Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Still standing? Where in the WL process are you?

JSNone-> WL -> Have Withdrawn since
7
13%
JSNone-> WL (will ride it out)
12
23%
JSNone-> WL (planning to withdraw)
2
4%
JSNone-> WL-> Dinged or/ No JS1 yet or/ No JS2 yet
8
15%
JSNone-> WL -> JS1 -> JS2 !!
4
8%
JS1 -> WL -> Have Withdrawn since
1
2%
JS1 -> WL (will ride it out)
17
32%
JS1 -> WL (planning to withdraw)
0
No votes
JS1 -> WL -> Dinged or/ No JS1b yet or/ No JS2 yet
0
No votes
JS1 -> WL -> Had JS1b -> JS2 !!
2
4%
 
Total votes: 53

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16640
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby Rigo » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:58 pm

I think the Harvard admit I personally know is turning down his spot for CCN fully. He's tempted by the prestige but told me to punch him if he goes to Harvard.

sittykitty

Bronze
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:32 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby sittykitty » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:48 pm

curry1 wrote:
sittykitty wrote:FWIW, four out of the four HLS admits I know are turning down their slots!


YS?


Y/S/S/N

User avatar
bearedman8

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:43 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby bearedman8 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:55 pm

So I haven't been following this thread at all. Do any of the TLS statisticians have any theories on how many WL>A's there will be this year? There were, like, 4 of them on LSN last year so hopefully it's better than that!

I know that MS9 thinks that there will be a lot of movement this summer (in general).

eck456

Bronze
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:07 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby eck456 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:56 pm

sittykitty wrote:
curry1 wrote:
sittykitty wrote:FWIW, four out of the four HLS admits I know are turning down their slots!


YS?


Y/S/S/N


I also know an NU

eck456

Bronze
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:07 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby eck456 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:57 pm

bearedman8 wrote:So I haven't been following this thread at all. Do any of the TLS statisticians have any theories on how many WL>A's there will be this year? There were, like, 4 of them on LSN last year so hopefully it's better than that!

I know that MS9 thinks that there will be a lot of movement this summer (in general).


I personally know 4 people who got off WL last summer (admittedly I currently live in cambridge) but I think it's partially that people don't go back on lsn and update in, say, july or august. not to say we'll all get off WL, just that I know a LOT more than 4 people did last summer

curry1

Silver
Posts: 879
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 11:41 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby curry1 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:57 pm

bearedman8 wrote:So I haven't been following this thread at all. Do any of the TLS statisticians have any theories on how many WL>A's there will be this year? There were, like, 4 of them on LSN last year so hopefully it's better than that!

I know that MS9 thinks that there will be a lot of movement this summer (in general).


look at 2014-2015 cycle if you want a better picture. We have less or the same amount of high scorers as that cycle (the nadir in law school admissions history). I would expect a ton of people coming off the waitlist.

User avatar
bearedman8

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:43 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby bearedman8 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:07 am

eck456 wrote:
bearedman8 wrote:So I haven't been following this thread at all. Do any of the TLS statisticians have any theories on how many WL>A's there will be this year? There were, like, 4 of them on LSN last year so hopefully it's better than that!

I know that MS9 thinks that there will be a lot of movement this summer (in general).


I personally know 4 people who got off WL last summer (admittedly I currently live in cambridge) but I think it's partially that people don't go back on lsn and update in, say, july or august. not to say we'll all get off WL, just that I know a LOT more than 4 people did last summer


Oh wow that's good to hear! I know that people underreport negative results, but I definitely didn't expect people to underreport positive results as well. I guess it makes sense, given how late in the cycle WL movement happens. Is the consensus still that Harvard normally takes ~20% of their class through the waitlist?

curry1 wrote:look at 2014-2015 cycle if you want a better picture. We have less or the same amount of high scorers as that cycle (the nadir in law school admissions history). I would expect a ton of people coming off the waitlist.


Here's hoping! :)

eck456

Bronze
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:07 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby eck456 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:17 am

bearedman8 wrote:
eck456 wrote:
bearedman8 wrote:So I haven't been following this thread at all. Do any of the TLS statisticians have any theories on how many WL>A's there will be this year? There were, like, 4 of them on LSN last year so hopefully it's better than that!

I know that MS9 thinks that there will be a lot of movement this summer (in general).


I personally know 4 people who got off WL last summer (admittedly I currently live in cambridge) but I think it's partially that people don't go back on lsn and update in, say, july or august. not to say we'll all get off WL, just that I know a LOT more than 4 people did last summer


Oh wow that's good to hear! I know that people underreport negative results, but I definitely didn't expect people to underreport positive results as well. I guess it makes sense, given how late in the cycle WL movement happens. Is the consensus still that Harvard normally takes ~20% of their class through the waitlist?

curry1 wrote:look at 2014-2015 cycle if you want a better picture. We have less or the same amount of high scorers as that cycle (the nadir in law school admissions history). I would expect a ton of people coming off the waitlist.


Here's hoping! :)


Yeah, i would assume people aren't like "oh wow! let's break my lease, get a last minute apartment in cambridge, and move. and update lsn" but I'm also personally terrible with that stuff.

to be SUPER transparent I'm in another harvard grad program, so am obviously biased towards meeting people who've made it off the list. however, on campus (including at an HLS event I went to recently) everyone says "congrats" when you say you're waitlisted because they know so many people who are there off the WL. on the other hand, AGAIN it's a biased sample bc they wouldn't be there if they didn't get off the WL. So....*shrug*?

str8shot122

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby str8shot122 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:00 am

appind wrote:
str8shot122 wrote:Checking in. 161/3.68. Definitely thought I'd get rejected. Going to send LOCI because why not lol


special softs? urm?


Yeah military officer. But nothing extraordinary. Applied in November.

eck456

Bronze
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:07 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby eck456 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:10 am

str8shot122 wrote:
appind wrote:
str8shot122 wrote:Checking in. 161/3.68. Definitely thought I'd get rejected. Going to send LOCI because why not lol


special softs? urm?


Yeah military officer. But nothing extraordinary. Applied in November.


Talk about Veterans Service day this friday across harvard's campus and all the mil/civ stuff H is doing right now (not military, just friends w a bunch). H is all about crossing the mil/ civ divide these days (I think it's how they see having traction w the current administration given other avenues closing)

str8shot122

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby str8shot122 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:15 am

eck456 wrote:
str8shot122 wrote:
appind wrote:
str8shot122 wrote:Checking in. 161/3.68. Definitely thought I'd get rejected. Going to send LOCI because why not lol


special softs? urm?


Yeah military officer. But nothing extraordinary. Applied in November.


Talk about Veterans Service day this friday across harvard's campus and all the mil/civ stuff H is doing right now (not military, just friends w a bunch). H is all about crossing the mil/ civ divide these days (I think it's how they see having traction w the current administration given other avenues closing)


Thanks. Good to know. Yeah I was shocked because I've been denied all the way down to Cornell (waitlist). I fully expected to be rejected. Unfortunately, I don't think I have much upward mobility with an LSAT retake.

eck456

Bronze
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:07 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby eck456 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:18 am

str8shot122 wrote:
eck456 wrote:
str8shot122 wrote:
appind wrote:
str8shot122 wrote:Checking in. 161/3.68. Definitely thought I'd get rejected. Going to send LOCI because why not lol


special softs? urm?


Yeah military officer. But nothing extraordinary. Applied in November.


Talk about Veterans Service day this friday across harvard's campus and all the mil/civ stuff H is doing right now (not military, just friends w a bunch). H is all about crossing the mil/ civ divide these days (I think it's how they see having traction w the current administration given other avenues closing)


Thanks. Good to know. Yeah I was shocked because I've been denied all the way down to Cornell (waitlist). I fully expected to be rejected. Unfortunately, I don't think I have much upward mobility with an LSAT retake.


Good luck and keep the hope alive! Most of my best friends in my grad program are ex or current military, so let's both get in and keep the trend going? H really does love its vets

str8shot122

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby str8shot122 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:21 am

eck456 wrote:
str8shot122 wrote:
eck456 wrote:
str8shot122 wrote:
appind wrote:
str8shot122 wrote:Checking in. 161/3.68. Definitely thought I'd get rejected. Going to send LOCI because why not lol


special softs? urm?


Yeah military officer. But nothing extraordinary. Applied in November.


Talk about Veterans Service day this friday across harvard's campus and all the mil/civ stuff H is doing right now (not military, just friends w a bunch). H is all about crossing the mil/ civ divide these days (I think it's how they see having traction w the current administration given other avenues closing)


Thanks. Good to know. Yeah I was shocked because I've been denied all the way down to Cornell (waitlist). I fully expected to be rejected. Unfortunately, I don't think I have much upward mobility with an LSAT retake.


Good luck and keep the hope alive! Most of my best friends in my grad program are ex or current military, so let's both get in and keep the trend going? H really does love its vets


Thanks!

User avatar
appind

Gold
Posts: 2258
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby appind » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:14 am

str8shot122 wrote:
eck456 wrote:
str8shot122 wrote:
appind wrote:
str8shot122 wrote:Checking in. 161/3.68. Definitely thought I'd get rejected. Going to send LOCI because why not lol


special softs? urm?


Yeah military officer. But nothing extraordinary. Applied in November.


Talk about Veterans Service day this friday across harvard's campus and all the mil/civ stuff H is doing right now (not military, just friends w a bunch). H is all about crossing the mil/ civ divide these days (I think it's how they see having traction w the current administration given other avenues closing)


Thanks. Good to know. Yeah I was shocked because I've been denied all the way down to Cornell (waitlist). I fully expected to be rejected. Unfortunately, I don't think I have much upward mobility with an LSAT retake.


interesting stats for your WL. it seems they must like your mil status and once below 25 percentile i guess lsat is all the same even tho LSN suggests otherwise. tho that could be one of the floors for non-urm lsat. not sure if H publishes their lowest GPA/LSAT.

surprisingly Y took someone with 153 lsat last year. would like to know that was.

User avatar
appind

Gold
Posts: 2258
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby appind » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:39 am

the c/o 2017 WL spreadsheet as a template is here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
i'd have created one for c/o 2020 if i knew how google spreadsheets work and are made public.

can someone setup a harvard WL c/o/2020 spreadsheet?

User avatar
appind

Gold
Posts: 2258
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby appind » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:58 pm

any JS1 to WL keep an eye out tracking open slots when they begin to become available?

Rdominicana15

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:55 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby Rdominicana15 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:34 pm

appind wrote:
str8shot122 wrote:Checking in. 161/3.68. Definitely thought I'd get rejected. Going to send LOCI because why not lol


special softs? urm?


I am at 3.79 & 160. URM and really strong Recs.

enoca

Bronze
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:28 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby enoca » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:38 am

appind wrote:the c/o 2017 WL spreadsheet as a template is here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
i'd have created one for c/o 2020 if i knew how google spreadsheets work and are made public.

can someone setup a harvard WL c/o/2020 spreadsheet?


I just quickly rejiggered that old one, so it should be usable for us:

https://top-law-schools.com/lu9NiA

User avatar
appind

Gold
Posts: 2258
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby appind » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:12 pm

nice

spreadsheet added to the OP: https://top-law-schools.com/lu9NiA

AllHailKingMao

Bronze
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:38 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby AllHailKingMao » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:18 pm

Hey everyone! How long do you think is too long for a LOCI (if you have a lot to say)?

VA2lawschool

Bronze
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:52 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby VA2lawschool » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:25 pm

AllHailKingMao wrote:Hey everyone! How long do you think is too long for a LOCI (if you have a lot to say)?


HLS only allows for one page, per their waitlist blog post.

alpinespring

New
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:59 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby alpinespring » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:05 am

quigleyest wrote:
Anxious-Undergrad wrote:Hi all,

I am wondering how long you all plan on sticking on the waitlist? It seems that after June 1 getting in off the waitlist becomes nearly impossible. Also, how many of you are still waiting on a few schools/money that would make you withdraw from the waitlist?

Deposit deadlines are fast approaching and waiting really stinks. Still glad to be here!



Do people think it is not worth to retake the LSAT in June? GPA = 3.6, LSAt high = 173 (3 tries so far 173, 170-scantron error, 172 this Feb) Really think I have a chance at 175+... but obviously this has not materialized yet


If you let them know, don't they hold your file until your new score? If you can really nab 175+, then why not

hellsbelles1

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:58 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby hellsbelles1 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:02 am

Hi all,

If I have a chance to visit HLS (live close enough by) is it worth letting the admissions office know in advance and/or trying to drop by when I'm there? has anyone done this? Trying to toe the line between desperate and dedicated lol

sittykitty

Bronze
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:32 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby sittykitty » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:26 am

hellsbelles1 wrote:Hi all,

If I have a chance to visit HLS (live close enough by) is it worth letting the admissions office know in advance and/or trying to drop by when I'm there? has anyone done this? Trying to toe the line between desperate and dedicated lol

When I reached out, they said you could drop by the admissions office to get a map and a list of buildings to visit, but they don't offer any tours or anything. I think you can stop by and say hi.

User avatar
appind

Gold
Posts: 2258
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby appind » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:26 pm

if someone can add a note of "DO NOT SORT - DOWNLOAD A COPY FIRST" on the title of Spreadsheet, then it may help prevent messing up formatting as it seems anyone can alter it. couldn't change spreadsheet's title.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 34 guests