NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What is your current status? (pick 2)

UR1 since Sept-Oct
4
1%
UR1 since Nov
7
2%
UR1 since Dec-Jan
53
15%
UR2 since Oct
5
1%
UR2 since Nov
6
2%
UR2 since Dec-Jan
96
27%
Accepted (congrats but gtfo)
67
19%
Email ("hold tight")
56
16%
No Email (''hold tight")
61
17%
I didn't even apply yet bruh
6
2%
 
Total votes: 361

BL2017

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:17 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby BL2017 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:53 am

usaorbust wrote:last year it seemed like a decent handful of people that went UR2 11/28 or 11/27 got DLS on Dec 1st


Interesting. I'm wondering when the first dings were last year. Isn't there a way to look that up on LSN?

subpoenacolada

Bronze
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:25 am

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby subpoenacolada » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:05 am

BL2017 wrote:
usaorbust wrote:last year it seemed like a decent handful of people that went UR2 11/28 or 11/27 got DLS on Dec 1st


Interesting. I'm wondering when the first dings were last year. Isn't there a way to look that up on LSN?


It's been at the beginning of February the last few cycles, I believe.

User avatar
InterLaw

Bronze
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:16 am

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby InterLaw » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:08 am

EnglishApplicant2017 wrote:
InterLaw wrote:Still UR1, still since 9/23...

This smells like a ding, right? :|


I'm also UR1 (since 10/30). Maybe they're just waiting a little bit on internationals/those without GPAs or processing them in a different pool. Don't really know why they'd just ding us out of hand, especially considering that NYU quite likes internationals.

Also, a couple of people have reported that they went straight to DLS from UR1 so its more difficult to tell what UR1/UR2/UR3 mean for NYU than for other schools.

I suppose I'm ever the optimist so feel free to ignore.


I would agree with you if we were just close on app timing, but I have 1 month and 1 week of UR more than you :cry:

However, yeah I really think they want to screen the early international applicants all together, hopefully before christmas. It makes sense, when you receive a lot on int'l apps!

User avatar
virginia_direwoolf

Bronze
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:41 am

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby virginia_direwoolf » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:31 am

InterLaw wrote:Still UR1, still since 9/23...

This smells like a ding, right? :|


I'm still UR1 since 9/26 and in my heart I know everything's electronic but I feel like my app got stuck behind the filing cabinet or something

User avatar
PostNihilist

Bronze
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:17 am

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby PostNihilist » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:43 am

BL2017 wrote:
usaorbust wrote:last year it seemed like a decent handful of people that went UR2 11/28 or 11/27 got DLS on Dec 1st


Interesting. I'm wondering when the first dings were last year. Isn't there a way to look that up on LSN?

http://mylsn.info/d/nyu/1617-NoED/

DowsingForAJD

New
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby DowsingForAJD » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:34 pm

Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:
tmcauliffe96 wrote:
SopranoSaxophone wrote:Above 75th% for LSAT and GPA. I've been UR1 since mid-October. Starting to get nervous!


+1


+2. So subtext = you should give little thought to UR1 vs. UR2 vs. UR3. It is so early still.


I'm "UR 2" but have been there for a while and am in the same position numbers wise. There are a lot of us that haven't heard yet so hopefully we'll be taken care of in the next wave!
Last edited by DowsingForAJD on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
wannabegenius

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby wannabegenius » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:44 pm

14141453 wrote:I would venture to guess that UR1/2 is meaningful for some and not so for others. It seems like for people either over both 75ths or way over one or the other going UR1 to admit is a distinct possibility. It also seems like last year's first two waves of admits contained only such people, many of whom reported going straight from UR1 to admit, and that seems to be the case again this year. Last year's third wave of admits included lots of September-early October applicants who weren't necessarily shoe-ins. If I had to guess, I don't think it's a coincidence that a lot of people went UR2 on the eve of the third wave. Not saying I think all of us who did will get in this week or even at all, just think they probably ruled us out of the first couple of waves as soon as we applied and are now considering us for the upcoming waves


Okay, I don't mean to be that guy, but could you elaborate on what you speculate this means for someone who is likely an auto-ding applicant? Like others I just went UR2, but everyone else in the UR2 pool seems more like an auto-admit. So I guess I'm not sure what you mean by any of this.

BL2017

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:17 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby BL2017 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:53 pm

wannabegenius wrote:
14141453 wrote:I would venture to guess that UR1/2 is meaningful for some and not so for others. It seems like for people either over both 75ths or way over one or the other going UR1 to admit is a distinct possibility. It also seems like last year's first two waves of admits contained only such people, many of whom reported going straight from UR1 to admit, and that seems to be the case again this year. Last year's third wave of admits included lots of September-early October applicants who weren't necessarily shoe-ins. If I had to guess, I don't think it's a coincidence that a lot of people went UR2 on the eve of the third wave. Not saying I think all of us who did will get in this week or even at all, just think they probably ruled us out of the first couple of waves as soon as we applied and are now considering us for the upcoming waves


Okay, I don't mean to be that guy, but could you elaborate on what you speculate this means for someone who is likely an auto-ding applicant? Like others I just went UR2, but everyone else in the UR2 pool seems more like an auto-admit. So I guess I'm not sure what you mean by any of this.


Why do you think you're an auto ding applicant? You're above their median GPA. Maybe they can use you to offset a splitter they admit.

User avatar
wannabegenius

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby wannabegenius » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:55 pm

BL2017 wrote:
wannabegenius wrote:
14141453 wrote:I would venture to guess that UR1/2 is meaningful for some and not so for others. It seems like for people either over both 75ths or way over one or the other going UR1 to admit is a distinct possibility. It also seems like last year's first two waves of admits contained only such people, many of whom reported going straight from UR1 to admit, and that seems to be the case again this year. Last year's third wave of admits included lots of September-early October applicants who weren't necessarily shoe-ins. If I had to guess, I don't think it's a coincidence that a lot of people went UR2 on the eve of the third wave. Not saying I think all of us who did will get in this week or even at all, just think they probably ruled us out of the first couple of waves as soon as we applied and are now considering us for the upcoming waves


Okay, I don't mean to be that guy, but could you elaborate on what you speculate this means for someone who is likely an auto-ding applicant? Like others I just went UR2, but everyone else in the UR2 pool seems more like an auto-admit. So I guess I'm not sure what you mean by any of this.


Why do you think you're an auto ding applicant? You're above their median GPA. Maybe they can use you to offset a splitter they admit.


Because my LSAT is below the 25th lol. By a lot. But yeah, I'm over their 75th GPA. I also heard that they're more splitter friendly than reverse splitter friendly.

User avatar
thepsychedelic

Bronze
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:28 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby thepsychedelic » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:49 pm

any chance there’s a wave today or is it too late? trying to figure out if i should stop wildly refreshing the status checker (not that i will)
Last edited by thepsychedelic on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
usaorbust

Bronze
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:13 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby usaorbust » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:55 pm

thepsychedelic wrote:any chance there’s a wave today or is it too late? trying to figure out if i should stop wildly refreshing the status checker (not that i will)

my bet is on the 1st.

14141453

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:17 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby 14141453 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:51 pm

wannabegenius wrote:
BL2017 wrote:
wannabegenius wrote:
14141453 wrote:I would venture to guess that UR1/2 is meaningful for some and not so for others. It seems like for people either over both 75ths or way over one or the other going UR1 to admit is a distinct possibility. It also seems like last year's first two waves of admits contained only such people, many of whom reported going straight from UR1 to admit, and that seems to be the case again this year. Last year's third wave of admits included lots of September-early October applicants who weren't necessarily shoe-ins. If I had to guess, I don't think it's a coincidence that a lot of people went UR2 on the eve of the third wave. Not saying I think all of us who did will get in this week or even at all, just think they probably ruled us out of the first couple of waves as soon as we applied and are now considering us for the upcoming waves


Okay, I don't mean to be that guy, but could you elaborate on what you speculate this means for someone who is likely an auto-ding applicant? Like others I just went UR2, but everyone else in the UR2 pool seems more like an auto-admit. So I guess I'm not sure what you mean by any of this.


Why do you think you're an auto ding applicant? You're above their median GPA. Maybe they can use you to offset a splitter they admit.


Because my LSAT is below the 25th lol. By a lot. But yeah, I'm over their 75th GPA. I also heard that they're more splitter friendly than reverse splitter friendly.


You're not an auto-ding, last year several people with similar and even slightly worse stats were admitted as early as the third and fourth waves. At the same time this swath of UR2s does seem really broad and the more people who chime in saying it happened to them, the less significant it seems

User avatar
wannabegenius

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby wannabegenius » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:07 pm

14141453 wrote:
wannabegenius wrote:
BL2017 wrote:
wannabegenius wrote:
14141453 wrote:I would venture to guess that UR1/2 is meaningful for some and not so for others. It seems like for people either over both 75ths or way over one or the other going UR1 to admit is a distinct possibility. It also seems like last year's first two waves of admits contained only such people, many of whom reported going straight from UR1 to admit, and that seems to be the case again this year. Last year's third wave of admits included lots of September-early October applicants who weren't necessarily shoe-ins. If I had to guess, I don't think it's a coincidence that a lot of people went UR2 on the eve of the third wave. Not saying I think all of us who did will get in this week or even at all, just think they probably ruled us out of the first couple of waves as soon as we applied and are now considering us for the upcoming waves


Okay, I don't mean to be that guy, but could you elaborate on what you speculate this means for someone who is likely an auto-ding applicant? Like others I just went UR2, but everyone else in the UR2 pool seems more like an auto-admit. So I guess I'm not sure what you mean by any of this.


Why do you think you're an auto ding applicant? You're above their median GPA. Maybe they can use you to offset a splitter they admit.


Because my LSAT is below the 25th lol. By a lot. But yeah, I'm over their 75th GPA. I also heard that they're more splitter friendly than reverse splitter friendly.


You're not an auto-ding, last year several people with similar and even slightly worse stats were admitted as early as the third and fourth waves. At the same time this swath of UR2s does seem really broad and the more people who chime in saying it happened to them, the less significant it seems


Thanks for the added boost of confidence! I'm not trying to be woe-is-me, but I just keep hearing how my LSAT score is auto-ding worthy at the T10 since I'm a K-JD and a non-URM.

tmcauliffe96

Bronze
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby tmcauliffe96 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:47 pm

wannabegenius wrote:
14141453 wrote:
wannabegenius wrote:
BL2017 wrote:
wannabegenius wrote:
14141453 wrote:I would venture to guess that UR1/2 is meaningful for some and not so for others. It seems like for people either over both 75ths or way over one or the other going UR1 to admit is a distinct possibility. It also seems like last year's first two waves of admits contained only such people, many of whom reported going straight from UR1 to admit, and that seems to be the case again this year. Last year's third wave of admits included lots of September-early October applicants who weren't necessarily shoe-ins. If I had to guess, I don't think it's a coincidence that a lot of people went UR2 on the eve of the third wave. Not saying I think all of us who did will get in this week or even at all, just think they probably ruled us out of the first couple of waves as soon as we applied and are now considering us for the upcoming waves


Okay, I don't mean to be that guy, but could you elaborate on what you speculate this means for someone who is likely an auto-ding applicant? Like others I just went UR2, but everyone else in the UR2 pool seems more like an auto-admit. So I guess I'm not sure what you mean by any of this.


Why do you think you're an auto ding applicant? You're above their median GPA. Maybe they can use you to offset a splitter they admit.


Because my LSAT is below the 25th lol. By a lot. But yeah, I'm over their 75th GPA. I also heard that they're more splitter friendly than reverse splitter friendly.


You're not an auto-ding, last year several people with similar and even slightly worse stats were admitted as early as the third and fourth waves. At the same time this swath of UR2s does seem really broad and the more people who chime in saying it happened to them, the less significant it seems


Thanks for the added boost of confidence! I'm not trying to be woe-is-me, but I just keep hearing how my LSAT score is auto-ding worthy at the T10 since I'm a K-JD and a non-URM.


I wouldn't say you're an auto-ding either! Don't give up hope just yet!

User avatar
wannabegenius

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby wannabegenius » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:38 pm

tmcauliffe96 wrote:
wannabegenius wrote:
14141453 wrote:
wannabegenius wrote:
BL2017 wrote:
wannabegenius wrote:
14141453 wrote:I would venture to guess that UR1/2 is meaningful for some and not so for others. It seems like for people either over both 75ths or way over one or the other going UR1 to admit is a distinct possibility. It also seems like last year's first two waves of admits contained only such people, many of whom reported going straight from UR1 to admit, and that seems to be the case again this year. Last year's third wave of admits included lots of September-early October applicants who weren't necessarily shoe-ins. If I had to guess, I don't think it's a coincidence that a lot of people went UR2 on the eve of the third wave. Not saying I think all of us who did will get in this week or even at all, just think they probably ruled us out of the first couple of waves as soon as we applied and are now considering us for the upcoming waves


Okay, I don't mean to be that guy, but could you elaborate on what you speculate this means for someone who is likely an auto-ding applicant? Like others I just went UR2, but everyone else in the UR2 pool seems more like an auto-admit. So I guess I'm not sure what you mean by any of this.


Why do you think you're an auto ding applicant? You're above their median GPA. Maybe they can use you to offset a splitter they admit.


Because my LSAT is below the 25th lol. By a lot. But yeah, I'm over their 75th GPA. I also heard that they're more splitter friendly than reverse splitter friendly.


You're not an auto-ding, last year several people with similar and even slightly worse stats were admitted as early as the third and fourth waves. At the same time this swath of UR2s does seem really broad and the more people who chime in saying it happened to them, the less significant it seems


Thanks for the added boost of confidence! I'm not trying to be woe-is-me, but I just keep hearing how my LSAT score is auto-ding worthy at the T10 since I'm a K-JD and a non-URM.


I wouldn't say you're an auto-ding either! Don't give up hope just yet!


You guys are too kind :lol: I'll keep my fingers crossed for a little while longer

15atay

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:41 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby 15atay » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:02 am

When you guys say UR1 or UR2 does the website say "Under review 2" or has the date just changed twice ?

lumosfawkes

New
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby lumosfawkes » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:26 am

omg DLS where is the admitted students website?

tmcauliffe96

Bronze
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby tmcauliffe96 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:28 am

15atay wrote:When you guys say UR1 or UR2 does the website say "Under review 2" or has the date just changed twice ?


The only thing that changes is the date

hellosunshine2017

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:18 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby hellosunshine2017 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:29 am

lumosfawkes wrote:omg DLS where is the admitted students website?


https://its.law.nyu.edu/admitted/login/ ... /index.cfm

I am DLS too and can't log in...

BL2017

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:17 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby BL2017 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:29 am

lumosfawkes wrote:omg DLS where is the admitted students website?


You're DLS today? What were your UR dates?

Avi223

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby Avi223 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:31 am

DLS! Can't log in tho. Probably a lag- I hope... UR 1 9/21, UR2 11/27
Last edited by Avi223 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

lumosfawkes

New
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby lumosfawkes » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:32 am

BL2017 wrote:
lumosfawkes wrote:omg DLS where is the admitted students website?


You're DLS today? What were your UR dates?


UR1 11/13 UR2 11/26

albinododobird

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:45 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby albinododobird » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:34 am

Ugh still UR1 since 11/2. Well above both 75ths. Kill me.

tmcauliffe96

Bronze
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby tmcauliffe96 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:34 am

lumosfawkes wrote:
BL2017 wrote:
lumosfawkes wrote:omg DLS where is the admitted students website?


You're DLS today? What were your UR dates?


UR1 11/13 UR2 11/26


*sweats nervously*

User avatar
SopranoSaxophone

Bronze
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:40 am

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby SopranoSaxophone » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:38 am

To all the admits: Did any of you apply to AnBryce?



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 26 guests