Olive Juice wrote:
Walliums wrote:Has anyone done the on-campus interview? Mine is next week!
Yes! I interviewed with a student, it was great. I think it's also possible to have it with an admissions person. I highly recommend doing the tour and sitting in on a class too, while you're there, if the schedule works with your interview time! That gave me a great feel for the school.
The interviewer had a pretty long list of questions to draw from, and seemed to be picking and choosing based on my resume. The expected stuff (Why NU, why law) and some job-interviewy type questions ("tell me about a time you've handled conflict at work"). Nothing too out of left field, and very friendly.
I also did one, and I second doing the tour (and would have done a class if I had time). I interviewed with an assistant admissions person, and it wasn't great. Very one sided, didn't feel like a conversation at all. Questions I can remember:
- Why law?
- Why NU?
- Tell me about yourself (how do you spend your time, etc.)
- Favorite and least favorite classes (I'm K-JD, so that might be for people still in undergrad)
- A time you were on a team
- A time you were on a team and it didn't go well (I thought it was odd that she made these two completely separate questions, but whatever)
- Are you organized?
- What's your biggest weakness?
- What is something you'd like the committee to know that isn't completely apparent on your application?
Hope that helps! The school is gorge, Chicago is very cool (visiting was my first time in the city), and the students seem really nice and collegial.