UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What is your application status? (please update!!!)

Did not submit yet
7
3%
Submitted, incomplete
6
3%
Submitted, complete, not interviewed
84
38%
Submitted, complete, interviewed
40
18%
Accepted :D
49
22%
Waitlisted :roll:
29
13%
Rejected :cry:
4
2%
 
Total votes: 219

User avatar
Ironman btw

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:09 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Ironman btw » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:10 pm

etramak wrote:I haven't really been following this thread....I've been complete since 11/9. Should I be UR by now or do people go from complete right to interview request?


I wouldn't worry too much. I went complete pretty quickly, but then didn't go under review for like 2 weeks. It sounds like you went complete right around the time a huge wave of interview requests went out, so I figure it might take a bit of time for the next batches of URs and interviews. I got an interview request pretty soon after complete, but some people waited longer, and some people went straight to UR2 without interview request.

MonicaYoung_LOL

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby MonicaYoung_LOL » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:21 pm

Ironman btw wrote:
etramak wrote:I haven't really been following this thread....I've been complete since 11/9. Should I be UR by now or do people go from complete right to interview request?


I wouldn't worry too much. I went complete pretty quickly, but then didn't go under review for like 2 weeks. It sounds like you went complete right around the time a huge wave of interview requests went out, so I figure it might take a bit of time for the next batches of URs and interviews. I got an interview request pretty soon after complete, but some people waited longer, and some people went straight to UR2 without interview request.


Yeah, I've been UR2 since 10/31--no interview request. Do people think that's okay?? I am above 75th in LSAT and GPA.

latinxlawschool2020

New
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:34 am

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby latinxlawschool2020 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:39 am

principalagent wrote:Interview Request!!



congrats ! when did you apply, my app went under review Nov 6th or thats what the status checker says.. I am a bit worried >.<

User avatar
principalagent

Silver
Posts: 741
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby principalagent » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:59 am

latinxlawschool2020 wrote:
principalagent wrote:Interview Request!!



congrats ! when did you apply, my app went under review Nov 6th or thats what the status checker says.. I am a bit worried >.<


I applied in September and first went under review in October. They've only done one wave, so hang in there!

User avatar
andysimbi

Bronze
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:39 am

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby andysimbi » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:59 pm

Does anyone know how often interviews turn into admits vs dings? Or how much review happens before they decide to interview you?

etramak

Silver
Posts: 747
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 am

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby etramak » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:55 am

.
Last edited by etramak on Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dm1683

Silver
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby dm1683 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:53 pm

Had my interview today. Pretty late in the first cycle. Boilerplate stuff, although they asked who I thought time person of the year will be next year and i said robert mueller :D

User avatar
usaorbust

Bronze
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:13 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby usaorbust » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:11 pm

dm1683 wrote:Had my interview today. Pretty late in the first cycle. Boilerplate stuff, although they asked who I thought time person of the year will be next year and i said robert mueller :D

Savage

User avatar
soca_dancer

Bronze
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:13 am

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby soca_dancer » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:07 am

dm1683 wrote:Had my interview today. Pretty late in the first cycle. Boilerplate stuff, although they asked who I thought time person of the year will be next year and i said robert mueller :D


Hahahaha I love it

black_mirror

Bronze
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:01 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby black_mirror » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:01 am

Are we expecting an interview wave this week?

emx0824

New
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:35 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby emx0824 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:26 am

went UR 11/06 really hoping to have an interview invite this week

urbanlegend18

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:24 am

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby urbanlegend18 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:37 am

emx0824 wrote:went UR 11/06 really hoping to have an interview invite this week


Exact same here, here's to hoping! Haha

MonicaYoung_LOL

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby MonicaYoung_LOL » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:44 am

urbanlegend18 wrote:
emx0824 wrote:went UR 11/06 really hoping to have an interview invite this week


Exact same here, here's to hoping! Haha


+1, except I've been UR since 10/31.

jibrahim23

New
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:31 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby jibrahim23 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:53 pm

MonicaYoung_LOL wrote:
urbanlegend18 wrote:
emx0824 wrote:went UR 11/06 really hoping to have an interview invite this week


Exact same here, here's to hoping! Haha


+1, except I've been UR since 10/31.

+2 Same here, UR 10/31

black_mirror

Bronze
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:01 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby black_mirror » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:53 pm

jibrahim23 wrote:
MonicaYoung_LOL wrote:
urbanlegend18 wrote:
emx0824 wrote:went UR 11/06 really hoping to have an interview invite this week


Exact same here, here's to hoping! Haha


+1, except I've been UR since 10/31.

+2 Same here, UR 10/31

+180 UR 10/31 :)

User avatar
Bush v. Gorgeous

Bronze
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:37 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Bush v. Gorgeous » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:57 pm

UR since 10/23 here!

User avatar
mwells56

Silver
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby mwells56 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:34 pm

Under Review today.

Churner_throwaway-

New
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:57 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Churner_throwaway- » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:36 pm

mwells56 wrote:Under Review today.

UR1 or 2?

User avatar
mwells56

Silver
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby mwells56 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:36 pm

Churner_throwaway- wrote:
mwells56 wrote:Under Review today.

UR1 or 2?


1

allezallez21

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 9:07 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby allezallez21 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:06 pm

Finally submitted. Best of luck to everyone else.

User avatar
profdogwalker

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:50 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby profdogwalker » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:56 pm

Thoughts on when ED applicants will hear?
Last edited by profdogwalker on Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pizzapocky

New
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:06 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby pizzapocky » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:11 pm

Just got interview invite by email.
Applied RD
Completed: early Oct.
UR1: 10/31/17
Stats in profile.

Good luck everyone!

DowsingForAJD

New
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby DowsingForAJD » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:29 pm

Interview requested here as well, also UR1 10/31.

50th < LSAT < 75th

GPA > 75th
Last edited by DowsingForAJD on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cwasser3

Bronze
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:44 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby cwasser3 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:40 pm

DowsingForAJD wrote:Interview requested here as well, also UR1 10/31.

50th < LSAT < 75th

GPA > 75th


I got an interview request. UR1 10/31 too

25<LSAT<50

GPA> 75

SuckMyLSN

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:50 pm

Re: UChicago c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby SuckMyLSN » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:59 pm

Interview request as well. Both over 75th, submitted in October



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TheLaw1995 and 11 guests