Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Still standing? Where in the WL process are you?

JSNone-> WL -> Have Withdrawn since
6
12%
JSNone-> WL (will ride it out)
12
23%
JSNone-> WL (planning to withdraw)
2
4%
JSNone-> WL-> Dinged or/ No JS1 yet or/ No JS2 yet
8
15%
JSNone-> WL -> JS1 -> JS2 !!
4
8%
JS1 -> WL -> Have Withdrawn since
1
2%
JS1 -> WL (will ride it out)
17
33%
JS1 -> WL (planning to withdraw)
0
No votes
JS1 -> WL -> Dinged or/ No JS1b yet or/ No JS2 yet
0
No votes
JS1 -> WL -> Had JS1b -> JS2 !!
2
4%
 
Total votes: 52

User avatar
jjcorvino

Silver
Posts: 1456
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby jjcorvino » Fri May 05, 2017 11:19 am

Rigo wrote:Come on Harvard, add some excitement to my day!


+180

CPA-->JD

Bronze
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 12:30 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby CPA-->JD » Fri May 05, 2017 11:26 am

15 interview spots left out of 32, so at least 17 new Js1's yesterday. Anyone know if that is more than usual?

palalc

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:29 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby palalc » Fri May 05, 2017 11:30 am

Any speculation on JS1bs?

Also, what do they do if one listed an international phone number? Has anyone ever reported a JS1b by email?

guyindfw

New
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:32 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby guyindfw » Fri May 05, 2017 11:49 am

Good luck.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby Rigo » Fri May 05, 2017 11:50 am

In about 50 mins is when the JS1's went out yesterday.

User avatar
jjcorvino

Silver
Posts: 1456
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby jjcorvino » Fri May 05, 2017 11:53 am

Rigo wrote:In about 50 mins is when the JS1's went out yesterday.


JS called me and told me they are skipping the interviews and are just straight admitting/denying TLSers. They said they think they have a good enough idea of our personalities from our post histories.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby Rigo » Fri May 05, 2017 11:55 am

jjcorvino wrote:
Rigo wrote:In about 50 mins is when the JS1's went out yesterday.

JS called me and told me they are skipping the interviews and are just straight admitting/denying TLSers. They said they think they have a good enough idea of our personalities from our post histories.

:shock:
I was thinking earlier if all your posts are just you being lowkey manipulative since you're so easily identifiable. Respekt.

User avatar
jjcorvino

Silver
Posts: 1456
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby jjcorvino » Fri May 05, 2017 11:58 am

Rigo wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
Rigo wrote:In about 50 mins is when the JS1's went out yesterday.

JS called me and told me they are skipping the interviews and are just straight admitting/denying TLSers. They said they think they have a good enough idea of our personalities from our post histories.

:shock:
I was thinking earlier if all your posts are just you being lowkey manipulative since you're so easily identifiable. Respekt.


Just want to show the partners at my future law firm that I am a top tier poster. Need to be easy to find.

AllHailKingMao

Bronze
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:38 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby AllHailKingMao » Fri May 05, 2017 11:58 am

palalc wrote:Any speculation on JS1bs?

Also, what do they do if one listed an international phone number? Has anyone ever reported a JS1b by email?


I don't knowwww :'( I'm a pre-WL JS1 holder and I have no idea what's going on or why H hates me :'(

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby Rigo » Fri May 05, 2017 11:59 am

jjcorvino wrote:Just want to show the partners at my future law firm that I am a top tier poster. Need to be easy to find.

I hope my post count reads BILLING MACHINE.

User avatar
jjcorvino

Silver
Posts: 1456
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby jjcorvino » Fri May 05, 2017 12:01 pm

Rigo wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:Just want to show the partners at my future law firm that I am a top tier poster. Need to be easy to find.

I hope my post count reads BILLING MACHINE.


100% Louis Litt

Studybuddy17

Bronze
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:38 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby Studybuddy17 » Fri May 05, 2017 12:05 pm

jjcorvino wrote:
Rigo wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
Rigo wrote:In about 50 mins is when the JS1's went out yesterday.

JS called me and told me they are skipping the interviews and are just straight admitting/denying TLSers. They said they think they have a good enough idea of our personalities from our post histories.

:shock:
I was thinking earlier if all your posts are just you being lowkey manipulative since you're so easily identifiable. Respekt.


Just want to show the partners at my future law firm that I am a top tier poster. Need to be easy to find.

Also, a future Above the Law commentator

User avatar
appind

Gold
Posts: 2258
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby appind » Fri May 05, 2017 12:34 pm

SpookySalem92 wrote:I don't know how indicative WL movement at other schools may be, but as a point of reference UVA sent out an email to let waitlistees know that they didn't anticipate dipping into the WL much ("if at all") based on received deposits.


that email was kinda of contrary to their earlier "ain't no soft rejection" mail.

SpookySalem92

Bronze
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:29 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby SpookySalem92 » Fri May 05, 2017 12:45 pm

appind wrote:
SpookySalem92 wrote:I don't know how indicative WL movement at other schools may be, but as a point of reference UVA sent out an email to let waitlistees know that they didn't anticipate dipping into the WL much ("if at all") based on received deposits.


that email was kinda of contrary to their earlier "ain't no soft rejection" mail.


TBH they already lost me with the "since past is normally prologue" line in their excessively long WL email.

User avatar
41262

New
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:51 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby 41262 » Fri May 05, 2017 12:52 pm

.
Last edited by 41262 on Mon May 08, 2017 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpookySalem92

Bronze
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:29 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby SpookySalem92 » Fri May 05, 2017 12:53 pm

12:52PM EST and all's quiet on the JS front.

User avatar
jjcorvino

Silver
Posts: 1456
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby jjcorvino » Fri May 05, 2017 12:54 pm

SpookySalem92 wrote:12:52PM EST and all's quiet on the JS front.


I am dead inside.

SpookySalem92

Bronze
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:29 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby SpookySalem92 » Fri May 05, 2017 12:55 pm

jjcorvino wrote:
SpookySalem92 wrote:12:52PM EST and all's quiet on the JS front.


I am dead inside.


You may have cursed us, smol pupper!

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby Rigo » Fri May 05, 2017 1:16 pm

:(

Pyrex

New
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:54 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby Pyrex » Fri May 05, 2017 1:21 pm

Rigo wrote::(


I'm not sure if I'm more disappointed that a wave didn't happen, or relieved I didn't miss the next wave (yet).

SpookySalem92

Bronze
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:29 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby SpookySalem92 » Fri May 05, 2017 1:21 pm

Pyrex wrote:
Rigo wrote::(


I'm not sure if I'm more disappointed that a wave didn't happen, or relieved I didn't miss the next wave (yet).


+10! I said upfront and I've said throughout, I'm in this for the long haul so until they tell me outright that it ain't gonna happen, I'm staying put.

User avatar
appind

Gold
Posts: 2258
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby appind » Fri May 05, 2017 1:36 pm

41262 wrote:
SpookySalem92 wrote:
appind wrote:
SpookySalem92 wrote:I don't know how indicative WL movement at other schools may be, but as a point of reference UVA sent out an email to let waitlistees know that they didn't anticipate dipping into the WL much ("if at all") based on received deposits.


that email was kinda of contrary to their earlier "ain't no soft rejection" mail.


TBH they already lost me with the "since past is normally prologue" line in their excessively long WL email.

:D glad I wasn't the only one who found that line absurd...


+1
and schools say not to use flowery language

User avatar
Nightwing

Bronze
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:44 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby Nightwing » Fri May 05, 2017 1:59 pm

appind wrote:
41262 wrote:
SpookySalem92 wrote:
appind wrote:
SpookySalem92 wrote:I don't know how indicative WL movement at other schools may be, but as a point of reference UVA sent out an email to let waitlistees know that they didn't anticipate dipping into the WL much ("if at all") based on received deposits.


that email was kinda of contrary to their earlier "ain't no soft rejection" mail.


TBH they already lost me with the "since past is normally prologue" line in their excessively long WL email.

:D glad I wasn't the only one who found that line absurd...


+1
and schools say not to use flowery language


Heh, I've had T13s send me flowery language, typos, contradictory statements, straight-up blunders (*cough* NYU), disinterested/generic communications that bring absolutely nothing new to the table, and even one email that clearly came across as arrogant or entitled in its own obliviously mocking tone. All things we, as T13 applicants, generally obsess over avoiding. And yet... lol.
Last edited by Nightwing on Fri May 05, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SpookySalem92

Bronze
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:29 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby SpookySalem92 » Fri May 05, 2017 2:00 pm

An unnamed T13 school accidentally included me on an email sent to group/club leaders that were giving presentations at the ASW. What makes it slightly worse is that it was at a "diversity reception" and the email ended by saying they were having a hard time getting enough people to show up, and asking group leaders to push really hard for representatives to come. Lol

kbzon

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 10:43 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby kbzon » Fri May 05, 2017 2:49 pm

Safe to assume that there won't be a wave today? Does that mean that Monday will be the next wave if they still have to fill spots for the 9th (Tuesday) and the 10th (Wednesday)? Thoughts?



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests