tuition is probably going to be 67 >> 69 >> 71 for class of 2021, so Butler would be 69 divided by 2, times 3, which would be like 103k.

plzlovemeadcom

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:20 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby plzlovemeadcom » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:33 pm

long time lurker, first time poster. as a URM (latina and african american) with a 4.0 from a top public university and 160, can i take any comfort in seeing people with the same LSAT as me and similar or lower GPA getting in this? like does that mean I could get in or does that not really affect the probability of my acceptance at all? I have a lot of strong softs and have gotten into other top schools like michigan, upenn, uva, etc but I was wondering about columbia. I applied the second week of nov.

austinlove

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:12 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby austinlove » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:43 am

How do you afford Columbia without named scholarship? I heard they don’t really give merit scholarships :(



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot] and 8 guests