UC Hastings LEOP

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sconcep

UC Hastings LEOP

Postby sconcep » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:50 pm

Has anyone applied for the 2017-2018 term and received a response? I applied in late February and have yet to receive a response. Emailed a few days back and was told today to wait "a couple more weeks." Definitely stressing now. :(

S3r@f1

Re: UC Hastings LEOP

Postby S3r@f1 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:47 pm

I believe I applied after you did and was admitted about a week or two later. However, since you were informed that you should wait a few more weeks, I would not stress out too much yet. I have since withdrawn my spot, I hope it might help. Good luck!

tinkcuture07

Postby tinkcuture07 » Mon May 01, 2017 5:56 pm

sconcep wrote:Has anyone applied for the 2017-2018 term and received a response? I applied in late February and have yet to receive a response. Emailed a few days back and was told today to wait "a couple more weeks." Definitely stressing now. :(

Yes. I applied in early November and have yet to receive a response. Emailed them in early March and they told the exactly what they told you - to wait a few weeks. Emailed them again today. Let's see what they say.

sconcep

Postby sconcep » Mon May 01, 2017 11:47 pm

tinkcuture07 wrote:
sconcep wrote:Has anyone applied for the 2017-2018 term and received a response? I applied in late February and have yet to receive a response. Emailed a few days back and was told today to wait "a couple more weeks." Definitely stressing now. :(

Yes. I applied in early November and have yet to receive a response. Emailed them in early March and they told the exactly what they told you - to wait a few weeks. Emailed them again today. Let's see what they say.

It's ridiculous how long they're taking! I know it's a different process that assesses applications individually but many deadlines for seat deposits have passed/are soon coming. I'm going to have to pass if they end up offering me a spot, I couldn't wait and see so I've committed elsewhere. Hope they reach back to you soon!

tinkcuture07

Postby tinkcuture07 » Thu May 04, 2017 5:12 pm

sconcep wrote:
tinkcuture07 wrote:

It's ridiculous how long they're taking! I know it's a different process that assesses applications individually but many deadlines for seat deposits have passed/are soon coming. I'm going to have to pass if they end up offering me a spot, I couldn't wait and see so I've committed elsewhere. Hope they reach back to you soon!

Agreed! I submitted my application on November 2nd. Funny thing is that I've applied before and been accepted. In 2015 I was admitted on 3/28 after submitting my application on 2/2 (the deadline) but didn't attend for personal reasons that year. So I'm not sure what's going on. I've heard that Hastings might remove the LEOP program so that might have to do with why maybe LEOP students are waiting till the end of the cycle. Just a thought but who knows. Anyway, they responded today and they told me that they forwarded my inquiry to the enrollment manager and they were going to look into my file (as if they haven't had enough time already).

Good call on committing elsewhere. I'll probably have to pass up too if I get an offer unless I get some type of decent scholarship. Good luck to you!!!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”