Mistaken Acceptance Letter

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
BOSStongrl

Mistaken Acceptance Letter

Postby BOSStongrl » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:19 pm

Hey guys. I just wanted people to be aware and watch out for NYLS acceptance letters. I was waitlisted at NYLS (I know, im retaking the LSAT) about a month ago and I never followed up. Last night around 9pm I was sent an email from the dean saying that he was "pleased to hear that i was offered admission". At the time i read over it quickly, but it started to sound odd. I sent them an email asking if it was a mistake. And lo and behold i was correct. This was the email i received back (below), but seriously this day and age schools cant create a correct distribution list? Especially with something as important as admissions? Absolutely unacceptable. But if you just received an acceptance letter, be sure to check your status checker before you get too excited- that applies to ALL schools.

Dear ----,

I am writing with an apology. Last night, you received an e-mail from me concerning your application to New York Law School. Your name was mistakenly included on a distribution list of applicants to be sent these e-mails. Your correct admissions status is that which is found on the LSAC Online Status Checker.

This is a very unfortunate administrative error. We take the admissions process very seriously and have always prided ourselves on a high level of communication about our application and matriculation processes. Errors like these are unacceptable, and we are investigating to understand the problem and to ensure it is never repeated.

Again, with sincerest apologies.

Anthony W. Crowell
Dean and President
New York Law School

zot1

Re: Mistaken Acceptance Letter

Postby zot1 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:20 pm

So many will be heartbroken...

Hogwartsexpress

Postby Hogwartsexpress » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:26 pm

This happen to me but with stetson, I feels for you

Thelaw23

Postby Thelaw23 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:33 pm

Tell them you pulled your apps from other schools and told your employers you are leaving already. Sue for damages.

acr

Postby acr » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:40 pm

Iowa pulled this shit a few years ago. Sent out acceptance letters then reneged shortly after. Should have to honor the acceptances IMO.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:02 pm

Thelaw23 wrote:Tell them you pulled your apps from other schools and told your employers you are leaving already. Sue for damages.

Up next on Judge Judy:

NYLS students sue NYLS for damages resulting from faulty acceptance letters. How will Judge Judy rule? Find out next.

cjar819

Postby cjar819 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:24 pm

Thelaw23 wrote:Tell them you pulled your apps from other schools and told your employers you are leaving already. Sue for damages.

+1000

John US Marshall

Postby John US Marshall » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:31 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:

Up next on Judge Judy:

NYLS students sue NYLS for damages resulting from faulty acceptance letters. How will Judge Judy rule? Find out next.

What's your deal bro, why you gotta be so rude?

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:33 pm

John US Marshall wrote:

Up next on Judge Judy:

Don't be sensitive

zot1

Postby zot1 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:34 pm

John US Marshall wrote:

Up next on Judge Judy:

It's a joke. Laugh it off.

34iplaw

Postby 34iplaw » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:37 pm

I did not know that Judge Judy went to NYLS. +major props if that was intentional.

sorry OP - that sucks. At least you sort of figured something was up!

P.S. You should become a rapper. BOSSton is on par with FLORIDA IMO... so ... get on that.

charles117

Postby charles117 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:39 pm

ouch

BOSStongrl

Postby BOSStongrl » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:16 pm

34iplaw wrote:I did not know that Judge Judy went to NYLS. +major props if that was intentional.

sorry OP - that sucks. At least you sort of figured something was up!

P.S. You should become a rapper. BOSSton is on par with FLORIDA IMO... so ... get on that.

Thanks! And haha I mean hey if the law school thing doesnt work out ill have that as a back up at least. All my songs will be directed at NYLS eminem style

And thanks everyone! Your posts/jokes actually made me feel WAY better today. Safe to say law school application process sucks..But if this doesnt work out in the end, at least theres an opening for an admin position at NYLS ;)

Off to drink a LOT of wine

lillawyer2

Postby lillawyer2 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:14 am

I get confused as hell over NYLS and NYU law school. Why have more than one school with the name New York especially in the same city?

Future Ex-Engineer

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:42 am

I feel like most on here would be more upset that they got an acceptance letter from NYLS in the first place...

dbalkaran

Postby dbalkaran » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:45 am

lillawyer2

Postby lillawyer2 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:24 am

mrgstephe wrote:I feel like most on here would be more upset that they got an acceptance letter from NYLS in the first place...

Damn...

MarkinKansasCity
#MAGA

Postby MarkinKansasCity » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:31 am

lillawyer2 wrote:
mrgstephe wrote:I feel like most on here would be more upset that they got an acceptance letter from NYLS in the first place...

Damn...

This... is less than ideal.

lillawyer2

Postby lillawyer2 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:47 am

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:

Damn...

This... is less than ideal.

Well thank capitalism, freedom of choice, demand, equal opportunity and a whole bunch of shit for the exsistance of schools like this. lol

I do know people who graduated from this school. I worked at a law firm. My first day the partner said oh we have someone who goes to school and works here. She goes to NYLaw. I got so hype and wanted to discuss with her many things, but then a light bulb went off in my head (NYULaw doesn't have a Pt program-or didn't at this time) so while she was telling me all about her experience, I was busy wondering where the hell NYLaw came from and how purposefully confusing their name is.

I know so many people who get NyU and NY confused.

The people I knwo who went there, do not make a lot of money and have a lot of side hustles.

OneHandedEconomist

Postby OneHandedEconomist » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:52 am

Promissory estoppel, fam.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”