Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

When are you planning to apply?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:01 pm

September 15, 00.01 AM
3
10%
September
5
17%
October
18
60%
November
2
7%
December
1
3%
January
1
3%
February
0
No votes
March or after
0
No votes
Wait... You have to apply to get in?
0
No votes
I was planning to apply around Nov-Dec, when my app will be perfect, but I will actually apply as soon as the first one here will post his admission, with an incomplete application, rushing the personal statement and forgetting the addenda I prepared carefully in advance.
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 30

fulbrightinmexico
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby fulbrightinmexico » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:33 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
lawlawlawzz wrote:To those who've been admitted, would you mind sharing your stats?

171/3.82


Did you receive any email notification? Cant get letters where I am so curious as to how I'll be able to find out. Thanks!

User avatar
virginia_direwoolf
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:41 am

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby virginia_direwoolf » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:56 pm

For those who have been asking, no email notification or updates in status checker. Also cannot access accepted students site. Letter is only communication thus far.

Went complete 9/26.

User avatar
Art_Vandelay_
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:30 am

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby Art_Vandelay_ » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:49 pm

Just came across this graph that breaks down the admissions decision timeline: http://mylsn.info/d/gulc/1617-NoED/

tmcauliffe96
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby tmcauliffe96 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:48 pm

Checking in!!! Probably gonna be in the YP pile

User avatar
InterLaw
Posts: 371
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:16 am

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby InterLaw » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:28 am

tmcauliffe96 wrote:Checking in!!! Probably gonna be in the YP pile


I may be wrong, but I don't think that GULC does any sort of YP

tmcauliffe96
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby tmcauliffe96 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:48 am

InterLaw wrote:
tmcauliffe96 wrote:Checking in!!! Probably gonna be in the YP pile


I may be wrong, but I don't think that GULC does any sort of YP


Oh great!!! That’s good to hear, thanks :)

User avatar
clemsonbill
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:40 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby clemsonbill » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:32 pm

Just submitted for an alumni interview. Right at the medians and didn't write any optional essays so I figured it'd be a good move to show interest.

subpoenacolada
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:25 am

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby subpoenacolada » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:42 pm

Letter has arrived in Arkansas. I'm in!

User avatar
AlPastor
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby AlPastor » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:44 pm

subpoenacolada wrote:Letter has arrived in Arkansas. I'm in!


Congrats!

Do you mind sharing when you submitted?

subpoenacolada
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:25 am

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby subpoenacolada » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:53 pm

AlPastor wrote:
subpoenacolada wrote:Letter has arrived in Arkansas. I'm in!


Congrats!

Do you mind sharing when you submitted?


I believe it was 9/20

User avatar
AlPastor
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby AlPastor » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:01 pm

subpoenacolada wrote:
I believe it was 9/20


Thanks!

lawlawlawzz
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:30 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby lawlawlawzz » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:10 pm

subpoenacolada wrote:Letter has arrived in Arkansas. I'm in!


Cogratulations! Mind sharing your stats?

Also, thank you to everyone who's already shared! Much appreciated points of reference for those of us still waiting!

User avatar
wannabegenius
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby wannabegenius » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:14 pm

Just got invited to do a group interview. The link to the survey won't open. Did anyone else have this problem? Also, who actually gets invited to interview? My stats are 164/3.93 so I kind of figured I'd be auto-ding/WL.

User avatar
PostNihilist
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:17 am

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby PostNihilist » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:19 pm

wannabegenius wrote:Just got invited to do a group interview. The link to the survey won't open. Did anyone else have this problem? Also, who actually gets invited to interview? My stats are 164/3.93 so I kind of figured I'd be auto-ding/WL.

When did you go complete? Also, your numbers don't look like an auto-ding, have you checked mylsn.info ??

subpoenacolada
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:25 am

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby subpoenacolada » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:32 pm

lawlawlawzz wrote:
subpoenacolada wrote:Letter has arrived in Arkansas. I'm in!


Cogratulations! Mind sharing your stats?

Also, thank you to everyone who's already shared! Much appreciated points of reference for those of us still waiting!


169/3.88/non-URM! Also didn't write any optional essays.

GULC4lyf
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby GULC4lyf » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:49 pm

Applied ED/Part-Time. Just got deferred. 161/3.58 :roll:

thehours
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:32 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby thehours » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:54 pm

Did everyone do the optional statements? The prompts feel impossible...

User avatar
AlPastor
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby AlPastor » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:59 pm

I did the Top 10 one.... It looks like it's most popular option here

carmtastic
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:06 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby carmtastic » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:20 pm

Do people also do Why Georgetowns Essay?

User avatar
Jack_Kelly
Posts: 803
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:52 am

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby Jack_Kelly » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:38 pm

AlPastor wrote:I did the Top 10 one.... It looks like it's most popular option here

How creative were people with this one? I did something fairly silly.

User avatar
wannabegenius
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby wannabegenius » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:36 pm

PostNihilist wrote:
wannabegenius wrote:Just got invited to do a group interview. The link to the survey won't open. Did anyone else have this problem? Also, who actually gets invited to interview? My stats are 164/3.93 so I kind of figured I'd be auto-ding/WL.

When did you go complete? Also, your numbers don't look like an auto-ding, have you checked mylsn.info ??


I don't see a complete date but I received a confirmation from them on the 22nd and it says "Application Completed" on my status checker now. And Hmmm maybe not ding because of my GPA but definitely thought they wouldn't bother with me because of my LSAT. I have checked mylsn but there is exactly 1 data point for my numbers in the past 4 cycles.

User avatar
AlPastor
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby AlPastor » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:57 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:
AlPastor wrote:I did the Top 10 one.... It looks like it's most popular option here

How creative were people with this one? I did something fairly silly.


I think I also got very creative and did something silly, albeit unique (hopefully).

We'll know soon if it worked...

inflammatorywrit
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:01 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby inflammatorywrit » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:17 am

Got the group interview invitation today. (Firstly, what on earth is a group interview? The idea of it gives me heartburn). But what's the general consensus on whether I actually have to do it to get in? (173, 3.95).

User avatar
wannabegenius
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby wannabegenius » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:41 pm

inflammatorywrit wrote:Got the group interview invitation today. (Firstly, what on earth is a group interview? The idea of it gives me heartburn). But what's the general consensus on whether I actually have to do it to get in? (173, 3.95).


Ok, so I'm not an expert on this because I also just got a group interview invite. I did some research on it and I'm finding that they try to group interview as many applicants they can reach. There is also some degree of consensus that those who are invited (vs. sign up on their own I guess) are typically either YP candidates or borderline candidates. With your numbers you might be a YP candidate so you would want to go in order to show interest or else they will assume you have no intention of actually attending and waitlist you.

In terms of the group interview itself, I think you will be subdivided into two groups. Within your small group you pretend that you are adcoms and you discuss which applicants you would accept and why, and you do this while a moderator is watching. I guess they're looking to eliminate people who are overbearingly obnoxious and others who are socially awkward (i.e. don't talk). I had to do something similar for TFA and I was absolutely dreading it. I'm an introvert and I absolutely hate class discussions with a fiery passion. Turns out the group interview was the most fun part and my own group handled it by taking turns talking -- going around in a circle -- so that everyone had a chance to speak their mind without being interrupted. Then as a group we politely debated. I got accepted and I'm sure others in my group did too. Anyway, I know this group interview will be different and potentially higher stakes, but I don't think you need to dread it unless you either can't control your urge to speak or you can't speak at all.

inflammatorywrit
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:01 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby inflammatorywrit » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:23 pm

wannabegenius wrote:
inflammatorywrit wrote:Got the group interview invitation today. (Firstly, what on earth is a group interview? The idea of it gives me heartburn). But what's the general consensus on whether I actually have to do it to get in? (173, 3.95).


Ok, so I'm not an expert on this because I also just got a group interview invite. I did some research on it and I'm finding that they try to group interview as many applicants they can reach. There is also some degree of consensus that those who are invited (vs. sign up on their own I guess) are typically either YP candidates or borderline candidates. With your numbers you might be a YP candidate so you would want to go in order to show interest or else they will assume you have no intention of actually attending and waitlist you.

In terms of the group interview itself, I think you will be subdivided into two groups. Within your small group you pretend that you are adcoms and you discuss which applicants you would accept and why, and you do this while a moderator is watching. I guess they're looking to eliminate people who are overbearingly obnoxious and others who are socially awkward (i.e. don't talk). I had to do something similar for TFA and I was absolutely dreading it. I'm an introvert and I absolutely hate class discussions with a fiery passion. Turns out the group interview was the most fun part and my own group handled it by taking turns talking -- going around in a circle -- so that everyone had a chance to speak their mind without being interrupted. Then as a group we politely debated. I got accepted and I'm sure others in my group did too. Anyway, I know this group interview will be different and potentially higher stakes, but I don't think you need to dread it unless you either can't control your urge to speak or you can't speak at all.


Thank you for this - super helpful. I just signed up :shock:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?), Bojack93, ceibatoostronk, Heluvsme23, maybeman, mliaw, monsterc_, newyork14, rowdy, theharleyquinn and 23 guests