UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What is your application status? (please update!!!)

Did not submit yet
7
3%
Submitted, incomplete
6
3%
Submitted, complete, not interviewed
83
38%
Submitted, complete, interviewed
40
18%
Accepted :D
49
22%
Waitlisted :roll:
29
13%
Rejected :cry:
4
2%
 
Total votes: 218

staggeringelephant

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 2:37 am

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby staggeringelephant » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:40 pm

Did any KJDs get accepted today?
LSAT>>75th GPA>50th, so I was kind of surprised to be waitlisted... :(
I guess I was overconfident...

User avatar
KENYADIGG1T

Bronze
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby KENYADIGG1T » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:41 pm

Got invited to interview...what does that mean? Asking for scholly reasons

38981928

Bronze
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:53 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby 38981928 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:42 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:Got invited to interview...what does that mean? Asking for scholly reasons


I'm pretty sure an interview is required for admission

User avatar
KENYADIGG1T

Bronze
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby KENYADIGG1T » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:42 pm

38981928 wrote:
KENYADIGG1T wrote:Got invited to interview...what does that mean? Asking for scholly reasons


I'm pretty sure an interview is required for admission


Oh! I thought it was only H that did that. Thanks!

wulfy10

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:10 am

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby wulfy10 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:42 pm

staggeringelephant wrote:Did any KJDs get accepted today?
LSAT>>75th GPA>50th, so I was kind of surprised to be waitlisted... :(
I guess I was overconfident...


I'm a K-JD and got accepted, LSAT and GPA >75

DowsingForAJD

New
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby DowsingForAJD » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:43 pm

.
Last edited by DowsingForAJD on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jkander31

Bronze
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:49 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby jkander31 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:50 pm

So honest q. Is Harvard's interview the same as UChicago in terms of its importance. I've heard that an early JS1 is a good sign that you'll get in (statistically) and Idk about UChicago. I know both are required. Sorry for being neuoritic

User avatar
maybeman

Bronze
Posts: 417
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:55 am

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby maybeman » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:52 pm

wulfy10 wrote:
staggeringelephant wrote:Did any KJDs get accepted today?
LSAT>>75th GPA>50th, so I was kind of surprised to be waitlisted... :(
I guess I was overconfident...


I'm a K-JD and got accepted, LSAT and GPA >75

For posterity: at/above both 75ths. KJD, waitlisted.

ella12

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:50 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby ella12 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:58 pm

maybeman wrote:
wulfy10 wrote:
staggeringelephant wrote:Did any KJDs get accepted today?
LSAT>>75th GPA>50th, so I was kind of surprised to be waitlisted... :(
I guess I was overconfident...


I'm a K-JD and got accepted, LSAT and GPA >75

For posterity: at/above both 75ths. KJD, waitlisted.


KJD, LSAT = 50th, 50th < GPA < 75th, accepted today. So sorry to everyone who was waitlisted/rejected :(

Edit: Surprised by some waitlists-- maybe yield protection? Very surprising considering the awesome stats we are seeing in waitlists

User avatar
#gobroncos

Bronze
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby #gobroncos » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:00 pm

maybeman wrote:
wulfy10 wrote:
staggeringelephant wrote:Did any KJDs get accepted today?
LSAT>>75th GPA>50th, so I was kind of surprised to be waitlisted... :(
I guess I was overconfident...


I'm a K-JD and got accepted, LSAT and GPA >75

For posterity: at/above both 75ths. KJD, waitlisted.


That is brutal. So sorry to hear that. Best of luck the rest of the way! Keep your head up. You’ll get killer options still!

38981928

Bronze
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:53 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby 38981928 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:03 pm

jkander31 wrote:So honest q. Is Harvard's interview the same as UChicago in terms of its importance. I've heard that an early JS1 is a good sign that you'll get in (statistically) and Idk about UChicago. I know both are required. Sorry for being neuoritic


I'm not sure for UChicago, though I will say that the HLS interview was wonderful and my interviewer was very pleasant/friendly/conversational and seemed to really be trying to get to know me / see how my goals and personality fit within HLS. My Chicago interviewer seemed to be reading off a list of questions and gave no response whatsoever minus some head nodding while typing. If she were *trying* to look like a robot rattling off questions, she succeeded! She also gave no indication that she read my file beyond my resume, so I have a feeling you just have to pass a certain stats/resume threshold to get interviewed.

OtisRedding24

New
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:13 am

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby OtisRedding24 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:04 pm

Waitlisted today. No surprise, between both 25 and 50s. Good luck everyone still waiting!

evanrn

New
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby evanrn » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:04 pm

Waitlisted. One year removed from undergrad. GPA <<25, 50 < LSAT < 75

kj4064

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:23 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby kj4064 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:07 pm

I still didn't get an email, but checked the status checker and it says admitted! Wondering what's up, but super excited

ella12

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:50 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby ella12 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:08 pm

kj4064 wrote:I still didn't get an email, but checked the status checker and it says admitted! Wondering what's up, but super excited


They send it to permanent emails, so it is a different email than the rest of the schools have for me... maybe that helps?

kj4064

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:23 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby kj4064 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:10 pm

ella12 wrote:
kj4064 wrote:I still didn't get an email, but checked the status checker and it says admitted! Wondering what's up, but super excited


They send it to permanent emails, so it is a different email than the rest of the schools have for me... maybe that helps?


Oh you're so right, I completely forgot about that. Thank you!!!!

LBishop

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:27 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby LBishop » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:17 pm

Just admitted via email. UR 4 on 1/16.

User avatar
demos9

New
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:09 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby demos9 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:18 pm

Waitlisted :/

Bummed as heck.

User avatar
maybeman

Bronze
Posts: 417
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:55 am

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby maybeman » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:21 pm

#gobroncos wrote:
maybeman wrote:
wulfy10 wrote:
staggeringelephant wrote:Did any KJDs get accepted today?
LSAT>>75th GPA>50th, so I was kind of surprised to be waitlisted... :(
I guess I was overconfident...


I'm a K-JD and got accepted, LSAT and GPA >75

For posterity: at/above both 75ths. KJD, waitlisted.


That is brutal. So sorry to hear that. Best of luck the rest of the way! Keep your head up. You’ll get killer options still!

Thanks:( I think this is a sign I need to take a year

dollarez

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby dollarez » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:37 pm

Congrats to those admitted!

Did anybody who didn't interview hear back/get waitlisted today? Or was this wave for only those who had their interviews already?

On a side note, really shocked to see people with great stats getting waitlisted today.. is it mostly KJDs or something completely random at play..?

chelseacarl4970

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby chelseacarl4970 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:41 pm

dollarez wrote:Congrats to those admitted!

Did anybody who didn't interview hear back/get waitlisted today? Or was this wave for only those who had their interviews already?

On a side note, really shocked to see people with great stats getting waitlisted today.. is it mostly KJDs or something completely random at play..?


I did not interview and got waitlisted

AaronCarter

Bronze
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:59 am

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby AaronCarter » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:43 pm

THEY LET ME IN. I'M IN SHOCK. LAWD JESUS.

shermy

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:23 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby shermy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:44 pm

38981928 wrote:
jkander31 wrote:So honest q. Is Harvard's interview the same as UChicago in terms of its importance. I've heard that an early JS1 is a good sign that you'll get in (statistically) and Idk about UChicago. I know both are required. Sorry for being neuoritic


I'm not sure for UChicago, though I will say that the HLS interview was wonderful and my interviewer was very pleasant/friendly/conversational and seemed to really be trying to get to know me / see how my goals and personality fit within HLS. My Chicago interviewer seemed to be reading off a list of questions and gave no response whatsoever minus some head nodding while typing. If she were *trying* to look like a robot rattling off questions, she succeeded! She also gave no indication that she read my file beyond my resume, so I have a feeling you just have to pass a certain stats/resume threshold to get interviewed.


+1 Felt exactly the same way about my Chicago interview vs. my HLS interview.
Last edited by shermy on Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
principalagent

Silver
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby principalagent » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:44 pm

AaronCarter wrote:THEY LET ME IN. I'M IN SHOCK. LAWD JESUS.


OH MY GOD!!!! YOU BETTA!!!

38981928

Bronze
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:53 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby 38981928 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:45 pm

AaronCarter wrote:THEY LET ME IN. I'M IN SHOCK. LAWD JESUS.


CONGRATS!



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sierra12 and 8 guests