NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What is your current status? (pick 2)

UR1 since Sept-Oct
3
1%
UR1 since Nov
7
2%
UR1 since Dec-Jan
53
15%
UR2 since Oct
5
1%
UR2 since Nov
5
1%
UR2 since Dec-Jan
96
27%
Accepted (congrats but gtfo)
67
19%
Email ("hold tight")
55
15%
No Email (''hold tight")
61
17%
I didn't even apply yet bruh
4
1%
 
Total votes: 356

Aquamarine

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:19 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby Aquamarine » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:43 am

All bumps are giving me a heart attack.

cwasser3

Bronze
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:44 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby cwasser3 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:00 pm

Just logged into the admitted students site!!!

Veil of Ignorance

Bronze
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:22 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby Veil of Ignorance » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:47 pm

I went DLS today and just logged into the admitted students website. Awesome! Anyone know when they release scholarship offers? I love NYU but lord is that an expensive option.

38981928

Bronze
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:53 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby 38981928 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:48 pm

Veil of Ignorance wrote:I went DLS today and just logged into the admitted students website. Awesome! Anyone know when they release scholarship offers? I love NYU but lord is that an expensive option.


Congrats! I was wondering the same thing. You will need to apply for merit and need based aid though!

theharleyquinn

New
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby theharleyquinn » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:21 pm

cwasser3 wrote:Just logged into the admitted students site!!!


Congrats! Looks like it was a good glitch after all! :D

BronxToBoston

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:30 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby BronxToBoston » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:31 pm

I wonder when we'll get the first decision wave for "The Email"-recipients.




Probably not until March but I'm deciding to be hopeful.

cwasser3

Bronze
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:44 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby cwasser3 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:48 pm

theharleyquinn wrote:
cwasser3 wrote:Just logged into the admitted students site!!!


Congrats! Looks like it was a good glitch after all! :D


Thanks! Just got the acceptance call :)

User avatar
PLUTONO

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:37 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby PLUTONO » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:49 pm

Any folks here who went UR2 during the UR2 wave on 12/26 through 12/30? Has anyone received a decision yet?
Last edited by PLUTONO on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
LSATuration

Bronze
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 4:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby LSATuration » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:56 pm

I'm in! via ASW. No call yet. 174/3.9X. Wrote Why NYU?. Didn't receive any weird email. First-gen, but no DS. UR1 11/20, UR2 1/17.

mimi1293

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:40 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby mimi1293 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:52 pm

Anyone know when the next wave is? I've been UR2 since 1/2/18

User avatar
thepsychedelic

Bronze
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:28 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby thepsychedelic » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:58 pm

BronxToBoston wrote:I wonder when we'll get the first decision wave for "The Email"-recipients.




Probably not until March but I'm deciding to be hopeful.


+1. i’m just still so confused about The Email as i thought i had a pretty good shot at NYU and i’m being ghosted by other schools so it’s really starting to worry me
Last edited by thepsychedelic on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

monsterc_

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby monsterc_ » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:13 pm

thepsychedelic wrote:
BronxToBoston wrote:I wonder when we'll get the first decision wave for "The Email"-recipients.




Probably not until March but I'm deciding to be hopeful.


+1. i’m just still so confused about The Email as i thought i had a pretty good shot at NYU and i’m being ghosted by other schools so it’s really starting to worry me


+180 I feel this DEEPLY. Maybe I just way overestimated my chances but I'm being ghosted by so many schools that I'm starting to really sweat. Glad to know I'm not alone

User avatar
PLUTONO

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:37 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby PLUTONO » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:16 pm

monsterc_ wrote:
thepsychedelic wrote:
BronxToBoston wrote:I wonder when we'll get the first decision wave for "The Email"-recipients.




Probably not until March but I'm deciding to be hopeful.


+1. i’m just still so confused about The Email as i thought i had a pretty good shot at NYU and i’m being ghosted by other schools so it’s really starting to worry me


+180 I feel this DEEPLY. Maybe I just way overestimated my chances but I'm being ghosted by so many schools that I'm starting to really sweat. Glad to know I'm not alone


+360. I'm being ghosted hard whereas stat twins seem to be catching waves left and right. It's a hard place to be.

User avatar
SopranoSaxophone

Bronze
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:40 am

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby SopranoSaxophone » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:19 pm

thepsychedelic wrote:
BronxToBoston wrote:I wonder when we'll get the first decision wave for "The Email"-recipients.




Probably not until March but I'm deciding to be hopeful.


+1. i’m just still so confused about The Email as i thought i had a pretty good shot at NYU and i’m being ghosted by other schools so it’s really starting to worry me


I would pay good money to have an NYU adcom explain the rationale behind The Email . I thought I has a pretty good shot as well. Shrug emoji.

albinododobird

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:45 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby albinododobird » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:32 pm

My guess is that most of us who got the email and have solid numbers will just get in towards the end of the cycle.

User avatar
LSATuration

Bronze
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 4:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby LSATuration » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:41 pm

Got the call! Not a prank!
Last edited by LSATuration on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PLUTONO

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:37 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby PLUTONO » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:42 pm

albinododobird wrote:My guess is that most of us who got the email and have solid numbers will just get in towards the end of the cycle.


Agreed. I'm also worried for those of us who didn't get any emails and still haven't heard back yet.

User avatar
TripleM

Bronze
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed May 11, 2016 8:35 am

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby TripleM » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:50 pm

This is the point in the cycle where the NYU thread devolves into Lord of the Flies-style madness. Anyone who’s not willing to look into the madness contained within their own soul should stop reading this thread. There will be nothing but wild speculation and a smattering of conspiracy theory from this point forward. Enjoy, NYU overlords, enjoy.

kugs

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:31 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby kugs » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:53 pm

Anyone have any idea when RTK interview invites have gone out in past years?

subpoenacolada

Bronze
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:25 am

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby subpoenacolada » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:00 pm

albinododobird wrote:My guess is that most of us who got the email and have solid numbers will just get in towards the end of the cycle.


Yup. Looks like most people who got the email last year either got in super late or off the waitlist. I would say we're probable admits but they'll wait until all apps are in and people start to withdraw for other schools.

User avatar
principalagent

Silver
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby principalagent » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:18 pm

TripleM wrote:This is the point in the cycle where the NYU thread devolves into Lord of the Flies-style madness. Anyone who’s not willing to look into the madness contained within their own soul should stop reading this thread. There will be nothing but wild speculation and a smattering of conspiracy theory from this point forward. Enjoy, NYU overlords, enjoy.


Honestly last year’s NYU thread may be the funniest thread I’ve read on the internet.

User avatar
JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby JamesBlahDeBlah » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:55 pm

LSATuration wrote:Got the call! Not a prank!


Congrats!! I think we are stats twins (or close to it), so I'm rooting for you!
Last edited by JamesBlahDeBlah on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rictheruler

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:33 am

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby rictheruler » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:05 am

Has anyone been accepted yet straight from UR1?

User avatar
principalagent

Silver
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby principalagent » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:04 am

rictheruler wrote:Has anyone been accepted yet straight from UR1?

Not since like November

User avatar
NYUroot

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:41 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby NYUroot » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:54 am

kugs wrote:Anyone have any idea when RTK interview invites have gone out in past years?


Last year, RTK interview invitations went out in several waves mid-February through mid-March.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests