NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your status?

Applicant Confirmed on Wait List
86
55%
UR 1
1
1%
UR 2
6
4%
DLS
1
1%
In off the WL!!
27
17%
Just here to point and laugh
36
23%
 
Total votes: 157

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby Mikey » Wed May 03, 2017 10:49 am

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
Mikey wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:*flips hair in Spanish*
pero like this is out of control. why so messy, NYU?

damn, they still got you waiting sybill? :cry: :? HOW RUDE OF THEM TO DO THIS TO YOU

I'm here if you need to vent your NYU frustrations!


Mikey, they got me out here wondering whether life is worth living, child! Between the MS9 data and my own anxiety I'm convinced it's all over for me, so I don't know if I'll wait too long. Last year there was a poor unfortunate soul hanging out alone on TLS in the middle of August waiting for NYU still and I just, I can't. Simply cannot.

they simply do not take into consideration your feelings! what sluts they are!

do you have some good offers though, or would you try again next cycle for NYU if you sit this cycle out because of their shitty behavior towards you?

User avatar
haley12

Silver
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby haley12 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:52 am

chichi1992 wrote:
LawDataz wrote:Same


For those of you saying you haven't gotten an e-mail...do you mean you submitted an LOCI and did not get a response?


No, there is a generic waitlist confirmation email that was supposed to go out to everyone. If anyone got it, do you mind posting the text?

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Wed May 03, 2017 10:53 am

Mikey wrote:


sluts indeed! harlots and whores, I say.
pming you re: my planz.

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Wed May 03, 2017 10:53 am

haley12 wrote:
chichi1992 wrote:
LawDataz wrote:Same


For those of you saying you haven't gotten an e-mail...do you mean you submitted an LOCI and did not get a response?


No, there is a generic waitlist confirmation email that was supposed to go out to everyone. If anyone got it, do you mind posting the text?


Dear Sybil,

Thank you for your response to New York University School of Law's wait list offer. We have updated your file to indicate your interest in remaining on the wait list and appreciate your ongoing interest in NYU Law.



Kind regards,



Cassandra T. Williams

Assistant Dean for Admissions

NYU School of Law

wildquest8200

Bronze
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:25 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby wildquest8200 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:55 am

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
Dear Sybil,

Thank you for your response to New York University School of Law's wait list offer. We have updated your file to indicate your interest in remaining on the wait list and appreciate your ongoing interest in NYU Law.



Kind regards,



Cassandra T. Williams

Assistant Dean for Admissions

NYU School of Law


cool, definitely didn't get that

User avatar
chalala

New
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:17 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby chalala » Wed May 03, 2017 10:58 am

wildquest8200 wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
Dear Sybil,

Thank you for your response to New York University School of Law's wait list offer. We have updated your file to indicate your interest in remaining on the wait list and appreciate your ongoing interest in NYU Law.



Kind regards,



Cassandra T. Williams

Assistant Dean for Admissions

NYU School of Law


cool, definitely didn't get that


Me neither, but my status checker has, under mailings, "letter--waitlist offer" dated 4/26 (this was an email) and "email--waitlist confirmation" dated 5/2, the latter of which I did not receive but I assume it's the email Sybil quoted. Current status is ACWL dated 5/1.

wildquest8200

Bronze
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:25 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby wildquest8200 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:59 am

chalala wrote:
wildquest8200 wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
Dear Sybil,

Thank you for your response to New York University School of Law's wait list offer. We have updated your file to indicate your interest in remaining on the wait list and appreciate your ongoing interest in NYU Law.



Kind regards,



Cassandra T. Williams

Assistant Dean for Admissions

NYU School of Law


cool, definitely didn't get that


Me neither, but my status checker has, under mailings, "letter--waitlist offer" dated 4/26 (this was an email) and "email--waitlist confirmation" dated 5/2, the latter of which I did not receive but I assume it's the email Sybil quoted. Current status is ACWL dated 5/1.

same

User avatar
haley12

Silver
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby haley12 » Wed May 03, 2017 11:00 am

wildquest8200 wrote:
chalala wrote:
wildquest8200 wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
Dear Sybil,

Thank you for your response to New York University School of Law's wait list offer. We have updated your file to indicate your interest in remaining on the wait list and appreciate your ongoing interest in NYU Law.



Kind regards,



Cassandra T. Williams

Assistant Dean for Admissions

NYU School of Law


cool, definitely didn't get that


Me neither, but my status checker has, under mailings, "letter--waitlist offer" dated 4/26 (this was an email) and "email--waitlist confirmation" dated 5/2, the latter of which I did not receive but I assume it's the email Sybil quoted. Current status is ACWL dated 5/1.

same


Same, on all counts

User avatar
chalala

New
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:17 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby chalala » Wed May 03, 2017 11:01 am

haley12 wrote:
wildquest8200 wrote:
chalala wrote:
wildquest8200 wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
Dear Sybil,

Thank you for your response to New York University School of Law's wait list offer. We have updated your file to indicate your interest in remaining on the wait list and appreciate your ongoing interest in NYU Law.



Kind regards,



Cassandra T. Williams

Assistant Dean for Admissions

NYU School of Law


cool, definitely didn't get that


Me neither, but my status checker has, under mailings, "letter--waitlist offer" dated 4/26 (this was an email) and "email--waitlist confirmation" dated 5/2, the latter of which I did not receive but I assume it's the email Sybil quoted. Current status is ACWL dated 5/1.

same


Same, on all counts


I also haven't yet sent in my LOCI.

User avatar
haley12

Silver
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby haley12 » Wed May 03, 2017 11:03 am

I sent one in the day the waitlist went out... yes I'm extra

User avatar
chichi1992

Bronze
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:33 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby chichi1992 » Wed May 03, 2017 11:04 am

chalala wrote:
haley12 wrote:
wildquest8200 wrote:
chalala wrote:
wildquest8200 wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
Dear Sybil,

Thank you for your response to New York University School of Law's wait list offer. We have updated your file to indicate your interest in remaining on the wait list and appreciate your ongoing interest in NYU Law.



Kind regards,



Cassandra T. Williams

Assistant Dean for Admissions

NYU School of Law


cool, definitely didn't get that


Me neither, but my status checker has, under mailings, "letter--waitlist offer" dated 4/26 (this was an email) and "email--waitlist confirmation" dated 5/2, the latter of which I did not receive but I assume it's the email Sybil quoted. Current status is ACWL dated 5/1.

same


Same, on all counts


I also haven't yet sent in my LOCI.


Ah, got it. Yeah I def didn't get that, but I did get a response to my LOCI.

User avatar
Leliana

Bronze
Posts: 464
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:23 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby Leliana » Wed May 03, 2017 11:16 am

Just wanted to pop in and let you guys know it looks like they are making movement on getting stuff sorted out, space-wise, post-deposit deadline.

I'm an admit attending elsewhere who didn't formally withdraw because I was still negotiating up to the deadline, and just got an email now notifying me that the deadline has passed and they are assuming I am not enrolling.

User avatar
Po$eidon

Bronze
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby Po$eidon » Wed May 03, 2017 11:20 am

So UVA sent a "lol to those of you thinking we're accepting anyone off of the waitlist" email today. As this follows reports of Michigan doing similar these might be signs that the wild waitlist rumors aren't going to pan out

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Wed May 03, 2017 11:31 am

Leliana wrote:Just wanted to pop in and let you guys know it looks like they are making movement on getting stuff sorted out, space-wise, post-deposit deadline.

I'm an admit attending elsewhere who didn't formally withdraw because I was still negotiating up to the deadline, and just got an email now notifying me that the deadline has passed and they are assuming I am not enrolling.


Thanks for letting us know!
Seems we're on target for movement before week's end.

User avatar
Leliana

Bronze
Posts: 464
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:23 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby Leliana » Wed May 03, 2017 11:33 am

Hope you guys hear soon!

User avatar
Litt1tUp

Bronze
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:07 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby Litt1tUp » Wed May 03, 2017 11:43 am

Po$eidon wrote:So UVA sent a "lol to those of you thinking we're accepting anyone off of the waitlist" email today. As this follows reports of Michigan doing similar these might be signs that the wild waitlist rumors aren't going to pan out


That was my concern but my other perception is that these schools gave a lot of attractive scholarships to its Admitted students so I hope that that the justification for its high yield this year.

cftvgybhu

New
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:21 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby cftvgybhu » Wed May 03, 2017 12:11 pm

Litt1tUp wrote:
Po$eidon wrote:So UVA sent a "lol to those of you thinking we're accepting anyone off of the waitlist" email today. As this follows reports of Michigan doing similar these might be signs that the wild waitlist rumors aren't going to pan out


That was my concern but my other perception is that these schools gave a lot of attractive scholarships to its Admitted students so I hope that that the justification for its high yield this year.


Just reading the email UVA sent, basically says " LOL , you think you want our school, sadly, we are not going to accept any, if at all", "if you have any interest, show it now, if not, just withdraw". :| :| :|

cftvgybhu

New
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:21 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby cftvgybhu » Wed May 03, 2017 12:15 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:seems like Michigan had a good yield; they updated their FAQ with this:

Please be aware, however, that our waitlist plans could change quickly, as we anticipate a very active waitlist season at a couple of our peer schools (which can have a corresponding impact on the plans of people in our projected incoming class). We will, of course, update this page frequently as we proceed through the season

at the very least, this verifies MS9's prediction.


need your opinion on this Sybill, how could UVA not Michigan's peer school? :wink:

enoca

Bronze
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:28 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby enoca » Wed May 03, 2017 12:36 pm

Virginia might have a lot of deposits now, but that the game of musical chairs hasn't started yet.

User avatar
Litt1tUp

Bronze
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:07 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby Litt1tUp » Wed May 03, 2017 12:52 pm

enoca wrote:Virginia might have a lot of deposits now, but that the game of musical chairs hasn't started yet.


They kick us off the waitlist, HYSCCN go crazy with waitlist movement and then UVA takes major Ls...

User avatar
sorence

Bronze
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby sorence » Wed May 03, 2017 1:00 pm

Litt1tUp wrote:
enoca wrote:Virginia might have a lot of deposits now, but that the game of musical chairs hasn't started yet.


They kick us off the waitlist, HYSCCN go crazy with waitlist movement and then UVA takes major Ls...


Did they kick people from the WL today too? I just got the brutal email with the "if at all" and "letters of rec are pointless" language.

hbdash

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:55 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby hbdash » Wed May 03, 2017 1:01 pm

For anyone who sent a LOCI, whom did you address it to?

StopLawying

Silver
Posts: 686
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 am

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby StopLawying » Wed May 03, 2017 1:02 pm

hbdash wrote:For anyone who sent a LOCI, whom did you address it to?


Dear Dean Williams and Admissions Committee

User avatar
jessmeesh

Bronze
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby jessmeesh » Wed May 03, 2017 1:02 pm

hbdash wrote:For anyone who sent a LOCI, whom did you address it to?



I sent mine to the general admission email and "to whom it may concern".

hbdash

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:55 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (Poll included!)

Postby hbdash » Wed May 03, 2017 1:03 pm

StopLawying wrote:
hbdash wrote:For anyone who sent a LOCI, whom did you address it to?


Dear Dean Williams and Admissions Committee

Dean Williams and not Dean Kleinrock?



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: frozen_tundra9 and 3 guests