NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your status?

Applicant Confirmed on Wait List
86
55%
UR 1
1
1%
UR 2
6
4%
DLS
1
1%
In off the WL!!
27
17%
Just here to point and laugh
36
23%
 
Total votes: 157

User avatar
Stephylynette

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:04 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby Stephylynette » Tue May 16, 2017 12:25 pm

Keilz wrote:DLS and ASW for me too! So incredibly happy and relieved.

169/3.7x

Applied in October.

I wrote an ecstatic why NYU with my initial app that told them they were my first choice, then sent a LOCI in mid-late March restating they were my first choice and gave them a personal reason as well. Didn't send anything post WL

Congrats Keilz! So happy for you!! :D

User avatar
Motion22Step

New
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby Motion22Step » Tue May 16, 2017 12:25 pm

sittykitty wrote:
Goobze wrote:
sittykitty wrote:DLS but no ASW access yet.


ASW is working for me

Just checked again and it's working holy shit is this happening


Yeah can someone pinch me :shock: Im like in disbelief

Goobze

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 2:35 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby Goobze » Tue May 16, 2017 12:36 pm

34iplaw wrote:Anyone mind hooking up with some stats / other pertinent info?
We can also "slide into the DMs" as the youngsters say.


LSAT 173
GPA 3.69
UR 5/5, 5/8
Feeler 5/10
DLS/ASW 5/16

Applied in November. Sent an LOCI sometime in march. Hadn't updated anything else yet (I threw some accomplishments into the LOCI tho).

Am I missing anything?

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby airwrecka » Tue May 16, 2017 12:37 pm

Stephylynette wrote:
Keilz wrote:DLS and ASW for me too! So incredibly happy and relieved.

169/3.7x

Applied in October.

I wrote an ecstatic why NYU with my initial app that told them they were my first choice, then sent a LOCI in mid-late March restating they were my first choice and gave them a personal reason as well. Didn't send anything post WL

Congrats Keilz! So happy for you!! :D


YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm actually freaking out with excitement for you right now!!!

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby Keilz » Tue May 16, 2017 12:39 pm

airwrecka wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
Keilz wrote:DLS and ASW for me too! So incredibly happy and relieved.

169/3.7x

Applied in October.

I wrote an ecstatic why NYU with my initial app that told them they were my first choice, then sent a LOCI in mid-late March restating they were my first choice and gave them a personal reason as well. Didn't send anything post WL

Congrats Keilz! So happy for you!! :D


YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm actually freaking out with excitement for you right now!!!



Thank you to everyone!!!!! And yay airwrecka we'll be classmates!!

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby airwrecka » Tue May 16, 2017 12:42 pm

Keilz wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
Keilz wrote:DLS and ASW for me too! So incredibly happy and relieved.

169/3.7x

Applied in October.

I wrote an ecstatic why NYU with my initial app that told them they were my first choice, then sent a LOCI in mid-late March restating they were my first choice and gave them a personal reason as well. Didn't send anything post WL

Congrats Keilz! So happy for you!! :D


YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm actually freaking out with excitement for you right now!!!



Thank you to everyone!!!!! And yay airwrecka we'll be classmates!!


*dancing and confetti emojis*

User avatar
88234

Bronze
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:02 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby 88234 » Tue May 16, 2017 12:42 pm

Let the trickle-down begin!

sittykitty

Bronze
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:32 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby sittykitty » Tue May 16, 2017 12:45 pm

Just got the call ahhhhhhhhhh now it's real :D :D :D

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby 34iplaw » Tue May 16, 2017 12:46 pm

Goobze wrote:.

Nope! that's great - I appreciate it a ton! I'm not sure whether you're set on NYU or holding out for H or CLS or something, but best of luck and congratulations!

Everyone else: Are feelers essentially prerequisites to being DLS it seems? (aka I can ignore my status checker for the time being?) Also, congrats again.

User avatar
jazzybean

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:45 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby jazzybean » Tue May 16, 2017 12:46 pm

Just got the call!

UR 5/5, 5/8
Feeler 5/10
DLS/ASW 5/16

166, 3.9X

User avatar
41262

New
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:51 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby 41262 » Tue May 16, 2017 12:52 pm

.
Last edited by 41262 on Thu May 18, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby Keilz » Tue May 16, 2017 12:53 pm

34iplaw wrote:
Goobze wrote:.

Nope! that's great - I appreciate it a ton! I'm not sure whether you're set on NYU or holding out for H or CLS or something, but best of luck and congratulations!

Everyone else: Are feelers essentially prerequisites to being DLS it seems? (aka I can ignore my status checker for the time being?) Also, congrats again.


It seems like it's going UR1,UR2, feeler, DLS

User avatar
sorence

Bronze
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby sorence » Tue May 16, 2017 1:00 pm

Just got the call on my end! I can't believe this is happening!!
Future readers: they gave me about a week and a half to decide (5/26).
I'm over the moon right now! ...now if anyone has any tips on moving a cat across the country, I'm all ears!

175+ LSAT, 3.1x GPA.
Waitlisted 4/26
ACWL 5/1
UR 5/5, 5/9
DLS 5/16
Last edited by sorence on Thu May 18, 2017 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jessmeesh

Bronze
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby jessmeesh » Tue May 16, 2017 1:05 pm

sorence wrote:now if anyone has any tips on moving a cat across the country, I'm all ears!



I'm (hopefully) moving cross country with my cat, so I've been doing a lot of research. Personally I think I'm going to fly with her. It's only $100 more on most carriers and they can stay in the cabin with you. A 12+ hour drive in the car very well may kill her - so i'll be sending my stuff in a Pod type thing ahead of me. I'm going to go to the vet and ask about sedative for the flight.

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby 34iplaw » Tue May 16, 2017 1:06 pm

sorence wrote:.


Congrats and thanks for info. Are you still waiting on any schools like CLS?

Get someone to write a note saying the cat is an ESA and fly JetBlue for free (not sure how this works anymore... my brother used to fly cross country a lot with his bulldog and would not be charged.) Alternatively, fly JetBlue and pay the $100 fee to fly with your cat. You may want an ESA note for the purpose of apartment hunting too... it's not quite the same as a service animal, but I have some friends that seem to say it has helped. That said, it would be best to only do this if one actually suffers from some form of emotional disorder or predisposition, but I'm not here to judge on that front.

eck456

Bronze
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:07 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby eck456 » Tue May 16, 2017 1:07 pm

jessmeesh wrote:
sorence wrote:now if anyone has any tips on moving a cat across the country, I'm all ears!



I'm (hopefully) moving cross country with my cat, so I've been doing a lot of research. Personally I think I'm going to fly with her. It's only $100 more on most carriers and they can stay in the cabin with you. A 12+ hour drive in the car very well may kill her - so i'll be sending my stuff in a Pod type thing ahead of me. I'm going to go to the vet and ask about sedative for the flight.


We did this with the puppy moving from sf this year to Boston...wasn't easy but we all made it! If you want advice on the pet carrier we used that she loves (ok, tolerates) feel free to PM. Also jet blue jet with your pet lets you buy the ticket with your own, so you don't have to worry about buying yourself a seat and then not having one available for the cat

User avatar
sorence

Bronze
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby sorence » Tue May 16, 2017 1:15 pm

jessmeesh wrote:
sorence wrote:now if anyone has any tips on moving a cat across the country, I'm all ears!



I'm (hopefully) moving cross country with my cat, so I've been doing a lot of research. Personally I think I'm going to fly with her. It's only $100 more on most carriers and they can stay in the cabin with you. A 12+ hour drive in the car very well may kill her - so i'll be sending my stuff in a Pod type thing ahead of me. I'm going to go to the vet and ask about sedative for the flight.


Thanks for the info! That's in line with what I had in mind so I'm glad I'm on the right path :) I'm wondering how willing vets are to prescribe the sedatives for flights (esp. since I'm not connected to a vet in my area right now) but I'll explore that route because my boy will probably need it.

34iplaw wrote:
sorence wrote:.


Congrats and thanks for info. Are you still waiting on any schools like CLS?

Get someone to write a note saying the cat is an ESA and fly JetBlue for free (not sure how this works anymore... my brother used to fly cross country a lot with his bulldog and would not be charged.) Alternatively, fly JetBlue and pay the $100 fee to fly with your cat. You may want an ESA note for the purpose of apartment hunting too... it's not quite the same as a service animal, but I have some friends that seem to say it has helped. That said, it would be best to only do this if one actually suffers from some form of emotional disorder or predisposition, but I'm not here to judge on that front.


With this acceptance I'm going to withdraw from most (if not all) of my waitlists :) I'll definitely look into JetBlue advice! Sounds like that's the company to fly with your pets on!

User avatar
jessmeesh

Bronze
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby jessmeesh » Tue May 16, 2017 1:30 pm

Thanks for the info! That's in line with what I had in mind so I'm glad I'm on the right path :) I'm wondering how willing vets are to prescribe the sedatives for flights (esp. since I'm not connected to a vet in my area right now) but I'll explore that route because my boy will probably need it.


My girl already has a xanax prescription for anxiety. It was prescribed to her the first time I took her in for a checkup and talked about how she was having peeing issues and conflict with my other cat. I don't think vets are usually too suspicious about it. But, if it really comes down to it, most medicines are the same for humans and cats and there are various non-prescription options available too.

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Tue May 16, 2017 1:32 pm

Keilz wrote:DLS and ASW for me too! So incredibly happy and relieved.

169/3.7x

Applied in October.

I wrote an ecstatic why NYU with my initial app that told them they were my first choice, then sent a LOCI in mid-late March restating they were my first choice and gave them a personal reason as well. Didn't send anything post WL


congrats! so so happy for you. long overdue, but i'm glad it ultimately worked out :D

Goobze

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 2:35 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby Goobze » Tue May 16, 2017 1:35 pm

34iplaw wrote:
Goobze wrote:.

Nope! that's great - I appreciate it a ton! I'm not sure whether you're set on NYU or holding out for H or CLS or something, but best of luck and congratulations!

Everyone else: Are feelers essentially prerequisites to being DLS it seems? (aka I can ignore my status checker for the time being?) Also, congrats again.


Dinged at H, I'll probably stay on CLS waitlist even though I'm 98% sure I'd stick with NYU anyway. Thanks!

Regarding the feelers, this year there have been two people who got admitted off the waitlist without emails. One had sent in an LOCI the night before UR2, and the other had told NYU he needed an answer by a deadline. There have also been people in past years that got in without feelers, but for the most part it seems like they're a prereq for DLS and they come after UR2.

(I think)

User avatar
Leliana

Bronze
Posts: 464
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:23 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby Leliana » Tue May 16, 2017 1:37 pm

Keilz wrote:DLS and ASW for me too! So incredibly happy and relieved.

169/3.7x

Applied in October.

I wrote an ecstatic why NYU with my initial app that told them they were my first choice, then sent a LOCI in mid-late March restating they were my first choice and gave them a personal reason as well. Didn't send anything post WL


CONGRATS!!! So so so happy for you!

User avatar
Instrumental

Silver
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby Instrumental » Tue May 16, 2017 1:47 pm

Whoa, went out this morning and came back to a wave of admits. Congrats y'all!

User avatar
blackbetty92

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:24 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby blackbetty92 » Tue May 16, 2017 1:53 pm

went DLS this morning, ASW worked about an hour later, and just now got an email (???) congratulating me and telling me my letter of admission was on its way! no phone call though-- anyone else hear this way?

fwiw 167/3.8, applied in December, no LOCI or visit, non-URM, non-KJD.

User avatar
jessmeesh

Bronze
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby jessmeesh » Tue May 16, 2017 1:58 pm

blackbetty92 wrote:went DLS this morning, ASW worked about an hour later, and just now got an email (???) congratulating me and telling me my letter of admission was on its way! no phone call though-- anyone else hear this way?

fwiw 167/3.8, applied in December, no LOCI or visit, non-URM, non-KJD.



Are you outside the US? Seems common for international applicants to get an email.

Goobze

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 2:35 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Postby Goobze » Tue May 16, 2017 2:06 pm

blackbetty92 wrote:went DLS this morning, ASW worked about an hour later, and just now got an email (???) congratulating me and telling me my letter of admission was on its way! no phone call though-- anyone else hear this way?

fwiw 167/3.8, applied in December, no LOCI or visit, non-URM, non-KJD.


Yup, and I'm NY based.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests