UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your app status?

In with scholly!
22
12%
In, no scholly yet...
30
16%
Waitlisted
11
6%
Dinged
3
2%
Ghosted
113
61%
Eww I didn't apply
5
3%
 
Total votes: 184

tmcauliffe96

Bronze
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby tmcauliffe96 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:58 am

dallinpackard wrote:
Churner_throwaway- wrote:
dallinpackard wrote:120k scholarship!!! 3.61 172 non-urm. It has a 2.7 GPA minimum, not sure how leery of that I should be.

Good luck to all this cycle! I'm rooting you on:)


How did they notify you?


It came in the in a letter that was part of a large envelope that I haven't finished looking through yet


Congrats!! :) Did anything on the status checker change before you got the envelope in the mail?

theharleyquinn

New
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:47 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby theharleyquinn » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:00 pm

Checking in...submitted in the early AM hours today and am UR1.

dallinpackard

New
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:27 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby dallinpackard » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:05 pm

tmcauliffe96 wrote:
dallinpackard wrote:
Churner_throwaway- wrote:
dallinpackard wrote:120k scholarship!!! 3.61 172 non-urm. It has a 2.7 GPA minimum, not sure how leery of that I should be.

Good luck to all this cycle! I'm rooting you on:)


How did they notify you?


It came in the in a letter that was part of a large envelope that I haven't finished looking through yet


Congrats!! :) Did anything on the status checker change before you got the envelope in the mail?


I was admitted via email on the 16th, and the checker switched to admitted on the 17th, but I got the scholarship offer with my "official" acceptance letter just last night. I don't think the status checker indicated scholarships.

etramak

Silver
Posts: 747
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 am

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby etramak » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:22 pm

.
Last edited by etramak on Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tmcauliffe96

Bronze
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby tmcauliffe96 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:26 pm

etramak wrote:Are there UVA interviews/dinners happening in NY that I am not hearing about? I would prefer this to a skype interview. That is, if they offer me an interview


I've been waiting for the same thing! I'd love to go to a dinner in NY but unfortunately I don't think there's been any

Hstrat

Bronze
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:30 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Hstrat » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:23 pm

Bojack93 wrote:
Hstrat wrote:Ugh. 3.5/177, I went UR2 on 11/9 and have gotten radio silence since then... that's got to mean waitlist


Does anyone who posts stuff like this actually think they're getting waitlisted or just need people to tell them otherwise? There are a million people on every thread who have been waiting for months with numbers that will likely get them in eventually. This thread is especially laden with them. It's not even December yet. Everyone chill.


LSN shows about as many waitlists as acceptances with my stats. Not saying I'd necessarily be rejected at the end, but it's my top choice so it would be nice to get through the process a little quicker.

User avatar
ilpsm

Bronze
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:14 am

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby ilpsm » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:21 pm

etramak wrote:Are there UVA interviews/dinners happening in NY that I am not hearing about? I would prefer this to a skype interview. That is, if they offer me an interview


I was invited to one next week, but I was already admitted
Last edited by ilpsm on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Student of Law

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:25 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Student of Law » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:14 am

dallinpackard wrote:120k scholarship!!! 3.61 172 non-urm. It has a 2.7 GPA minimum, not sure how leery of that I should be.

Good luck to all this cycle! I'm rooting you on:)


You should not be the slightest bit leery. 2.7 is the minimum GPA to remain in good academic standing. If you go that low, you would not need the scholarship because you would be kicked out of the law school. But don't fear: You would have to try to get a GPA that low. The scholarship is guaranteed.

User avatar
demos9

New
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:09 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby demos9 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:44 am

dallinpackard wrote:
Churner_throwaway- wrote:
dallinpackard wrote:120k scholarship!!! 3.61 172 non-urm. It has a 2.7 GPA minimum, not sure how leery of that I should be.

Good luck to all this cycle! I'm rooting you on:)


How did they notify you?


It came in the in a letter that was part of a large envelope that I haven't finished looking through yet


Is that the same large envelope that comes with the viewbook looking folder thing? :shock:

I got the same but without any scholarship info.. :/

User avatar
principalagent

Silver
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby principalagent » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:48 am

demos9 wrote:Is that the same large envelope that comes with the viewbook looking folder thing? :shock:

I got the same but without any scholarship info.. :/


Yeah it comes in that.

If you didn’t get any in your mailing, I would hold tight. The bulk of the funds will be distributed in January and February.

User avatar
demos9

New
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:09 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby demos9 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:50 am

principalagent wrote:
demos9 wrote:Is that the same large envelope that comes with the viewbook looking folder thing? :shock:

I got the same but without any scholarship info.. :/


Yeah it comes in that.

If you didn’t get any in your mailing, I would hold tight. The bulk of the funds will be distributed in January and February.


Ahh that's what I thought. I got another letter suggesting the same yesterday. Guess I shouldn't hold my breath for that Dillard!

User avatar
Cogburn1984

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:00 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Cogburn1984 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:57 am

In via status checker!

Complete 11/6, Interviewed 11/30, Stats: 3.2/ 171, Non-URM, VA Resident.

So hyped.

tmcauliffe96

Bronze
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby tmcauliffe96 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:00 am

Cogburn1984 wrote:In via status checker!

Complete 11/6, Interviewed 11/30, Stats: 3.2/ 171, Non-URM, VA Resident.

So hyped.


Congrats!! Good for you! :)

wulfy10

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:10 am

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby wulfy10 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:04 am

Does anyone get admitted without an interview? Or does your status checker going from UR1 to UR2 without one automatically mean a ding?

tmcauliffe96

Bronze
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby tmcauliffe96 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:05 am

wulfy10 wrote:Does anyone get admitted without an interview? Or does your status checker going from UR1 to UR2 without one automatically mean a ding?


There are definitely people who get in without an interview, and a lot don't get requests until after UR2, don't worry at all

wulfy10

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:10 am

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby wulfy10 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:14 am

tmcauliffe96 wrote:
wulfy10 wrote:Does anyone get admitted without an interview? Or does your status checker going from UR1 to UR2 without one automatically mean a ding?


There are definitely people who get in without an interview, and a lot don't get requests until after UR2, don't worry at all


Thank you so much, this is extremely reassuring.

PWADatUNC

New
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:13 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby PWADatUNC » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:31 am

Cogburn1984 wrote:In via status checker!

Complete 11/6, Interviewed 11/30, Stats: 3.2/ 171, Non-URM, VA Resident.

So hyped.


I’m hoping to get my interview soon! I’m also a VA resident, went complete 11/8, stats just above yours. Did you see any movement before the interview? I’ve been UR1 since 11/8

User avatar
Cogburn1984

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:00 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Cogburn1984 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:54 am

PWADatUNC wrote:
Cogburn1984 wrote:In via status checker!

Complete 11/6, Interviewed 11/30, Stats: 3.2/ 171, Non-URM, VA Resident.

So hyped.


I’m hoping to get my interview soon! I’m also a VA resident, went complete 11/8, stats just above yours. Did you see any movement before the interview? I’ve been UR1 since 11/8


I was UR1 since 11/7 and it did not change at all throughout the process. Never went UR2, interview was requested on Wednesday while I was still UR1.

dallinpackard

New
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:27 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby dallinpackard » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:29 pm

Student of Law wrote:
dallinpackard wrote:120k scholarship!!! 3.61 172 non-urm. It has a 2.7 GPA minimum, not sure how leery of that I should be.

Good luck to all this cycle! I'm rooting you on:)


You should not be the slightest bit leery. 2.7 is the minimum GPA to remain in good academic standing. If you go that low, you would not need the scholarship because you would be kicked out of the law school. But don't fear: You would have to try to get a GPA that low. The scholarship is guaranteed.


Thanks for the reassurement:p That's what I've been hearing, so this is very good news! Thanks for the confirmation!

tmcauliffe96

Bronze
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby tmcauliffe96 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:45 pm

ilpsm wrote:
etramak wrote:Are there UVA interviews/dinners happening in NY that I am not hearing about? I would prefer this to a skype interview. That is, if they offer me an interview


I was invited to one next week, but I was already admitted


Really? Do you mind sharing if it's in NYC or somewhere upstate? I haven't heard of any New York ones

MonicaYoung_LOL

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby MonicaYoung_LOL » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:03 pm

Starting to get antsy... submitted my application 10/17, and it's been UR1 since 10/20. I sent in a "Why UVA" recently, but still no movement... Worried I might be YP'ed, as I'm at 75th in GPA, above 75th in LSAT.

User avatar
ilpsm

Bronze
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:14 am

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby ilpsm » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:52 pm

tmcauliffe96 wrote:
ilpsm wrote:
etramak wrote:Are there UVA interviews/dinners happening in NY that I am not hearing about? I would prefer this to a skype interview. That is, if they offer me an interview


I was invited to one next week, but I was already admitted


Really? Do you mind sharing if it's in NYC or somewhere upstate? I haven't heard of any New York ones


It's in Manhattan! Not sure where yet though or if I can even go because of work.
Last edited by ilpsm on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bush v. Gorgeous

Bronze
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:37 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Bush v. Gorgeous » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:19 pm

MonicaYoung_LOL wrote:Starting to get antsy... submitted my application 10/17, and it's been UR1 since 10/20. I sent in a "Why UVA" recently, but still no movement... Worried I might be YP'ed, as I'm at 75th in GPA, above 75th in LSAT.


I'm sure there's still lots of time and you'll hear soon - there just doesn't seem to be much in the way of rhyme or reason on wait times. I submitted at a similar time and haven't heard yet, but going to a reception next week. Above both 75ths. (So you could get YPed but not necessarily the case.)

User avatar
wannabegenius

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby wannabegenius » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:06 pm

Guys, I just finished my interview. I definitely rambled more than I wanted to and said "like" a lot even though I had answers prepared.... Anyway here's to hoping that didn't completely ruin my chances.

Just for everyone who hasn't done an interview: It's super causal and friendly, and they really try to put you at ease (I just have an anxiety disorder, but you all won't have to be awkward like me). Lasts about 20-25 minutes and my interviewer asked about particular points on my resume and mentioned my personal statement. Also, even if you don't have an interview coming up, my interviewer made a point to tell me that the admissions committee will be busy/out of the office all next week so don't worry if you don't hear anything.

cwasser3

Bronze
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:44 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby cwasser3 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:42 pm

For anyone that is going to/ has been to one of the UVA law receptions, what did you wear/ see women wear? Thanks!



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests