NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your status?

Applicant Confirmed on Wait List
86
55%
UR 1
1
1%
UR 2
6
4%
DLS
1
1%
In off the WL!!
27
17%
Just here to point and laugh
36
23%
 
Total votes: 157

schmem

New
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:32 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby schmem » Mon May 22, 2017 12:44 pm

So we can pretty safely assume that there won't be any status changes until next week, right? Probably Tuesday at the earliest?

Loveviolets

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:56 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby Loveviolets » Mon May 22, 2017 12:58 pm

schmem wrote:So we can pretty safely assume that there won't be any status changes until next week, right? Probably Tuesday at the earliest?


Wait, I thought it was supposed to be status changes and feeler emails this week and then admits on the 26th??

sittykitty

Bronze
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:32 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby sittykitty » Mon May 22, 2017 1:06 pm

I'm experiencing sticker shock

schmem

New
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:32 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby schmem » Mon May 22, 2017 1:15 pm

Loveviolets wrote:
schmem wrote:So we can pretty safely assume that there won't be any status changes until next week, right? Probably Tuesday at the earliest?


Wait, I thought it was supposed to be status changes and feeler emails this week and then admits on the 26th??

I figured they wouldn't start reviewing again until after the notification deadline for the last wave, which is the 26th.

User avatar
jessmeesh

Bronze
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby jessmeesh » Mon May 22, 2017 1:39 pm

schmem wrote:
Loveviolets wrote:
schmem wrote:So we can pretty safely assume that there won't be any status changes until next week, right? Probably Tuesday at the earliest?


Wait, I thought it was supposed to be status changes and feeler emails this week and then admits on the 26th??

I figured they wouldn't start reviewing again until after the notification deadline for the last wave, which is the 26th.



I REALLY hope they move quickly after the 26th. I owe another $500 to my backup on 6/1 that I really don't want to pay.

User avatar
Instrumental

Silver
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby Instrumental » Mon May 22, 2017 1:42 pm

jessmeesh wrote:
schmem wrote:
Loveviolets wrote:
schmem wrote:So we can pretty safely assume that there won't be any status changes until next week, right? Probably Tuesday at the earliest?


Wait, I thought it was supposed to be status changes and feeler emails this week and then admits on the 26th??

I figured they wouldn't start reviewing again until after the notification deadline for the last wave, which is the 26th.



I REALLY hope they move quickly after the 26th. I owe another $500 to my backup on 6/1 that I really don't want to pay.

This but $1500. TLS I need a crying emoji.

User avatar
jessmeesh

Bronze
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby jessmeesh » Mon May 22, 2017 2:04 pm

Instrumental wrote:
This but $1500. TLS I need a crying emoji.



GULC?

User avatar
Instrumental

Silver
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby Instrumental » Mon May 22, 2017 2:12 pm

Yep. They sent an enticing seat deposit waiver form to me last week. Of course that would require abandoning all waitlists though.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4641
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby proteinshake » Mon May 22, 2017 2:24 pm

Instrumental wrote:Yep. They sent an enticing seat deposit waiver form to me last week. Of course that would require abandoning all waitlists though.

all WLs or all acceptances? don't think they're allowed to make you withdraw from WLs.

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Mon May 22, 2017 2:28 pm

I think we're right to assume we won't hear anything until the first deadline. in years prior the second UR/feeler wave happened on the deadline day - exactly 10 days after the acceptance call/email.

so, it's possible we'll see some feeler emails and UR changes at the end of this week.

User avatar
Instrumental

Silver
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby Instrumental » Mon May 22, 2017 2:31 pm

proteinshake wrote:
Instrumental wrote:Yep. They sent an enticing seat deposit waiver form to me last week. Of course that would require abandoning all waitlists though.

all WLs or all acceptances? don't think they're allowed to make you withdraw from WLs.
All WL's and acceptances. The waiver is optional, I can still fork up the $1,500 and remain on the waitlists (and potentially get $750 back if I get in on a WL and withdraw from GULC before June 7th).

