NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your status?

Applicant Confirmed on Wait List
86
55%
UR 1
1
1%
UR 2
6
4%
DLS
1
1%
In off the WL!!
27
17%
Just here to point and laugh
35
22%
 
Total votes: 156

User avatar
Po$eidon
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby Po$eidon » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:51 pm

mtf612 wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
Don't feel pressured to withdraw by anyone on here, please.


+180

I would "need" NYU to offer aid close to (or exactly) the aid the 11 other people with my numbers got this cycle. I don't know why I was the one waitlisted, and I'm not sure if I'd be able to get the above need filled, but I'm not withdrawing just because people on TLS want me to. NYU is my dream and I'm not giving up.


Same in every way

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:55 pm

2015 Miraclez: Accepted from Waitlist

May 10th
May 25th
June 1st
June 8th
June 13th
June 23rd
Hope for Waitlisted Reverse Splitters: 163, 4.18; 164, 3.97; 162, 3.71 - all ultimately accepted and 2/3 non-URM.
Hope for Waitlisted Splitters: 170, 3.35 & 172, 3.25 - all ultimately accepted/non-URM

User avatar
jessmeesh
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby jessmeesh » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:58 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:2015 Miraclez: Accepted from Waitlist




The data we all need to fuel our neuroticism.

User avatar
govlife
Posts: 264
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:41 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby govlife » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:22 pm

Checking in, but unless I find $1000 sitting around in the next few days I'll be withdrawing and committing elsewhere.

User avatar
meemow
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby meemow » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:51 pm

Checking into splitter purgatory too!

User avatar
skurfy
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:45 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby skurfy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:29 pm

Checking in - always amuses me that my exact numbers are on that miracles list :shock:

11th WL - kinda salty Nightwing beat me to King of the WL.

Okay real question especially relevant in here: How is everyone planning on financing law school at sticker, or what offers $, $$, $$$, from what rank of schools are keeping you from committing to sticker?

Edit: If financing = loans, how do you plan on repaying them?

User avatar
jessmeesh
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby jessmeesh » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:34 pm

skurfy wrote:Checking in - always amuses me that my exact numbers are on that miracles list :shock:

11th WL - kinda salty Nightwing beat me to King of the WL.

Okay real question especially relevant in here: How is everyone planning on financing law school at sticker, or what offers $, $$, $$$, from what rank of schools are keeping you from committing to sticker?

Edit: If financing = loans, how do you plan on repaying them?


I'll take any of the waitlists I'm still on at sticker, and will be loan financing. If I don't have any WL luck I'm off to BU with close to full tuition. As for repayment - I'm eating the sticker cost on the assumption that my salary post-graduation and beyond will justify the extra cost. I have undergrad debt too, so I need my best chance at Big Law to pay it all off.

User avatar
govlife
Posts: 264
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:41 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby govlife » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:43 pm

skurfy wrote:Checking in - always amuses me that my exact numbers are on that miracles list :shock:

11th WL - kinda salty Nightwing beat me to King of the WL.

Okay real question especially relevant in here: How is everyone planning on financing law school at sticker, or what offers $, $$, $$$, from what rank of schools are keeping you from committing to sticker?

Edit: If financing = loans, how do you plan on repaying them?

Was seriously considering NYU at sticker/just need based aid, then financing with loans and planning on PI. Then, was offered almost full tuition at GULC, where my husband can make most of our cost of living teaching and have become pretty committed to the idea and the low cost. Will probably be withdrawing from the WL this weekend.

User avatar
skurfy
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:45 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby skurfy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:48 pm

govlife wrote:Was seriously considering NYU at sticker/just need based aid, then financing with loans and planning on PI. Then, was offered almost full tuition at GULC, where my husband can make most of our cost of living teaching and have become pretty committed to the idea and the low cost. Will probably be withdrawing from the WL this weekend.


That sounds like an amazing situation at GULC, congrats!

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:49 pm

okay people here's the LSN data so you have it here, too -
[+] Spoiler
2015-2016 DATA:
For the 2015-2016 cycle, here's data for 12 waitlisted people who ultimately were accepted.
May 10th:
1. 162, 3.71
2. 173, 3.9
3. 164, 3.97
4. 168, 3.7

May 25th:
1. 163, 4.18
2. 164, 4.0

June 1st, 8th, 13th, 23rd, and 28th, respectively:
1. 170, 3.35
2. 166, 3.82
3. 168, 3.83 - $$
4. 172, 3.25
5. 175, 3.84 - $$ *with a side of, gurrrrrl you better get your life sis!

