Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Are you migrating over to the new OP on top-law-schools.com?

Yes
20
43%
Yes, definitely
26
57%
 
Total votes: 46

littlewing67

Silver
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby littlewing67 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:30 pm

.
Last edited by littlewing67 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby Mikey » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:33 pm

littlewing67 wrote:Plan on doing my online interview tomorrow. Any advice for those who have used Kira on how to prepare? Anything you wish you did before the interview? Thanks :mrgreen:

+1 to this

probably doing mine in the next 2 days

Mma038

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:52 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby Mma038 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:41 pm

Mikey wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:Plan on doing my online interview tomorrow. Any advice for those who have used Kira on how to prepare? Anything you wish you did before the interview? Thanks :mrgreen:

+1 to this

probably doing mine in the next 2 days


Definitely use chrome, because I have a Mac and safari doesn’t work properly with Kira for me. And do couple of rounds of practice obviously.

vikingrunner

New
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby vikingrunner » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:52 pm

I really did not need an email from "Northwestern Law" to tell me about a CRS fee waiver I already used to apply with over 2 weeks ago. Gave me a heart attack.

littlewing67

Silver
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby littlewing67 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:21 pm

.
Last edited by littlewing67 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mistakepluskeleven

New
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:56 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby mistakepluskeleven » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:35 am

Choosing to believe ED holds will hear back next week. Wondering if a LOCI is necessary when they already know it was our top choice?

ChiCityLove

New
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:28 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby ChiCityLove » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:37 am

mistakepluskeleven wrote:Choosing to believe ED holds will hear back next week. Wondering if a LOCI is necessary when they already know it was our top choice?


I've heard advice in both directions, but I decided not to write one so I could keep the option for a LOCI in my pocket in case I end up on the waitlist, so I'm not too redundant.

User avatar
Zero Hedge

New
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:20 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby Zero Hedge » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:42 am

Mikey wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:Plan on doing my online interview tomorrow. Any advice for those who have used Kira on how to prepare? Anything you wish you did before the interview? Thanks :mrgreen:

+1 to this

probably doing mine in the next 2 days


How quickly did you both receive your Kira invite? I spaced and didn't request it until this past Saturday. It said to allow two business days to get an email from Kira and still haven't gotten it yet. Checked my spam folder and everywhere else already. Might be emailing admissions later today if I don't get it by then.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby Mikey » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:43 am

Zero Hedge wrote:
Mikey wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:Plan on doing my online interview tomorrow. Any advice for those who have used Kira on how to prepare? Anything you wish you did before the interview? Thanks :mrgreen:

+1 to this

probably doing mine in the next 2 days


How quickly did you both receive your Kira invite? I spaced and didn't request it until this past Saturday. It said to allow two business days to get an email from Kira and still haven't gotten it yet. Checked my spam folder and everywhere else already. Might be emailing admissions later today if I don't get it by then.

the same day I requested it, maybe like 3 or 4 hours later

User avatar
Zero Hedge

New
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:20 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby Zero Hedge » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:55 am

Mikey wrote:
Zero Hedge wrote:
Mikey wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:Plan on doing my online interview tomorrow. Any advice for those who have used Kira on how to prepare? Anything you wish you did before the interview? Thanks :mrgreen:

+1 to this

probably doing mine in the next 2 days


How quickly did you both receive your Kira invite? I spaced and didn't request it until this past Saturday. It said to allow two business days to get an email from Kira and still haven't gotten it yet. Checked my spam folder and everywhere else already. Might be emailing admissions later today if I don't get it by then.

the same day I requested it, maybe like 3 or 4 hours later


Literally read this and immediately got an email notification for a Kira invite. Almost like they're watching...

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby Mikey » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:56 am

Zero Hedge wrote:
Literally read this and immediately got an email notification for a Kira invite. Almost like they're watching...

big brother is always watching

User avatar
mistakepluskeleven

New
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:56 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby mistakepluskeleven » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:11 pm

ChiCityLove wrote:
mistakepluskeleven wrote:Choosing to believe ED holds will hear back next week. Wondering if a LOCI is necessary when they already know it was our top choice?


I've heard advice in both directions, but I decided not to write one so I could keep the option for a LOCI in my pocket in case I end up on the waitlist, so I'm not too redundant.


Good call I didn't think of that. Thanks!

User avatar
Eleven

New
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:46 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby Eleven » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:14 pm

I requested an interview on Sunday and just got my invite this AM. Planning to do my interview today or tomorrow, and then I am visiting in 2 weeks. Hoping that can get me over the WL hump.
Last edited by Eleven on Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

curvybanana63

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:51 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby curvybanana63 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:24 pm

have any other held people had their statuses updated? They were supposed to start re-reviewing us yesterday but my status still says decision letter available

ChiCityLove

New
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:28 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby ChiCityLove » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:25 pm

curvybanana63 wrote:have any other held people had their statuses updated? They were supposed to start re-reviewing us yesterday but my status still says decision letter available


Same :(

User avatar
mistakepluskeleven

New
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:56 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby mistakepluskeleven » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:59 pm

ChiCityLove wrote:
curvybanana63 wrote:have any other held people had their statuses updated? They were supposed to start re-reviewing us yesterday but my status still says decision letter available


Same :(


+1

User avatar
wolfonlawstreet

Bronze
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:30 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby wolfonlawstreet » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:01 pm

mistakepluskeleven wrote:
ChiCityLove wrote:
curvybanana63 wrote:have any other held people had their statuses updated? They were supposed to start re-reviewing us yesterday but my status still says decision letter available


Same :(


+1


+2
Last edited by wolfonlawstreet on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ChutzpahSaxa15

New
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:54 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby ChutzpahSaxa15 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:47 pm

My status still says 'complete.' Is that going to change at all before a decision is rendered? I.e. should I stop obsessively checking?

rachelac

Bronze
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:45 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby rachelac » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:35 am

ChutzpahSaxa15 wrote:My status still says 'complete.' Is that going to change at all before a decision is rendered? I.e. should I stop obsessively checking?


I don't remember it changing until I went to Decision Letter Available!

User avatar
LiveJustly390

New
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:42 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby LiveJustly390 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:13 pm

wolfonlawstreet wrote:
mistakepluskeleven wrote:
ChiCityLove wrote:
curvybanana63 wrote:have any other held people had their statuses updated? They were supposed to start re-reviewing us yesterday but my status still says decision letter available


Same :(


+1


+2


+3

User avatar
xinaialice

New
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:57 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby xinaialice » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:51 pm

LiveJustly390 wrote:
wolfonlawstreet wrote:
mistakepluskeleven wrote:
ChiCityLove wrote:
curvybanana63 wrote:have any other held people had their statuses updated? They were supposed to start re-reviewing us yesterday but my status still says decision letter available


Same :(


+1


+2


+3


+180

VanillaSalt

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:17 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby VanillaSalt » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:04 am

For those of y'all who are admitted, have you guys received the admissions packet yet?

WindyCity22

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:02 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby WindyCity22 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:38 pm

VanillaSalt wrote:For those of y'all who are admitted, have you guys received the admissions packet yet?


Mine came in the mail today. I was E.D. if that makes a difference.

rachelac

Bronze
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:45 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby rachelac » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:58 pm

Have any of y'all done the financial aid application yet? I'm a little unsure about how to "assess my position for merit aid" without coming off as an ass. Any guidance?

User avatar
Bush v. Gorgeous

Bronze
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:37 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby Bush v. Gorgeous » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:55 am

rachelac wrote:Have any of y'all done the financial aid application yet? I'm a little unsure about how to "assess my position for merit aid" without coming off as an ass. Any guidance?


I did it last week. I'd just speak honestly about the things you bring to the table using references from the site - e.g. they value students with interesting work experience so you can talk about how you would bring interesting perspectives to the student body via your work in xyz. Talk about interesting academic projects you've done - things more in depth. They say specifically not to talk about gpa/lsat so I think just think of things that are unique / were challenging about your academic or work history and mention them. It's always going to be self-promotion for everyone so no worries. :)



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests