Any chance of getting off waitlist?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MadamSecretary

Any chance of getting off waitlist?

Postby MadamSecretary » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:24 am

I am currently on six waitlists (NU, UCLA, Vandy, BU, Fordham, and Columbia)

GPA - 3.81
LSAT - 157, I studied for three months (powerscore self study) I probably needed more time than I thought, RC was my failure
Strong softs and graduated from a top private undergrad
I am strongly considering taking another year or two off, considering I am 23 and graduated last year.
My top choice is NU, I applied ED and went from hold to waitlist - and have written 3 LOCI

Is there any hope of me getting off the waitlist or should I focus on a retake and wait?

SybillAnnDorsett

Re: Any chance of getting off waitlist?

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:27 am

Everyone here is going to tell you to retake.

RC imo is the easiest section to improve upon. If that's really your sole weakness, I think you're a perfect candidate for retaking and reapplying. That's a great GPA, and coupled with a higher score, you're going to fare better at those schools.

MadamSecretary

Postby MadamSecretary » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:29 am

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:Everyone here is going to tell you to retake.

RC imo is the easiest section to improve upon. If that's really your sole weakness, I think you're a perfect candidate for retaking and reapplying. That's a great GPA, and coupled with a higher score, you're going to fare better at those schools.

Thank you, I really appreciate it!

melmelcoolj

Postby melmelcoolj » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:47 pm

I am in a similar situation. WL at all the schools I applied in the T13, and still waiting on Chicago, NU and NYU.
But I think you are in a better situation because you can simply retake the LSAT, while I need to retake college for a better chance at those schools. So I believe it doesn't hurt to ride out the WLs, but I would recommend not wasting that GPA otherwise and applying again with a new score.

Mr_Chukes

Postby Mr_Chukes » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:44 pm

MadamSecretary wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:Everyone here is going to tell you to retake.

Thank you, I really appreciate it!

Good luck! I agree with what she said.

KunAgnis

Postby KunAgnis » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:51 pm

MadamSecretary wrote:I am currently on six waitlists (NU, UCLA, Vandy, BU, Fordham, and Columbia)

GPA - 3.81
LSAT - 157, I studied for three months (powerscore self study) I probably needed more time than I thought, RC was my failure
I am strongly considering taking another year or two off, considering I am 23 and graduated last year.
My top choice is NU, I applied ED and went from hold to waitlist - and have written 3 LOCI

Is there any hope of me getting off the waitlist or should I focus on a retake and wait?

Are you URM? If so, you could see a huge boost in your results with like 5 - 10 more points on the LSAT. Good luck on your next cycle OP.

alpha kenny body

Postby alpha kenny body » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:51 pm

MadamSecretary wrote:I am currently on six waitlists (NU, UCLA, Vandy, BU, Fordham, and Columbia)

GPA - 3.81

Just withdraw, retake, and re-apply the first day, then youll be complete after scores drop at the end of september

charles117

Postby charles117 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:01 am

do you have any safety school acceptances?

MadamSecretary

Postby MadamSecretary » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:41 am

melmelcoolj wrote:I am in a similar situation. WL at all the schools I applied in the T13, and still waiting on Chicago, NU and NYU.
But I think you are in a better situation because you can simply retake the LSAT, while I need to retake college for a better chance at those schools. So I believe it doesn't hurt to ride out the WLs, but I would recommend not wasting that GPA otherwise and applying again with a new score.

Thanks for the advice and good luck with the rest of your cycle!!

MadamSecretary

Postby MadamSecretary » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:42 am

KunAgnis wrote:

GPA - 3.81

Are you URM? If so, you could see a huge boost in your results with like 5 - 10 more points on the LSAT. Good luck on your next cycle OP.

No URM but hopefully will improve my score by 5-10 more points and still have a chance

MadamSecretary

Postby MadamSecretary » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:49 am

charles117 wrote:do you have any safety school acceptances?

I did not apply to any safety schools, I figured if I didn't get in top any of these schools I would reapply next cycle

HennessyVSOP

Postby HennessyVSOP » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:45 am

MadamSecretary wrote:
charles117 wrote:do you have any safety school acceptances?

I did not apply to any safety schools, I figured if I didn't get in top any of these schools I would reapply next cycle

Definitely retake and reapply then. If you're already cool with sitting a new cycle, nail the LSAT in September. A +160 will net you significantly better results.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”