TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
littlewing67

Silver

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Post by littlewing67 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:14 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

HowardHamlin

New

Post by HowardHamlin » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:41 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Prudence wrote:Does anyone ever think why they didn’t want to be an accountant or a computer scientist or something? Even after being certain about law school for some time now the idea of actually going has me shook- i cant explain it haha but that quarter life crisis is kicking in for sure now that my apps are in
Yeah I'm feeling this hard. A couple weeks ago it really hit me that I'll be moving away from all my family and friends for at least 3 years (and possibly much, much longer) to one of around 7 cities. I have no idea where I'll be living in 7 months. What made it even worse is that my current job has been hinting that they want to bring me on full time after I graduate, and that I also have the opportunity to be a grad assistant and get my MBA for free at my TTT undergrad.

Pretty sure I'm going to law school but you're right, the fact that its finally becoming real has me shook.
You have to go to law school man, no other profession would value your lack of self awareness as highly. It is a rare breed that can turn any post into a humblebrag.

Silver

Post by AvatarMeelo » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:44 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
kiklavan wrote:Anyone know the approximate earliest late Dec/early Jan applicants can expect to hear back?
+1
+2

I know I just submitted but wowowow I wanna know like yesterday.

DorkothyParker

Bronze

Post by DorkothyParker » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:07 pm

kiklavan wrote:Anyone know the approximate earliest late Dec/early Jan applicants can expect to hear back?
It will vary by school, but it seems most schools aim to have decisions 4-6 weeks after the application has gone in review.
Some schools have the timeline on their status checker.

wolfonlawstreet

Bronze

Post by wolfonlawstreet » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:21 pm

So out of boredom and impatience, here are dates of decisions last year that are nearest the start of the year....
(off LSN so a lot of self-selection and very few answers)

Yale - 2/2
Stanford - 1/5
Harvard - 1/18
Chicago - 1/19
Columbia - 1/18
NYU - 1/10
Penn - 1/12
Michigan - 1/3
UVA - 1/5
Duke - 1/5
Northwestern- 1/19
Berkeley - 1/2
Cornell - 1/5
Texas - 1/4
Georgetown - 1/3
UCLA - 1/2
Vanderbilt - 1/3
WUSTL - Someone got accepted today, so they're definitely working...
USC - 1/2
Last edited by wolfonlawstreet on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MrAdultman

New

Post by MrAdultman » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:02 pm

wolfonlawstreet wrote:So out of boredom and impatience, here are dates of decisions last year that are nearest the start of the year....
(off LSN so a lot of self-selection and very few answers)

Yale - 2/2
Stanford - 1/5
Harvard - 1/18
Chicago - 1/19
Columbia - 1/18
NYU - 1/10
Penn - 1/12
Michigan - 1/3
UVA - 1/5
Duke - 1/5
Northwestern- 1/19
Berkeley - 1/2
Cornell - 1/5
Texas - 1/4
Georgetown - 1/3
UCLA - 1/2
Vanderbilt - 1/3
WUSTL - Someone got accepted today, so they're definitely working...
USC - 1/2
Super helpful, thanks! I was peeking at a couple schools yesterday as well, looking at the past 3 years of data - my guess is that Columbia and Chicago will start their next round on the 18th (give or take a day). Columbia seems to have several rounds going out in consecutive days for at least a week, and Chicago does their rounds at 2-3 week intervals. Penn will likely be the week before that.

jjdude14

Bronze

Post by jjdude14 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:36 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
+1
+2

I know I just submitted but wowowow I wanna know like yesterday.
+3

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:33 pm

HowardHamlin wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Prudence wrote:Does anyone ever think why they didn’t want to be an accountant or a computer scientist or something? Even after being certain about law school for some time now the idea of actually going has me shook- i cant explain it haha but that quarter life crisis is kicking in for sure now that my apps are in
Yeah I'm feeling this hard. A couple weeks ago it really hit me that I'll be moving away from all my family and friends for at least 3 years (and possibly much, much longer) to one of around 7 cities. I have no idea where I'll be living in 7 months. What made it even worse is that my current job has been hinting that they want to bring me on full time after I graduate, and that I also have the opportunity to be a grad assistant and get my MBA for free at my TTT undergrad.

Pretty sure I'm going to law school but you're right, the fact that its finally becoming real has me shook.
You have to go to law school man, no other profession would value your lack of self awareness as highly. It is a rare breed that can turn any post into a humblebrag.
It is a rare breed that "calls me out" in half of their posts, while the other half are shitty trolls.

KENYADIGG1T

Bronze

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:55 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
HowardHamlin wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:

It is a rare breed that "calls me out" in half of their posts, while the other half are shitty trolls.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

HowardHamlin

New

Post by HowardHamlin » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:02 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
HowardHamlin wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:

It comes from a place of great insecurity if we are being honest. Alas, I am not above both medians and not fit to breathe the same air as you James. Wait, is it medians or 75ths? I guess I should look at your post history, it is included in all of them.

Eleven

New

Post by Eleven » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:32 pm

So all of you who just got back December scores, are you requesting fee waivers this week and waiting until mid-week next week to apply or just burning your money and sending them in this week? I think I've convinced myself to wait because they aren't looking at apps until next Tuesday again anyway....

rowdy

Bronze

Post by rowdy » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:49 pm

HowardHamlin wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
HowardHamlin wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:

It comes from a place of great insecurity if we are being honest. Alas, I am not above both medians and not fit to breathe the same air as you James. Wait, is it medians or 75ths? I guess I should look at your post history, it is included in all of them.
*I start telling the rat parable that Javier Bardem tells in Skyfall but massively screw it up and start retelling the plot to Redwall for several minutes before I realize my mistake and try to play it off by taking a long drag of a cigarette and saying "we're all just rats man" while staring off into the distance*

BlendedUnicorn

Platinum

Post by BlendedUnicorn » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:50 pm

HowardHamlin wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
HowardHamlin wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:

Chill dude.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BlendedUnicorn

Platinum

Post by BlendedUnicorn » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:51 pm

Actually, you know what? Howard Hamlin trolling slippin jimmy is a pretty hilarious schtick. Carry on.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:54 pm

BlendedUnicorn wrote:Actually, you know what? Howard Hamlin trolling slippin jimmy is a pretty hilarious schtick. Carry on.
Would be better if it was Chuck.

HowardHamlin

New

Post by HowardHamlin » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:01 pm

I'm just trying to figure out why "calls me out" is in quotations.

virginia_direwoolf

Bronze

Post by virginia_direwoolf » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:04 pm

rowdy wrote:
HowardHamlin wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
HowardHamlin wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:

*I start telling the rat parable that Javier Bardem tells in Skyfall but massively screw it up and start retelling the plot to Redwall for several minutes before I realize my mistake and try to play it off by taking a long drag of a cigarette and saying "we're all just rats man" while staring off into the distance*
This.

Also, @Harry: There's enough dickishness in the world without increasing that dickishness on an anonymous online forum for neurotic nerds.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

pupper

New

Post by pupper » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:13 pm

Prudence wrote:Does anyone ever think why they didn’t want to be an accountant or a computer scientist or something?
My quarter life crisis involved switching from a career as a computer scientist to becoming a lawyer! :lol: If you are seriously wishing you had done something else, there is plenty of time! You could get a nanodegree from Udacity and have a job in data analysis, software engineering, or something by the end of next year for less than 1% cost of law school! :shock:

NavyNuke

Bronze

Post by NavyNuke » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:07 pm

This break has been much needed. I have thoroughly enjoyed not obsessing over status checkers that aren't changing these last few days. Also it's starting to sink in that with the schools I have left, I'm most likely just waiting for dings and waitlists (with the exception of hopefully Emory.. seriously Emory why take so long?) Time to start comparing the schools I'm in at, and thinking long and hard about if I'm really down for that Ann Arbor cold.

DorkothyParker

Bronze

Post by DorkothyParker » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:44 pm

I just wish I knew what I wanted to do while I was still in undergrad. Or before I had a kid. Maybe before I did my grad program (it was just a 13 credit certification), but then that is probably a saving grace. I wasn't very serious in UG because I didn't plan to get any additional education at the time.

But it's been several years since UG. Planning is important. But life will never be what you think it should be, but it is what you make it. (Old Lady Wisdom)

Prudence

New

Post by Prudence » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:02 pm

DorkothyParker wrote:
But it's been several years since UG. Planning is important. But life will never be what you think it should be, but it is what you make it. (Old Lady Wisdom)
Ahh I like this. Seems kinda corny but i like it :D kinda makes me feel like my mistakes and fears are life shattering (unless ya know, lots of debt is obtained)

Ah well our applications are out. Lets enjoy the weird freedom that applications being over provides!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:30 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dm1683

Silver

Post by dm1683 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:02 pm

NavyNuke wrote:This break has been much needed. I have thoroughly enjoyed not obsessing over status checkers that aren't changing these last few days. Also it's starting to sink in that with the schools I have left, I'm most likely just waiting for dings and waitlists (with the exception of hopefully Emory.. seriously Emory why take so long?) Time to start comparing the schools I'm in at, and thinking long and hard about if I'm really down for that Ann Arbor cold.
tfw you submitted around the same time as someone and you only have one acceptance and no other decisions :roll:

As far as the cold, Ann Arbor has roughly the same climate as Milwaukee (maybe a liiiiittle warmer) and it's 6 degrees outside rn with -10 wind chill

jjdude14

Bronze

Post by jjdude14 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:25 pm

Eleven wrote:So all of you who just got back December scores, are you requesting fee waivers this week and waiting until mid-week next week to apply or just burning your money and sending them in this week? I think I've convinced myself to wait because they aren't looking at apps until next Tuesday again anyway....
I got fee waivers to everywhere except Georgetown after September. I emailed them and am waiting on submitting my app until they reply. At this point, a 5 day difference isn't going to heavily impact admission chances (I hope). Just make sure everything is ready to go the second they have the waiver available.
But for me saving (a little) money is very important.

NavyNuke

Bronze

Post by NavyNuke » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:20 am

dm1683 wrote:
NavyNuke wrote:This break has been much needed. I have thoroughly enjoyed not obsessing over status checkers that aren't changing these last few days. Also it's starting to sink in that with the schools I have left, I'm most likely just waiting for dings and waitlists (with the exception of hopefully Emory.. seriously Emory why take so long?) Time to start comparing the schools I'm in at, and thinking long and hard about if I'm really down for that Ann Arbor cold.
tfw you submitted around the same time as someone and you only have one acceptance and no other decisions :roll:

As far as the cold, Ann Arbor has roughly the same climate as Milwaukee (maybe a liiiiittle warmer) and it's 6 degrees outside rn with -10 wind chill
You are going to have a great cycle.. The schools I'm waiting on to ding me are the ones you will be choosing from come March :D

-10 wind chill. sheesh.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”