Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Still standing? Where in the WL process are you?

JSNone-> WL -> Have Withdrawn since
6
12%
JSNone-> WL (will ride it out)
12
23%
JSNone-> WL (planning to withdraw)
2
4%
JSNone-> WL-> Dinged or/ No JS1 yet or/ No JS2 yet
8
15%
JSNone-> WL -> JS1 -> JS2 !!
4
8%
JS1 -> WL -> Have Withdrawn since
1
2%
JS1 -> WL (will ride it out)
17
33%
JS1 -> WL (planning to withdraw)
0
No votes
JS1 -> WL -> Dinged or/ No JS1b yet or/ No JS2 yet
0
No votes
JS1 -> WL -> Had JS1b -> JS2 !!
2
4%
 
Total votes: 52

EMPS2020

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:57 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby EMPS2020 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:09 am

When are people planning on sending LOCI?

yhchoi1687

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby yhchoi1687 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:16 am

EMPS2020 wrote:When are people planning on sending LOCI?


I am planning to submit it by mid April.

EMPS2020

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:57 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby EMPS2020 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:17 am

yhchoi1687 wrote:
EMPS2020 wrote:When are people planning on sending LOCI?


I am planning to submit it by mid April.


Good to know - thanks!

lemon-lyman

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:05 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby lemon-lyman » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:26 pm

jjcorvino wrote:What should we be in our LOCI? I mean, obviously Harvard knows that they are amazing, I think it would be a waste to talk too much about that. Should I discuss my career goals?


I'm also very curious about this. I don't really have any updates to talk about (still at the same job), and it seems pointless just to talk about how great Harvard is. I'm thinking of mentioning what I've learned and how it ties into specific career goals, and how Harvard can help.

toto1995

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:27 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby toto1995 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:47 pm

Rigo wrote:
kamy123 wrote:Waitlisted.
What are your thoughts on mentioning in the LOCI that I'll be retaking the June LSAT to improve my score?

I guess there's no downside, but I probably wouldn't.
They might set you aside when they otherwise might have decided on you before July.


LSAC will notify them and they may just hold it anyway

ExcitedKid

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:51 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby ExcitedKid » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:49 pm

toto1995 wrote:
gargleblaster wrote:I feel like H is going to have one of the highest yields ever cause the rest of the t-14 has been such a cluster this cycle.

methinks bad news 4 us waitlisters.


it's mostly the lower top 14 and NYU that have been weird. Seems to me that most people who are choosing between H and somewhere else got big scholarships at lower top 14s or some money at CCN.
Or obviously Yale or Stanford (which haven't been weird this cycle either). Harvard's admissions haven't been off this cycle, and the people already admitted to H probably aren't the same people getting ghosted by NYU or rejected by cornell.


Hey Toto1995
I laughed at your post. I have been admitted to H but got rejected by Cornell...
Still trying to figure that out.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby Rigo » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:59 pm

toto1995 wrote:
Rigo wrote:
kamy123 wrote:Waitlisted.
What are your thoughts on mentioning in the LOCI that I'll be retaking the June LSAT to improve my score?

I guess there's no downside, but I probably wouldn't.
They might set you aside when they otherwise might have decided on you before July.

LSAC will notify them and they may just hold it anyway

I don't think the notifications are automatic. Schools can view who is signed up but I don't think they would think to really seek out that info so late in the cycle.

I just don't see an advantage to telling them. If your LSAT is holding you back, they would pick you off the waitlist despite your LSAT. So just focus on the positives.

CPA-->JD

Bronze
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 12:30 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby CPA-->JD » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:14 pm

I'm not sure what to think about me being one of four out of 131 waitlisted votes who are at or above both medians. Either I have a better chance of getting accepted or they really don't like my app. What do you guys think?

sittykitty

Bronze
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:32 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby sittykitty » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:33 pm

CPA-->JD wrote:I'm not sure what to think about me being one of four out of 131 waitlisted votes who are at or above both medians. Either I have a better chance of getting accepted or they really don't like my app. What do you guys think?


I think I'm jealous

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:44 pm

CPA-->JD wrote:I'm not sure what to think about me being one of four out of 131 waitlisted votes who are at or above both medians. Either I have a better chance of getting accepted or they really don't like my app. What do you guys think?


In the same boat and was like wow I really rubbed someone the wrong way I guess.

ZVBXRPL

Silver
Posts: 585
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby ZVBXRPL » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:15 pm

Anyone have an estimate on how many people get waitlisted? I see about 135 on this poll.

heyya0909

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:40 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby heyya0909 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:56 pm

I think I may have the lowest lsat score here. :( Thinking whether I should retake in June...

seeprybyrun

Bronze
Posts: 371
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:18 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby seeprybyrun » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:00 pm

heyya0909 wrote:I think I may have the lowest lsat score here. :( Thinking whether I should retake in June...


