UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your app status?

In with scholly!
23
12%
In, no scholly yet...
30
16%
Waitlisted
13
7%
Dinged
3
2%
Ghosted
112
60%
Eww I didn't apply
6
3%
 
Total votes: 187

User avatar
xinaialice

New
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:57 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby xinaialice » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:23 pm

Was anyone invited for an interview last week or this week? My app went completed 9/28, and I am wondering when should I expect an interview if things go well.... :shock: :shock:

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Platopus » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:31 pm

.
Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
urmlaw17

Bronze
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby urmlaw17 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:38 pm

I submitted my apps yesterday. I'll I've heard is about the status checker! Wish me good luck.

User avatar
virginia_direwoolf

Bronze
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:41 am

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby virginia_direwoolf » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:58 pm

Platopus wrote:
xinaialice wrote:Was anyone invited for an interview last week or this week? My app went completed 9/28, and I am wondering when should I expect an interview if things go well.... :shock: :shock:


I went complete 9/26 and I'm above 75th's - I haven't heard a peep yet so don't think you're alone!


My stats aren't quite as good but I went complete and UR1 9/26 and UR2 9/29 and haven't heard anything yet...kinda making me anxious
Last edited by virginia_direwoolf on Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
principalagent

Silver
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby principalagent » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:09 pm

Went complete/1/2 the same week as Platopus and Virginia. Silent here too.

User avatar
AlPastor

Bronze
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby AlPastor » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:15 pm

Complete/UR1 since 9/27... radio silence as well

cwasser3

Bronze
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:44 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby cwasser3 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:48 pm

AlPastor wrote:Complete/UR1 since 9/27... radio silence as well


Glad I'm not the only one. UR1 since 10/2.

twtwtwtw

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:41 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby twtwtwtw » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:15 am

virginia_direwoolf wrote:
Platopus wrote:
xinaialice wrote:Was anyone invited for an interview last week or this week? My app went completed 9/28, and I am wondering when should I expect an interview if things go well.... :shock: :shock:


I went complete 9/26 and I'm above 75th's - I haven't heard a peep yet so don't think you're alone!


My stats are quite as good but I went complete and UR1 9/26 and UR2 9/29 and haven't heard anything yet...kinda making me anxious


Same boat. UR1 9/4 UR2 9/22. I didn't write a Why UVA tho, did you guys submit one?

User avatar
InterLaw

Bronze
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:16 am

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby InterLaw » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:34 am

twtwtwtw wrote:
virginia_direwoolf wrote:
Platopus wrote:
xinaialice wrote:Was anyone invited for an interview last week or this week? My app went completed 9/28, and I am wondering when should I expect an interview if things go well.... :shock: :shock:


I went complete 9/26 and I'm above 75th's - I haven't heard a peep yet so don't think you're alone!


My stats are quite as good but I went complete and UR1 9/26 and UR2 9/29 and haven't heard anything yet...kinda making me anxious


Same boat. UR1 9/4 UR2 9/22. I didn't write a Why UVA tho, did you guys submit one?


UR since 9/25, nothing after that. I wrote a Why UVA...

User avatar
principalagent

Silver
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby principalagent » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:46 am

twtwtwtw wrote:Same boat. UR1 9/4 UR2 9/22. I didn't write a Why UVA tho, did you guys submit one?


I wrote a Why UVA. Don’t have stats above both 75ths though.

User avatar
AlPastor

Bronze
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby AlPastor » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:08 am

Wrote a Why UVA + DS

User avatar
virginia_direwoolf

Bronze
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:41 am

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby virginia_direwoolf » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:29 am

Didn't write a Why UVA, kinda figured that was what the interview was for but it seems I've miscalculated this thing

NavyNuke

Bronze
Posts: 321
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby NavyNuke » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:36 am

virginia_direwoolf wrote:Didn't write a Why UVA, kinda figured that was what the interview was for but it seems I've miscalculated this thing


Most people write them for MVPD. But don't worry everyone! We will see more movement soon. Keep the faith!

*Returns to anxiously checking email every 5 secs*

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Platopus » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:37 am

.
Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rachelac

Bronze
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:45 am

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby rachelac » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:45 am

.
Last edited by rachelac on Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
xinaialice

New
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:57 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby xinaialice » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:09 pm

InterLaw wrote:
twtwtwtw wrote:
virginia_direwoolf wrote:
Platopus wrote:
xinaialice wrote:Was anyone invited for an interview last week or this week? My app went completed 9/28, and I am wondering when should I expect an interview if things go well.... :shock: :shock:


I went complete 9/26 and I'm above 75th's - I haven't heard a peep yet so don't think you're alone!


My stats are quite as good but I went complete and UR1 9/26 and UR2 9/29 and haven't heard anything yet...kinda making me anxious


Same boat. UR1 9/4 UR2 9/22. I didn't write a Why UVA tho, did you guys submit one?


UR since 9/25, nothing after that. I wrote a Why UVA...


I wrote both DS and Why UVA…

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:56 pm

NavyNuke wrote:
virginia_direwoolf wrote:Didn't write a Why UVA, kinda figured that was what the interview was for but it seems I've miscalculated this thing


Most people write them for MVPD. But don't worry everyone! We will see more movement soon. Keep the faith!

While most on TLS seem to do so, I'm not sure if that is true of the general population of applicants.

NavyNuke

Bronze
Posts: 321
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby NavyNuke » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:14 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
NavyNuke wrote:
virginia_direwoolf wrote:Didn't write a Why UVA, kinda figured that was what the interview was for but it seems I've miscalculated this thing


Most people write them for MVPD. But don't worry everyone! We will see more movement soon. Keep the faith!

While most on TLS seem to do so, I'm not sure if that is true of the general population of applicants.

Yeah my response was poorly worded...all i meant was I think TLS conventional wisdom is write one if you have a sincere reason. Wasn't trying to pass myself off as someone with any knowledge as to the percentage of applicants to uva that submit a why uva essay...

User avatar
urmlaw17

Bronze
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby urmlaw17 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:18 pm

I am Under Review since 10/10/17 LOL

User avatar
SopranoSaxophone

Bronze
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:40 am

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby SopranoSaxophone » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:06 pm

UR2 as of today! Hopefully that means a decision is soon.

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Platopus » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:13 pm

.
Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SopranoSaxophone

Bronze
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:40 am

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby SopranoSaxophone » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:30 pm

Platopus wrote:
SopranoSaxophone wrote:UR2 as of today! Hopefully that means a decision is soon.


Did you write a Why UVA? Were #'s twins, and it looks like you applied after me :cry:


I did. I can't say it was the most brilliant piece of writing I've ever written, but I tried to sound sincere and talk about clinics that interested me.

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Platopus » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:34 pm

.
Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rowdy

Bronze
Posts: 495
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby rowdy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:59 pm

SopranoSaxophone wrote:UR2 as of today! Hopefully that means a decision is soon.


Does it say this on the status checker or do they email you?

User avatar
Jack_Kelly

Silver
Posts: 900
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:52 am

Re: UVA c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Jack_Kelly » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:22 pm

Under review :shock:



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests