Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Still standing? Where in the WL process are you?

JSNone-> WL -> Have Withdrawn since
12%
JSNone-> WL (will ride it out)
23%
JSNone-> WL (planning to withdraw)
4%
JSNone-> WL-> Dinged or/ No JS1 yet or/ No JS2 yet
15%
JSNone-> WL -> JS1 -> JS2 !!
8%
JS1 -> WL -> Have Withdrawn since
2%
JS1 -> WL (will ride it out)
33%
JS1 -> WL (planning to withdraw)
No votes
JS1 -> WL -> Dinged or/ No JS1b yet or/ No JS2 yet
No votes
JS1 -> WL -> Had JS1b -> JS2 !!
4%

Total votes: 52

appind

Gold

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby appind » Thu May 04, 2017 6:01 pm

MrJD2020 wrote:

you seem to have got js1 so you dont care or it probably doesnt matter to you but this has been used in tls to collect data during cycles. too few js1 atm but it could be sent to any one person who could crosscheck for double book so number of pending Js1 can be known later in the cycle. someone with account for year goes thru the cycle only so they could know some stranger anon ids interview times.

SpookySalem92

Bronze

Postby SpookySalem92 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:35 pm

All:

I'm gonna go ahead and guess we won't be getting any more news today. Best of luck to those yet to hear (myself included), and fingers crossed we see another round of JS1s tomorrow.

20anon20

New

Postby 20anon20 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:36 pm

eck456 wrote:
Studybuddy17 wrote:
SpookySalem92 wrote:Did anyone not international receive a JS1 invite today?

Very curious about this too!

I know of one person who does not TLS but I saw the email

sorry to continue beating what might be a dead horse, but can someone with access to the page with the js1 interview slots share if there are still a decent number of open slots?

curry1

Silver

Postby curry1 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:40 pm

20anon20 wrote:
eck456 wrote:
Studybuddy17 wrote:

sorry to continue beating what might be a dead horse, but can someone with access to the page with the js1 interview slots share if there are still a decent number of open slots?

8 spots open on the 9th, 10 spots on the 10th

SpookySalem92

Bronze

Postby SpookySalem92 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:42 pm

curry1 wrote:
20anon20 wrote:
eck456 wrote:
Studybuddy17 wrote:

8 spots open on the 9th, 10 spots on the 10th

Interesting v2...half open on day 1, a little more than half open on day 2. Noted.

seeprybyrun

Bronze

Postby seeprybyrun » Thu May 04, 2017 7:38 pm

jjcorvino wrote:Looking at the LSN graph just depresses me. http://harvard.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/1617

If I hadn't fucked up one semester of undergrad, I almost certainly would be in. I just wish GPA was something you could somehow fix. :(

"Almost certainly"

Ahem.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Thu May 04, 2017 7:50 pm

There is no green in sight for my numbers so I'm happy to have made it here.
Just hoping for a miracle. Hoping for the sea to part.

seeprybyrun

Bronze

Postby seeprybyrun » Thu May 04, 2017 8:00 pm

Rigo wrote:There is no green in sight for my numbers so I'm happy to have made it here.
Just hoping for a miracle. Hoping for the sea to part.

See, I'm not sure if that's necessarily worse than being the sole yellow dot in a sea of green. I'm over here thinking, "what's the red flag on my app?"

AllHailKingMao

Bronze

Postby AllHailKingMao » Thu May 04, 2017 8:28 pm

Could the JS1 holders (especially the international ones) post their stat ranges? I'm just trying to figure out what HLS is looking for. If they are targeting internationals it could be that they are looking for the high LSATs with the non-reported international GPAs to not screw over their GPA medians.

potatocowpower

New

Postby potatocowpower » Thu May 04, 2017 8:30 pm

Woke up to see an interview invite
International GPA/ >75th LSAT

Studybuddy17

Bronze

Postby Studybuddy17 » Thu May 04, 2017 8:58 pm

AllHailKingMao wrote:Could the JS1 holders (especially the international ones) post their stat ranges? I'm just trying to figure out what HLS is looking for. If they are targeting internationals it could be that they are looking for the high LSATs with the non-reported international GPAs to not screw over their GPA medians.

Very interesting point, that would really help explain this international tsunami

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Thu May 04, 2017 9:05 pm

seeprybyrun wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:Looking at the LSN graph just depresses me. http://harvard.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/1617

If I hadn't fucked up one semester of undergrad, I almost certainly would be in. I just wish GPA was something you could somehow fix. :(

"Almost certainly"

Ahem.

Yeah yours is definitely odd.

kubakuba

New

Postby kubakuba » Thu May 04, 2017 9:07 pm

AllHailKingMao wrote:Could the JS1 holders (especially the international ones) post their stat ranges? I'm just trying to figure out what HLS is looking for. If they are targeting internationals it could be that they are looking for the high LSATs with the non-reported international GPAs to not screw over their GPA medians.

I'm below 25th

appind

Gold

Postby appind » Thu May 04, 2017 9:11 pm

sorence wrote:tbh it looks to me that the spreadsheet is messed up. I know for a fact that I'm the only one on it w/my GPA and signed-on school but my LSAT does not match up. Looks like someone sorted the GPA? Unless I'm reading it completely wrong.

i guess someone didn't read the Large-Fonted instructions at the top of the spreadsheet and tried sorting or such. may be a spreadsheet guru can tell if it maintains history so the changes could be reverted to its previous fixed state or fix it.

Kopetz

Bronze

Postby Kopetz » Thu May 04, 2017 9:22 pm

appind wrote:
sorence wrote:tbh it looks to me that the spreadsheet is messed up. I know for a fact that I'm the only one on it w/my GPA and signed-on school but my LSAT does not match up. Looks like someone sorted the GPA? Unless I'm reading it completely wrong.

i guess someone didn't read the Large-Fonted instructions at the top of the spreadsheet and tried sorting or such. may be a spreadsheet guru can tell if it maintains history so the changes could be reverted to its previous fixed state or fix it.

file > see revision history brings up a sidebar of past revisions. You can click on one then click the green "RESTORE THIS REVISION" button at the top of the screen to roll it back.

ml0606148

New

Postby ml0606148 » Thu May 04, 2017 10:46 pm

as an international who hasn't received a JS1, I am a little nervous lol....maybe there won't be internationals in the second wave...

ninjagirl

New

Postby ninjagirl » Thu May 04, 2017 10:57 pm

Is there anyone on the waitlist without a JS1 who recently checked their status and noticed something different?

After confirming I wanted to stay on the waitlist on March 30, clicking "View Update" under the status "An update to your application was last posted March 30, 2017," takes me to the letter from JS about the waitlist. That letter contains a link to "replying online." After I confirmed on March 30, clicking on this link used to lead to a page indicating "waitlist active" or something like that. (I remember there being green.)

Now when I click on the "replying online" link, I just get "503 error: Registration for this event is inactive."

???
And yes, I had received an e-mail from HLS JD admissions confirming my status on the waitlist back in early April, and I did not fill out any waitlist withdrawal form.

half moon

New

Postby half moon » Thu May 04, 2017 11:07 pm

ninjagirl wrote:Is there anyone on the waitlist without a JS1 who recently checked their status and noticed something different?

After confirming I wanted to stay on the waitlist on March 30, clicking "View Update" under the status "An update to your application was last posted March 30, 2017," takes me to the letter from JS about the waitlist. That letter contains a link to "replying online." After I confirmed on March 30, clicking on this link used to lead to a page indicating "waitlist active" or something like that. (I remember there being green.)

Now when I click on the "replying online" link, I just get "503 error: Registration for this event is inactive."

???
And yes, I had received an e-mail from HLS JD admissions confirming my status on the waitlist back in early April, and I did not fill out any waitlist withdrawal form.

I get the same screen. I assume the page went inactive because its now too late to reply to the initial waitlist offer, not because anything actually changed about our status. Not sure though.

ninjagirl

New

Postby ninjagirl » Thu May 04, 2017 11:11 pm

half moon wrote:
ninjagirl wrote:Is there anyone on the waitlist without a JS1 who recently checked their status and noticed something different?

???

I get the same screen. I assume the page went inactive because its now too late to reply to the initial waitlist offer, not because anything actually changed about our status. Not sure though.

Okay, that's probably right. Thanks!

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Thu May 04, 2017 11:12 pm

ninjagirl wrote:.

Dang you've been around awhile.

SpookySalem92

Bronze

Postby SpookySalem92 » Thu May 04, 2017 11:16 pm

Rigo wrote:

I was in high school in 2009 o.O

ninjagirl

New

Postby ninjagirl » Thu May 04, 2017 11:27 pm

Rigo wrote:

Yup.

enoca

Bronze

Postby enoca » Fri May 05, 2017 1:16 am

appind wrote:

The spreadsheet is fine. I looked through the revision history, and everything seems to be in order. The info has been sorted twice by some non-readers, but it doesn't matter.

There are built-in sort filters, so sorting doesn't actually mess up the data unless someone goes out of their way to do something dumb. Your info may not be in the row where you originally placed it, but it should still all be together on the same row. My info is still correct, as is everyone else's I individually checked.

It is possible that someone went through and manually changed some of the fields for some reason. Sorence, if you can point out (PM if you want) which info is yours, I can try and track down the problem.

AllHailKingMao

Bronze

Postby AllHailKingMao » Fri May 05, 2017 8:43 am

Studybuddy17 wrote:

Very interesting point, that would really help explain this international tsunami

Thanks! So far I've seen one below 25th and one above 75th so idk if it's holding up lol. Anyone else?

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)

Bronze

Postby BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Fri May 05, 2017 8:53 am

AllHailKingMao wrote:
Studybuddy17 wrote:

Thanks! So far I've seen one below 25th and one above 75th so idk if it's holding up lol. Anyone else?

I think there were at least two below LSAT median. I am guessing and hoping that they met their target LSAT! I think last time they were targeting 173 and picked up only (or mostly) those with above 172 from the waitlist. This time it's more promising (for those below medians).

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?