Duke Class of 2020 Waitlist

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

If admitted, would you pay sticker?

Poll ended at Sun May 28, 2017 9:49 pm

Yes!
7
30%
Ugh, no.
16
70%
 
Total votes: 23

User avatar
34iplaw
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: Duke Class of 2020 Waitlist

Postby 34iplaw » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:47 am

Nero21 wrote:How many people do you guys think have gotten in off the waitlist or will get in off the waitlist for Duke?

Duke will probably have movement from CLS and NYU accepting off their WL. I can't really comment as to any specific numbers, as one must remember Duke Law is a fairly small class.

asdfghjk2017
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:24 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2020 Waitlist

Postby asdfghjk2017 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:19 am

Just got in off the waitlist!!

User avatar
btruj777
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:31 am

Re: Duke Class of 2020 Waitlist

Postby btruj777 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:05 am

asdfghjk2017 wrote:Just got in off the waitlist!!




Congrats! How did they let you know?

asdfghjk2017
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:24 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2020 Waitlist

Postby asdfghjk2017 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:09 am

btruj777 wrote:
asdfghjk2017 wrote:Just got in off the waitlist!!




Congrats! How did they let you know?


Received an email this morning; thank you! :D

schmem
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:32 am

Re: Duke Class of 2020 Waitlist

Postby schmem » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:55 am

asdfghjk2017 wrote:
btruj777 wrote:
asdfghjk2017 wrote:Just got in off the waitlist!!




Congrats! How did they let you know?


Received an email this morning; thank you! :D

Congratulations! Were you PR?

asdfghjk2017
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:24 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2020 Waitlist

Postby asdfghjk2017 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:46 pm

schmem wrote:
asdfghjk2017 wrote:
btruj777 wrote:
asdfghjk2017 wrote:Just got in off the waitlist!!




Congrats! How did they let you know?


Received an email this morning; thank you! :D

Congratulations! Were you PR?


Thank you and no I was not. I sent in one LOCI and a previous employer sent in an additional LOR for me last week so maybe that helped my application?

lagavulinjoe
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:34 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2020 Waitlist

Postby lagavulinjoe » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:29 pm

asdfghjk2017 wrote:Yes, PR. No call or feeler. Just an email from Dean Hoye that says I am admitted.


+1...
Regular waitlist


whoa congrats - does this throw a wrench in your plans for law school or are you still going with penn


Stats?

asdfghjk2017
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:24 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2020 Waitlist

Postby asdfghjk2017 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:19 pm

asdfghjk2017 wrote:
schmem wrote:
asdfghjk2017 wrote:
btruj777 wrote:
asdfghjk2017 wrote:Just got in off the waitlist!!




Congrats! How did they let you know?


Received an email this morning; thank you! :D

Congratulations! Were you PR?


Thank you and no I was not. I sent in one LOCI and a previous employer sent in an additional LOR for me last week so maybe that helped my application?


My stats are the same as a few others who have gotten in off the waitlist recently: 3.79, 164, non-URM

StopLawying
Posts: 682
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 am

Re: Duke Class of 2020 Waitlist

Postby StopLawying » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:16 pm

Withdrew recently from WL. Loved everything about Duke, but the move to Durham would've been too much for me considering school starts in around 2 months.

Good luck to everyone else waiting!

User avatar
lula43
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:33 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2020 Waitlist

Postby lula43 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:46 am

what defines a "feeler email" from Duke? I may have gotten one..

User avatar
EWofNell
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:26 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2020 Waitlist

Postby EWofNell » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:48 am

lula43 wrote:what defines a "feeler email" from Duke? I may have gotten one..


Yeah I just got an email as well. I'm a reverse splitter. It seems like it could be a general email though so I'm not sure.

littlekidlover
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:02 am

Re: Duke Class of 2020 Waitlist

Postby littlekidlover » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:13 am

It's a general email, assuming you got the one with the brief form.

User avatar
haley12
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: Duke Class of 2020 Waitlist

Postby haley12 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:59 am

also got the email and withdrew. Good luck everyone!

lucretius_
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:58 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2020 Waitlist

Postby lucretius_ » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:00 pm

lula43 wrote:what defines a "feeler email" from Duke? I may have gotten one..


Yeah, I got it too. It doesn't strike me as a feeler. More like "Hey, there may be a few spots opening later...so do you really want to wait around for another month or two?"

I've deposited at another school and am about to move into a new apartment on Friday. Everything is telling me to withdraw, but for some reason (ehem...hi, ego) I want to ride it out.

YoungSimba
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:06 am

Re: Duke Class of 2020 Waitlist

Postby YoungSimba » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:46 am

pleaseeeeee withdraw if you are not serious :lol:

User avatar
chargers21
Posts: 3455
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2020 Waitlist

Postby chargers21 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:31 pm

I withdrew from my seat recently so best of luck to whomever gets it

StopLawying
Posts: 682
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 am

Re: Duke Class of 2020 Waitlist

Postby StopLawying » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:24 pm

YoungSimba wrote:pleaseeeeee withdraw if you are not serious :lol:


This please.

RedPurpleBlue
Posts: 431
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:41 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2020 Waitlist

Postby RedPurpleBlue » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:34 pm

I was accepted off the waitlist today for all those wondering if there is still any movement.

My advice would be to send in an additional LOR and to send in a Why Duke? essay. I think it's very important to specifically emphasize why Duke is the best choice for your legal career and aspirations.

User avatar
chargers21
Posts: 3455
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2020 Waitlist

Postby chargers21 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:47 pm

RedPurpleBlue wrote:I was accepted off the waitlist today for all those wondering if there is still any movement.

My advice would be to send in an additional LOR and to send in a Why Duke? essay. I think it's very important to specifically emphasize why Duke is the best choice for your legal career and aspirations.

First confirmed movement since my withdrawal became official :shock: congrats!

User avatar
gargleblaster
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:05 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2020 Waitlist

Postby gargleblaster » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:01 pm

they let me in a few weeks ago but wouldnt play ball so i'm out.

RedPurpleBlue
Posts: 431
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:41 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2020 Waitlist

Postby RedPurpleBlue » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:27 pm

gargleblaster wrote:they let me in a few weeks ago but wouldnt play ball so i'm out.


Wouldn't play ball? Could you elaborate? I'm assuming they offered you $0.

Also, @Chargers21, thanks!

ciceroforumhands
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 12:22 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2020 Waitlist

Postby ciceroforumhands » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:56 pm

Any recent WL admits hear anything on financial aid after submitting the scholarship app?

User avatar
gargleblaster
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:05 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2020 Waitlist

Postby gargleblaster » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:36 pm

RedPurpleBlue wrote:
gargleblaster wrote:they let me in a few weeks ago but wouldnt play ball so i'm out.


Wouldn't play ball? Could you elaborate? I'm assuming they offered you $0.

Also, @Chargers21, thanks!


nah not 0 but a pathetic amount compared to my other offers.

Nero21
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:33 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2020 Waitlist

Postby Nero21 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:16 am

Any movement been happening ?

lucretius_
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:58 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2020 Waitlist

Postby lucretius_ » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:00 pm

Nero21 wrote:Any movement been happening ?


Withdrew today after the latest email. Good luck to anyone else still waiting it out!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests