TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How many schools did you apply to?

1-5
5
6%
6-10
15
19%
10-15
37
47%
15+
22
28%
I'm not done applying yet...
0
No votes
Wait, you have to APPLY to law school? (just lurking)
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 79

Platopus
Posts: 1468
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby Platopus » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:37 pm

.
Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Experiment626
Posts: 785
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby Experiment626 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:36 pm

Checking in post December LSAT. Just put in two apps...

User avatar
OakBrook2021
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:30 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby OakBrook2021 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:20 pm

Platopus wrote:Just my $0.02, but there's no reason you should retake. You already have a fantastic options


You're probably right; didn't mean to come off as ungrateful--it's probably just the cumulative effect of all the retake advice I've seen coupled with envy for numbers like yours haha

Platopus
Posts: 1468
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby Platopus » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:10 pm

.
Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
OakBrook2021
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:30 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby OakBrook2021 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:25 pm

Platopus wrote:HYS at sticker actually seems like a step down from your current options.


It'd be more like a hail mary to improve my Ruby/Hamilton/Levy chances from nonexistent to unlikely...HYS is pretty much out of the question for me given my goals

User avatar
chargers21
Posts: 3738
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby chargers21 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:49 pm

Platopus wrote:
OakBrook2021 wrote:
Platopus wrote:Just my $0.02, but there's no reason you should retake. You already have a fantastic options


You're probably right; didn't mean to come off as ungrateful--it's probably just the cumulative effect of all the retake advice I've seen coupled with envy for numbers like yours haha


Yeah, I mean, if you are hell bent on HYS you'll probably need to retake. But HYS at sticker actually seems like a step down from your current options.

HYS have need based aid that make them palatable, though

Platopus
Posts: 1468
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby Platopus » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:54 pm

.
Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chargers21
Posts: 3738
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby chargers21 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Platopus wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Platopus wrote:
OakBrook2021 wrote:
Platopus wrote:Just my $0.02, but there's no reason you should retake. You already have a fantastic options


You're probably right; didn't mean to come off as ungrateful--it's probably just the cumulative effect of all the retake advice I've seen coupled with envy for numbers like yours haha


Yeah, I mean, if you are hell bent on HYS you'll probably need to retake. But HYS at sticker actually seems like a step down from your current options.

HYS have need based aid that make them palatable, though


Sure, but with a Dillard, Darrow, Mordecai (etc.) in the bag, there's no real reason one would need to retake.

Oh, of course :D

njames1961
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby njames1961 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:30 pm

is the accepted practice to send a thank you email to the interviewer (if you can find their direct email) after you have a skype interview?

MonicaYoung_LOL
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby MonicaYoung_LOL » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:48 pm

njames1961 wrote:is the accepted practice to send a thank you email to the interviewer (if you can find their direct email) after you have a skype interview?


I did it, but I don't know if you have to. I've heard some back and forth on whether or not it's worthwhile to clog up the interviewer's inbox, but I always feel like it's a nice gesture that reaffirms your respect for the school and the person!

User avatar
GotLost
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:48 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby GotLost » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:28 pm

Just basically got a full ride to my in-state back up school. The decision may be more difficult than I thought this year.

User avatar
TedBuckland
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:25 am

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby TedBuckland » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:59 pm

GotLost wrote:Just basically got a full ride to my in-state back up school. The decision may be more difficult than I thought this year.


In the exact same boat. Full ride from in state TTT school and they're the only ones I've heard from so far. I went in to this thinking that I'd absolutely go anywhere that wasn't in state, but the longer I'm here working and making good professional connections, the more the idea of starting that process from scratch seems daunting.

User avatar
GotLost
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:48 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby GotLost » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:21 pm

TedBuckland wrote:
GotLost wrote:Just basically got a full ride to my in-state back up school. The decision may be more difficult than I thought this year.


In the exact same boat. Full ride from in state TTT school and they're the only ones I've heard from so far. I went in to this thinking that I'd absolutely go anywhere that wasn't in state, but the longer I'm here working and making good professional connections, the more the idea of starting that process from scratch seems daunting.


Yeah, I'm thinking I don't really want to stay at the same school I did undergrad at for another 3 years. But it's a tough choice for sure. Hopefully we both get some more acceptances our way!

User avatar
DorkothyParker
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:32 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby DorkothyParker » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:04 pm

For those who received phone calls regarding their acceptance, do you seriously answer calls from numbers that you don't recognize?!?

User avatar
principalagent
Posts: 699
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby principalagent » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:06 pm

DorkothyParker wrote:For those who received phone calls regarding their acceptance, do you seriously answer calls from numbers that you don't recognize?!?


I don’t normally, but I have been checking/answering numbers now if the area code is associated with a school I applied to. Or, for another example, people reported that Cornell calls came from a blocked number, so I answered a blocked number call after interviewing - which so happened to be them!

User avatar
wmbuff
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby wmbuff » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:07 pm

DorkothyParker wrote:For those who received phone calls regarding their acceptance, do you seriously answer calls from numbers that you don't recognize?!?


If it shows a city where I have an application in, sure. ASU's phone call showed Phoenix on the call data, so I picked up.

saltshaker
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:00 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby saltshaker » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:11 pm

Beating myself up for underestimating how long it takes for transcripts to be processed. Could've gotten my applications in the week before Thanksgiving, instead of having them go complete the first week of December.

It's the small things. :cry:

Revelator 12
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:16 am

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby Revelator 12 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:24 pm

Anyone seeing the Spivey cycle data? http://blog.spiveyconsulting.com/december-2017-data/

Looks very, very competitive this year. Damn.

User avatar
wannabegenius
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby wannabegenius » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:54 pm

Revelator 12 wrote:Anyone seeing the Spivey cycle data? http://blog.spiveyconsulting.com/december-2017-data/

Looks very, very competitive this year. Damn.


Saw that. It crushed my hopes and dreams.

User avatar
DaydreamNation
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:45 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby DaydreamNation » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:57 pm

Yeah we're all fucked, time to pack it up

User avatar
AvatarMeelo
Posts: 515
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:58 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby AvatarMeelo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:02 pm

wannabegenius wrote:
Revelator 12 wrote:Anyone seeing the Spivey cycle data? http://blog.spiveyconsulting.com/december-2017-data/

Looks very, very competitive this year. Damn.


Saw that. It crushed my hopes and dreams.


There's a reddit post discussing it too - someone actually broke it down and said percentage wise it looks scary, but if you break it into numbers, it's not nearly as bad as you put it into perspective. More competitive cycle for sure but it's not hopeless!

User avatar
DorkothyParker
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:32 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby DorkothyParker » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:22 pm

Revelator 12 wrote:Anyone seeing the Spivey cycle data? http://blog.spiveyconsulting.com/december-2017-data/

Looks very, very competitive this year. Damn.


:cry: I am freaking out.

User avatar
demos9
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:09 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby demos9 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:28 pm

Cornell interview invite via email!! :D

User avatar
KENYADIGG1T
Posts: 383
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby KENYADIGG1T » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:05 pm

I'm out here hoping for a Christmas miracle; just one more offer to send 2017 off?

User avatar
rowdy
Posts: 460
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby rowdy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:08 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:I'm out here hoping for a Christmas miracle; just one more offer to send 2017 off?

Hoping you find a JS2 under the tree?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”