Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

First Decisions?

1/17
36%
1/18
25%
1/19
13%
1/22
8%
1/23
5%
1/24
3%
1/25
11%

Total votes: 119

RSolano

Bronze

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Post by RSolano » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:16 am

It's been four weeks now and I'm still not complete...?

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:46 am

RSolano wrote:It's been four weeks now and I'm still not complete...?
It took me about the same time, then I very quickly got an interview request. Hold tight!

RSolano

Bronze

Post by RSolano » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:10 pm

principalagent wrote:
RSolano wrote:It's been four weeks now and I'm still not complete...?
It took me about the same time, then I very quickly got an interview request. Hold tight!
Will do, thank you!!

april_ludgate

Bronze

Post by april_ludgate » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:16 pm

Should I be worried about my lack of interview request? I applied early November, 180/3.93 (will hopefully bump up to 3.95 when my fall transcripts are processed). I feel like I'm getting ghosted and I'm starting to wonder if I messed up my application somehow.

maybeman

Bronze

Post by maybeman » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:21 pm

april_ludgate wrote:Should I be worried about my lack of interview request? I applied early November, 180/3.93 (will hopefully bump up to 3.95 when my fall transcripts are processed). I feel like I'm getting ghosted and I'm starting to wonder if I messed up my application somehow.
I think depending on whose desk your app gets dropped on, wait times can vary. I'm sure you'll be fine

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ha8845

New

Post by ha8845 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:46 pm

april_ludgate wrote:Should I be worried about my lack of interview request? I applied early November, 180/3.93 (will hopefully bump up to 3.95 when my fall transcripts are processed). I feel like I'm getting ghosted and I'm starting to wonder if I messed up my application somehow.
Similar (ish) numbers and also applied early/mid Nov. and haven’t heard from them other than app complete. (And they’re not waiting on fall grades from me.) I like to think I didn’t botch any part of my app so I’m hoping it’s just bc of a slow moving cycle. Even though an interview isn’t necessary for admission, I like to think I could be considered for $$$ ... but losing hope

#gobroncos

Bronze

Post by #gobroncos » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:05 pm

ha8845 wrote:
Similar (ish) numbers and also applied early/mid Nov. and haven’t heard from them other than app complete. (And they’re not waiting on fall grades from me.) I like to think I didn’t botch any part of my app so I’m hoping it’s just bc of a slow moving cycle. Even though an interview isn’t necessary for admission, I like to think I could be considered for $$$ ... but losing hope
I mean, another interpretation could be that the numbers are so damn good that they don’t even feel the need for an interview prior to kicking a Hamilton your way. Keep your head up! Those are some AMAZING stats that will get you in all over the place.

april_ludgate

Bronze

Post by april_ludgate » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:36 pm

#gobroncos wrote:
ha8845 wrote:
I mean, another interpretation could be that the numbers are so damn good that they don’t even feel the need for an interview prior to kicking a Hamilton your way. Keep your head up! Those are some AMAZING stats that will get you in all over the place.
Thanks guys! I guess I wouldn’t be so anxious but I also seem to be getting ghosted by Chicago, Penn, and Michigan

danH1414

New

Post by danH1414 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:21 am

april_ludgate wrote:
#gobroncos wrote:
ha8845 wrote:
Thanks guys! I guess I wouldn’t be so anxious but I also seem to be getting ghosted by Chicago, Penn, and Michigan
Similarish spot as well - >75th LSAT and GPA, went complete end of October, radio silence since...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

alexeats

New

Post by alexeats » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:32 am

danH1414 wrote:
april_ludgate wrote:
#gobroncos wrote:
ha8845 wrote:
Similarish spot as well - >75th LSAT and GPA, went complete end of October, radio silence since...
I remember reading on their website and on here also they can’t interview everyone (even people they intend to accept) so like you both have crazy good numbers so they probably just don’t even need to talk to you. I’m a 160 and 3.98 lol so I wish I got an interview but I keep telling myself my essays and app were really good and they got the full picture of me already. I got into Georgetown wo an interview but Columbia is totally different I know.

april_ludgate

Bronze

Post by april_ludgate » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:33 pm

alexeats wrote:
danH1414 wrote:
april_ludgate wrote:
#gobroncos wrote:
ha8845 wrote:
I remember reading on their website and on here also they can’t interview everyone (even people they intend to accept) so like you both have crazy good numbers so they probably just don’t even need to talk to you. I’m a 160 and 3.98 lol so I wish I got an interview but I keep telling myself my essays and app were really good and they got the full picture of me already. I got into Georgetown wo an interview but Columbia is totally different I know.
That’s true! I was just hoping for a shot at a named scholarship, which I’ve heard they usually interview for

phqd_roar

New

Post by phqd_roar » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:45 pm

Checking in after interview. Went ok I think, nothing exceptional but hopefully nothing that will hurt me either. Like other people have said, a good portion of the interview was the interviewer telling me good things about Columbia. They address any questions they have concerning your applications, and then there’s the why Columbia/why Law etc. I personally did not get too many substantive questions about my background. About 20 mins overall. Really hope I hear from them soon!!

covfefe

New

Post by covfefe » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:52 pm

Checking in! Just went complete today, submitted 12/26.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kiklavan

Bronze

Post by kiklavan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:03 pm

covfefe wrote:Checking in! Just went complete today, submitted 12/26.
Does Columbia not review apps in order? I submitted 12/25 but am still “completion pending.”

LSATuration

Bronze

Post by LSATuration » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:23 pm

kiklavan wrote:
Does Columbia not review apps in order? I submitted 12/25 but am still “completion pending.”
I submitted 12/26, went complete yesterday

covfefe

New

Post by covfefe » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:25 pm

kiklavan wrote:
No idea. I'd assume that they at least process apps to get them complete in the order they were submitted. Maybe there's just some weirdness around apps submitted over the holiday season?

kiklavan

Bronze

Post by kiklavan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:30 pm

covfefe wrote:
kiklavan wrote:
No idea. I'd assume that they at least process apps to get them complete in the order they were submitted. Maybe there's just some weirdness around apps submitted over the holiday season?
Yeah... maybe I’ll give it until the end of the week before I freak out

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tmcauliffe96

Bronze

Post by tmcauliffe96 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:30 pm

Is a Columbia interview generally considered a good sign? Or is it more neutral

maybeman

Bronze

Post by maybeman » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:19 pm

tmcauliffe96 wrote:Is a Columbia interview generally considered a good sign? Or is it more neutral
In the past interviews have been for borderline applicants and people being considered for a named scholarship. Apparently they're broadening the pool of applicants they're interviewing this year, so I'm guessing the borderline group has become less borderline in both directions

tmcauliffe96

Bronze

Post by tmcauliffe96 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:29 pm

maybeman wrote:
tmcauliffe96 wrote:Is a Columbia interview generally considered a good sign? Or is it more neutral
In the past interviews have been for borderline applicants and people being considered for a named scholarship. Apparently they're broadening the pool of applicants they're interviewing this year, so I'm guessing the borderline group has become less borderline in both directions
Makes sense, thanks!

OhMyLaw

New

Post by OhMyLaw » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:54 pm

Just another data point: submitted 12/28, complete today.

Does anyone remember when decisions started rolling out last year? :o

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:52 pm

OhMyLaw wrote:Just another data point: submitted 12/28, complete today.

Does anyone remember when decisions started rolling out last year? :o
A year ago, late next week

latinxlawschool2020

New

Post by latinxlawschool2020 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:24 am

kiklavan wrote:
mwells56 wrote:
kiklavan wrote:Did any of you write "fun facts" ? Asking because there is literally nothing fun about me but I'm not a fan of leaving things blank.
At the end of mine I said that I hope they thought I was a fun guy, like a mushroom!
Lmao. Yeah I kept wanting to crack jokes as I filled it out so that maybe they would think I'm fun, friendly, and hip and just magically look over my 169 lsat score lmao
I liked the fun facts..wrote about my hobby, (woodworking) and how I enjoy remaking furniture out of recycled furniture. Really helped paid the rent back in undergrad haha the hustle

rideagain

Bronze

Post by rideagain » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:13 am

latinxlawschool2020 wrote:
kiklavan wrote:
mwells56 wrote:
kiklavan wrote:Did any of you write "fun facts" ? Asking because there is literally nothing fun about me but I'm not a fan of leaving things blank.
At the end of mine I said that I hope they thought I was a fun guy, like a mushroom!
Lmao. Yeah I kept wanting to crack jokes as I filled it out so that maybe they would think I'm fun, friendly, and hip and just magically look over my 169 lsat score lmao
I liked the fun facts..wrote about my hobby, (woodworking) and how I enjoy remaking furniture out of recycled furniture. Really helped paid the rent back in undergrad haha the hustle
I actually had a long convo with my interviewer about my fun facts. They definitely read them!

2drew4u

New

Post by 2drew4u » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:06 pm

rideagain wrote:
latinxlawschool2020 wrote:
kiklavan wrote:
mwells56 wrote:
I actually had a long convo with my interviewer about my fun facts. They definitely read them!
I went to Columbia undergrad, and every year for Halloween I dressed up as the president of the university. I put that as my fun fact, so hopefully Bollinger is not the one reading the apps.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”