NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your status?

Applicant Confirmed on Wait List
86
55%
UR 1
1
1%
UR 2
6
4%
DLS
1
1%
In off the WL!!
27
17%
Just here to point and laugh
36
23%
 
Total votes: 157

ykstll

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:21 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby ykstll » Fri May 05, 2017 11:36 am

wildquest8200 wrote:
ykstll wrote:My confirmation email came from the general law.moreinfo - though I was the one who called and pointed out the absence of the email in the first place...


was wondering about you - did you give your name to them? i mean it probably doesn't mean anything at all but maybe they just shot you a one-off since you specifically inquired about it?
edit: can't english


I did give my name to them and she specifically looked me up in the system and forwarded me the email...
Yeah, it really probably doesn't mean anything at all but hey what is the fun in that right? NYU had us guessing for the past few months so speculation is all we've got!

User avatar
jessmeesh

Bronze
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby jessmeesh » Fri May 05, 2017 11:38 am

chichi1992 wrote:
jurisdoctor2020 wrote:Mine came from the admits email too...

+1



Did you guys get them today? Or a different wave?

User avatar
chichi1992

Bronze
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:33 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby chichi1992 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:39 am

jessmeesh wrote:
chichi1992 wrote:
jurisdoctor2020 wrote:Mine came from the admits email too...

+1



Did you guys get them today? Or a different wave?


About 30 mins ago!

jurisdoctor2020

New
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:55 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby jurisdoctor2020 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:41 am

chichi1992 wrote:
jessmeesh wrote:
chichi1992 wrote:
jurisdoctor2020 wrote:Mine came from the admits email too...

+1



Did you guys get them today? Or a different wave?


About 30 mins ago!


11:07am today!

User avatar
Po$eidon

Bronze
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby Po$eidon » Fri May 05, 2017 11:43 am

chichi1992 wrote:
jurisdoctor2020 wrote:Mine came from the admits email too...

+1


Same. I bet it means nothing

guyindfw

New
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:32 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby guyindfw » Fri May 05, 2017 11:45 am

Good luck.

User avatar
Motion22Step

New
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby Motion22Step » Fri May 05, 2017 11:46 am

shao wrote:It's totally their fault = =
Already the second email from this "admit@nyu", and the last one was the "RSVP for admitted women"!


Lol. Got email from the admit@nyu address this morning too. :?

Judging by what I've read and seen from NYU this cycle, I'd bet they're just testing our mental/intestinal fortitude at this point. Hang in there everyone!

cftvgybhu

New
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:21 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby cftvgybhu » Fri May 05, 2017 11:52 am

so everyone got email today instead of yesterday or earlier came from NYULaw-Admits@nyu.edu?
if yes, it could probably mean nothing, since everyone got it ?
mixed feelings: one side, it comes from Admits@, the other side, it is just a confirmation email.

ykstll

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:21 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby ykstll » Fri May 05, 2017 12:00 pm

cftvgybhu wrote:so everyone got email today instead of yesterday or earlier came from NYULaw-Admits@nyu.edu?
if yes, it could probably mean nothing, since everyone got it ?
mixed feelings: one side, it comes from Admits@, the other side, it is just a confirmation email.


The narrative of this confirmation email doesn't seem to be the feeler email we anticipated this week :(

wildquest8200

Bronze
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:25 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby wildquest8200 » Fri May 05, 2017 12:00 pm

ykstll wrote:
cftvgybhu wrote:so everyone got email today instead of yesterday or earlier came from NYULaw-Admits@nyu.edu?
if yes, it could probably mean nothing, since everyone got it ?
mixed feelings: one side, it comes from Admits@, the other side, it is just a confirmation email.


The narrative of this confirmation email doesn't seem to be the feeler email we anticipated this week :(


definitely not the feeler email, same email everyone else got

User avatar
skurfy

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:45 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby skurfy » Fri May 05, 2017 12:03 pm

Should we expect a feeler e-mail before any waitlist movement?

I want to sit in on a class Tuesday before sending my LOCI - but also don't want to be late with the LOCI.. :shock:

cftvgybhu

New
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:21 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby cftvgybhu » Fri May 05, 2017 12:05 pm

wildquest8200 wrote:
ykstll wrote:
cftvgybhu wrote:so everyone got email today instead of yesterday or earlier came from NYULaw-Admits@nyu.edu?
if yes, it could probably mean nothing, since everyone got it ?
mixed feelings: one side, it comes from Admits@, the other side, it is just a confirmation email.


The narrative of this confirmation email doesn't seem to be the feeler email we anticipated this week :(


definitely not the feeler email, same email everyone else got


thank you, may luck be on our side!

goldenbear2020

Silver
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby goldenbear2020 » Fri May 05, 2017 12:07 pm

jurisdoctor2020 wrote:
chichi1992 wrote:
jessmeesh wrote:
chichi1992 wrote:
jurisdoctor2020 wrote:Mine came from the admits email too...

+1



Did you guys get them today? Or a different wave?


About 30 mins ago!


11:07am today!

11:08am today

ykstll

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:21 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby ykstll » Fri May 05, 2017 12:08 pm

skurfy wrote:Should we expect a feeler e-mail before any waitlist movement?

I want to sit in on a class Tuesday before sending my LOCI - but also don't want to be late with the LOCI.. :shock:


Have you submitted a LOCI before?

User avatar
skurfy

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:45 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby skurfy » Fri May 05, 2017 12:10 pm

ykstll wrote:
skurfy wrote:Should we expect a feeler e-mail before any waitlist movement?

I want to sit in on a class Tuesday before sending my LOCI - but also don't want to be late with the LOCI.. :shock:


Have you submitted a LOCI before?



Nope only a Why NYU, but just realized the last date to observe a class was the 25th. At least that takes the risk out of it - sending it today.

wildquest8200

Bronze
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:25 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby wildquest8200 » Fri May 05, 2017 12:11 pm

skurfy wrote:
ykstll wrote:
skurfy wrote:Should we expect a feeler e-mail before any waitlist movement?

I want to sit in on a class Tuesday before sending my LOCI - but also don't want to be late with the LOCI.. :shock:


Have you submitted a LOCI before?



Nope only a Why NYU, but just realized the last date to observe a class was the 25th. At least that takes the risk out of it - sending it today.


yeah was gonna say! i checked on the 26th after the initial waitlist email and darned myself

User avatar
Slytherpuff

Platinum
Posts: 5401
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby Slytherpuff » Fri May 05, 2017 12:26 pm

jessmeesh wrote:
Slytherpuff wrote:Try not to let the silence and weird status checker issues get you down! NYU admits a lot of people off the waitlist and there is still hope for all of you.

(Source - I was an early May admit back in 2014 and didn't hear a word from NYU after the waitlist confirmation email until I got an acceptance letter in the mail.)



Nothing other than snail mail? No email/call/status checker?

No emails or calls. I found out afterwards that my status checker switched to DLS the day before my letter arrived, but I hadn't been checking it frequently. Also I hadn't submitted a LOCI yet when I got the acceptance - I know they help but they definitely aren't required and there's no need to feel pressured to get one in ASAP.

I wouldn't expect a feeler email for this first wave. Try not to read too much into things! (This is general advice for the thread, not for you jessmeesh!)

wildquest8200

Bronze
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:25 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby wildquest8200 » Fri May 05, 2017 12:27 pm

Slytherpuff wrote:
jessmeesh wrote:
Slytherpuff wrote:Try not to let the silence and weird status checker issues get you down! NYU admits a lot of people off the waitlist and there is still hope for all of you.

(Source - I was an early May admit back in 2014 and didn't hear a word from NYU after the waitlist confirmation email until I got an acceptance letter in the mail.)



Nothing other than snail mail? No email/call/status checker?

No emails or calls. I found out afterwards that my status checker switched to DLS the day before my letter arrived, but I hadn't been checking it frequently. Also I hadn't submitted a LOCI yet when I got the acceptance - I know they help but they definitely aren't required and there's no need to feel pressured to get one in ASAP.

I wouldn't expect a feeler email for this first wave. Try not to read too much into things! (This is general advice for the thread, not for you jessmeesh!)


but, but.. but reading into things is all i got D:

User avatar
Slytherpuff

Platinum
Posts: 5401
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby Slytherpuff » Fri May 05, 2017 12:30 pm

wildquest8200 wrote:
Slytherpuff wrote:I wouldn't expect a feeler email for this first wave. Try not to read too much into things! (This is general advice for the thread, not for you jessmeesh!)


but, but.. but reading into things is all i got D:

In that case, radio silence from NYU is great. Read into that!

wildquest8200

Bronze
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:25 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby wildquest8200 » Fri May 05, 2017 12:32 pm

Slytherpuff wrote:
wildquest8200 wrote:
Slytherpuff wrote:I wouldn't expect a feeler email for this first wave. Try not to read too much into things! (This is general advice for the thread, not for you jessmeesh!)


but, but.. but reading into things is all i got D:

In that case, radio silence from NYU is great. Read into that!

:D *reading*

cftvgybhu

New
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:21 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby cftvgybhu » Fri May 05, 2017 12:33 pm

Slytherpuff wrote:
jessmeesh wrote:
Slytherpuff wrote:Try not to let the silence and weird status checker issues get you down! NYU admits a lot of people off the waitlist and there is still hope for all of you.

(Source - I was an early May admit back in 2014 and didn't hear a word from NYU after the waitlist confirmation email until I got an acceptance letter in the mail.)



Nothing other than snail mail? No email/call/status checker?

No emails or calls. I found out afterwards that my status checker switched to DLS the day before my letter arrived, but I hadn't been checking it frequently. Also I hadn't submitted a LOCI yet when I got the acceptance - I know they help but they definitely aren't required and there's no need to feel pressured to get one in ASAP.

I wouldn't expect a feeler email for this first wave. Try not to read too much into things! (This is general advice for the thread, not for you jessmeesh!)

thanks for the advice!

User avatar
sfn91

Bronze
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:43 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby sfn91 » Fri May 05, 2017 12:50 pm

I got that e-mail too, and I didn't even realize it came from the admits alias. My RC skills need some refinement!

User avatar
Nightwing

Bronze
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:44 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby Nightwing » Fri May 05, 2017 1:01 pm

Patience is a virtue. Until the housing options and one's last free summer before law school run dry. Come on Harvard, wreck NYU's yield faster.

User avatar
jessmeesh

Bronze
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby jessmeesh » Fri May 05, 2017 1:04 pm

Nightwing wrote:Come on Harvard, wreck NYU's yield faster.



+1000000

haley12

Silver
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby haley12 » Fri May 05, 2017 2:15 pm

Just catching up but also got email from admits address. Probably means nothing because everything means nothing. Still at 5/1



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 4 guests