Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Still standing? Where in the WL process are you?

JSNone-> WL -> Have Withdrawn since
12%
JSNone-> WL (will ride it out)
23%
JSNone-> WL (planning to withdraw)
4%
JSNone-> WL-> Dinged or/ No JS1 yet or/ No JS2 yet
15%
JSNone-> WL -> JS1 -> JS2 !!
8%
JS1 -> WL -> Have Withdrawn since
2%
JS1 -> WL (will ride it out)
33%
JS1 -> WL (planning to withdraw)
No votes
JS1 -> WL -> Dinged or/ No JS1b yet or/ No JS2 yet
No votes
JS1 -> WL -> Had JS1b -> JS2 !!
4%

Total votes: 52

AllHailKingMao

Bronze

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby AllHailKingMao » Fri May 05, 2017 9:15 am

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) wrote:
AllHailKingMao wrote:
Studybuddy17 wrote:
AllHailKingMao wrote:Could the JS1 holders (especially the international ones) post their stat ranges? I'm just trying to figure out what HLS is looking for. If they are targeting internationals it could be that they are looking for the high LSATs with the non-reported international GPAs to not screw over their GPA medians.

Very interesting point, that would really help explain this international tsunami

Thanks! So far I've seen one below 25th and one above 75th so idk if it's holding up lol. Anyone else?

I think there were at least two below LSAT median. I am guessing and hoping that they met their target LSAT! I think last time they were targeting 173 and picked up only (or mostly) those with above 172 from the waitlist. This time it's more promising (for those below medians).

I'm going to take our sample size and run with it and say HALLELUJAH

eck456

Bronze

Postby eck456 » Fri May 05, 2017 9:17 am

AllHailKingMao wrote:
AllHailKingMao wrote:
Studybuddy17 wrote:
AllHailKingMao wrote:Could the JS1 holders (especially the international ones) post their stat ranges? I'm just trying to figure out what HLS is looking for. If they are targeting internationals it could be that they are looking for the high LSATs with the non-reported international GPAs to not screw over their GPA medians.

Very interesting point, that would really help explain this international tsunami

Thanks! So far I've seen one below 25th and one above 75th so idk if it's holding up lol. Anyone else?

I think there were at least two below LSAT median. I am guessing and hoping that they met their target LSAT! I think last time they were targeting 173 and picked up only (or mostly) those with above 172 from the waitlist. This time it's more promising (for those below medians).

The non-tlser I know is also under the 25 lsat

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)

Bronze

Postby BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Fri May 05, 2017 9:34 am

eck456 wrote:
AllHailKingMao wrote:
AllHailKingMao wrote:
Studybuddy17 wrote:

Is he/she an international?

eck456

Bronze

Postby eck456 » Fri May 05, 2017 9:36 am

eck456 wrote:
AllHailKingMao wrote:
AllHailKingMao wrote:
Studybuddy17 wrote:

Is he/she an international?

No but enrolled in a Harvard grad program

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Fri May 05, 2017 9:42 am

Today is the day, I feel it.

SpookySalem92

Bronze

Postby SpookySalem92 » Fri May 05, 2017 9:44 am

jjcorvino wrote:Today is the day, I feel it.

Don't curse us! Act cool, guys!

TudoBem

Bronze

Postby TudoBem » Fri May 05, 2017 10:03 am

I don't understand the concept of applying to law school and being a non-tlser. They should join us, we're so cool 8) :P

ml0606148

New

Postby ml0606148 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:15 am

TudoBem wrote:I don't understand the concept of applying to law school and being a non-tlser. They should join us, we're so cool 8) :P

:twisted: we are too cool to not be admitted off this waitlist cycle

notsonotorious

Bronze

Postby notsonotorious » Fri May 05, 2017 10:25 am

How do we know that all the js1 invites haven't gone out yet?

SpookySalem92

Bronze

Postby SpookySalem92 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:27 am

notsonotorious wrote:

We don't. It's all speculative, the basis of which is spread over the last few pages, mainly driven by inexplicable skew (every respondent in TLS) toward international students and also the open slots in the interview scheduler.

FWIW, for my own peace of mind I'm telling myself that it's done and will consider any positive development on my end (or anyone else's!) a welcome surprise. Gotta protect me fragile heart.
Last edited by SpookySalem92 on Fri May 05, 2017 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

ml0606148

New

Postby ml0606148 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:30 am

notsonotorious wrote:

I think a more probable speculation is that the second wave will come next week or even the week after next week

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Fri May 05, 2017 10:37 am

I don't think them having open slots means anything. I think they probably just wanted to give people options.
Now if they add more interview days today then it's awwwwn. :mrgreen:

SpookySalem92

Bronze

Postby SpookySalem92 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:39 am

Rigo wrote:I don't think them having open slots means anything. I think they probably just wanted to give people options.

I suppose, but didn't they only have 18 slots last year? Do we know how quickly those filled?

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Fri May 05, 2017 10:41 am

SpookySalem92 wrote:
Rigo wrote:I don't think them having open slots means anything. I think they probably just wanted to give people options.

I suppose, but didn't they only have 18 slots last year? Do we know how quickly those filled?

I don't really know how slots work, but Im skeptical that 36 slots or whatever means 36 people got JS1's or even that there are more to come today to fill them. They probably just put as many slots as they could that fit with their schedule since they're flexible.

I am very blind in this thread though and don't know much of anything.

notsonotorious

Bronze

Postby notsonotorious » Fri May 05, 2017 10:44 am

SpookySalem92 wrote:
notsonotorious wrote:

We don't. It's all speculative, the basis of which is spread over the last few pages, mainly driven by inexplicable skew (every respondent in TLS) toward international students and also the open slots in the interview scheduler.

FWIW, for my own peace of mind I'm telling myself that it's done and will consider any positive development on my end (or anyone else's!) a welcome surprise. Gotta protect me fragile heart.

Cool, thx. Yea, me too. I'm telling people I'm going to NYU and don't even mention the waitlists anymore, because why even.

MrJD2020

Bronze

Postby MrJD2020 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:44 am

Rigo wrote:
I am very blind in this thread though and don't know much of anything.

^the only honest person on TLS

SpookySalem92

Bronze

Postby SpookySalem92 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:48 am

notsonotorious wrote:
SpookySalem92 wrote:
notsonotorious wrote:

Cool, thx. Yea, me too. I'm telling people I'm going to NYU and don't even mention the waitlists anymore, because why even.

Likewise, actually. Certainly plenty positive to be said about that outcome as well!

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Fri May 05, 2017 10:51 am

SpookySalem92 wrote:
notsonotorious wrote:
SpookySalem92 wrote:
notsonotorious wrote:

Likewise, actually. Certainly plenty positive to be said about that outcome as well!

I made my flex facebook/instagram post already, so it is going to be super awkward if I have to update people lol.

unrelated

Bronze

Postby unrelated » Fri May 05, 2017 10:55 am

jjcorvino wrote:
I made my flex facebook/instagram post already, so it is going to be super awkward if I have to update people lol.

I'm waiting to do this when I quit my job--gives HLS and my delusion a little extra time to make the right choice. See you at Columbia though!

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Fri May 05, 2017 10:57 am

I have yet to alert the unwashed masses that I might be going to law school.
I'm a decently private person though.
My update will probably be when I actually move in August.

SpookySalem92

Bronze

Postby SpookySalem92 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:59 am

Likewise am not going to go publiq until I leave my job because that would probably be awkward if they found out through a fb post...

ahendrix3

New

Postby ahendrix3 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:04 am

unrelated wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:

I'm waiting to do this when I quit my job--gives HLS and my delusion a little extra time to make the right choice. See you at Columbia though!

*peaks head around corner* I'm also planning on Columbia, did you guys go to ASW?

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Fri May 05, 2017 11:08 am

ahendrix3 wrote:
unrelated wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:

*peaks head around corner* I'm also planning on Columbia, did you guys go to ASW?

Yep, the first one at the beginning of March.

unrelated

Bronze

Postby unrelated » Fri May 05, 2017 11:09 am

ahendrix3 wrote:
unrelated wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:

Yup! Went to the first one in early March. There's a facebook page on the Columbia class forum if you haven't joined yet

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Fri May 05, 2017 11:15 am

Come on Harvard, add some excitement to my day!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?