Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What appeals to you about Columbia

Biglaw employment rates
81
33%
Location
81
33%
Clinic Opportunities
40
17%
Professors
26
11%
Dual-Degree Opportunities
6
2%
Coursework
8
3%
 
Total votes: 242

User avatar
PostNihilist
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:17 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby PostNihilist » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:01 pm

tinycatfriend wrote:
fulbrightinmexico wrote:
tinycatfriend wrote:Got a Columbia interview! Any advice??


Are you an ED applicant? I got one as well.


I am not, actually

Complete date and stats?

tinycatfriend
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:06 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby tinycatfriend » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:07 pm

PostNihilist wrote:
tinycatfriend wrote:
fulbrightinmexico wrote:
tinycatfriend wrote:Got a Columbia interview! Any advice??


Are you an ED applicant? I got one as well.


I am not, actually

Complete date and stats?


complete 10/25, 3.6/180

ticket
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby ticket » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:24 pm

Interview request today. Applied 11/1, no idea when it went complete. 178/3.92 quant major

AaronCarter
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby AaronCarter » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:44 pm

ticket wrote:Interview request today. Applied 11/1, no idea when it went complete. 178/3.92 quant major


Did you apply ED?

rideagain
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:07 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby rideagain » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:46 pm

Congrats to those getting interviews! Do we know if interviews are necessary for Butler/Hamilton?

User avatar
Platopus
Posts: 1461
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby Platopus » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:48 pm

AaronCarter wrote:
ticket wrote:Interview request today. Applied 11/1, no idea when it went complete. 178/3.92 quant major


Did you apply ED?


With those numbers, lets hope not

ticket
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby ticket » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:50 pm

AaronCarter wrote:
ticket wrote:Interview request today. Applied 11/1, no idea when it went complete. 178/3.92 quant major


Did you apply ED?

Regular decision

porzingis3
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 7:05 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby porzingis3 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:14 pm

My application status is "Completion Pending" yet I submitted all materials in September and it has check marks next to all the requirements. Is this cause for concern and should I email them to ask why it still says completion pending? Never looked until now and am surprised it doesn't say complete. Did not have any issues with any of my other applications. Thanks.

ticket
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby ticket » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:20 pm

Platopus wrote:
AaronCarter wrote:
ticket wrote:Interview request today. Applied 11/1, no idea when it went complete. 178/3.92 quant major


Did you apply ED?


With those numbers, lets hope not

:P

tinycatfriend
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:06 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby tinycatfriend » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:21 pm

I am really hoping that interviews this early on means scholly, not borderline...

User avatar
Platopus
Posts: 1461
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby Platopus » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:23 pm

tinycatfriend wrote:I am really hoping that interviews this early on means scholly, not borderline...


It hurts me to say this, especially since I didn't receive an interview invite, but I think you are right. Based on numbers alone it looks like these folks are all Hammy material, so if you got an interview invite I'd be feeling good

sarahbelle6
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:28 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby sarahbelle6 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:06 pm

any other military folks get the clsma letter in the mail? Got a nice small envelope from “Columbia Law admissions” 3 days after my app went in, gave me a nice little heart attack thinking they’d already read my file and rejected me :P

ddevich
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:41 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby ddevich » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:51 pm

sarahbelle6 wrote:any other military folks get the clsma letter in the mail? Got a nice small envelope from “Columbia Law admissions” 3 days after my app went in, gave me a nice little heart attack thinking they’d already read my file and rejected me :P


I'll have to check my PO Box but it would be a cold day in hell before Columbia accepted me with a 3.5/165. I paid $35 for that sweet, sweet rejection. You can't put a price on misguided feelings of ineptitude.

User avatar
Somewhatcunning
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:14 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby Somewhatcunning » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:20 pm

ddevich wrote:
sarahbelle6 wrote:any other military folks get the clsma letter in the mail? Got a nice small envelope from “Columbia Law admissions” 3 days after my app went in, gave me a nice little heart attack thinking they’d already read my file and rejected me :P


I'll have to check my PO Box but it would be a cold day in hell before Columbia accepted me with a 3.5/165. I paid $35 for that sweet, sweet rejection. You can't put a price on misguided feelings of ineptitude.


Your post made me laugh so hard. Our numbers are basically the same. We can share in those lovely feelings.

Oliviapope123
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby Oliviapope123 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:28 pm

Some early decisions are in today. Congrats to all.

fulbrightinmexico
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby fulbrightinmexico » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:31 pm

Oliviapope123 wrote:Some early decisions are in today. Congrats to all.


Where's this info from? Congrats!

Oliviapope123
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby Oliviapope123 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:52 pm

My friend just got accepted ED. I am RD. Should have applied ED.

fulbrightinmexico
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby fulbrightinmexico » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:01 pm

Oliviapope123 wrote:My friend just got accepted ED. I am RD. Should have applied ED.


ah congrats to her! did she interview?

Oliviapope123
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby Oliviapope123 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:25 pm

Yes he interviewed.
Last edited by Oliviapope123 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Oliviapope123
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby Oliviapope123 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:27 pm

fulbrightinmexico wrote:
Oliviapope123 wrote:My friend just got accepted ED. I am RD. Should have applied ED.


ah congrats to her! did she interview?

Yes he interviewed.

User avatar
mwells56
Posts: 392
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby mwells56 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:07 pm

I applied ED and just got an email requesting my Fall grades. Good, bad, neither? I'm already a borderline candidate (168/3.74) so I guess it's good that they didn't outright ding me. I know they said that some ED candidates get pushed to the RD pool, but this didn't outright say that. My fall grades won't be available until Christmas Eve, maybe a day or two earlier. What do you all think?

User avatar
mwells56
Posts: 392
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby mwells56 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:05 pm

mwells56 wrote:I applied ED and just got an email requesting my Fall grades. Good, bad, neither? I'm already a borderline candidate (168/3.74) so I guess it's good that they didn't outright ding me. I know they said that some ED candidates get pushed to the RD pool, but this didn't outright say that. My fall grades won't be available until Christmas Eve, maybe a day or two earlier. What do you all think?


Also, I haven't gotten an interview request. Complete on 11/9.

AaronCarter
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby AaronCarter » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:08 pm

mwells56 wrote:
mwells56 wrote:I applied ED and just got an email requesting my Fall grades. Good, bad, neither? I'm already a borderline candidate (168/3.74) so I guess it's good that they didn't outright ding me. I know they said that some ED candidates get pushed to the RD pool, but this didn't outright say that. My fall grades won't be available until Christmas Eve, maybe a day or two earlier. What do you all think?


Also, I haven't gotten an interview request. Complete on 11/9.



URM?

User avatar
mwells56
Posts: 392
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby mwells56 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:15 pm

AaronCarter wrote:
mwells56 wrote:
mwells56 wrote:I applied ED and just got an email requesting my Fall grades. Good, bad, neither? I'm already a borderline candidate (168/3.74) so I guess it's good that they didn't outright ding me. I know they said that some ED candidates get pushed to the RD pool, but this didn't outright say that. My fall grades won't be available until Christmas Eve, maybe a day or two earlier. What do you all think?


Also, I haven't gotten an interview request. Complete on 11/9.



URM?


Nope

dallinpackard
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:27 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby dallinpackard » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:09 pm

2 weeks of "Completion Pending" now. Has anyone thrown them an email yet?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests