TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What is your ideal realistic outcome?

Y/S/H
21%
T10 named full scholarship
14%
Sub-T10 full
16%
T10 partial scholarship
31%
Sub-T10 partial scholarship
14%
retake (aka sub-T10 partial scholarship)
5%

Total votes: 316

tuna_wasabi

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby tuna_wasabi » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:13 pm

Platopus wrote:Only include high school if it's an option. For some schools you'll be able to select HS as a drop down in the educational institutions section. Others have HS listed elsewhere. Some don't ask at all.

chrysippusofsoli wrote:I think that if a school wants you to include high school information, you'll be prompted to do so before that section can be completed. Otherwise, it doesn't really matter.

Thank you guys! :)

etramak

Postby etramak » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:56 pm

Really wanted to get some apps in within the next week or so, but a friend gave my PS well-deserved tough love. No one said this would be easy I guess.

urmlaw17

Postby urmlaw17 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:56 pm

Has anyone gone to the Duke, Chicago, Stanford forum?

Is an invite a good sign?

urmlaw17

Postby urmlaw17 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:57 pm

I got an email from Alabama to apply for a $35 Amazon card.

I might apply LOL

KENYADIGG1T

Postby KENYADIGG1T » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:04 pm

urmlaw17 wrote:Has anyone gone to the Duke, Chicago, Stanford forum?

It sounds like a good event. However, I live in the East Bay and *dread* going to Palo Alto, so I'ma have to sit this one out.

KENYADIGG1T

Postby KENYADIGG1T » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:04 pm

urmlaw17 wrote:I got an email from Alabama to apply for a $35 Amazon card.

I might apply LOL

Reason checks out :lol:

DorkothyParker

Postby DorkothyParker » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:15 pm

urmlaw17 wrote:I got an email from Alabama to apply for a $35 Amazon card.

I might apply LOL

It's going to wash with the LSAC report fee. Unless you figure it may be helpful in other negotiations or you actually want to attend...

Ntp73821

Postby Ntp73821 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:49 pm

I went, it was ok.
I don’t think an invite means much of anything, as half the people there hadn’t taken the LSAT and weren’t applying this cycle. There were even college freshmen there.

Postby AvatarMeelo » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:02 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:

I went, it was ok.
I don’t think an invite means much of anything, as half the people there hadn’t taken the LSAT and weren’t applying this cycle. There were even college freshmen there.

I’m at the Duke/Cornell/Stanford one in downtown NYC now - if any other TLS peeps are here, hey!!

urmlaw17

Postby urmlaw17 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:07 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:

I went, it was ok.

Disappointing... LOL

ddevich

Postby ddevich » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:10 pm

Hey all,

Active duty Army Sergeant transitioning from the military here.

Like many military men and women, I was a bit of a dimwit when I was 18. I jacked up my LSAC GPA forever with an abysmal 1.4 cumulative in 2010.
Since joining I've gotten my shit together and averaged a 3.7 since.

LSAC GPA: 2.98
LSAT: (Likely) 167+ (September Waiter w/ 170+ PT average)

I'm really hoping to leverage my military service into an acceptance from a moonshot like NYU or Columbia, but I know numbers are king. I'm targeting Fordham, and with tuition and COL covered by the G.I. Bill, I'm willing to take a shot at that 40% NYC Biglaw, but I won't need it.

I hope everyone's cycle is better than they can imagine and that I see some of you in NYC next year!

chargers21

Postby chargers21 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:16 pm

Last edited by chargers21 on Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rllesueur

Postby Rllesueur » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:47 pm

ddevich wrote:Hey all,

Active duty Army Sergeant transitioning from the military here.

I hope everyone's cycle is better than they can imagine and that I see some of you in NYC next year!

Active duty Marine here. Don't underestimate your leadership experience. I'm told law schools love that. NYU wasn't even on my radar until they emailed me a fee waiver, and said they are looking to increase their veteran population at the law school. If you have unique life experience, which I'd think you do, go for it.

Cheers!

ddevich

Postby ddevich » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:58 pm

chargers21 wrote:
ddevich wrote:!

Thank you for your service. I think you definitely have a t13 shot if your LSAT comes back with positive results. UVA loves veterans, so definitely expand your options outside of NYC if at all possible. Other top schools can get you back there, and you have funding.

Thank you for your support. I have heard that UVA and even UPenn are fairly accommodating of veterans. Honestly, I would marvel at the chance to attend any T13 school, though I suppose I'm stuck on NYC because I have friends there and the housing allowance is incredibly high (thanks to Manhattan's COL), but I can live in Brooklyn for less than half of what I receive. NYC is the only place I've found that I can live comfortably under the GI Bill and not have to work at all during the school year.

Walliums

Postby Walliums » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:18 am

LSAC has finally processed my transcripts and I have finally got an official GPA! Any idea when schools will start sending out fee waivers again?

rachelac

Postby rachelac » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:42 pm

Is there any kind of master list of when schools start sending out decisions? I'm trying to stop refreshing status checkers, since I've heard from Duke and UVA...I want to know when I should start stressing out again.

virginia_direwoolf

Postby virginia_direwoolf » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:16 pm

rachelac wrote:Is there any kind of master list of when schools start sending out decisions? I'm trying to stop refreshing status checkers, since I've heard from Duke and UVA...I want to know when I should start stressing out again.

Don't think there's a master list anywhere (though I would be thrilled to be wrong on this, so someone please correct me if they know of one), but I've basically been using MyLSN's graphs to approximate the earliest possible response date of the different schools and come up with something along the lines of:

Y/H/S: hahaha lucky to hear back from them at all before March
U Chicago: Late January
Columbia: Late January
NYU: Mid November/Early December
U Penn: Late December
U Mich: Early November
Northwestern: Late December
Georgetown: Mid October

Don't know if this helps, but I tried to look at people with my stats/similar and you and I seem to be numbers twins so hopefully true for both of us :)

Walliums

Postby Walliums » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:37 pm

Do we have a list yet of if/when the T20 have sent out fee waivers?

Platopus

Postby Platopus » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:39 pm

virginia_direwoolf wrote:
rachelac wrote:Is there any kind of master list of when schools start sending out decisions? I'm trying to stop refreshing status checkers, since I've heard from Duke and UVA...I want to know when I should start stressing out again.

Don't think there's a master list anywhere (though I would be thrilled to be wrong on this, so someone please correct me if they know of one), but I've basically been using MyLSN's graphs to approximate the earliest possible response date of the different schools and come up with something along the lines of:

Don't know if this helps, but I tried to look at people with my stats/similar and you and I seem to be numbers twins so hopefully true for both of us :)

Jumping in as a numbers twin as well. But it's pretty useful to rummage through the c/o 2020 applicant's threads to see when decisions started to roll out. The above list seems about as accurate as it's gonna get

Platopus

Postby Platopus » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:40 pm

Walliums wrote:Do we have a list yet of if/when the T20 have sent out fee waivers?

Most have already sent them out, but I'm guessing once Septembers scores come out there will be another waive

I know NU and WUSTL are receptive to solicitation, so it's worth trying now for them

rachelac

Postby rachelac » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:37 pm

Platopus wrote:
virginia_direwoolf wrote:

Jumping in as a numbers twin as well. But it's pretty useful to rummage through the c/o 2020 applicant's threads to see when decisions started to roll out. The above list seems about as accurate as it's gonna get

It definitely helps and I'm glad to have people in the same boat! Good luck to both of you and let's keep each other posted. ☺️

Seems accurate! I think Mich releases in the beginning of November, too, which is one of my top choices so I've looked into it.

EDIT: you already had Mich on your list I'm a fool sry
Last edited by rachelac on Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby AvatarMeelo » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:14 pm

Platopus wrote:
Walliums wrote:Do we have a list yet of if/when the T20 have sent out fee waivers?

Most have already sent them out, but I'm guessing once Septembers scores come out there will be another waive

I know NU and WUSTL are receptive to solicitation, so it's worth trying now for them

NU is free before December 1st!! Can confirm I have a waiver :)

PrezRand

Postby PrezRand » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:52 pm

Is it too late to solicit fee waivers from schools?

rachelac

Postby rachelac » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:54 pm

PrezRand wrote:Is it too late to solicit fee waivers from schools?

Definitely not, they'll do a wave for September LSAT people too

PrezRand

Postby PrezRand » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:56 pm

rachelac wrote:
PrezRand wrote:Is it too late to solicit fee waivers from schools?

Definitely not, they'll do a wave for September LSAT people too

I have a very personal reason for why i can't submit an LSAC Fee waiver application. Should I include that in my request to schools individually?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”