Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

First Decisions?

1/17
42
36%
1/18
29
25%
1/19
15
13%
1/22
9
8%
1/23
6
5%
1/24
2
2%
1/25
13
11%
 
Total votes: 116

dollarez

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby dollarez » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:19 pm

cwasser3 wrote:
barbarbarbar wrote:Does anyone have thoughts on sending updated resumes to CLC?? I started a new job in January in the legal field so it's relevant to my application. Can't find much on their website so just trying to decide whether to send it or wait it out. Thoughts??


I think it's always a good idea. It can't hurt.


I read this on their application, so I don't think they encourage submission of additional materials. But maybe an updated resume is considered "essential information," so you can try?

Applicants are expected to be diligent in providing all necessary information for review of their candidacy prior to the
completion of their applications. Once an application is complete, please do not submit additional materials unless they
convey essential information, as there is no guarantee such materials will be placed in your application prior to the evaluation
and may potentially slow down the review of your candidacy. Applicants may submit address changes and letters of
continued interest (Hold or Reserve applicants only) through our online upload portal (http://www.law.columbia.edu/admissions/jd/
apply/document-upload). Notification of events that are responsive to questions 8.1-8.6 must be emailed to
admissions@law.columbia.edu.

barbarbarbar

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:07 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby barbarbarbar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:37 pm

dollarez wrote:
cwasser3 wrote:
barbarbarbar wrote:Does anyone have thoughts on sending updated resumes to CLC?? I started a new job in January in the legal field so it's relevant to my application. Can't find much on their website so just trying to decide whether to send it or wait it out. Thoughts??


I think it's always a good idea. It can't hurt.


I read this on their application, so I don't think they encourage submission of additional materials. But maybe an updated resume is considered "essential information," so you can try?

Applicants are expected to be diligent in providing all necessary information for review of their candidacy prior to the
completion of their applications. Once an application is complete, please do not submit additional materials unless they
convey essential information, as there is no guarantee such materials will be placed in your application prior to the evaluation
and may potentially slow down the review of your candidacy. Applicants may submit address changes and letters of
continued interest (Hold or Reserve applicants only) through our online upload portal (http://www.law.columbia.edu/admissions/jd/
apply/document-upload). Notification of events that are responsive to questions 8.1-8.6 must be emailed to
admissions@law.columbia.edu.



This is super helpful-- thank you!

ella12

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:50 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby ella12 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:38 pm

Any other KJD not get a request for fall grades? I saw that some did. I sent them anyway but I am not sure if it's a good or bad sign that I didn't get asked?

hayryem

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:31 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby hayryem » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:55 pm

ella12 wrote:Any other KJD not get a request for fall grades? I saw that some did. I sent them anyway but I am not sure if it's a good or bad sign that I didn't get asked?


I did not get asked

PWADatUNC

New
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:13 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby PWADatUNC » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:10 pm

barbarbarbar wrote:Does anyone have thoughts on sending updated resumes to CLC?? I started a new job in January in the legal field so it's relevant to my application. Can't find much on their website so just trying to decide whether to send it or wait it out. Thoughts??


I’m k-JD but I began a new internship during the school year about 2 weeks after I applied (early November). I sent a new resume in December updating them. I got in this past week on a wave. Send the new resume would be my advice.

dollarez

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby dollarez » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm

PWADatUNC wrote:
barbarbarbar wrote:Does anyone have thoughts on sending updated resumes to CLC?? I started a new job in January in the legal field so it's relevant to my application. Can't find much on their website so just trying to decide whether to send it or wait it out. Thoughts??


I’m k-JD but I began a new internship during the school year about 2 weeks after I applied (early November). I sent a new resume in December updating them. I got in this past week on a wave. Send the new resume would be my advice.


That's good to hear! When you sent in your updated resume, did they email you back saying they added it to your file? Just wondering if they are prompt in dealing with additional materials.

rideagain

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:07 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby rideagain » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:35 pm

Last Friday was a Hamilton wave.

Ergo, everyone not yet admitted will get Hamiltons today. It's science folks.

MonicaYoung_LOL

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby MonicaYoung_LOL » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:36 pm

Just got in with a Hamilton!!!

cwasser3

Bronze
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:44 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby cwasser3 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:38 pm

MonicaYoung_LOL wrote:Just got in with a Hamilton!!!


Congrats!

MonicaYoung_LOL

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby MonicaYoung_LOL » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:39 pm

cwasser3 wrote:
MonicaYoung_LOL wrote:Just got in with a Hamilton!!!


Congrats!


Thank you! :)

rideagain

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:07 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby rideagain » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:39 pm

MonicaYoung_LOL wrote:Just got in with a Hamilton!!!

I CALLED IT

Congrats!

dollarez

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby dollarez » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:44 pm

MonicaYoung_LOL wrote:Just got in with a Hamilton!!!


Omg!! of course! Congrats!!! :D

etramak

Silver
Posts: 747
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby etramak » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:45 pm

MonicaYoung_LOL wrote:Just got in with a Hamilton!!!

F**KING AWESOME

MonicaYoung_LOL

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby MonicaYoung_LOL » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:49 pm

Thanks everyone :) I really appreciate it!!

User avatar
AlPastor

Bronze
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby AlPastor » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:54 pm

MonicaYoung_LOL wrote:Just got in with a Hamilton!!!



~I know we're not supposed to be posting here anymore but~ CONGRATS!!!!

albinododobird

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:45 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby albinododobird » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:55 pm

Has anyone who interviewed in January received a decision? I interviewed on the 12th and haven't heard back yet.

solennita

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:54 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby solennita » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:56 pm

.
Last edited by solennita on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ticket

New
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:47 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby ticket » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:01 pm

In with a Butler

etramak

Silver
Posts: 747
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby etramak » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:02 pm

ticket wrote:In with a Butler

WE STILL GOIN

rideagain

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:07 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby rideagain » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:03 pm

etramak wrote:
ticket wrote:In with a Butler

WE STILL GOIN

Columbia lives to torture us.

hopeful2021

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:46 pm

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby hopeful2021 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:04 pm

albinododobird wrote:Has anyone who interviewed in January received a decision? I interviewed on the 12th and haven't heard back yet.


Same...i interviewed on the 11th and nothing so i'm a little anxious, particularly because i asked my interviewer what's the timeline now for those who interviewed and he was like, 'oh, you'll hear within two weeks'...two weeks for me was yesterday. Wishing everyone the best!

rachelac

Bronze
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:45 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby rachelac » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:08 pm

rideagain wrote:
etramak wrote:
ticket wrote:In with a Butler

WE STILL GOIN

Columbia lives to torture us.

User avatar
SopranoSaxophone

Bronze
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:40 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby SopranoSaxophone » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:13 pm

Does anything happen to the status tracker upon acceptance?

User avatar
maybeman

Bronze
Posts: 417
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:55 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby maybeman » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:13 pm

hopeful2021 wrote:
albinododobird wrote:Has anyone who interviewed in January received a decision? I interviewed on the 12th and haven't heard back yet.


Same...i interviewed on the 11th and nothing so i'm a little anxious, particularly because i asked my interviewer what's the timeline now for those who interviewed and he was like, 'oh, you'll hear within two weeks'...two weeks for me was yesterday. Wishing everyone the best!

This reminded me that my interviewer told me I'd hear by early-mid january :|

throwaway1919

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:53 am

Re: Columbia c/o 2021 Applicants Thread (2017-2018)

Postby throwaway1919 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:17 pm

maybeman wrote:
hopeful2021 wrote:
albinododobird wrote:Has anyone who interviewed in January received a decision? I interviewed on the 12th and haven't heard back yet.


Same...i interviewed on the 11th and nothing so i'm a little anxious, particularly because i asked my interviewer what's the timeline now for those who interviewed and he was like, 'oh, you'll hear within two weeks'...two weeks for me was yesterday. Wishing everyone the best!

This reminded me that my interviewer told me I'd hear by early-mid january :|


Ditto. I feel very spurned and sad.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot] and 11 guests