I mean, you'll be out a hundred or so bucks and whatever time you spend studying, but if there's a chance it could help you get off the WL, why not?

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby Rigo » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:02 pm

ZVBXRPL wrote:Anyone have an estimate on how many people get waitlisted? I see about 135 on this poll.

I mean everything below a 172 is all kind of the same at this point.

LHS17

Bronze
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:29 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby LHS17 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:13 pm

seeprybyrun wrote:
heyya0909 wrote:I think I may have the lowest lsat score here. :( Thinking whether I should retake in June...


I mean, you'll be out a hundred or so bucks and whatever time you spend studying, but if there's a chance it could help you get off the WL, why not?


If you're below their 25th by a more than statistically significant margin, and didn't wing it previously, I'd say they're interested in you despite your score and to focus on further developing and providing updates on your achievements. You can sway a mean, but not a median.

User avatar
MrJD2020

Bronze
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:59 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby MrJD2020 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:17 pm

EMPS2020 wrote:
yhchoi1687 wrote:
EMPS2020 wrote:When are people planning on sending LOCI?


I am planning to submit it by mid April.


Good to know - thanks!


Mine's already in. :mrgreen:

eck456

Bronze
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:07 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby eck456 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:19 pm

MrJD2020 wrote:
EMPS2020 wrote:
yhchoi1687 wrote:
EMPS2020 wrote:When are people planning on sending LOCI?


I am planning to submit it by mid April.


Good to know - thanks!


Mine's already in. :mrgreen:


Waiting on confirmation on a summer internship and an updated transcript, so I'm guessing within the next week to 10 days?

kubakuba

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:10 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby kubakuba » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:46 pm

.
Last edited by kubakuba on Thu May 04, 2017 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChambanaMan

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby ChambanaMan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:14 pm

I had never thought about taking the June LSAT to get off the waitlist... My first LSAT (June 2016) was my third test I ever took. Maybe I should do it...

enitar

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:17 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby enitar » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:33 pm

.

User avatar
TudoBem

Bronze
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:21 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby TudoBem » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:18 pm

I am below both their 25th. Why Harvard is still flirting with me?
I'll send them an update of my recent accomplishments not a typical LOCI though.

Pyrex

New
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:54 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby Pyrex » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:52 pm

My lsat came in a tick below median (171), but was the at the very bottom of my score ranges on practice tests. Also studied pretty aggressively for 2 months to make December lsat to get app in on time. Think it's going to be worth it for me to retake it. Hopefully i can cancel thebecause I'm already in mid may :D

ZVBXRPL

Silver
Posts: 585
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby ZVBXRPL » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:48 pm

heyya0909 wrote:I think I may have the lowest lsat score here. :( Thinking whether I should retake in June...

u do?! mind ping stats and well compare. I'm below 25th lsat too btw

ml0606148

New
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:10 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby ml0606148 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:40 am

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
ml0606148 wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:
ml0606148 wrote:does anyone know whether a voluntary abandonment of scholarship in LOCI will help? And also whether we can submit additional reference letters from Harvard Law School alumni at this stage? thanks~


Harvard only does need-based aid, so I doubt it'll have an impact in their decision.

Their waitlist FAQ discourages new LORs.
https://hls.harvard.edu/dept/jdadmissio ... -waitlist/


oh, I see, thanks for the information!


But I am curious as to your question about voluntary abandonment (that's so catchy!) - what do people think about this, because I also was contemplating it.


I think no matter what kind of law school would like to save as much scholarship as possible, after all the tuition fee from JD and LLM is used to fund other much more costy programs in the university. So I thought such promise would at least have some positive effect.

But the odd thing is one of my senior got into both Yale and Harvard Law Schools last year and she definitely could not pay for it, but it turned out that she could not receive any money from both law schools. So she later went to Yale with a full student loan which Yale helped to arrange for her. I could not see any need-based scholarship principle on her case.....

ml0606148

New
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:10 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Postby ml0606148 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:45 am

ExcitedKid wrote:
toto1995 wrote:
gargleblaster wrote:I feel like H is going to have one of the highest yields ever cause the rest of the t-14 has been such a cluster this cycle.

methinks bad news 4 us waitlisters.


it's mostly the lower top 14 and NYU that have been weird. Seems to me that most people who are choosing between H and somewhere else got big scholarships at lower top 14s or some money at CCN.
Or obviously Yale or Stanford (which haven't been weird this cycle either). Harvard's admissions haven't been off this cycle, and the people already admitted to H probably aren't the same people getting ghosted by NYU or rejected by cornell.


Hey Toto1995
I laughed at your post. I have been admitted to H but got rejected by Cornell...
Still trying to figure that out.


haha!!!very interesting case, I think one possible scenario is Cornell knows you are just flirting with them~



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kamik01 and 14 guests