2014-2015 DATA:
For the 2014-2015 cycle, here's data for 9 waitlisted people who ultimately were accepted.
6 of the 9 people report getting accepted on May 6th.
1. 175, 3.23
2. 165, 3.89 - $
3. 160, 3.91
4. 165, 3.97 - $
5. 175, 3.29 - $$
6. 177, 3.67

There were two acceptances on June 2nd
1. 177, 3.67 - $$$
2. 169, 3.76. - $

There was one acceptance on June 24th
1. 164, 3.84

2013-2014 DATA:
For the 2013-2014 cycle, here's data for 11 waitlisted people who ultimately were accepted.
In May, 3:
1. 170, 3.6 - May 7th
2. 167, 3.88 - May 8th
3. 170, 3.73 - May 9th - $
In June, 3:
1. 169, 3.83 - June 6th
2. 166, 3.6 - June 13th
3. 169, 3.76 - June 14th
In July, 3:
1.167, 3.9 - July 7th
2. 174, 3.6 - July 8th - $
3. 158, 3.96 - July 15th
In August (yup), 2:
1. 173, 3.19 - August 8th - Was a January applicant
2. 167, 3.9 - August 18th - Was an October applicant.
Last edited by SybillAnnDorsett on Tue May 02, 2017 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ktgjoon
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:11 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby ktgjoon » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:52 pm

Hello! A few questions: 1.) does the waitlist letter provide you with a specific link to submit LOCIs or are we just supposed to email admissions? 2.) Do they let you know of your ranking on the WL?
(I haven't received the official WL letter yet but I'm p positive that's where Imma end up)

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:56 pm

.
Last edited by SybillAnnDorsett on Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
govlife
Posts: 264
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:41 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby govlife » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:00 pm

skurfy wrote:
govlife wrote:Was seriously considering NYU at sticker/just need based aid, then financing with loans and planning on PI. Then, was offered almost full tuition at GULC, where my husband can make most of our cost of living teaching and have become pretty committed to the idea and the low cost. Will probably be withdrawing from the WL this weekend.


That sounds like an amazing situation at GULC, congrats!

Thanks! It's been a hard decision to make, maybe because I'm on 5 waitlists and was hesitant to give them all up. Especially for Georgetown which isn't always known for being the best option.

goldenbear2020
Posts: 588
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby goldenbear2020 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:01 pm

ktgjoon wrote:Hello! A few questions: 1.) does the waitlist letter provide you with a specific link to submit LOCIs or are we just supposed to email admissions? 2.) Do they let you know of your ranking on the WL?
(I haven't received the official WL letter yet but I'm p positive that's where Imma end up)

1.) no link provided
2.) "3) IS THE WAIT LIST RANKED?
We do not rank our wait list. Since the active wait list is constantly changing, we feel that a static ranking is potentially misleading and that keeping the entire active wait list under consideration is in the best interest of those on the wait list and the School of Law. When it is clear we can make additional offers of admission, we will consider the entire active wait list for those spaces. We will compare each candidate to all others and admit a number that reflects available spaces at that time."

ewalkiee
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:32 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby ewalkiee » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:04 pm

So, hypothetically, if you're offered admission from the waitlist, how long do you have to decide whether or not to accept it?

goldenbear2020
Posts: 588
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby goldenbear2020 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:07 pm

ewalkiee wrote:So, hypothetically, if you're offered admission from the waitlist, how long do you have to decide whether or not to accept it?

Sounds like at least a week, taking into account any financial aid offer.

"10) WILL FINANCIAL AID BE AVAILABLE IF I AM ADMITTED?
Students admitted from the wait list will be evaluated for need-based financial aid. Federal loans will be available, and all NYU Law JD graduates who work in an eligible public interest position are eligible to receive benefits from our generous LRAP program. Students who are admitted will receive a financial aid decision within one week of our receipt of the completed NYU financial aid application."

User avatar
haley12
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby haley12 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:07 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:okay people here's the LSN data so you have it here, too -
[+] Spoiler
2015-2016 DATA:
For the 2015-2016 cycle, here's data for 12 waitlisted people who ultimately were accepted.
May 10th:
1. 162, 3.71
2. 173, 3.9 (LMAO - this was Dante; if I were him, I'd have sued)
3. 164, 3.97
4. 168, 3.7

May 25th:
1. 163, 4.18
2. 164, 4.0

June 1st, 8th, 13th, 23rd, and 28th, respectively:
1. 170, 3.35
2. 166, 3.82
3. 168, 3.83 - $$
4. 172, 3.25
5. 175, 3.84 - $$ *with a side of, gurrrrrl you better get your life sis!

2014-2015 DATA:
For the 2014-2015 cycle, here's data for 9 waitlisted people who ultimately were accepted.
6 of the 9 people report getting accepted on May 6th.
1. 175, 3.23
2. 165, 3.89 - $
3. 160, 3.91
4. 165, 3.97 - $
5. 175, 3.29 - $$
6. 177, 3.67

There were two acceptances on June 2nd
1. 177, 3.67 - $$$
2. 169, 3.76. - $

There was one acceptance on June 24th
1. 164, 3.84

2013-2014 DATA:
For the 2013-2014 cycle, here's data for 11 waitlisted people who ultimately were accepted.
In May, 3:
1. 170, 3.6 - May 7th
2. 167, 3.88 - May 8th
3. 170, 3.73 - May 9th - $
In June, 3:
1. 169, 3.83 - June 6th
2. 166, 3.6 - June 13th
3. 169, 3.76 - June 14th
In July, 3:
1.167, 3.9 - July 7th
2. 174, 3.6 - July 8th - $
3. 158, 3.96 - July 15th
In August (yup), 2:
1. 173, 3.19 - August 8th - Was a January applicant
2. 167, 3.9 - August 18th - Was an October applicant.


Thank you!! Hope this will happen for me too! Fingers crossed for a lot of WL movement

latetothis
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:38 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby latetothis » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:13 pm

.
Last edited by latetothis on Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:31 pm

latetothis wrote:I've signed up for the June LSAT. Do I tell NYU about it so they hold off on kicking me off? Scores don't come out until July 6...


tell them, and historically, they don't throw anyone off until August though we don't know what this year's yield will be like.

latetothis
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:38 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby latetothis » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:36 pm

.
Last edited by latetothis on Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barkerintokyo
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:18 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby barkerintokyo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:49 pm

Hello all! My name is barkerintokyo and I'm a waitlisted applicant for the NYU class of 2020. (*AA voice*)

lilitiger99
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:04 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby lilitiger99 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:53 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
latetothis wrote:I've signed up for the June LSAT. Do I tell NYU about it so they hold off on kicking me off? Scores don't come out until July 6...


tell them, and historically, they don't throw anyone off until August though we don't know what this year's yield will be like.


I had my own thread about the WL & June LSAT (for HYS);
the consensus was that most schools have waitlist movement before the June scores are released and that the scores are then most helpful for the following cycle - and that you shouldn't necessarily tell the school unless you are positive you'll improve.

User avatar
hydrohect
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby hydrohect » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:33 pm

I'm excited to be in this club

enoca
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:28 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby enoca » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:28 pm

Po$eidon wrote:
Nightwing wrote:
Po$eidon wrote:
Does that massive waitlist movement ever come with scholarship?


I've heard it almost always does not. I think most of us sticking this out are assuming we'll be paying sticker.


Yeah that's what I thought. I mean I'll stick it out but lol on that


If you look at LSN, last year no one listed any money. Not a great sign, but it might just mean no one bothered to update.

However, if you look at 2014-2015, there were 16 LSNers pulled off the waitlist and 9 got money.

165 3.89 $37,500
170 3.90
164 3.94
170 3.67 $62,500
173 3.38 $25,000
175 3.23
177 3.67 $105,000
169 3.69
167 3.87
164 3.84
169 3.64
169 3.76 $50,000
173 3.35 $87,500
165 3.97 $30,000
165 3.40 $45,000
175 3.29 $75,000


So, don't withdraw over money. You might not get any, but plenty of people have in the past.

eck456
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:07 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby eck456 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:41 pm

enoca wrote:
Po$eidon wrote:
Nightwing wrote:
Po$eidon wrote:
Does that massive waitlist movement ever come with scholarship?


I've heard it almost always does not. I think most of us sticking this out are assuming we'll be paying sticker.


Yeah that's what I thought. I mean I'll stick it out but lol on that


If you look at LSN, last year no one listed any money. Not a great sign, but it might just mean no one bothered to update.

However, if you look at 2014-2015, there were 16 LSNers pulled off the waitlist and 9 got money.

165 3.89 $37,500
170 3.90
164 3.94
170 3.67 $62,500
173 3.38 $25,000
175 3.23
177 3.67 $105,000
169 3.69
167 3.87
164 3.84
169 3.64
169 3.76 $50,000
173 3.35 $87,500
165 3.97 $30,000
165 3.40 $45,000
175 3.29 $75,000


So, don't withdraw over money. You might not get any, but plenty of people have in the past.


oh man, when one lsat point higher with your gpa would have gotten you $$$ :(




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: calvinna, profdogwalker and 7 guests