TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What is your ideal realistic outcome?

Y/S/H
66
21%
T10 named full scholarship
43
14%
Sub-T10 full
49
16%
T10 partial scholarship
98
31%
Sub-T10 partial scholarship
45
14%
retake (aka sub-T10 partial scholarship)
15
5%
 
Total votes: 316

User avatar
amta
Posts: 9410
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby amta » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:01 am

wmbuff wrote:It's still early, and I'm not done submitting apps, but I'd say I've met with about as much success as I could reasonably expect this soon after receiving my LSAT score, and I feel like there's more good news to come soon.


thats awesome. waiting for acceptances was worse than waiting for my lsat score. youll find that some will be frustratingly slow. i got an acceptance every day for like two weeks and then radio silence from my remaining schools for a month.

emilyLl
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:13 am

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby emilyLl » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

amta wrote:hows everyones cycle going?


As well as it could be, at this point. In at UVA, Duke, GULC, and my state school with a full ride. Trying not to get my hopes up too much for my reach schools.

User avatar
OakBrook2021
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:30 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby OakBrook2021 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:15 am

amta wrote:hows everyones cycle going?


Taking a long hard look at a retake lol

User avatar
amta
Posts: 9410
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby amta » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:31 am

OakBrook2021 wrote:
amta wrote:hows everyones cycle going?


Taking a long hard look at a retake lol


do it

ebrook93
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby ebrook93 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:38 am

Am I correct in assuming that a lot of the admissions committees will convene for the first time tomorrow (11/1)?

User avatar
amta
Posts: 9410
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby amta » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:40 am

ebrook93 wrote:Am I correct in assuming that a lot of the admissions committees will convene for the first time tomorrow (11/1)?


no

User avatar
TheKingLives
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:37 am

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby TheKingLives » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:47 pm

Mikey wrote:
TheKingLives wrote:Finally took the GRE! Going into this cycle blind is intimidating but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

have you taken the LSAT already too? or just the GRE?

Just the GRE. Taking the LSAT is definitely on the table for next cycle if I’m unsuccessful this time around.

User avatar
DorkothyParker
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:32 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby DorkothyParker » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:23 pm

I'm spooktacularly poor and waiting on my work incentive bonus to put in my last (?) two applications. I only put in a couple and scheduled an interview for one so that one will be pushed back at least a couple weeks.
Which is great, because I love the cool blanket of insecurity that envelopes me in unrelenting dread and uncertainty regarding my future. So it's really a win.

User avatar
SopranoSaxophone
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:40 am

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby SopranoSaxophone » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:37 pm

Been getting some interesting feedback re: C&F disclosures and could use this board's insight. If a school's app says to disclose any infraction "excluding minor traffic violations," and you therefore exclude your minor traffic violation on the app, will a state bar that requires traffic violation disclosure see this as an issue when you disclose the traffic violation for the bar? The app specifically said to exclude minor traffic violations, so to my understanding, you would be following the directions by not disclosing it rather than being perceived as trying to hide anything. Some seem to disagree with this assessment and say disclosure even when the app specifies to "exclude minor traffic violations" is the correct way to handle C&F because a state bar could potentially see this as a failure to disclose issue. Can this really be true? i.e. "I see here the school you applied to said you should exclude your speeding ticket and you excluded your speeding ticket, so now you're facing bar admission C&F consequences for excluding your speeding ticket on your law school app even though you disclosed it to us when we asked for it."

Platopus
Posts: 1467
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby Platopus » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:45 pm

.
Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SopranoSaxophone
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:40 am

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby SopranoSaxophone » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:51 pm

Platopus wrote:
SopranoSaxophone wrote:Been getting some interesting feedback re: C&F disclosures and could use this board's insight. If a school's app says to disclose any infraction "excluding minor traffic violations," and you therefore exclude your minor traffic violation on the app, will a state bar that requires traffic violation disclosure see this as an issue when you disclose the traffic violation for the bar? The app specifically said to exclude minor traffic violations, so to my understanding, you would be following the directions by not disclosing it rather than being perceived as trying to hide anything. Some seem to disagree with this assessment and say disclosure even when the app specifies to "exclude minor traffic violations" is the correct way to handle C&F because a state bar could potentially see this as a failure to disclose issue. Can this really be true? i.e. "I see here the school you applied to said you should exclude your speeding ticket and you excluded your speeding ticket, so now you're facing bar admission C&F consequences for excluding your speeding ticket on your law school app even though you disclosed it to us when we asked for it."


If it was truly a minor traffic violation (i.e., textig while driving or speeding 5mph or something) I don't see how it could be a problem if you followed the app question and didnt disclose. However "minor traffic violation" isn't really defined on any of the apps, so you need to be careful of not including something. For example, I got busted speeding 29mph over the limit and had to go to traffic court. At the time it was just traffic school and a fine, but my state now considers this a misdemeanor (even though it wasnt at the time)... so is that a minor traffic ticket? I chose to disclose because in 3 years I dont want to have problems and it has almost a 0% chance of affecting my admission outcomes


I would also tend to treat anything that feels ambiguous as more than "minor" but I would surmise that speeding 10mph or less over the limit, failure to yield at a stop sign, failure to signal, tail light out, etc. to all fall within that "minor" category. Broadly, I think of it as any traffic infraction that does not require a court appearance as part of the fine. (In my state, all of the above traffic offenses are considered "noncriminal traffic citations," not misdemeanors). I would not feel compelled to disclose any of the above if there was a C&F caveat for "minor traffic violations," but perhaps this is wrongheaded on my part?

Platopus
Posts: 1467
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby Platopus » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:09 pm

.
Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TheKingLives
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:37 am

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby TheKingLives » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:26 am

BronxToBoston wrote:Anybody have any experience with facial piercings at interviews? Mine is understated and I plan on dressing conservatively.

For what its worth, Anna Ivey (admissions consultant, former dean of admissions at UChicago Law) writes that for law school interviews women should wear "Understated (if any) jewelry (pearls, small gold or silver studs or hoops, wedding/engagement rings only)." Hope that helps some!

BronxToBoston
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:30 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby BronxToBoston » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:23 am

.
Last edited by BronxToBoston on Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bojack93
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:28 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby Bojack93 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:56 am

Can anyone speak to how the traffic ticket situation would actually play out when applying for admission to the bar? Granted it would differ by state, but if you disclose a speeding ticket to the bar that wasn't on your law school application, is that really a problem? People keep saying that they hope they don't find out in 3 years that x school didn't have a different interpretation of "minor traffic violation," but wouldn't the problem at that point be with the bar and not with the school? Would the folks at the bar go back and analyze the language on your law school's C&F question and determine that you should have disclosed it? If so, it seems like they would be expecting you to effectively parse through legal language before starting law school.

Maybe I'm being naive but it's difficult to envision the situation in which this creates an issue. If anyone could provide a summary of the process that would be helpful.

User avatar
SopranoSaxophone
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:40 am

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby SopranoSaxophone » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:04 am

Bojack93 wrote:Can anyone speak to how the traffic ticket situation would actually play out when applying for admission to the bar? Granted it would differ by state, but if you disclose a speeding ticket to the bar that wasn't on your law school application, is that really a problem? People keep saying that they hope they don't find out in 3 years that x school didn't have a different interpretation of "minor traffic violation," but wouldn't the problem at that point be with the bar and not with the school? Would the folks at the bar go back and analyze the language on your law school's C&F question and determine that you should have disclosed it? If so, it seems like they would be expecting you to effectively parse through legal language before starting law school.

Maybe I'm being naive but it's difficult to envision the situation in which this creates an issue. If anyone could provide a summary of the process that would be helpful.


I second this question, have similar concerns, and would love some insight.

User avatar
chargers21
Posts: 3661
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby chargers21 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:37 am

Bojack93 wrote:Can anyone speak to how the traffic ticket situation would actually play out when applying for admission to the bar? Granted it would differ by state, but if you disclose a speeding ticket to the bar that wasn't on your law school application, is that really a problem? People keep saying that they hope they don't find out in 3 years that x school didn't have a different interpretation of "minor traffic violation," but wouldn't the problem at that point be with the bar and not with the school? Would the folks at the bar go back and analyze the language on your law school's C&F question and determine that you should have disclosed it? If so, it seems like they would be expecting you to effectively parse through legal language before starting law school.

Maybe I'm being naive but it's difficult to envision the situation in which this creates an issue. If anyone could provide a summary of the process that would be helpful.

It's not an issue. If you law school app says to leave out a minor traffic violation like speeding and you do, the bar will not care that you include it on the bar application and not your law school application. They will see the language from the initial application. People just like to worry more than they should.

User avatar
blackmamba8
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby blackmamba8 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:23 pm

Edit
Last edited by blackmamba8 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Hennessy
Posts: 2090
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby Hennessy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:30 pm

lol
Case Western adcomm wrote:Because I am eager to consider you for admission, I've reserved these special privileges for you: a waived application fee and automatic scholarship consideration.

VinnyChase
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:01 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby VinnyChase » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:22 pm

Just sent in virtually all my apps - time to get active the forum :)

Platopus
Posts: 1467
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby Platopus » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:29 pm

.
Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

VinnyChase
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:01 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby VinnyChase » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:30 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:lol
Case Western adcomm wrote:Because I am eager to consider you for admission, I've reserved these special privileges for you: a waived application fee and automatic scholarship consideration.


so jelly

User avatar
NavyNuke
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby NavyNuke » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:46 pm

All I know is thank goodness for that Duke PT admit, cause this radio silence from the rest of the T14 is stressing me out!

User avatar
OakBrook2021
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:30 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby OakBrook2021 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:50 pm

NavyNuke wrote:All I know is thank goodness for that Duke PT admit, cause this radio silence from the rest of the T14 is stressing me out!


+1

User avatar
chrysippusofsoli
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:32 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby chrysippusofsoli » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:07 pm

OakBrook2021 wrote:
NavyNuke wrote:All I know is thank goodness for that Duke PT admit, cause this radio silence from the rest of the T14 is stressing me out!


+1


+2




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cwasser3, etramak, gayfish, Google Adsense [Bot], hi1everyone, It's All Thurgood, lr1234, neverland, Teacher, tony_dirko, yorb1192, Zoobanks and 70 guests