Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Where are you?

Getting ready to submit my application... someday
0
No votes
Submitted
6
6%
Complete/Under Review
49
51%
ED Deferred to RD Limbo
16
17%
Accepted
25
26%
Waitlisted
0
No votes
Rejected
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 96

ghostlyyy
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:42 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby ghostlyyy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:24 pm

LiveJustly390 wrote:
ghostlyyy wrote:
ChiCityLove wrote:Checking in. Applied ED. Now anxiously waiting!


Same here--any idea about how long between when you sent your ED cert and the box got checked off on the status checker?


I think it took about a week for mine, but I'm not totally sure since I sent my ED cert at the same time as my other materials!

It would be amazing if we found out next week...


It looks like they have released decisions on Thursday the past couple years...so hopefully 12/14!

ChiCityLove
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:28 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby ChiCityLove » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:10 pm

LiveJustly390 wrote:
ghostlyyy wrote:
ChiCityLove wrote:Checking in. Applied ED. Now anxiously waiting!


Same here--any idea about how long between when you sent your ED cert and the box got checked off on the status checker?


I think it took about a week for mine, but I'm not totally sure since I sent my ED cert at the same time as my other materials!

It would be amazing if we found out next week...


Mine took about a week as well, I believe. I sent it by email around Thanksgiving.

ghostlyyy
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:42 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby ghostlyyy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:20 am

ChiCityLove wrote:
LiveJustly390 wrote:
ghostlyyy wrote:
ChiCityLove wrote:Checking in. Applied ED. Now anxiously waiting!


Same here--any idea about how long between when you sent your ED cert and the box got checked off on the status checker?


I think it took about a week for mine, but I'm not totally sure since I sent my ED cert at the same time as my other materials!

It would be amazing if we found out next week...


Mine took about a week as well, I believe. I sent it by email around Thanksgiving.


Thanks! I emailed mine on 11/21 and still haven't seen a status checker change. I am definitely going to call today.

ruthenium44
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:14 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby ruthenium44 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:08 pm

Every email from Northeastern gives me a heart attack... anyone else?

rachelac
Posts: 231
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:45 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby rachelac » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:12 pm

ruthenium44 wrote:Every email from Northeastern gives me a heart attack... anyone else?


Coming here to say the exact same thing haha

User avatar
PostNihilist
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:17 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby PostNihilist » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:13 pm

ruthenium44 wrote:Every email from Northeastern gives me a heart attack... anyone else?

+180

carmtastic
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:06 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby carmtastic » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:14 pm

ruthenium44 wrote:Every email from Northeastern gives me a heart attack... anyone else?


Northeastern has taken off like 20 years of my life from all their emails.

User avatar
rowdy
Posts: 460
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby rowdy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:15 pm

Click unsubscribe you masochists haha

User avatar
Jack_Kelly
Posts: 892
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:52 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby Jack_Kelly » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:18 pm

carmtastic wrote:
ruthenium44 wrote:Every email from Northeastern gives me a heart attack... anyone else?


Northeastern has taken off like 20 years of my life from all their emails.

Northeastern and Penn State run a close contest for primary cause of my hypertension.

MonicaYoung_LOL
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby MonicaYoung_LOL » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:55 pm

Any speculation as to when the first round of RD applicants can expect to hear back?
Last edited by MonicaYoung_LOL on Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rowdy
Posts: 460
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby rowdy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:59 pm

:!: :!: :!: Public Service Announcement :!: :!: :!:
Past ED Decision Dates:
Thursday Dec 15, 2016
Thursday Dec 17, 2015
Thursday Dec 18, 2014

Release of The Last Jedi:
Thursday Dec 14, 2017

*thinking emoji*

Platopus
Posts: 1468
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby Platopus » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:58 pm

.
Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MT Cicero
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby MT Cicero » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:03 pm

Platopus wrote:
MonicaYoung_LOL wrote:Any speculation as to when the first round of RD applicants can expect to hear back?


2nd week of January


During my cycle (2013-14), there was a wave about a week after the ED folks. I thought this has continued in subsequent cycles, but could be wrong.

Olive Juice
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:39 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby Olive Juice » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:10 pm

MT Cicero wrote:
Platopus wrote:
MonicaYoung_LOL wrote:Any speculation as to when the first round of RD applicants can expect to hear back?


2nd week of January


During my cycle (2013-14), there was a wave about a week after the ED folks. I thought this has continued in subsequent cycles, but could be wrong.


I'm pretty sure there was last year, too. December 20th ~ish.

LiveJustly390
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:42 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby LiveJustly390 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:56 pm

carmtastic wrote:
ruthenium44 wrote:Every email from Northeastern gives me a heart attack... anyone else?


Northeastern has taken off like 20 years of my life from all their emails.


So glad I’m not the only one this happened to today :lol:

LiveJustly390
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:42 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby LiveJustly390 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:57 pm

ghostlyyy wrote:
LiveJustly390 wrote:
ghostlyyy wrote:
ChiCityLove wrote:Checking in. Applied ED. Now anxiously waiting!


Same here--any idea about how long between when you sent your ED cert and the box got checked off on the status checker?


I think it took about a week for mine, but I'm not totally sure since I sent my ED cert at the same time as my other materials!

It would be amazing if we found out next week...


It looks like they have released decisions on Thursday the past couple years...so hopefully 12/14!


They told me a million times not to except anything until the last week of December/first week of January, but maybe they were just trying to manage our expectations?

User avatar
andysimbi
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:39 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby andysimbi » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:24 pm

I submitted my materials and went complete, and then a few weeks later I decided I wanted to do an interview. I emailed (but they don't respond, it looks like) and completed the interview...but is there any way I can know/be sure that it'll be consider with the rest of my application?

ghostlyyy
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:42 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby ghostlyyy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:14 am

LiveJustly390 wrote:
ghostlyyy wrote:
LiveJustly390 wrote:
ghostlyyy wrote:
ChiCityLove wrote:Checking in. Applied ED. Now anxiously waiting!


Same here--any idea about how long between when you sent your ED cert and the box got checked off on the status checker?


I think it took about a week for mine, but I'm not totally sure since I sent my ED cert at the same time as my other materials!

It would be amazing if we found out next week...


It looks like they have released decisions on Thursday the past couple years...so hopefully 12/14!


They told me a million times not to except anything until the last week of December/first week of January, but maybe they were just trying to manage our expectations?


Huh, thats odd, because every other year they have released decisions in mid-December. I'm guessing it's just the managing expectations theory (hopefully).

User avatar
MT Cicero
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby MT Cicero » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:26 pm

Yeah, most likely managing expectations so they don't continue getting calls when a "target" date for decisions might come and go. There aren't a lot of folks in this office, and they can stay pretty busy. Getting derailed by dozens of "status request" calls per day just slows down the machine.

Also, FYI...

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=197451&start=6000#p10237292

Cooley_Or_Bust
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby Cooley_Or_Bust » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:11 pm

I have an interview with a Northwestern alum coming up. Is there any specific questions they ask or is it just a general interview?

User avatar
MT Cicero
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby MT Cicero » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:35 pm

Cooley_Or_Bust wrote:I have an interview with a Northwestern alum coming up. Is there any specific questions they ask or is it just a general interview?


Expect some standard questions certainly, but interviewers are given latitude to get a feel for the applicant in a more general sense. You can search TLS and find some of the questions that have been used in the past, but they won't surprise you. And sometimes the applicant's resume can carve a different path for the interview (say, unique background/work experience). I assume very few people (if any) try to play "gotcha" with truly weird stuff.

LiveJustly390
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:42 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby LiveJustly390 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:51 pm

MT Cicero wrote:Yeah, most likely managing expectations so they don't continue getting calls when a "target" date for decisions might come and go. There aren't a lot of folks in this office, and they can stay pretty busy. Getting derailed by dozens of "status request" calls per day just slows down the machine.

Also, FYI...

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=197451&start=6000#p10237292


...great...
There goes any hope I had for making it into Northwestern ED. Not that here was much hope anyways but...:/

User avatar
Ron.Swanson
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:21 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby Ron.Swanson » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:26 pm

LiveJustly390 wrote:
MT Cicero wrote:Yeah, most likely managing expectations so they don't continue getting calls when a "target" date for decisions might come and go. There aren't a lot of folks in this office, and they can stay pretty busy. Getting derailed by dozens of "status request" calls per day just slows down the machine.

Also, FYI...

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=197451&start=6000#p10237292


...great...
There goes any hope I had for making it into Northwestern ED. Not that here was much hope anyways but...:/


+1

User avatar
Ron.Swanson
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:21 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby Ron.Swanson » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:35 pm

I took the GRE and LSAT and sent them both for ED. My GRE is FAR better than my LSAT. Will my GRE even be considered for ED? I'm worried...

ksmaster123
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby ksmaster123 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:09 pm

Ron.Swanson wrote:I took the GRE and LSAT and sent them both for ED. My GRE is FAR better than my LSAT. Will my GRE even be considered for ED? I'm worried...


Isn't it still ABA policy to report LSAT scores if applicants have them? I think it would be down to how USNWR use the scores for their ranking. If the LSAT takes priority, I don't think people who are taking the GRE solely to make up for their LSAT score would benefit all that much. Has USNWR said anything about competing LSAT/GRE yet?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: thatcandoromg and 7 guests