Do Schools Know Your Other $$ Offers?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
conker
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:44 pm

Do Schools Know Your Other $$ Offers?

Postby conker » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:42 am

Can you bluff or play a poker game with scholarship offers, or are these offers made public at least between schools?

This is not an ethical question but a technical one.

ETA: schools might require proof?

carsondalywashere
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:33 pm

Re: Do Schools Know Your Other $$ Offers?

Postby carsondalywashere » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:54 am

They will most likely ask for a copy of the award letter or a screenshot of it

User avatar
Mullens
Posts: 981
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:34 am

Re: Do Schools Know Your Other $$ Offers?

Postby Mullens » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:08 am

conker wrote:Can you bluff or play a poker game with scholarship offers, or are these offers made public at least between schools?

This is not an ethical question but a technical one.

ETA: schools might require proof?


This is an ethical question and a technical one. It is a technical question that has nothing but ethical implications. Schools do not know offers but they will require proof (in the form of a scholarship letter) to consider other scholarships. You gain nothing from bluffing other than the risk of pissing off admissions officers.

LurkerTurnedMember
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:31 am

Re: Do Schools Know Your Other $$ Offers?

Postby LurkerTurnedMember » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:19 pm

Mullens wrote:
conker wrote:Can you bluff or play a poker game with scholarship offers, or are these offers made public at least between schools?

This is not an ethical question but a technical one.

ETA: schools might require proof?


This is an ethical question and a technical one. It is a technical question that has nothing but ethical implications. Schools do not know offers but they will require proof (in the form of a scholarship letter) to consider other scholarships. You gain nothing from bluffing lying other than the risk of pissing off admissions officers.

conker
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:44 pm

Re: Do Schools Know Your Other $$ Offers?

Postby conker » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:26 pm

carsondalywashere wrote:They will most likely ask for a copy of the award letter or a screenshot of it


Got ya. Thanks.

conker
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:44 pm

Re: Do Schools Know Your Other $$ Offers?

Postby conker » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:31 pm

Mullens wrote:
conker wrote:Can you bluff or play a poker game with scholarship offers, or are these offers made public at least between schools?

This is not an ethical question but a technical one.

ETA: schools might require proof?


This is an ethical question and a technical one. It is a technical question that has nothing but ethical implications. Schools do not know offers but they will require proof (in the form of a scholarship letter) to consider other scholarships. You gain nothing from bluffing other than the risk of pissing off admissions officers.


I strictly limited to the technical part (see OP). Thanks for the extra bit, but you missed the scope.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: abcdenisse, jjdude14, SusanSays and 8 guests