Multiple offers from WL question

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cleancity

Multiple offers from WL question

Postby cleancity » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:33 pm

I recently received an acceptance from a school I was waitlisted at. I am very excited about it, and plan to accept the offer. That being said, I am currently still waitlisted at two other schools, both of which I would seriously consider and most likely attend if accepted off their waitlists. Am I allowed to accept this recent offer from the waitlist now, and then potentially jump ship and accept another waitlist offer if I am accepted later this summer? I am going to make sure that my waitlist offer this morning is non-binding, but I am hoping for some general guidance and direction for this waitlist stuff. Thank you! -Cleancity

stego

Re: Multiple offers from WL question

Postby stego » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:09 pm

Yes, you're allowed to withdraw from the first waitlist school if you get into a second waitlist school. They can't force you to attend. They might make you pay a seat deposit while you wait for School #2 to come through though.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”