TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
covfefe

New

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Post by covfefe » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:22 pm

april_ludgate wrote:Haven’t heard anything in over a month and I’m getting so antsy. Is this what getting ghosted feels like????
I know people IRL who are getting acceptances back and front and meanwhile I'm in a corner crying because I just wanna feel like SOMEONE WANTS MEEEEEEE. even tho i submitted my apps like last month but wahtever.

^^ that fine print is me IRL.

I feel like I need a support group for looking at these status checkers. I almost wish they didn't have them. Like, it's good to know when my app is complete, but other than that, I don't really need this extra "UR" information that doesn't actually tell me anything about what's happening and makes me want to analyze/interpret it even though I can't and then bounce off the walls with anxiety because for some reason some date changed BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT MEANS AHHHHH.

I'm fine.

It's fine.

covfefe

New

Post by covfefe » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:34 pm

PS I know this is super late but, uh, checking in! Hope everyone is having a decent cycle so far!

mwells56

Silver

Post by mwells56 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:18 pm

Zero movement in months from Chicago (UR1 11/29), Michigan (Complete 11/21), UVA (UR1 11/14), NYU (UR1 11/13), and Vanderbilt (Complete 11/9, interview 12/1). Ugh.

april_ludgate

Bronze

Post by april_ludgate » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:40 pm

mwells56 wrote:Zero movement in months from Chicago (UR1 11/29), Michigan (Complete 11/21), UVA (UR1 11/14), NYU (UR1 11/13), and Vanderbilt (Complete 11/9, interview 12/1). Ugh.
I went under review at Chicago 11/27 and just got my interview request today! Don't lose hope you got this!

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:28 pm

Hey guys,

I sent applications to 10 schools on December 24th, then on the 27th I realized I forgot to attach a character and fitness addendum to my apps and sent it to all schools via email. All but a couple schools emailed me back as soon as they could (on or before January 2nd) to tell me they received my addendum and it had been added to my file. But my concern is that since then I have not received any status checker info from any schools. I know it hasn't been that much time since I sent my applications, but a couple schools I applied to have had real quick decision turn around times (like 1-2 weeks) this cycle so it has been a bit concerning to not hear anything from theses schools especially after 2 weeks. My question is whats is the longest you had to wait for status checker info? I applied last cycle and all schools got back to me within a week or 2 so this longer wait is making me panic quite a bit actually.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ticket

New

Post by ticket » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:23 pm

Last edited by ticket on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlendedUnicorn

Platinum

Post by BlendedUnicorn » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:27 pm

MercW07 wrote:Hey guys,

I sent applications to 10 schools on December 24th, then on the 27th I realized I forgot to attach a character and fitness addendum to my apps and sent it to all schools via email. All but a couple schools emailed me back as soon as they could (on or before January 2nd) to tell me they received my addendum and it had been added to my file. But my concern is that since then I have not received any status checker info from any schools. I know it hasn't been that much time since I sent my applications, but a couple schools I applied to have had real quick decision turn around times (like 1-2 weeks) this cycle so it has been a bit concerning to not hear anything from theses schools especially after 2 weeks. My question is whats is the longest you had to wait for status checker info? I applied last cycle and all schools got back to me within a week or 2 so this longer wait is making me panic quite a bit actually.
Best to think of your apps as if you sent them in the first week of January.

LiveJustly390

New

Post by LiveJustly390 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:53 pm

covfefe wrote:
april_ludgate wrote:Haven’t heard anything in over a month and I’m getting so antsy. Is this what getting ghosted feels like????
I know people IRL who are getting acceptances back and front and meanwhile I'm in a corner crying because I just wanna feel like SOMEONE WANTS MEEEEEEE. even tho i submitted my apps like last month but wahtever.

^^ that fine print is me IRL.

I feel like I need a support group for looking at these status checkers. I almost wish they didn't have them. Like, it's good to know when my app is complete, but other than that, I don't really need this extra "UR" information that doesn't actually tell me anything about what's happening and makes me want to analyze/interpret it even though I can't and then bounce off the walls with anxiety because for some reason some date changed BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT MEANS AHHHHH.

I'm fine.

It's fine.
Yeah even though I know that sometimes the UR stuff means nothing (I had zero changes on UVA for the UR date and got an interview request and after that was admitted) I STILL CHECK THE OTHER ONES and I DO NOT KNOW WHY. I mean I could get admitted through the status checker but I still check the dates on the UR portion. And it’s dumb. Because it means nothing. But I still do it. :oops:

SopranoSaxophone

Bronze

Post by SopranoSaxophone » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:10 pm

Has anyone compiled a list of which T14 schools (if any) require students to include their parent's financial info in the FAFSA filing? I've looked into it as best I can, but not every school makes their preference easy to find, and I'd love to see something I could cross-reference.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

allezallez21

New

Post by allezallez21 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:14 pm

http://blog.spiveyconsulting.com/brief- ... from-1-15/

Nice cycle update from Spivey. Explains/hypothesizes about a slower cycle.

Silver

Post by AvatarMeelo » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:31 pm

What’s the scale for noting scholarship offers? I think it was posted here before about $=25%, $$=50%, etc. but I can’t recall whether it’s of COL or of tuition.
Last edited by AvatarMeelo on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:33 pm

AvatarMeelo wrote:What’s the scale for noting scholarship offers? I think it was posted here before about $=25%, $$=50%, etc. but I can’t recall whether it’s of COL or of tuition.
Usually it's % of tuition.

wmbuff

Bronze

Post by wmbuff » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:43 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
AvatarMeelo wrote:What’s the scale for noting scholarship offers? I think it was posted here before about $=25%, $$=50%, etc. but I can’t recall whether it’s of COL or of tuition.
The system I liked was:
$ = up to 1/3 of tuition
$$ = 1/3 to 2/3 of tuition
$$$ = 2/3 to 99% of tuition
$$$$ = full tuition or more

I can't recall who formulated it, but a search of this thread will probably reveal the answer.

Edit: it was principalagent!
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:50 pm

wmbuff wrote:Edit: it was principalagent!
8)

Silver

Post by AvatarMeelo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:34 am

wmbuff wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
The system I liked was:
$ = up to 1/3 of tuition
$$ = 1/3 to 2/3 of tuition
$$$ = 2/3 to 99% of tuition
$$$$ = full tuition or more

I can't recall who formulated it, but a search of this thread will probably reveal the answer.

Edit: it was principalagent!
Can we get this in the OP pls!
Last edited by AvatarMeelo on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LiveJustly390

New

Post by LiveJustly390 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:00 am

SopranoSaxophone wrote:Has anyone compiled a list of which T14 schools (if any) require students to include their parent's financial info in the FAFSA filing? I've looked into it as best I can, but not every school makes their preference easy to find, and I'd love to see something I could cross-reference.
It’s not all of the T14 but applied to Georgetown, Michigan, NYU, Virginia, and Northwestern - I think the only one of those that required parent info on the FAFSA was Virginia! Hope that helps a bit.

rachelac

Bronze

Post by rachelac » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:05 am

LiveJustly390 wrote:
SopranoSaxophone wrote:Has anyone compiled a list of which T14 schools (if any) require students to include their parent's financial info in the FAFSA filing? I've looked into it as best I can, but not every school makes their preference easy to find, and I'd love to see something I could cross-reference.
It’s not all of the T14 but applied to Georgetown, Michigan, NYU, Virginia, and Northwestern - I think the only one of those that required parent info on the FAFSA was Virginia! Hope that helps a bit.
Northwestern definitely does unless you're over 26. They also make you submit everything over again, separately, through a Google form, which was a HUGE pain since I live across the country from my parents.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:00 pm

LiveJustly390 wrote:
Duke will as well

DorkothyParker

Bronze

Post by DorkothyParker » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:24 pm

If I am good with my acceptance list, can I start negotiating additional scholarship funds now or should I wait so the schools have a handle on their initial offers?

kippercd

Bronze

Post by kippercd » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:26 pm

DorkothyParker wrote:If I am good with my acceptance list, can I start negotiating additional scholarship funds now or should I wait so the schools have a handle on their initial offers?
If you have scholarship offers from the schools you want go ahead! But if you haven't heard yet from then then it's not a good idea to start trying to get more
Last edited by kippercd on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DorkothyParker

Bronze

Post by DorkothyParker » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:37 pm

kippercd wrote:
DorkothyParker wrote:If I am good with my acceptance list, can I start negotiating additional scholarship funds now or should I wait so the schools have a handle on their initial offers?
If you have scholarship offers from the schools you want go ahead! But if you haven't heard yet from then then it's not a good idea to start trying to get more

I can see I was unclear. I have $$-$$$ offers and I'm just working to bridge the gap. I will start now. Thank you!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

MonicaYoung_LOL

Bronze

Post by MonicaYoung_LOL » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:04 pm

Completely unrelated to the current convo, but is anyone driven absolutely insane when people on TLS write comebacks like, "Clearly, the legal profession isn't for you if you're not even going to READ carefully enough to know this isn't what I meant in my post"? Like, (1) chill out; (2) writing on a forum isn't quite the same as engaging in academic and/or professional law; and (3) the people who post it are 0Ls themselves, so I'm not sure how they know so much about being ~law students~ and ~lawyers~... Sorry slightly tangential, just feeling a lot of feels re: people who are so unnecessarily aggressive towards others here... I mean, no one's said it to me, but I just cringe every time I read it because I'm like, seriously? This is worse than the pre-med kids who try to diagnose you with ailments with only a basic understanding of organic chemistry...

rideagain

Bronze

Post by rideagain » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:06 pm

MonicaYoung_LOL wrote:Completely unrelated to the current convo, but is anyone driven absolutely insane when people on TLS write comebacks like, "Clearly, the legal profession isn't for you if you're not even going to READ carefully enough to know this isn't what I meant in my post"? Like, (1) chill out; (2) writing on a forum isn't quite the same as engaging in academic and/or professional law; and (3) the people who post it are 0Ls themselves, so I'm not sure how they know so much about being ~law students~ and ~lawyers~... Sorry slightly tangential, just feeling a lot of feels re: people who are so unnecessarily aggressive towards others here... I mean, no one's said it to me, but I just cringe every time I read it because I'm like, seriously? This is worse than the pre-med kids who try to diagnose you with ailments with only a basic understanding of organic chemistry...
aka future gunners

Bronze

Post by 38981928 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:12 pm

MonicaYoung_LOL wrote:Completely unrelated to the current convo, but is anyone driven absolutely insane when people on TLS write comebacks like, "Clearly, the legal profession isn't for you if you're not even going to READ carefully enough to know this isn't what I meant in my post"? Like, (1) chill out; (2) writing on a forum isn't quite the same as engaging in academic and/or professional law; and (3) the people who post it are 0Ls themselves, so I'm not sure how they know so much about being ~law students~ and ~lawyers~... Sorry slightly tangential, just feeling a lot of feels re: people who are so unnecessarily aggressive towards others here... I mean, no one's said it to me, but I just cringe every time I read it because I'm like, seriously? This is worse than the pre-med kids who try to diagnose you with ailments with only a basic understanding of organic chemistry...
Yesssssssss. Some people here can be so sassy and rude!!! I know most of us are anonymous here but damn what has anyone ever gained from being like that? No wonder a lot of people hate lawyers lol

subpoenacolada

Bronze

Post by subpoenacolada » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:14 pm

Lol I definitely agree, but what's TLS without a little self-satisfied gunner snark?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”