Waitlist success stories?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
waldorf
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:28 pm

Waitlist success stories?

Postby waldorf » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:06 pm

.

onecallthats all
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:23 am

Re: Waitlist success stories?

Postby onecallthats all » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:42 pm

hahahaha the silence is tragically ironic. And I would love to know.... considering I am on 8 WLs :oops:

sittykitty
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:32 pm

Re: Waitlist success stories?

Postby sittykitty » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:50 pm

I have some secondhand success stories! I have one friend who got off the waitlist at Columbia in late July, after depositing at NYU. Another got off the waitlist at Harvard the day he moved to New York to start at CLS.

User avatar
charles117
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Re: Waitlist success stories?

Postby charles117 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:53 pm

heres to hoping for berkeley waitlist movement

Nero21
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:33 pm

Re: Waitlist success stories?

Postby Nero21 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:37 pm

sittykitty wrote:I have some secondhand success stories! I have one friend who got off the waitlist at Columbia in late July, after depositing at NYU. Another got off the waitlist at Harvard the day he moved to New York to start at CLS.


Does your friend have any advice for getting off of the waitlist or was it just pure luck? LOCI is kind of obvious but did he send extra letters of recommendation, get any awards, etc.?

User avatar
zot1
Posts: 4474
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:53 am

Re: Waitlist success stories?

Postby zot1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:13 pm

bwaldorf wrote:.


I was placed on the waitlist at LA Farm once. Pleasantly surprised I was able to get in eventually.

sittykitty
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:32 pm

Re: Waitlist success stories?

Postby sittykitty » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:42 pm

Nero21 wrote:
sittykitty wrote:I have some secondhand success stories! I have one friend who got off the waitlist at Columbia in late July, after depositing at NYU. Another got off the waitlist at Harvard the day he moved to New York to start at CLS.


Does your friend have any advice for getting off of the waitlist or was it just pure luck? LOCI is kind of obvious but did he send extra letters of recommendation, get any awards, etc.?


The Columbia friend was a KJD who sent a final transcript but nothing else. The Harvard friend just sent a LOCI. You just gotta cross your fingers that someone turning down their slot is your demographic twin.

kaptainkeepa
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:03 pm

Re: Waitlist success stories?

Postby kaptainkeepa » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:06 pm

zot1 wrote:
bwaldorf wrote:.


I was placed on the waitlist at LA Farm once. Pleasantly surprised I was able to get in eventually.


LA Farm?? :0

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: Waitlist success stories?

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:00 am

6 schools offered me a spot on their waitlist and I accepted all 6 of them. They sent me email notifications to confirm my place on the waitlists.

So I'm successfully on 6 waitlists.

User avatar
galeatus
Posts: 958
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:53 am

Re: Waitlist success stories?

Postby galeatus » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:06 am

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:6 schools offered me a spot on their waitlist and I accepted all 6 of them. They sent me email notifications to confirm my place on the waitlists.

So I'm successfully on 6 waitlists.


:lol: :lol:

User avatar
haley12
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: Waitlist success stories?

Postby haley12 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:41 pm

This is obviously outdated info, but my boss over the summer (a federal judge) went to NYU off the waitlist and is now crazy successful.

JDrat
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:45 pm

Re: Waitlist success stories?

Postby JDrat » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:02 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:6 schools offered me a spot on their waitlist and I accepted all 6 of them. They sent me email notifications to confirm my place on the waitlists.

So I'm successfully on 6 waitlists.


Hahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Waitlist success stories?

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:03 pm

I think those UChicago peeps who got WL'd this cycle and then were accepted shortly after are cool success stories. I know chargers21 is one of them. Congrats to y'all!

latinxlawschool2020
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:34 am

Re: Waitlist success stories?

Postby latinxlawschool2020 » Sun May 21, 2017 8:35 pm

.
Last edited by latinxlawschool2020 on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
melmelcoolj
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Waitlist success stories?

Postby melmelcoolj » Sun May 21, 2017 9:48 pm

This might not be such a great success story, but I was on PR and Reserve at two lower T13 schools, and got off with generous scholarships. But before that I was WL-ed at all the T13s I applied to with a rejection from Chicago.

User avatar
amta
Posts: 9258
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Waitlist success stories?

Postby amta » Mon May 22, 2017 11:32 am

i got into vandy off the waitlist with a good scholarship by doing nothing.

User avatar
thatlawlkid
Posts: 2130
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:06 pm

Re: Waitlist success stories?

Postby thatlawlkid » Mon May 22, 2017 11:42 am

amta wrote:i got into vandy off the waitlist with a good scholarship by doing nothing.

+1

User avatar
chargers21
Posts: 3465
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Waitlist success stories?

Postby chargers21 » Sun May 28, 2017 2:30 am

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:I think those UChicago peeps who got WL'd this cycle and then were accepted shortly after are cool success stories. I know chargers21 is one of them. Congrats to y'all!

I missed my shoutout 8)
Yeah, I've had a lot of WL success so far. I got a small scholarship off the waitlist from UChicago just a few weeks after getting waitlisted, and didn't submit any additional info. I have since deposited elwewhere at a t13, but it was still pretty cool. Since then I have gotten (disappointing) money off the waitlist at Vandy (withdrew) and been offered admission to two t13s off the waitlists. I'm still awaiting financial aid offers from them before deciding whether to bite.

I have not submitted LOCIs or anything else to any schools, so numbers/luck seem to be working in my favor more than effort.

User avatar
AtSomePointItMatters
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:02 am

Re: Waitlist success stories?

Postby AtSomePointItMatters » Sun May 28, 2017 5:40 am

Deposited at UT-Austin and just got in off Duke WL after LOCI and additional strong LOR :D

User avatar
melmelcoolj
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Waitlist success stories?

Postby melmelcoolj » Wed May 31, 2017 2:18 am

AtSomePointItMatters wrote:Deposited at UT-Austin and just got in off Duke WL after LOCI and additional strong LOR :D


Congrats! Are you attending Duke?

User avatar
AtSomePointItMatters
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:02 am

Re: Waitlist success stories?

Postby AtSomePointItMatters » Wed May 31, 2017 2:26 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
AtSomePointItMatters wrote:Deposited at UT-Austin and just got in off Duke WL after LOCI and additional strong LOR :D


Congrats! Are you attending Duke?


I'm planning to. If I somehow get off Penn's WL, I will go to Penn. But I'm not counting on that. Thrilled to be in this position at all.

User avatar
34iplaw
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: Waitlist success stories?

Postby 34iplaw » Wed May 31, 2017 2:41 pm

AtSomePointItMatters wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
AtSomePointItMatters wrote:Deposited at UT-Austin and just got in off Duke WL after LOCI and additional strong LOR :D


Congrats! Are you attending Duke?


I'm planning to. If I somehow get off Penn's WL, I will go to Penn. But I'm not counting on that. Thrilled to be in this position at all.


Hey apparently ATL loves Duke.

Ellewoods5516
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 12:43 pm

Re: Waitlist success stories?

Postby Ellewoods5516 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:24 am

Fingers crossed some of you get off the waitlist today!

User avatar
chargers21
Posts: 3465
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Waitlist success stories?

Postby chargers21 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:28 am

6 figures from a t13 waitlist is possible. Stay confident!

User avatar
largemarge26
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:27 pm

Re: Waitlist success stories?

Postby largemarge26 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:07 pm

Lovin' Chargers21 and ellewoods5516's positivity- Good luck everyone!!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests