NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What is your current status? (pick 2)

UR1 since Sept-Oct
3
1%
UR1 since Nov
7
2%
UR1 since Dec-Jan
53
15%
UR2 since Oct
5
1%
UR2 since Nov
5
1%
UR2 since Dec-Jan
96
27%
Accepted (congrats but gtfo)
67
19%
Email ("hold tight")
56
16%
No Email (''hold tight")
61
17%
I didn't even apply yet bruh
4
1%
 
Total votes: 357

EnglishApplicant2017

New
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:41 am

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby EnglishApplicant2017 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:12 am

Was everyone admitted UR2 or did some go to DLS straight from UR1? I've been UR1 since October 30th. LSAT >75th, no GPA (international)

tmcauliffe96

Bronze
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby tmcauliffe96 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:17 am

Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
14141453 wrote:Those not admitted today, don't despair. Last year's first wave included almost exclusively people above both 75th percentiles. They also had sizable waves of admits just about every week after that up until Christmas, and by two or three weeks after the first wave were accepting splitters, borderline applicants they must have liked, etc. http://mylsn.info/d/nyu/1617-NoED/ for reference

I'm above both 75ths, should I be worried? I'm KJD...

edit: submitted three weeks ago, received by nyu on halloween.


I'm in the identical boat re: above both 75ths. UR1 since 10/23 and crickets. I take heart from all the wise words of our compadres.


Same here, down to the UR1 date

spongebob

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:42 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby spongebob » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:45 pm

tmcauliffe96 wrote:
Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
14141453 wrote:Those not admitted today, don't despair. Last year's first wave included almost exclusively people above both 75th percentiles. They also had sizable waves of admits just about every week after that up until Christmas, and by two or three weeks after the first wave were accepting splitters, borderline applicants they must have liked, etc. http://mylsn.info/d/nyu/1617-NoED/ for reference

I'm above both 75ths, should I be worried? I'm KJD...

edit: submitted three weeks ago, received by nyu on halloween.


I'm in the identical boat re: above both 75ths. UR1 since 10/23 and crickets. I take heart from all the wise words of our compadres.


Same here, down to the UR1 date



I'm UR1 since October 5. Above both medians. My friend is telling me to be patient BUT HOW CAN I BE PATIENT.

black_mirror

Bronze
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:01 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby black_mirror » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:50 pm

In order to receive a merit based scholarship, do you need to apply for fin. aid? My understanding was that fin. aid is need based.

User avatar
nishikiizumo

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:11 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby nishikiizumo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:51 pm

OMG me too
spongebob wrote:
tmcauliffe96 wrote:
Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
14141453 wrote:Those not admitted today, don't despair. Last year's first wave included almost exclusively people above both 75th percentiles. They also had sizable waves of admits just about every week after that up until Christmas, and by two or three weeks after the first wave were accepting splitters, borderline applicants they must have liked, etc. http://mylsn.info/d/nyu/1617-NoED/ for reference

I'm above both 75ths, should I be worried? I'm KJD...

edit: submitted three weeks ago, received by nyu on halloween.


I'm in the identical boat re: above both 75ths. UR1 since 10/23 and crickets. I take heart from all the wise words of our compadres.


Same here, down to the UR1 date



I'm UR1 since October 5. Above both medians. My friend is telling me to be patient BUT HOW CAN I BE PATIENT.

light_roast_covfefe

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:36 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby light_roast_covfefe » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:14 pm

UR2 today... anyone know what's expected from here, timing-wise?

MonicaYoung_LOL

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby MonicaYoung_LOL » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:15 pm

EnglishApplicant2017 wrote:Was everyone admitted UR2 or did some go to DLS straight from UR1? I've been UR1 since October 30th. LSAT >75th, no GPA (international)


I went UR2 then went to DLS.

subpoenacolada

Bronze
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:25 am

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby subpoenacolada » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:17 pm

light_roast_covfefe wrote:UR2 today... anyone know what's expected from here, timing-wise?


I submitted in September and have been UR2 since late October. Almost everyone in the first DLS wave was at/above both 75ths so it seems like your numbers are a far better indicator of turnaround time than when you go UR2.

User avatar
Bush v. Gorgeous

Bronze
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:37 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby Bush v. Gorgeous » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:35 pm

light_roast_covfefe wrote:UR2 today... anyone know what's expected from here, timing-wise?


It's been a really long week at work and I just cackled like a lunatic at your user name. Well played madam/sir.

albinododobird

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:45 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby albinododobird » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:24 am

Anyone think we might hear anything before Thanksgiving?

User avatar
principalagent

Silver
Posts: 741
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby principalagent » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:59 am

albinododobird wrote:Anyone think we might hear anything before Thanksgiving?


Not likely, but last year a wave released the week after the holiday.

hi1everyone

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby hi1everyone » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:01 pm

nishikiizumo wrote:OMG me too
spongebob wrote:
tmcauliffe96 wrote:
Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
14141453 wrote:Those not admitted today, don't despair. Last year's first wave included almost exclusively people above both 75th percentiles. They also had sizable waves of admits just about every week after that up until Christmas, and by two or three weeks after the first wave were accepting splitters, borderline applicants they must have liked, etc. http://mylsn.info/d/nyu/1617-NoED/ for reference

I'm above both 75ths, should I be worried? I'm KJD...

edit: submitted three weeks ago, received by nyu on halloween.


I'm in the identical boat re: above both 75ths. UR1 since 10/23 and crickets. I take heart from all the wise words of our compadres.


Same here, down to the UR1 date



I'm UR1 since October 5. Above both medians. My friend is telling me to be patient BUT HOW CAN I BE PATIENT.


I've been UR1 since 9/26... Above both 75ths :| I am trying to be patient! There are so many applications for them to go through...

User avatar
andysimbi

Bronze
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:39 am

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby andysimbi » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:11 pm

I got a physical letter about my acceptance today. Just a single page, but in a large purple (of course!) envelope.

There was a nice handwritten note from Dean Williams on it as well. Is that the norm, as with Georgetown?

LawSSS

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:05 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby LawSSS » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:17 pm

andysimbi wrote:I got a physical letter about my acceptance today. Just a single page, but in a large purple (of course!) envelope.

There was a nice handwritten note from Dean Williams on it as well. Is that the norm, as with Georgetown?


Yup me too! Personal note about my PS :)

User avatar
andysimbi

Bronze
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:39 am

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby andysimbi » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:23 pm

LawSSS wrote:
andysimbi wrote:I got a physical letter about my acceptance today. Just a single page, but in a large purple (of course!) envelope.

There was a nice handwritten note from Dean Williams on it as well. Is that the norm, as with Georgetown?


Yup me too! Personal note about my PS :)


It's kind of funny how seeing a personal note can have you about ready to pack your stuff and head off to the school, even knowing it's just part of their usual process lol

ruthenium44

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:14 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby ruthenium44 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:31 am

I got in!! First acceptance, I'm over the moon.

Submitted 10/29 complete 11/1.

albinododobird

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:45 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby albinododobird » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:40 am

ruthenium44 wrote:I got in!! First acceptance, I'm over the moon.

Submitted 10/29 complete 11/1.

Congratulations! How did they notify you?

ruthenium44

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:14 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby ruthenium44 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:43 am

albinododobird wrote:
ruthenium44 wrote:I got in!! First acceptance, I'm over the moon.

Submitted 10/29 complete 11/1.

Congratulations! How did they notify you?


Thank you! Call from someone in the admissions office, area code 212. Said official packet to follow.

VDubbs

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:19 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby VDubbs » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:44 am

Has anyone who applied ED been notified yet?

lumosfawkes

New
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby lumosfawkes » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:45 am

ruthenium44 wrote:
albinododobird wrote:
ruthenium44 wrote:I got in!! First acceptance, I'm over the moon.

Submitted 10/29 complete 11/1.

Congratulations! How did they notify you?


Thank you! Call from someone in the admissions office, area code 212. Said official packet to follow.


Congrats!!!
Did your status checker change?

ruthenium44

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:14 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby ruthenium44 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:48 am

lumosfawkes wrote:
ruthenium44 wrote:
albinododobird wrote:
ruthenium44 wrote:I got in!! First acceptance, I'm over the moon.

Submitted 10/29 complete 11/1.

Congratulations! How did they notify you?


Thank you! Call from someone in the admissions office, area code 212. Said official packet to follow.


Congrats!!!
Did your status checker change?


Went to DLS this morning. I checked it early this morning so they must have changed it shortly before calling.

User avatar
SopranoSaxophone

Bronze
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:40 am

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby SopranoSaxophone » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:49 am

ruthenium44 wrote:I got in!! First acceptance, I'm over the moon.

Submitted 10/29 complete 11/1.


Stats?

ruthenium44

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:14 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby ruthenium44 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:57 am

SopranoSaxophone wrote:
ruthenium44 wrote:I got in!! First acceptance, I'm over the moon.

Submitted 10/29 complete 11/1.


Stats?


177/3.68/non-URM

tmcauliffe96

Bronze
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby tmcauliffe96 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:17 pm

ruthenium44 wrote:
SopranoSaxophone wrote:
ruthenium44 wrote:I got in!! First acceptance, I'm over the moon.

Submitted 10/29 complete 11/1.


Stats?


177/3.68/non-URM


Congrats!!! :)

MonicaYoung_LOL

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018 cycle)

Postby MonicaYoung_LOL » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:02 pm

andysimbi wrote:
LawSSS wrote:
andysimbi wrote:I got a physical letter about my acceptance today. Just a single page, but in a large purple (of course!) envelope.

There was a nice handwritten note from Dean Williams on it as well. Is that the norm, as with Georgetown?


Yup me too! Personal note about my PS :)


It's kind of funny how seeing a personal note can have you about ready to pack your stuff and head off to the school, even knowing it's just part of their usual process lol


Same here--just received the note today! Thought it was such a nice touch :)



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests