Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Are you migrating over to the new OP on top-law-schools.com?

Yes
43%
Yes, definitely
57%

Total votes: 46

ghostlyyy

New

Re: Northwestern c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Post by ghostlyyy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:04 pm

ksmaster123 wrote:Does the admissions office answer emails promptly? Been trying to reach them, but they haven't sent a reply.
I emailed last night at they responded this morning.

ksmaster123

New

Post by ksmaster123 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:12 pm

ghostlyyy wrote:
ksmaster123 wrote:Does the admissions office answer emails promptly? Been trying to reach them, but they haven't sent a reply.
It is admissions@law.northwestern.edu right???

Edit: Nvm. Called and confirmed they received my ED cert. Whew.

rossco9

New

Post by rossco9 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:09 pm

I submitted all my applications last night - over the course of this morning and early afternoon, I received an e-mail from each school acknowledging my application and all that...except Northwestern. How long has it taken for others to receive that 'We've received your application!' e-mail?

edit: D'oh. Appears that the admissions office is closed until 11/27 for TG.

usaorbust

Bronze

Post by usaorbust » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:07 pm

Interviewed on campus this week. Was told I would hear back in 6-8 weeks. Didn't get my interviewer's name so trying to figure out how to send a thank you email.

appind

Gold

Post by appind » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:17 am

are off-campus interviews guaranteed everywhere if one requested it before dec 1st?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ghostlyyy

New

Post by ghostlyyy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:56 am

Around what time should ED applicants expect to hear back? It looks like it's been mid-December for other cycles, just curious if anyone had any more information on the exact date.

Also, does anyone have any info on number of ED applicants, acceptances, etc? I've been trying to snoop around for this but it seems hard to come by.

Olive Juice

New

Post by Olive Juice » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:16 am

ghostlyyy wrote:Around what time should ED applicants expect to hear back? It looks like it's been mid-December for other cycles, just curious if anyone had any more information on the exact date.

Also, does anyone have any info on number of ED applicants, acceptances, etc? I've been trying to snoop around for this but it seems hard to come by.
Ok, so I have no actual additional information. But commence wild speculation.

The last three years were: 12/15 (2016), 12/17 (2015), 12/18 (2014). I just looked back and these were all Thursdays. So, perhaps we will be lucky and hear back on the 14th!

Alternately, we can go the dream interpretation route. I had a dream the other night that we heard back late in the day on the 17th which is a Sunday. I had an LSAT score dream that was one point off, so by this infallible logic of prophetic dreams I predict we're going to hear back on the 18th.

I wish they published the breakdown of ED/Regular applicants. I'm sure it varies on the applicant pool each year, but it would be interesting. I think the last few years of admits on LSN has hovered around 8; no telling how many others don't update LSN or how many applied.

appind

Gold

Post by appind » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:42 pm

How much time does it take after submission to be assigned an Alumnus for OFF-campus interview? Is the time of intvw decided by direct email to the Alum?

Bronze

Post by 38981928 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:50 pm

appind wrote:How much time does it take after submission to be assigned an Alumnus for OFF-campus interview? Is the time of intvw decided by direct email to the Alum?
I think so. I was contacted by the alum before I even got the notification from Northwestern Law that I was assigned to an interviewer. I believe she contacted me as soon as she was assigned, and the Northwestern email didn't come for a few more days after that.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ghostlyyy

New

Post by ghostlyyy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:42 pm

ksmaster123 wrote:
ghostlyyy wrote:

Did you status checker update? I emailed to confirm they received my cert 2 days ago but my status checker does not reflect that they received it. I guess I will take the adcomm's word over the status checker haha

ksmaster123

New

Post by ksmaster123 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:22 pm

ghostlyyy wrote:
ksmaster123 wrote:
ghostlyyy wrote:

Did you status checker update? I emailed to confirm they received my cert 2 days ago but my status checker does not reflect that they received it. I guess I will take the adcomm's word over the status checker haha
My application is now complete and the ED cert box is checked off. The lady in the office said they normally don't reply back to emails sending them application stuff.

ghostlyyy

New

Post by ghostlyyy » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:17 am

ksmaster123 wrote:
ghostlyyy wrote:
ksmaster123 wrote:
ghostlyyy wrote:

My application is now complete and the ED cert box is checked off. The lady in the office said they normally don't reply back to emails sending them application stuff.
My ED cert is still not checked off but they emailed me saying they received the cert. Huh. I guess I will just be patient/try not to freak out since the deadline is tomorrow.

Olive Juice

New

Post by Olive Juice » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:02 am

ghostlyyy wrote:
ksmaster123 wrote:
ghostlyyy wrote:
ksmaster123 wrote:
ghostlyyy wrote:

My ED cert is still not checked off but they emailed me saying they received the cert. Huh. I guess I will just be patient/try not to freak out since the deadline is tomorrow.
It took them a few days to update the ED cert for me, and like a week and a half to show my interview was completed. I wouldn't worry about it considering they have e-mailed you confirming they have it. Not sure why but it seems to take them longer than other schools to update the status checker.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

oldneller123

New

Post by oldneller123 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:43 pm

Hi guys!

So for everyone who's done the online interview - did it really take 30-45 minutes? If the time response for each question is 1 minute with 30 sec prep time for a total of 6 questions and factoring in the time it takes to ask the questions, shouldn't the interview last like 10-15 minutes? Just asking so I can plan accordingly lol. thanks!

-- Also, if someone can share insights into the type of questions asked that'd be super helpful!

BruisersMom912

New

Post by BruisersMom912 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:35 pm

oldneller123 wrote:Hi guys!

So for everyone who's done the online interview - did it really take 30-45 minutes? If the time response for each question is 1 minute with 30 sec prep time for a total of 6 questions and factoring in the time it takes to ask the questions, shouldn't the interview last like 10-15 minutes? Just asking so I can plan accordingly lol. thanks!

-- Also, if someone can share insights into the type of questions asked that'd be super helpful!
The interview itself didn't take me more than 10 or so minutes - but I definitely spent awhile on the practice questions to get the jitters out and feel comfortable talking to the camera, so 30-45 seems right. Here are the questions I remember (paraphrased to the best of my ability):
- Why Northwestern?
- What would you like to tell admissions about yourself as a candidate?
- Name a challenge you've encountered in the past and how you would approach it differently now
- Describe a time you had to work in a difficult environment, how did you overcome it?

Good luck!

ghostlyyy

New

Post by ghostlyyy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:32 am

Olive Juice wrote:
ghostlyyy wrote:
ksmaster123 wrote:
ghostlyyy wrote:
ksmaster123 wrote:
ghostlyyy wrote:

It took them a few days to update the ED cert for me, and like a week and a half to show my interview was completed. I wouldn't worry about it considering they have e-mailed you confirming they have it. Not sure why but it seems to take them longer than other schools to update the status checker.
I wouldn't normally be worried, but I only decided to apply ED after I had submitted by RD app. So the only piece of paper that indicates that I am applying ED is the cert, so that is why it's worrying me that the box still isn't checked off on the status checker, especially since your file needs to be complete by 12/1. I may call them in a few days if it is still not updated. It would just suck if I slipped through the cracks was not considered under ED.

appind

Gold

Post by appind » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:15 pm

those who chose off-campus intvw before dec, how much time it takes between app submission and hearing from alum to do the interview?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lobsicle

New

Post by lobsicle » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:20 pm

appind wrote:those who chose off-campus intvw before dec, how much time it takes between app submission and hearing from alum to do the interview?
Have you been assigned an interviewer? You're supposed to contact them.

appind

Gold

Post by appind » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:36 pm

lobsicle wrote:
appind wrote:those who chose off-campus intvw before dec, how much time it takes between app submission and hearing from alum to do the interview?
is there email about interviewer assignment? i haven't received any yet.

lobsicle

New

Post by lobsicle » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:41 pm

appind wrote:
lobsicle wrote:
is there email about interviewer assignment? i haven't received any yet.
You should have received it after applying and checking that you want to do an alumni interview (probably within a week or two). If you haven't received an assignment, I'd contact admissions.

theurbanzone

New

Post by theurbanzone » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:43 pm

Submitted my app yesterday (11/30) and requested an off campus interview in San Francisco. Has anyone in SF/Northern California done an off campus interview yet? I'd appreciate tips on what to expect in terms of distance (e.g. will they ask you to go down to the Valley/ South Bay), or are the interviews usually in SF? Thanks

Northwestern is a reach school for me, but with the fee waiver and my strong softs, I decided to bite the bullet!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

noapple

New

Post by noapple » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:52 am

theurbanzone wrote:Submitted my app yesterday (11/30) and requested an off campus interview in San Francisco. Has anyone in SF/Northern California done an off campus interview yet? I'd appreciate tips on what to expect in terms of distance (e.g. will they ask you to go down to the Valley/ South Bay), or are the interviews usually in SF? Thanks

Northwestern is a reach school for me, but with the fee waiver and my strong softs, I decided to bite the bullet!
did it before and it's in SF... I think it depends on where your interviewer works though.

ChiCityLove

New

Post by ChiCityLove » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:35 pm

Checking in. Applied ED. Now anxiously waiting!

ghostlyyy

New

Post by ghostlyyy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:55 pm

ChiCityLove wrote:Checking in. Applied ED. Now anxiously waiting!
Same here--any idea about how long between when you sent your ED cert and the box got checked off on the status checker?

LiveJustly390

New

Post by LiveJustly390 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:37 pm

ghostlyyy wrote:
ChiCityLove wrote:Checking in. Applied ED. Now anxiously waiting!
Same here--any idea about how long between when you sent your ED cert and the box got checked off on the status checker?
I think it took about a week for mine, but I'm not totally sure since I sent my ED cert at the same time as my other materials!

It would be amazing if we found out next week...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”