Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

When are you planning to apply?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:01 pm

September 15, 00.01 AM
3
10%
September
5
17%
October
18
60%
November
2
7%
December
1
3%
January
1
3%
February
0
No votes
March or after
0
No votes
Wait... You have to apply to get in?
0
No votes
I was planning to apply around Nov-Dec, when my app will be perfect, but I will actually apply as soon as the first one here will post his admission, with an incomplete application, rushing the personal statement and forgetting the addenda I prepared carefully in advance.
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 30

User avatar
Dickens
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:22 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby Dickens » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:27 pm

rowdy wrote:
Dickens wrote:In! Date of letter = nov 6

When did you go complete?

Late September, interview was late October

mintygreen
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:28 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby mintygreen » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:57 am

Also in! Letter dated 11/6.

ugatvandy
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:51 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby ugatvandy » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:28 am

mintygreen wrote:Also in! Letter dated 11/6.


Awesome! Do you mind sharing which region you're located in?

mintygreen
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:28 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby mintygreen » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:33 am

ugatvandy wrote:
mintygreen wrote:Also in! Letter dated 11/6.


Awesome! Do you mind sharing which region you're located in?


Boston :)

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7751
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby Mikey » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:02 pm

thinking of some interesting things to have as the topic for my top ten list.. hmmm, I have some good ideas so far and think this can actually be kind of fun!

User avatar
usaorbust
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:13 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby usaorbust » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:36 pm

mintygreen wrote:
ugatvandy wrote:
mintygreen wrote:Also in! Letter dated 11/6.


Awesome! Do you mind sharing which region you're located in?


Boston :)


complete date?

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7751
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby Mikey » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:11 pm

So is it not typical for someone to write a Why GTown since there is no where for it on the app? Or do people just email it to them? I figure they don't really want an additional one since they only tell you to do ONE of the optional essays, neither of which are a Why GT. Wanted to do one but leaning against it. Already did one of the optional ones though. Thoughts?

User avatar
usaorbust
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:13 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby usaorbust » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:27 pm

Mikey wrote:So is it not typical for someone to write a Why GTown since there is no where for it on the app? Or do people just email it to them? I figure they don't really want an additional one since they only tell you to do ONE of the optional essays, neither of which are a Why GT. Wanted to do one but leaning against it. Already did one of the optional ones though. Thoughts?

I really like Gtown, but because it has the three optional essays I didn't write one and it seems they don't want one

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7751
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby Mikey » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:59 pm

usaorbust wrote:
Mikey wrote:So is it not typical for someone to write a Why GTown since there is no where for it on the app? Or do people just email it to them? I figure they don't really want an additional one since they only tell you to do ONE of the optional essays, neither of which are a Why GT. Wanted to do one but leaning against it. Already did one of the optional ones though. Thoughts?

I really like Gtown, but because it has the three optional essays I didn't write one and it seems they don't want one

alrighty thanks!

I actually kind of like GTown's approach to their optional essays because you can have fun with them as opposed to lots of other optional essays for other schools which are just more simple "why us?, explain a struggle and how you overcame it, etc". nothing wrong with that, but I like GTown's approach!

User avatar
AlPastor
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby AlPastor » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:29 pm

Mikey wrote:I actually kind of like GTown's approach to their optional essays because you can have fun with them as opposed to lots of other optional essays for other schools which are just more simple "why us?, explain a struggle and how you overcame it, etc". nothing wrong with that, but I like GTown's approach!


GULC's optional prompts were my favorite by far. I agree that it's a good idea to go with something fun/creative. It's also a good way to add a totally different aspect to your app!

It was definitely interesting to see Dean Cornblatt reference my top 10 in my letter, as opposed to the personal statement or DS

User avatar
heyduchess
Posts: 438
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:46 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby heyduchess » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:43 pm

AlPastor wrote:
Mikey wrote:I actually kind of like GTown's approach to their optional essays because you can have fun with them as opposed to lots of other optional essays for other schools which are just more simple "why us?, explain a struggle and how you overcame it, etc". nothing wrong with that, but I like GTown's approach!


GULC's optional prompts were my favorite by far. I agree that it's a good idea to go with something fun/creative. It's also a good way to add a totally different aspect to your app!

It was definitely interesting to see Dean Cornblatt reference my top 10 in my letter, as opposed to the personal statement or DS


Oh man. My 10 years essay was WILD. I have no idea how they'll feel about it haha. But I'd be SO HYPE if they referenced it in an acceptance.

User avatar
mwells56
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby mwells56 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:31 pm

Checking in finally

User avatar
Jack_Kelly
Posts: 853
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:52 am

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby Jack_Kelly » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:22 am

Alumni interview requested, advice?

aheimz
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:24 am

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby aheimz » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:28 am

Jack_Kelly wrote:Alumni interview requested, advice?



I had mine last week over FaceTime. Fairly casual - be prepared to ask why DC, Georgetown, and law in general. Asked me to pick a few points on my resume that I’m proudest of and talk about them. We had a lot in common when it came to non-profit work so the conversation was really natural - barely felt like an interview! Good luck - don’t overthink it!

aheimz
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:24 am

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby aheimz » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:29 am

Anyone who’s been admitted have an interview with an alum? Wondering how long after the interview before you were accepted

laowhynot109
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:55 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby laowhynot109 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:33 am

Overseas here, haven't received a letter or anything. However, my requirements list from the status checker now says "Official Final Undergraduate Transcript" and "Certification Form"...does this mean I'm in? My application has been "completed" since beginning of October

User avatar
TheKingLives
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:37 am

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby TheKingLives » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:43 am

laowhynot109 wrote:Overseas here, haven't received a letter or anything. However, my requirements list from the status checker now says "Official Final Undergraduate Transcript" and "Certification Form"...does this mean I'm in? My application has been "completed" since beginning of October

Interested in knowing the answer to this as well!

User avatar
GotLost
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:48 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby GotLost » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:00 pm

+1 to the alumni interview

bbwannabe
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:40 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby bbwannabe » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:05 pm

.
Last edited by bbwannabe on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
InterLaw
Posts: 400
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:16 am

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby InterLaw » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:05 pm

TheKingLives wrote:
laowhynot109 wrote:Overseas here, haven't received a letter or anything. However, my requirements list from the status checker now says "Official Final Undergraduate Transcript" and "Certification Form"...does this mean I'm in? My application has been "completed" since beginning of October

Interested in knowing the answer to this as well!


Well, I'm overseas, I was admitted and my status check is exactly like that, so...

User avatar
Jack_Kelly
Posts: 853
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:52 am

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby Jack_Kelly » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:11 pm

bbwannabe wrote:Those of you getting interview requests, when did you guys go complete?

Got status checker the 20th. I think it was complete first time I looked.

How does one read the tea leaves re: interviews? Is it a good sign? A bad sign? A they're-on-the-fence sign?

User avatar
urmlaw17
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby urmlaw17 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:06 pm

GotLost wrote:+1 to the alumni interview


You got an invite too?

User avatar
urmlaw17
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby urmlaw17 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:07 pm

bbwannabe wrote:Those of you getting interview requests, when did you guys go complete?


My status check doesn't have a complete date but my application was received on 10/20/2017.

User avatar
urmlaw17
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby urmlaw17 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:08 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:
bbwannabe wrote:Those of you getting interview requests, when did you guys go complete?

Got status checker the 20th. I think it was complete first time I looked.

How does one read the tea leaves re: interviews? Is it a good sign? A bad sign? A they're-on-the-fence sign?


I got an interview request today too. I sent my app on 10/19.

I have the same questions as you!

I am guessing it's not a bad sign lol

User avatar
Bush v. Gorgeous
Posts: 160
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:37 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby Bush v. Gorgeous » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:18 pm

Submitted right around the same time and no interview request. :cry:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”