Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:17 pm
I recently received an acceptance from a school I was waitlisted at. I am very excited about it, and plan to accept the offer. That being said, I am currently still waitlisted at two other schools, both of which I would seriously consider and most likely attend if accepted off their waitlists. Am I allowed to accept this recent offer from the waitlist now, and then potentially jump ship and accept another waitlist offer if I am accepted later this summer? I am going to make sure that my waitlist offer this morning is non-binding, but I am hoping for some general guidance and direction for this waitlist stuff. Thank you! -Cleancity
- Posts: 5302
- Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:23 am
Yes, you're allowed to withdraw from the first waitlist school if you get into a second waitlist school. They can't force you to attend. They might make you pay a seat deposit while you wait for School #2 to come through though.