Yale Waitlist c/o 2020

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Where are you depositing while you wait?

SLS
7
7%
HLS
32
33%
UChi
9
9%
CLS
9
9%
NYU
3
3%
Penn
2
2%
Mich
6
6%
UVA
5
5%
Other (let us know when you check in!)
24
25%
 
Total votes: 97

User avatar
notsonotorious
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Yale Waitlist c/o 2020

Postby notsonotorious » Mon May 01, 2017 9:40 am

HonestlyThough wrote:HLS was super great.
Anyone else having WL doubts?


total lurker here - on HLS waitlist and curious what you loved about it? PM me pls if you don't want to pollute the yale board with hls talk :)

catalina559
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:35 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist c/o 2020

Postby catalina559 » Mon May 01, 2017 11:04 am

notsonotorious wrote:
HonestlyThough wrote:HLS was super great.
Anyone else having WL doubts?


total lurker here - on HLS waitlist and curious what you loved about it? PM me pls if you don't want to pollute the yale board with hls talk :)


in exactly the same situation (HLS WL) and would love to hop on this as well!

HonestlyThough
Posts: 374
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:17 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist c/o 2020

Postby HonestlyThough » Mon May 01, 2017 10:44 pm

responded to you both by pm to spare the thread!

catalina559 wrote:
notsonotorious wrote:
HonestlyThough wrote:HLS was super great.
Anyone else having WL doubts?


total lurker here - on HLS waitlist and curious what you loved about it? PM me pls if you don't want to pollute the yale board with hls talk :)


in exactly the same situation (HLS WL) and would love to hop on this as well!

User avatar
seeprybyrun
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:18 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist c/o 2020

Postby seeprybyrun » Tue May 02, 2017 5:03 am

HonestlyThough wrote:responded to you both by pm to spare the thread!

catalina559 wrote:
notsonotorious wrote:
HonestlyThough wrote:HLS was super great.
Anyone else having WL doubts?


total lurker here - on HLS waitlist and curious what you loved about it? PM me pls if you don't want to pollute the yale board with hls talk :)


in exactly the same situation (HLS WL) and would love to hop on this as well!


Spare the thread, spoil the child?

emeryville
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:10 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist c/o 2020

Postby emeryville » Wed May 03, 2017 2:10 pm

Was reading last year's thread and it is spooky, with lots of WL confirmations not coming until mid/late May and some people reporting they called to confirm at the end of May and Yale had never received their materials.

Just in case anyone was enjoying a week or so of not freaking out about Yale...

NotPanicking
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:41 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist c/o 2020

Postby NotPanicking » Wed May 03, 2017 3:56 pm

emeryville wrote:Was reading last year's thread and it is spooky, with lots of WL confirmations not coming until mid/late May and some people reporting they called to confirm at the end of May and Yale had never received their materials.

Just in case anyone was enjoying a week or so of not freaking out about Yale...


Oh, god. Still no confirmation. I'm afraid to call, though.

Also on the topic of freaking out about Yale, has everyone already sent out their LOCIs, considering that so many of the admits from the WL occur in May? Or am I just horribly irresponsible for not having submitted mine yet?

User avatar
alpha kenny body
Posts: 4853
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist c/o 2020

Postby alpha kenny body » Wed May 03, 2017 7:07 pm

NotPanicking wrote:
emeryville wrote:Was reading last year's thread and it is spooky, with lots of WL confirmations not coming until mid/late May and some people reporting they called to confirm at the end of May and Yale had never received their materials.

Just in case anyone was enjoying a week or so of not freaking out about Yale...


Oh, god. Still no confirmation. I'm afraid to call, though.

Also on the topic of freaking out about Yale, has everyone already sent out their LOCIs, considering that so many of the admits from the WL occur in May? Or am I just horribly irresponsible for not having submitted mine yet?

I sent one about 3 weeks ago. Will send another in a week or two, and be done with it.

User avatar
bearedman8
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:43 am

Re: Yale Waitlist c/o 2020

Postby bearedman8 » Wed May 03, 2017 7:12 pm

fips tedora wrote:
NotPanicking wrote:
emeryville wrote:Was reading last year's thread and it is spooky, with lots of WL confirmations not coming until mid/late May and some people reporting they called to confirm at the end of May and Yale had never received their materials.

Just in case anyone was enjoying a week or so of not freaking out about Yale...


Oh, god. Still no confirmation. I'm afraid to call, though.

Also on the topic of freaking out about Yale, has everyone already sent out their LOCIs, considering that so many of the admits from the WL occur in May? Or am I just horribly irresponsible for not having submitted mine yet?

I sent one about 3 weeks ago. Will send another in a week or two, and be done with it.


From the WL confirmation email:

3) Letters of continued interest are not necessary, but can be helpful. If you choose to submit a letter, keep it relatively brief and limit your correspondence to one letter for the summer.

Is that not TCR?

User avatar
RictusErectus
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:31 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist c/o 2020

Postby RictusErectus » Thu May 04, 2017 12:36 am

I know the waitlist confirmation email says the office will not confirm receipt of updated materials -- and Asha has said the same thing in her blogpost -- but has anyone else called the office and confirmed their LoCI was received? I'm kind of terrified of these stories of the office never adding updates to a file and the person discovering so weeks later.

User avatar
seeprybyrun
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:18 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist c/o 2020

Postby seeprybyrun » Thu May 04, 2017 5:37 am

Got WL confirmation at 4:31 EDT today. Sent my WL form on April 19, and re-sent it with my LOCI on May 1.

emeryville
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:10 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist c/o 2020

Postby emeryville » Thu May 04, 2017 12:49 pm

seeprybyrun wrote:Got WL confirmation at 4:31 EDT today. Sent my WL form on April 19, and re-sent it with my LOCI on May 1.


Same time (AM to clarify), and basically same dates.

calbear92
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist c/o 2020

Postby calbear92 » Thu May 04, 2017 1:35 pm

First time poster on this thread. Yale was a HUGE long shot, so I feel tremendously fortunate to be on the waitlist. I submitted the waitlist form on April 18, and received the confirmation this morning at 1:31 AM (pacific time). I also sent in a PDF of my LOCI via email and also sent the letter via mail on Tuesday 5/2. Either way, we are all going to amazing schools! Good luck to everyone!
Last edited by calbear92 on Sat May 06, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NotPanicking
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:41 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist c/o 2020

Postby NotPanicking » Thu May 04, 2017 2:34 pm

Welp. That answers that. lol

User avatar
RictusErectus
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:31 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist c/o 2020

Postby RictusErectus » Thu May 04, 2017 7:52 pm

calbear92 wrote:First time poster on this thread. Yale was a HUGE long shot, so I feel tremendously fortunate to be on the waitlist. I submitted the waitlist form on April 18, and received the confirmation this morning at 1:31 AM (pacific time). I also send in a PDF of my LOCI via email and also sent the letter via mail on Tuesday 5/2. Either way, we are all going to amazing schools! Good luck to everyone!


Man, the snail mail is a smart move. I only sent mine in via email and am wondering if I should do the postal mail as well.

...all of this because it feels like the death knell to call the office and ask for a confirmation?! Damn you, Yale.

User avatar
seeprybyrun
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:18 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist c/o 2020

Postby seeprybyrun » Thu May 04, 2017 8:07 pm

RictusErectus wrote:
calbear92 wrote:First time poster on this thread. Yale was a HUGE long shot, so I feel tremendously fortunate to be on the waitlist. I submitted the waitlist form on April 18, and received the confirmation this morning at 1:31 AM (pacific time). I also send in a PDF of my LOCI via email and also sent the letter via mail on Tuesday 5/2. Either way, we are all going to amazing schools! Good luck to everyone!


Man, the snail mail is a smart move. I only sent mine in via email and am wondering if I should do the postal mail as well.

...all of this because it feels like the death knell to call the office and ask for a confirmation?! Damn you, Yale.


I mean, the LOCI isn't necessarily going to help your file all that much ("a feather on the scale," as Asha said).

The more important thing is that they got your WL form.

VapidP
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:11 am

Re: Yale Waitlist c/o 2020

Postby VapidP » Wed May 10, 2017 4:28 pm

Did anyone else who sent in their Waitlist form not get a confirmation?

Not sure if this is a terrible sign or not.......

NotPanicking
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:41 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist c/o 2020

Postby NotPanicking » Wed May 10, 2017 4:56 pm

VapidP wrote:Did anyone else who sent in their Waitlist form not get a confirmation?

Not sure if this is a terrible sign or not.......


I still haven't. I re-sent it with my LOCI last week.

HonestlyThough
Posts: 374
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:17 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist c/o 2020

Postby HonestlyThough » Wed May 10, 2017 6:17 pm

haven't gotten a confirmation

User avatar
alpha kenny body
Posts: 4853
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist c/o 2020

Postby alpha kenny body » Wed May 10, 2017 6:48 pm

notsonotorious wrote:
HonestlyThough wrote:HLS was super great.
Anyone else having WL doubts?


total lurker here - on HLS waitlist and curious what you loved about it? PM me pls if you don't want to pollute the yale board with hls talk :)

Im deposited at h and riding this waitlist. Its a win win, imo. Boston has been great thus far.

User avatar
bearedman8
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:43 am

Re: Yale Waitlist c/o 2020

Postby bearedman8 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:03 am

Assuming that no acceptances have gone out yet, it looks like this week is the most likely time to see movement. Good luck everyone! :)

User avatar
RictusErectus
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:31 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist c/o 2020

Postby RictusErectus » Mon May 15, 2017 10:10 am

bearedman8 wrote:Assuming that no acceptances have gone out yet, it looks like this week is the most likely time to see movement. Good luck everyone! :)


I hope you're right, but this is Yale and they might as well be having a year where they pick NO ONE off the waitlist.

NotPanicking
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:41 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist c/o 2020

Postby NotPanicking » Tue May 16, 2017 11:06 am

Umm, still no confirmation. Wouldn't calling them kill whatever slim shot I have of getting accepted? :shock: :shock: :shock:

toto1995
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:27 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist c/o 2020

Postby toto1995 » Thu May 18, 2017 4:31 pm

Does anyone know how many people are in the Facebook group as of today?

klove2020
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:57 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist c/o 2020

Postby klove2020 » Thu May 18, 2017 4:52 pm

toto1995 wrote:Does anyone know how many people are in the Facebook group as of today?


+1

dyebri
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:42 am

Re: Yale Waitlist c/o 2020

Postby dyebri » Thu May 18, 2017 4:54 pm

klove2020 wrote:
toto1995 wrote:Does anyone know how many people are in the Facebook group as of today?


+1


+1




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blackmamba8, cafesupreme, chldudals22, Cjackson, clsturtle, Google Adsense [Bot], jibrahim23, KENYADIGG1T, minsnail, pros, QUIZ, rachelac, seanbodonovan, Veil of Ignorance, Yahoo [Bot], yyyuppp and 22 guests