User avatar
jessmeesh

Bronze
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby jessmeesh » Mon May 22, 2017 2:44 pm

Instrumental wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Instrumental wrote:Yep. They sent an enticing seat deposit waiver form to me last week. Of course that would require abandoning all waitlists though.

all WLs or all acceptances? don't think they're allowed to make you withdraw from WLs.
All WL's and acceptances. The waiver is optional, I can still fork up the $1,500 and remain on the waitlists (and potentially get $750 back if I get in on a WL and withdraw from GULC before June 7th).



I was WLd by GULC, but one of the factors in withdrawing for me was the absurd deposit amounts. But at least you could get some of it back.

User avatar
jessmeesh

Bronze
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby jessmeesh » Mon May 22, 2017 2:45 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:so, it's possible we'll see some feeler emails and UR changes at the end of this week.


That would be amazing.

goldenbear2020

Silver
Posts: 629
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby goldenbear2020 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:15 pm

Instrumental wrote:
goldenbear2020 wrote:Just withdrew from the WL (still ACWL). Good luck everyone!

Thanks. Good luck to you too. Where you headed? GULC?

Yep, sent in my 2nd deposit waiver form.

User avatar
jessmeesh

Bronze
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby jessmeesh » Tue May 23, 2017 10:33 am

Has anyone who has called admissions about their app gotten any sort of substantive response? I've seen stories on reddit of people asking what they can do to strengthen their app and actually getting a response rather a generic answer. Just curious if anyone has had any similar interactions with NYU - I'm super hesitant to make an ass of myself.

Also has anyone sucessfully used an upcoming deposit deadline to get a decision?

schmem

New
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:32 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby schmem » Tue May 23, 2017 10:43 am

jessmeesh wrote:Has anyone who has called admissions about their app gotten any sort of substantive response? I've seen stories on reddit of people asking what they can do to strengthen their app and actually getting a response rather a generic answer. Just curious if anyone has had any similar interactions with NYU - I'm super hesitant to make an ass of myself.

Also has anyone sucessfully used an upcoming deposit deadline to get a decision?

I tried to use a deposit deadline to get an initial decision and got a form email back that basically said "lol no."

User avatar
jessmeesh

Bronze
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby jessmeesh » Tue May 23, 2017 10:47 am

schmem wrote:
jessmeesh wrote:Has anyone who has called admissions about their app gotten any sort of substantive response? I've seen stories on reddit of people asking what they can do to strengthen their app and actually getting a response rather a generic answer. Just curious if anyone has had any similar interactions with NYU - I'm super hesitant to make an ass of myself.

Also has anyone sucessfully used an upcoming deposit deadline to get a decision?

I tried to use a deposit deadline to get an initial decision and got a form email back that basically said "lol no."



Welp, thats good to know lol

Zipman

New
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:22 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby Zipman » Tue May 23, 2017 10:51 am

.
Last edited by Zipman on Thu May 25, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Wed May 24, 2017 1:14 pm

popping in to say hi and I hate you, NYU!
but also accept me.
now.


choose me. love me.
- Meredith Grey, Grey's Anatomy (S1)

User avatar
jessmeesh

Bronze
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby jessmeesh » Wed May 24, 2017 1:29 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:choose me. love me.
- Meredith Grey, Grey's Anatomy (S1)


+180 for that quote

User avatar
meemow

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby meemow » Wed May 24, 2017 9:10 pm

Hi! Has anyone else gone UR? I got a status change!

User avatar
haley12

Silver
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby haley12 » Wed May 24, 2017 9:36 pm

meemow wrote:Hi! Has anyone else gone UR? I got a status change!


Ugh no :( next wave maybe?

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Wed May 24, 2017 9:37 pm

Another above 75th LSAT.
Last edited by SybillAnnDorsett on Wed May 24, 2017 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
melmelcoolj

Bronze
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby melmelcoolj » Wed May 24, 2017 9:45 pm

haley12 wrote:
meemow wrote:Hi! Has anyone else gone UR? I got a status change!


Ugh no :( next wave maybe?


No, crying myself to sleep, and I have a LSAT slightly above their 75th.

User avatar
charles117

Bronze
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby charles117 » Wed May 24, 2017 9:47 pm

Wait what happened did I miss something?



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: legallyblonde2018 and 16 guests