NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What is your current status? (pick 2)

UR1 since Sept-Oct
3
1%
UR1 since Nov
7
2%
UR1 since Dec-Jan
53
15%
UR2 since Oct
5
1%
UR2 since Nov
5
1%
UR2 since Dec-Jan
96
27%
Accepted (congrats but gtfo)
67
19%
Email ("hold tight")
56
16%
No Email (''hold tight")
61
17%
I didn't even apply yet bruh
4
1%
 
Total votes: 357

38981928

Bronze
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:53 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby 38981928 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:59 am

Has anyone heard anything back re: financial aid? Didn't apply to the special named scholarships myself.

User avatar
gayfish

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby gayfish » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:11 am

DLS at NYU -- tried Admitted Students and it didn't work. About to go into a 2 hour meeting and won't be able to check again until after lunch, pray for me please I can't handle this anxiety rn

etramak

Silver
Posts: 747
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 am

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby etramak » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:12 am

gayfish wrote:DLS at NYU -- tried Admitted Students and it didn't work. About to go into a 2 hour meeting and won't be able to check again until after lunch, pray for me please I can't handle this anxiety rn


Good luck

cwasser3

Bronze
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:44 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby cwasser3 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:12 am

gayfish wrote:DLS at NYU -- tried Admitted Students and it didn't work. About to go into a 2 hour meeting and won't be able to check again until after lunch, pray for me please I can't handle this anxiety rn


I couldn't access the site until around noon yesterday. You got this :)

tmcauliffe96

Bronze
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby tmcauliffe96 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:13 am

gayfish wrote:DLS at NYU -- tried Admitted Students and it didn't work. About to go into a 2 hour meeting and won't be able to check again until after lunch, pray for me please I can't handle this anxiety rn


Prayers to you!! People typically can't sign in until the afternoon anyway, so it may be nice to have the distraction :)

38981928

Bronze
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:53 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby 38981928 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:15 am

tmcauliffe96 wrote:
gayfish wrote:DLS at NYU -- tried Admitted Students and it didn't work. About to go into a 2 hour meeting and won't be able to check again until after lunch, pray for me please I can't handle this anxiety rn


Prayers to you!! People typically can't sign in until the afternoon anyway, so it may be nice to have the distraction :)


It usually takes a few hours! I think someone said before they don't send WLs/dings until February or something? I'm not 100% sure but I think you're fine!!!

User avatar
SopranoSaxophone

Bronze
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:40 am

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby SopranoSaxophone » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:23 am

Fellow The Email recipients, what are your thoughts on sending a Why NYU at this point?

etramak

Silver
Posts: 747
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 am

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby etramak » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:35 am

For some reason NYU's status checker is blocked on my work pc. I think because it is a bit link.

User avatar
robin acrewood

New
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:14 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby robin acrewood » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:48 am

SopranoSaxophone wrote:Fellow The Email recipients, what are your thoughts on sending a Why NYU at this point?

I submitted a Why NYU with my app, but I'm seriously considering a LOCI. Curious about what everyone else is thinking - I don't want to seem impatient!

User avatar
principalagent

Silver
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby principalagent » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:50 am

etramak wrote:For some reason NYU's status checker is blocked on my work pc. I think because it is a bit link.

For some reason I can’t log in on my personal computer anymore but can still log in on my phone.

At first I thought it was a hard reject :lol:

albinododobird

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:45 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby albinododobird » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:17 pm

SopranoSaxophone wrote:Fellow The Email recipients, what are your thoughts on sending a Why NYU at this point?

I would wait until they put me on the waitlist.

nina2018

New
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby nina2018 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:35 pm

principalagent wrote:
etramak wrote:For some reason NYU's status checker is blocked on my work pc. I think because it is a bit link.

For some reason I can’t log in on my personal computer anymore but can still log in on my phone.

At first I thought it was a hard reject :lol:


Doesn't work on my work desktop either; I assumed it's bc I work in leg branch but what is so dangerous about NYU?? such a mystery

b-a-n-a-n-a-s

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:54 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby b-a-n-a-n-a-s » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:37 pm

nina2018 wrote:
principalagent wrote:
etramak wrote:For some reason NYU's status checker is blocked on my work pc. I think because it is a bit link.

For some reason I can’t log in on my personal computer anymore but can still log in on my phone.

At first I thought it was a hard reject :lol:


Doesn't work on my work desktop either; I assumed it's bc I work in leg branch but what is so dangerous about NYU?? such a mystery


I'd bet most of our work filters are catching the redirection link (the bit.do).

Gorrest_Fump

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:52 am

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby Gorrest_Fump » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:04 pm

Hello TLSers!

This morning I checked my NYU app portal and it stated that a decision letter has been sent out. (on 1.24.18). I haven't received any emails from NYU admitting, dinging, or WLing me.

Does anybody know what I might be able to infer from this? I know I can wait a couple of days for the mail to arrive but thought about asking you all first.

Thanks and sorry for contributing to neuroses!

38981928

Bronze
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:53 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby 38981928 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:05 pm

Gorrest_Fump wrote:Hello TLSers!

This morning I checked my NYU app portal and it stated that a decision letter has been sent out. (on 1.24.18). I haven't received any emails from NYU admitting, dinging, or WLing me.

Does anybody know what I might be able to infer from this? I know I can wait a couple of days for the mail to arrive but thought about asking you all first.

Thanks and sorry for contributing to neuroses!


If admitted you'll be able to log in to the Admitted Students Website in a few hours. I don't think they've sent waitlists or dings yet, so I think you will get good news soon!

User avatar
ChutzpahSaxa15

New
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:54 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby ChutzpahSaxa15 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:07 pm

Ahhhh the anxiety that comes from still being UR1 since 12/7... :shock:

User avatar
gayfish

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby gayfish » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:14 pm

tmcauliffe96 wrote:
gayfish wrote:DLS at NYU -- tried Admitted Students and it didn't work. About to go into a 2 hour meeting and won't be able to check again until after lunch, pray for me please I can't handle this anxiety rn


Prayers to you!! People typically can't sign in until the afternoon anyway, so it may be nice to have the distraction :)


Just got out of my meeting and was able to log in!!!

Gorrest_Fump

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:52 am

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby Gorrest_Fump » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:34 pm

38981928 wrote:
Gorrest_Fump wrote:Hello TLSers!

This morning I checked my NYU app portal and it stated that a decision letter has been sent out. (on 1.24.18). I haven't received any emails from NYU admitting, dinging, or WLing me.

Does anybody know what I might be able to infer from this? I know I can wait a couple of days for the mail to arrive but thought about asking you all first.

Thanks and sorry for contributing to neuroses!


If admitted you'll be able to log in to the Admitted Students Website in a few hours. I don't think they've sent waitlists or dings yet, so I think you will get good news soon!


Thanks a lot, I'll check now!

tmcauliffe96

Bronze
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby tmcauliffe96 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:51 pm

gayfish wrote:
tmcauliffe96 wrote:
gayfish wrote:DLS at NYU -- tried Admitted Students and it didn't work. About to go into a 2 hour meeting and won't be able to check again until after lunch, pray for me please I can't handle this anxiety rn


Prayers to you!! People typically can't sign in until the afternoon anyway, so it may be nice to have the distraction :)


Just got out of my meeting and was able to log in!!!


Wooooo congrats!! :)

sev

Bronze
Posts: 171
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:34 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby sev » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:53 pm

GOT THE CALL YESSSS

(do they not call all admits?)

User avatar
LSATuration

Bronze
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 4:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby LSATuration » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:54 pm

sev wrote:GOT THE CALL YESSSS

(do they not call all admits?)


I didn't get my call yesterday until 4:48pm Eastern

Teacher

New
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:05 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby Teacher » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:03 pm

Hey guys!

Anyone have any info about stipends for ASW? It doesn't mention anything on the ASW website, and on the TLS ASW thread, it doesn't list one. Do people email admissions offices and ask for them ever? Anyone know the etiquette around that?

User avatar
usaorbust

Bronze
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:13 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby usaorbust » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:11 pm

For some reason I check my status checker every time I see someone say DLS, even though I know mine will still be UR after that email...

chelseacarl4970

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby chelseacarl4970 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:13 pm

usaorbust wrote:For some reason I check my status checker every time I see someone say DLS, even though I know mine will still be UR after that email...


+1 glad I'm not the only one...

ceroespada

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:14 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby ceroespada » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:14 pm

usaorbust wrote:For some reason I check my status checker every time I see someone say DLS, even though I know mine will still be UR after that email...


When do they actually update so I can also stop doing that lol



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests