Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Still standing? Where in the WL process are you?

JSNone-> WL -> Have Withdrawn since
7
13%
JSNone-> WL (will ride it out)
12
23%
JSNone-> WL (planning to withdraw)
2
4%
JSNone-> WL-> Dinged or/ No JS1 yet or/ No JS2 yet
8
15%
JSNone-> WL -> JS1 -> JS2 !!
4
8%
JS1 -> WL -> Have Withdrawn since
1
2%
JS1 -> WL (will ride it out)
17
32%
JS1 -> WL (planning to withdraw)
0
No votes
JS1 -> WL -> Dinged or/ No JS1b yet or/ No JS2 yet
0
No votes
JS1 -> WL -> Had JS1b -> JS2 !!
2
4%
 
Total votes: 53

ml0606148

New
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:10 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby ml0606148 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:49 am

LHS17 wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:
heyya0909 wrote:I think I may have the lowest lsat score here. :( Thinking whether I should retake in June...


I mean, you'll be out a hundred or so bucks and whatever time you spend studying, but if there's a chance it could help you get off the WL, why not?


If you're below their 25th by a more than statistically significant margin, and didn't wing it previously, I'd say they're interested in you despite your score and to focus on further developing and providing updates on your achievements. You can sway a mean, but not a median.


So the strategy would be like trying to figure out which part of you they are interested in and working hard to boost it (realistically) in the LOCI?

LHS17

Bronze
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:29 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby LHS17 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:58 am

ml0606148 wrote:
LHS17 wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:
heyya0909 wrote:I think I may have the lowest lsat score here. :( Thinking whether I should retake in June...


I mean, you'll be out a hundred or so bucks and whatever time you spend studying, but if there's a chance it could help you get off the WL, why not?


If you're below their 25th by a more than statistically significant margin, and didn't wing it previously, I'd say they're interested in you despite your score and to focus on further developing and providing updates on your achievements. You can sway a mean, but not a median.


So the strategy would be like trying to figure out which part of you they are interested in and working hard to boost it (realistically) in the LOCI?


I'd spend the time acquiring a complementary experience to the existing profile, ideally relevant to advancing one's legal ambitions.

YLX

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:26 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby YLX » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:32 am

CPA-->JD wrote:I'm not sure what to think about me being one of four out of 131 waitlisted votes who are at or above both medians. Either I have a better chance of getting accepted or they really don't like my app. What do you guys think?


Hi, I'm an international applicant with LSAT score above 75% and my GPA is evaluated as Superior. I guess my being waitlisted might be due to my late application. When did you apply?

CPA-->JD

Bronze
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 12:30 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby CPA-->JD » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:35 am

YLX wrote:
CPA-->JD wrote:I'm not sure what to think about me being one of four out of 131 waitlisted votes who are at or above both medians. Either I have a better chance of getting accepted or they really don't like my app. What do you guys think?


Hi, I'm an international applicant with LSAT score above 75% and my GPA is evaluated as Superior. I guess my being waitlisted might be due to my late application. When did you apply?

Early January after the December LSAT.

plimpton

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:00 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby plimpton » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:14 pm

YLX wrote:
CPA-->JD wrote:I'm not sure what to think about me being one of four out of 131 waitlisted votes who are at or above both medians. Either I have a better chance of getting accepted or they really don't like my app. What do you guys think?


Hi, I'm an international applicant with LSAT score above 75% and my GPA is evaluated as Superior. I guess my being waitlisted might be due to my late application. When did you apply?


Hey! I'm in a very similar boat and I applied mid Jan. It's a bit harder to know how international applicants are viewed on the waitlist, unless anyone else has any helpful info?

User avatar
jb111

New
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby jb111 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:59 pm

Any idea when H starts interviewing JS0s on the waitlist?

EDIT:

Just found this from last year's thread:

Last year looked like:
First WL JS1s reported May 7th
(No JS1bs except for international)
First JS2s reported May 20th
First dings reported June 18

Previous year was:
First WL JS1s reported May 6th.
First JS1bs reported May 13th
First JS2s reported May 15th (went to both those with JS1bs on the 13th and those with post-WL JS1s)
First dings reported June 17th


Looks like you can expect WL JS1s in early May, and JS2s to pre and post WL JS1s starting middle to end of May. Dings start going out mid June.

User avatar
jjcorvino

Silver
Posts: 1456
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby jjcorvino » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:08 pm

jb111 wrote:Any idea when H starts interviewing JS0s on the waitlist?

EDIT:

Just found this from last year's thread:

Last year looked like:
First WL JS1s reported May 7th
(No JS1bs except for international)
First JS2s reported May 20th
First dings reported June 18

Previous year was:
First WL JS1s reported May 6th.
First JS1bs reported May 13th
First JS2s reported May 15th (went to both those with JS1bs on the 13th and those with post-WL JS1s)
First dings reported June 17th


Looks like you can expect WL JS1s in early May, and JS2s to pre and post WL JS1s starting middle to end of May. Dings start going out mid June.


Good info!

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16640
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby Rigo » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:14 pm

Thanks jb111!

User avatar
Kopetz

Bronze
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby Kopetz » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:50 pm

jb111 wrote:Any idea when H starts interviewing JS0s on the waitlist?

EDIT:

Just found this from last year's thread:

Last year looked like:
First WL JS1s reported May 7th
(No JS1bs except for international)
First JS2s reported May 20th
First dings reported June 18

Previous year was:
First WL JS1s reported May 6th.
First JS1bs reported May 13th
First JS2s reported May 15th (went to both those with JS1bs on the 13th and those with post-WL JS1s)
First dings reported June 17th


Looks like you can expect WL JS1s in early May, and JS2s to pre and post WL JS1s starting middle to end of May. Dings start going out mid June.


You're a saint. Thank you.

User avatar
NotAGolfer

Silver
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby NotAGolfer » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:00 pm

Kopetz wrote:
jb111 wrote:Any idea when H starts interviewing JS0s on the waitlist?

EDIT:

Just found this from last year's thread:

Last year looked like:
First WL JS1s reported May 7th
(No JS1bs except for international)
First JS2s reported May 20th
First dings reported June 18

Previous year was:
First WL JS1s reported May 6th.
First JS1bs reported May 13th
First JS2s reported May 15th (went to both those with JS1bs on the 13th and those with post-WL JS1s)
First dings reported June 17th


Looks like you can expect WL JS1s in early May, and JS2s to pre and post WL JS1s starting middle to end of May. Dings start going out mid June.


You're a saint. Thank you.

Echo the thanks.

It's funny, because I felt a certain relief when I received the WL, knowing that I wouldn't need to continue having mini pity parties for myself every time there was a JS1 wave that excluded me. Now, it sounds like that will start all over again a month from now. Yay!

thatblondegirl

Bronze
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:47 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby thatblondegirl » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:48 pm

Is anybody else sitting here wondering how the heck they ended up in this group? I'm below both medians and white as a snowflake and yet, here I am.

User avatar
lawschool2016nyc

Bronze
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:49 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby lawschool2016nyc » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:49 pm

There are so few of us JS1s. I can't help wondering what I must have effed up in the interview...

gizmo1024

Bronze
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:09 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby gizmo1024 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:59 pm

lawschool2016nyc wrote:There are so few of us JS1s. I can't help wondering what I must have effed up in the interview...


+1.... </3

ChambanaMan

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby ChambanaMan » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:00 pm

Update: I sent in my LOCI on the 30th and today got a reply just saying they'd add it to my file.

CA1993

New
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:01 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby CA1993 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:26 pm

plimpton wrote:
YLX wrote:
CPA-->JD wrote:I'm not sure what to think about me being one of four out of 131 waitlisted votes who are at or above both medians. Either I have a better chance of getting accepted or they really don't like my app. What do you guys think?


Hi, I'm an international applicant with LSAT score above 75% and my GPA is evaluated as Superior. I guess my being waitlisted might be due to my late application. When did you apply?


Hey! I'm in a very similar boat and I applied mid Jan. It's a bit harder to know how international applicants are viewed on the waitlist, unless anyone else has any helpful info?


I'm in the exact same situation! I guess we could be in a good situation if lots of accepted high-LSAT scorers go elsewhere?

seeprybyrun

Bronze
Posts: 371
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:18 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby seeprybyrun » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:28 pm

ChambanaMan wrote:Update: I sent in my LOCI on the 30th and today got a reply just saying they'd add it to my file.


Yeah, same here and with at least one other. Sounds like they did a batch of "we got them kthxbai" emails today :P

ml0606148

New
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:10 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby ml0606148 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:44 am

LHS17 wrote:
ml0606148 wrote:
LHS17 wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:
heyya0909 wrote:I think I may have the lowest lsat score here. :( Thinking whether I should retake in June...


I mean, you'll be out a hundred or so bucks and whatever time you spend studying, but if there's a chance it could help you get off the WL, why not?


If you're below their 25th by a more than statistically significant margin, and didn't wing it previously, I'd say they're interested in you despite your score and to focus on further developing and providing updates on your achievements. You can sway a mean, but not a median.


So the strategy would be like trying to figure out which part of you they are interested in and working hard to boost it (realistically) in the LOCI?


I'd spend the time acquiring a complementary experience to the existing profile, ideally relevant to advancing one's legal ambitions.


thanks for the advice~

SUPERCHEF

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 12:56 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby SUPERCHEF » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:41 am

lawschool2016nyc wrote:There are so few of us JS1s. I can't help wondering what I must have effed up in the interview...


i try not to think about it too much or else i get depressed :cry:

ml0606148

New
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:10 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby ml0606148 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:42 am

thatblondegirl wrote:Is anybody else sitting here wondering how the heck they ended up in this group? I'm below both medians and white as a snowflake and yet, here I am.


they must be interested in some other qualities of you besides GPA and LSAT score, try to boost that in the LOCI

Pyrex

New
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:54 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby Pyrex » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:06 am

Simple question, but, how is the LOCI submitted? Via email, or through LSAC somehow?

ZVBXRPL

Silver
Posts: 586
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby ZVBXRPL » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:17 am

I want to confirm: two interviews (JS1+2) are necessary for acceptance, yes?

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16640
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby Rigo » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:21 am

ZVBXRPL wrote:I want to confirm: two interviews (JS1+2) are necessary for acceptance, yes?

No. JS2 is just a phone call telling you you got accepted.
So only one interview.

sittykitty

Bronze
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:32 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby sittykitty » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:06 am

Pyrex wrote:Simple question, but, how is the LOCI submitted? Via email, or through LSAC somehow?


I submitted mine via email, and got a confirmation of receipt ~3 days later.

User avatar
WordsworthIsBae

Bronze
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby WordsworthIsBae » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:25 am

SUPERCHEF wrote:
lawschool2016nyc wrote:There are so few of us JS1s. I can't help wondering what I must have effed up in the interview...


i try not to think about it too much or else i get depressed :cry:


Same, I thought I did objectively well. Now I'm second guessing myself. I don't think we should be thinking that way. I'm below both medians so that's probably what kept them from taking me outright.

harmcharm

New
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:26 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby harmcharm » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:48 am

WordsworthIsBae wrote:
SUPERCHEF wrote:
lawschool2016nyc wrote:There are so few of us JS1s. I can't help wondering what I must have effed up in the interview...


i try not to think about it too much or else i get depressed :cry:


Same, I thought I did objectively well. Now I'm second guessing myself. I don't think we should be thinking that way. I'm below both medians so that's probably what kept them from taking me outright.


I wouldn't worry about it. I am 1000% sure that my WL was the result of my KJD/reverse splitter status (I'm thinking I would have been golden if only one of those was true), and demographics was probably an issue with all ya'll too.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests